Statistics

298,599 members
182,221 posts
  • New
    Pezzo
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-06-03

I'm an absolute beginner trying to transfer some old 12" LPs to my MacBook Pro (2013) or iMac (2009). The MBPro is useless as it has no audio input port and a TRRS jack does not show in Preferences/Sound/Input. So let's focus on the old iMac which does.

I am connecting a Technics deck with low-level output and the most success I've had is to go from that through a Pre-Amp to the UCA202 when headphone monitoring reveals a good strong signal . . BUT . . I get nothing coming into Audacity on the iMac.

I've been to Preferences/Sound/Input and selected the USB Audio CODEC input and the Output setting is to internal speakers.

In Audacity my only Input choices are Built-in Microphone or Built-in Input and I've selected the latter.

Can't understand why I have no input - can anyone help?

read more...
    0 301
    • Pezzo
      Nigel67 Hi Pezzo. Unless you turntable has a pre-amp built into it, then you will need to continue to use the pre-amp as the UCA202 does not have one. With regards to your MAC, when you go into Preferences - Sound - Input, you need to highlight the USB Audio Codec. Underneath that, you should see a bargraph. Does this light up when playing audio through the UCA202? If so, then you will need to look at your Audacity settings. In Preferences - Devices, if you go into Recording options, under device you should see the USB audio Codec and channels should be set to 2 (stereo). The Host should be MME. For Playback, you should also have the option of USB Audio Codec as well as speakers. If you do not see the USB Audio Codec, try re-installing Audacity and recheck that the UCA202 is being recognised in the USB settings.
      • June 3, 2021
    • Pezzo
      Pezzo

Nigel67 - I’ve replied to thank you twice but this site has a strange interface and my replies just seem to disappear. Thanks for your very prompt help - I’ve got it all working now with good results.

• June 4, 2021
  • New
    DrummerDave
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-03-12

My newly purchased Interface does not recognise my laptop.

Two usb sockets working well, but with the supplied usb cable, there is no communication whatsoever. I keep getting Firmware update, nothing more.

0 21
  • ShubhamKumar
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-14
    I am facing a problem with my audio inerface that is behringer uphoria um2. It gives a continuous hmmmm sound even when mic is not plugged in... Please help me
    0 56
    • ShubhamKumar
      Dale_M Does it do the same if you try it on another PC/MAC?
      • July 14, 2020
    • ShubhamKumar
      WilliamR Are all your devices plugged into the same power strip as your computer? Is anything that is plugged into your computer plugged into a different power outlet? Sounds like it might be a ground loop issue.
      • July 14, 2020
  • New
    cautrindade62
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-12

It's working and can record using mono channels 1 and 2, BUT, channels 3 and 4 shows on Studio One but faded. They can't be chosen. So, I can't use all 4 channels, but only 2.

Does anybody knows what's going on ? I'm using the UMC ASIO drive, last version available.

read more...
    0 47
  • New
    Davidomog
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-31

I just bought the MUC22, and need the driver to help me install it on my pc. Thanks.

0 115
  • New
    Tebogo
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-28

I don't know how to get the redeem code for tracktion after my purchase of the UM2 audio interface.

0 22
    • Tebogo
      KyleJohnson Hello, Kyle here with Music Tribe. You will need to register your purchase. Click on Support at the top of the page and then select product Registration to register your product.
      • November 28, 2021
  • New
    thevoidngi
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-29

Hello,

I can't find my original topic (I suppose it has been deleted since you replied to my ticket) but I want this to be public and visible and get traction

I've purchased a UMC 1820 from Thomann.de. Received it on tuseday 27

When I've tried it all channels have a lot of signal passing through even with the main knob turned to zero. Both in direct monitoring as weel as in USB connection (see attachment). And not a little signal. That's a LOT (in the picture you see the signal getting from a moog Sub Phatty at max volume while the channel gain on the UMC 1820 is at zero)

I've opened a ticket as I've never seen this in my life in any audio interfaces in 15 years and it's not an acceptable behaviour for an audio interface as it's very limiting 

This is not documented anywhere (forum, Manual, etc) and there is no firmware . The Customer Service confirmed this should not be the behaviour and I've probably got a Faulty unit

I've sent it back the unit to Thomann.de (Attaching MT customer service email) and asked for a reimbursment. In the meanwhile I went in a local italian shop to get another one as I need it urgently for a recording session on Saturday (paying it more than Thomann)

I've just tested it and it has the EXACT SAME BEHAVIOUR

I want an official clarification from Behringer as I cannot think I got two faulty unit in a row from 2 different vendors with the same issue and I'm losing a lot of time (and money) around this

read more...
    0 500
    • thevoidngi
      RexBeckett Hello Roberto, this is not an official response but I don't think you got two defective units. It is quite common on preamps, interfaces and mixing consoles that the Gain controls do not have an Off setting. They usually have a range from minimum to maximum gain. If the minimum gain is too high for your source, reduce its output level or press in the UMC1820's Pad button. The gain controls on other UMC products (202HD, 204HD, 404HD) have the same behavior.
      • October 29, 2020
      • UMC 1820 ISSUE - Gain knob to zero but still getting a lot of signal from all channels - 2 new faulty units in a row?
        Patov1975 the gain minimum is +16db , the maximum is 56db ... so its normal if the source is too loud
        • Apr 3
    • thevoidngi
      JeffFessler Just saw this post. I own an 1820, as well. One thing I noticed was that the monitoring signal allows direct monitoring of incoming signal. If you move it over to "PB 1-2" you should only hear what's in/out on channel 1-2. I don't know if that solves your issue, but it's a shot...
      • January 30, 2021
  • New
    jarisdreaming
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-02-21

i recently purchased the behringer xr18 air. i was running sound for a 12 hour long music festival and did a one hour sound check with the unit. after one hour the unit got very hot. i decided it was a risk to try to use for 12 hours non-stop and swapped it out with my old analog board. is there something i can do to prevent the overheating of this unit or should i just upgrade to a more efficient interface?

read more...
    0 25
    • jarisdreaming
      GaryHiggins I used one a few years back for a 3 day blues festival in 90+ degree weather on a second stage. Each day except day 3 was in excess of 8 hrs. It worked perfectly, no over heating issues (just the people) You need not worry unless you have a defective unit in which case the only way you will really find out is to just use it. They run warm but not to the point of danger.
      • Feb 22
  • New
    knorgmusic1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-25

Hi,

I have a solo act, where I try to do everything at once, using multiple instruments, and generally post stream live as well as play in front of live crowds.

I'm looking for entry level, expandable Analog to Digital XLR & 1/4" interfaces, 8 channel or greater, that isn't extremely expensive that I can also utilize through common interfaces such as OBS Studio...I'm not sure if I need an Ableton or another type of software, but wanted to get started with some recommendations.

(I have a 6 channel USB mixer that currently serves me well, to pick up the pro audio and send it over to OBS.

Thanks

Karl

read more...
    0 10
  • SAMYSUPER14
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-26

I installed the newest drivers for my um2 audio interface, but after that i could not use my microphone, i've seen other people have the same problem as me  but i have not found any solution, i've already tried changin from 4400khz to 4800khz, and also un-installing the old drivers, even  all drivers and installing them again, but nothing, i cannot use my mic, please help me.

read more...
    0 224
    • SAMYSUPER14
      RexBeckett The UM2 does not require a special driver for Windows 10. If you installed an old driver intended for Windows XP, it may prevent Windows installing the UM2 using the default USB Audio Codec drivers. Removing the erroneous drivers is not always easy. This site gives comprehensive instructions for complete removal of drivers from Windows 10.

Another approach would be to restore Windows to a point before you first installed the bad driver.
      • July 26, 2020
Go to page