Statistics

305,515 members
189,824 posts
  • paulie303808
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-30

is the recommended adat expansion for the umc1820 the ada8200? or is there another one which is better recommended to utilise the umc1820 as best as possible? am I correct in assuming the umc1820 has the potential of 18 and 20 individual outputs and inputs when combined with adat expansion, could this be done with the ada8200 or would I need a different interface?

read more...
    0 188
    • paulie303808
      GaryHiggins I am not a umc user but the ada8200 is their latest offering afaik. Uses Midas designed preamps etc.. I would be fairly certain that's the one to use.
      • August 30, 2020
    • paulie303808
      RexBeckett Yes the ADA8200 is the recommended expansion for the UMC1820. Used together you can have eighteen inputs (16 analogue + 2 S/PDIF) and twenty outputs (18 analogue + 2 S/PDIF). On Windows, the UMC driver provides access to all input and output channels through ASIO. On macOS (10.9 or later), Core Audio supports all inputs and outputs.
      • August 30, 2020
    • paulie303808
      paulie303808 Thanks. would other models by behringer also utilise the umc1820 well? like the ada8000? or is this not as good?
      • August 31, 2020
      • recommended adat expansion for umc1820
        GaryHiggins ADA8000 should be fine, preamps not as good but it should work fine.
        • ·
        • August 31, 2020
      • recommended adat expansion for umc1820
        RexBeckett The ADA8200 is an improved version of the ADA8000. It has better mic preamps and converters.
        • ·
        • August 31, 2020
    • paulie303808
      paulie303808 Thanks I went with the ada8000 in the end. When setting this up with the umc1820 does one need to be the master and the other slave? I noticed that both have toslink/optical in and out but the ada8000 has an additional "sync" port which the umc1820 does not have. can either of them be master over toslink/optical cables? or would the umc1820 not work as master due to the lack of sync port?
      • September 7, 2020
  • CSurieux
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-10-27

Hi,

I have been looking for an option to use my UMC204HD or UMC1820 in Windows 10 to have a better sound in web sessions on Zoom  or other meeting sofware.
    Using a mic for my voice AND mixing the sound from Windows just as you can do with Steinberg or Focusrite interfaces.
    And this without playing with a 3rd party software and a kind of hardware trick where we inject the windows output in the Aux board input using a physical cable :(
    The point seems to be that the windows driver does not bring to Windows starndards sound Input and Output a Loopback option.
    Could Behringer implement this in a futur version and the world of covid-19 would be easier to live ;)

read more...
    1 1,865
    • CSurieux
      PedroRodrigues Hi Christian, Thank you for your contact, please be aware that the unit works with ASIO drivers base developed by a third part company, never the less on our end on the development I will forward your suggestion to our R&D Team.
      • October 28, 2020
      • Missing loopback feature in the U-PHORIA audio interfaces under W10
        PedroRodrigues Hi TormyVanCool as I'm sure you are aware we do not provide any information regarding any process that is related to our R&D Team. Thank you
        • January 20, 2021
    • CSurieux
      djskope Hi! Please can I also +1 this. Would be great if this feature could be implemented.
      • September 18, 2021
    • CSurieux
      djskope It would really help with multisampling and also streaming with OBS etc. if Loopback was enabled. As I workaround I used vooicemeter 3rd party software solution but an official implementation would be much better pretty please xx
      • September 18, 2021
  • New
    DJ51627
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-06

The specs (meaning things like frequency response, noise, latency, etc.), the preamps, the sound, the quality...is it all exactly the same on every model in the U-Phoria line...the UMC1820 and the UMC404HD, for example?

Thanks.

read more...
    0 58
    • DJ51627
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi DJ51627, The specs are not all the same for the U-Phoria line. The UMC202HD, 204HD, and 404HD are the same for the most part, however, the UMC22 and UM2 along with the UMC1820 do have some differences within their spec. Please also note that the UM2 and UMC22 will run off different drivers to the other models.

I would recommend reviewing the Quickstart guide on the product page below which will show all specs for all models except the UMC1820 to get a closer look at the differences, these can be found on pages 42-47.

https://www.behringer.com/product.html?modelCode=P0BJZ

For the UMC1820 please review the following page:

https://www.behringer.com/product.html?modelCode=P0B2J
      • August 5, 2021
  • New
    Banksor1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-11-08

I am running my turntable through the UFO202 to my Win10 PC running Audacity.  The signal to the "R input" is not making it through the UFO202.  The "L input" is working fine and goes to both channels through the USB to Audacity.  

When I plug my headphones into the phones jack on the UFO2020 both channels work.  When I plug the headphones into the PC the problem reappears.  I tried inputing signal from my radio and the same problem occurs as for the phono.

Thanks for the help,

read more...
    0 6
  • New
    GeoffL
    Contributor - Level 1
    2022-01-17

Hi.

I recently purchased a UMC404HD interface and received an email with a redemption code for Tracktion DAW. I followed the link to traction.com and there clicked "Redeem" in the top menu. My AV immediately kicked in and blocked the link, claiming it to be infected with URL:Phishing virus (see image of AV popup).

I bought the UMC404HD to replace a Steinberg UR22 because I needed more than two inputs. I used the Steinberg interface with the free version of Tracktion Waveform 11 (and Tracktion 7 before that) and hence already have the free version of the DAW -- but it doesn't seem to have the 150 plugins and effects mentioned by user Math22 at https://community.musictribe.com/discussions/272835/315209/traktion-daw-with-150-plugins-instruments

Is the bundled version of Tracktion different to the version that's generally available for free without needing a redemption code, and would I get any benefit from uninstalling Waveform 11 and redeeming the code I got on registration?

Thanks, Geoff

read more...
    0 67
  • New
    TedJones
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-11-26

Hi,

Just purchased the Behringer UMC1820. Using Reaper as my DAW. When I pan an inturment I can hear it in my main speakers but not in my headphones. Any ideas?

0 144
    • TedJones
      Nigel67 Hi TedJones, there is no pan facility on the UMC1820, and can you identify which headphones and main speakers you are describing, from the UMC1820 or the DAW, and is it on playback or recording that you have the issue. If it is the DAW, then I am afraid that you will need to contact the DAW manufacturer for their advice as we do not support DAW operation. You haven't mentioned which OS you are using. If it is Windows 10, then you will need to make sure that you have the recording and playback settings set up as 2 channel in the Sounds Setting.
      • November 26, 2020
    • TedJones
      TedJones Hi Nigel, Sorry I didn't furnish more information previously. I am aware that there is no pan facility on the unit itself. I am using Behringer HMP1000 headphones plugged into Phones A on the UMC1820 set to 1-2. Main speakers are Behringer Truth B2030A hooked to Main Out 1/L and 2/R in the UMC1820. This is during playback while trying to mix making comparisons from main monitors to headphones. I am using Windows 10 and sound settings are set to 2 channel, 24bit, 48,000bit (Studio Quality). I have tried other DAW's thinking it may be a setting in Reaper but get the same result.
      • November 26, 2020
    • TedJones
      TedJones This is solved. I swapped out the 1/8 to 1/4 adapter and it worked fine. Not sure what the problem was with the other adapter since it is the one that came with the headphones but...now I'm good.
      • November 26, 2020
      • Headphones not panning
        Nigel67 Many thanks for the feedback TedJones. The only thing that I can think of with headphones these days is that some adapters screw on and a lot of people when first using the adapter (me included) do not realise this. Therefore, if you do not screw the adapter on, but just push the mini adapter into it, then it will not go all the way in and you find that the tip and ring get shorted thus giving a mono sound. have a look to see if there is a screw thread, this may be the cause. All the best
        • November 27, 2020
  • New
    Avramonthebeat
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-23

Hola, Buen dia tengo una interfaz de audio behriger umc 204 con fallas, la abri y estube midiendo continuidad y me di cuenta que el componente que esta fallando es el L9 no pude reconocer que componente es exactamente a simple vista para poder repararla, ¿alguien sabe que componente es este?

read more...
    0 74
  • New
    CSurieux
    Contributor - Level 2
    2022-02-01

It's not obvious when looking at the various on-line dealers.
    Some sites as Bax (FR site) or Sweatwater (US site)  show pictures with an USB cable, and comments on Amazon say there is one, some others as Thomann has no picture with an USB cable.
    I am quite sure that there is only one packaging from Behringer ?
    So if you bought it, have you received the USB cable ?

read more...
    0 25
  • New
    Mb805
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-03-30

I received my UMC404HD yesterday, from what I understood, there should have been a Tracktion 7 download code as part of the unit.  I went to Tracktion, to download the DAW, and the selected the "missing this email?" for Behringer link.  Took me to the Care Center, and I completed the registration of my interface, and have yet to receive and email with a code.  Try as I might, I can't find a good contact phone number to talk to an actual person.  

read more...
    0 40
    • Mb805
      NicJonesMT Hi Mb805.
      Can you send me the case number for your production registration and I'll look into this for you?
      • Mar 31
    • Mb805
      Headfonehead i have the same problem
      • Apr 1
    • Mb805
      OneBlurredEye I too have yet to receive an email after registering my UMC204HD, ticket# is CAS-585485-K3P2T3
      • Apr 1
  • New
    JosephDanielVillarreal
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-10

I accidentally put 19v supply on my 15v behringer umc interface. Now the 15v doesn't power it up. The usb connection to my laptop powers it up but doesn't push out enough. Anyone know what how I can fix this issue?Maybe something I can solder or a usb power supply?

read more...
    0 51
    • JosephDanielVillarreal
      WilliamR Hello Joseph, Most of the smaller UMC interfaces run on 5 Volts dc. Which interface do you have?
      • December 10, 2020
      • No power
        JosephDanielVillarreal Correction, I put a 9v on myumc404hd 5v input.
        • December 10, 2020
    • JosephDanielVillarreal
      WilliamR Hello Joseph, a 9-volt power may have caused permanent damage to your UMC404HD.
      • December 11, 2020
Go to page