Statistics

305,243 members
189,517 posts
  • New
    Mr_Music
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2022-02-20

I was wondering if anyone knows if there will be a new version of the UMC404HD?

Its over 5 years old now and although it's still works, it would be nice to see it get an upgrade.

0 16
  • New
    ToddNicholson
    Contributor - Level 1
    2022-06-14

I am looking to replace some old audio interfaces. I'm interested in the UMC1820, but I have questions about how Windows will treat it in regards to playback/recording (outputs/inputs). 

In other words, if I am working on a mix in my DAW that contains more than 20 channels, how will that mix be played back through this interface if I need to record additional parts?

I have 2 older devices for demonstration of what I'm talking about.

Device 1 - 16 channel mixer

The computer recognizes 18 inputs from this mixer which includes the 16 individual channels plus whatever mix is sent to the main left and right. The computer also recognizes the mixer as a stereo output device.  With this mixer, I can record up to 18 tracks at a time into my DAW, but no matter how many total tracks are in my project, the stereo output is played back through the main left and right of my mixer.

I can record additional parts along with my playback and either monitor them directly through the analog mixer session or through the USB output.

Device 2 - 2 channel audio interface

The computer recognizes 2 microphone inputs plus a stereo output. I can record two tracks at a time and playback my main mix to the audio interface. A blend knob allows me to set levels between the live instruments and the DAW playback.

I recently tried another interface that had 10 inputs and 10 outputs over USB.  Unfortunately, it was a poorly thought out design. Each individual channel requires a physical switch to select whether it is used as USB input or output. The DAW could play back only the first 10 tracks to channels 1 through 10, and the overall stereo output also plays back on channels 1 and 2 instead of being sent directly to this interface's main outputs or headphones.  Because of this implementation, it is very difficult to record additional parts while playing back an existing mix from the DAW.

read more...
    0 22
  • New
    bertvandenbrandt
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-08-05

Hi everyone,

Here's my situation : 
    In a small rack case I'm using a UMC1820 Interface for the return of my in-ears during rehearsals and live gigs.  Just using 2 channels receiving 2 XLRs coming from the monitoring channel of an X32 mixer.  (I'm aware there are other alternatives like a simple Powerplay P1, but until now, the UMC1820 always worked without any problem :))

In the past, during rehearsals or live gigs, every instrument and vocals entered perfectly in the mix with good quality.

What I noticed recently is that some sounds/samples of the keyboard channel are losing quality/volume, while the rest of the band does not have this problem in their in-ear mix.  They hear the keyboard channel perfectly.  For my mix, I still hear guitar, bass and vocals loud and clear with good quality, but only keyboard channel is losing quality.  So strange problem...

Tested the same 2 XLRs on a Powerplay P1 and quality of keyboard channel was good.

Tested the UMC1820 on phone output or on Main Out, keyboard channel was losing quality on specific samples.

So, the problem must be linked to the UMC1820 but I have totally no clue where to look at.  Intereference of something, frequencies, ... 

Any feedback or help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

read more...
    0 18
    • bertvandenbrandt
      WilliamR Hello, Please click on the support link above and create a tech support case and an agent will get back to you ASAP.
      • Aug 5
  • New
    AlexNotTheLion
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-05

I really like the GOXLR mini, after trying loads of different pre amps and gates / channel strips for my mic its just about the only thing i found which works for a really great price! however, my set up for it is complex and due to the way its set up i cant use it to its full capacity (for some background i stream on twitch via obs studio), my input chain is as follows: shure s7mb > go xlr mini > pc

this works and is great as an input, my issue stems from output which i personally have two issues with, 

1. i like to keep my own listening volume sepparate from stream volume, with the goxlr this currently isnt possible as far as im aware, if i were to use all the faders and output to stream mix, if i decreased the volume on a single fader, i have no way to compensate for that in obs, this could be fixed by optionally outputting the channels sepparatly as well as a combined "stream mix" , so currently i am only using a single fader to output music only to stream mix, so if the volume is too low for stream, i can increase it in obs without affecting my listening volume.

2. i use a external dac and headphone amp which makes routing output from the goxlr a bit of a pain, currently with the single fader im using, with voicemeter i take the streammix input and output it to my dac > headphone amp > headphones which isnt a great chain, i'd really love to see a feature either in a new go xlr to have lossless clean usb output, or have a software update to output to a specific device or again having seppareted channel outputs would allow me to fully use the faders to control my own volume sepparate from obs' output

other than those personal problems, i really love the goxlr! i think its a fantastic product and in more simple setups works really really well

read more...
    0 499
    • AlexNotTheLion
      TC Helicon Hi AlexNotTheLion, great to hear from you! Thank you for your incredible support! This means a lot to us.
      • July 23, 2021
    • AlexNotTheLion
      PedroRodrigues Hi AlexNotTheLion, I will leave you below a full GOXLR set up that will be helpful on this matter, information that involve OBS may be better answers by the OBS developers, so I would advise you to contact them directly.
      When it comes to using an external DAC, please take in to account that the GOXLR is a ADC and it will not be possible to use both unit at the same time as the GOXLR was developed to manage all aspect of the digital audio conversion and routing both unit as you have described just diminishes in a big way all the tools the GOXLR can offer you accompanied with an huge increase in the complexity of the set up.
      As I said on above please set up your GOXLR as stated below and you will have a huge amount of tools and processing power available for a seamless integration with any Broadcast tools.
      Please confirm that you are connecting the unit directly to your computer via USB 2.0 port avowing any USB HUB’s and any USB adaptors.
      Please confirm that you are you using a 1 x 1/8" TRS, stereo to connect your headphones?
      Are you using a headset? If you are please see the connection diagram below:
      (PICTURE 1)
      Please check the video below that will be very useful on this matter:
      https://youtu.be/7aNajiA_exw" target="_blank" title="https://youtu.be/7aNajiA_exw" target="_blank" title="https://youtu.be/7aNajiA_exw">https://youtu.be/7aNajiA_exw">https://youtu.be/7aNajiA_exw">https://youtu.be/7aNajiA_exw
      I would also suggest uninstalling the GO XLR APP and the install the lasted version available version 1.3.3.130 that you will find by following the link below:
      https://www.tc-helicon.com/tchelicon/product?modelCode=P0CQK" target="_blank" title="https://www.tc-helicon.com/tchelicon/product?modelCode=P0CQK" target="_blank" title="https://www.tc-helicon.com/tchelicon/product?modelCode=P0CQK">https://www.tc-helicon.com/tchelicon/product?modelCode=P0CQK">https://www.tc-helicon.com/tchelicon/product?modelCode=P0CQK">https://www.tc-helicon.com/tchelicon/product?modelCode=P0CQK

When it comes to configure the GO XLR instead of showing up in your computer’s operating system as a single device with multiple inputs and outputs, GO XLR shows up in your computer as several different audio sub-devices dedicated to different elements of your overall livestream.
      Sound>Playback Tab These different sub-devices will each appear separately in your PC’s
      Sound>Playback tab:
      (PICTURE 2)
      These Playback sub-devices carry the following types of audio information:
      Chat—voice chat audio from services such as Discord or Skype
      Game—audio from your videogame, such as explosions, special effects sounds, or alert noises that originate inside the game
      Music—audio from music applications running on your computer, such as Spotify, Windows Media Player or iTunes
      Sample—audio that has been sampled in GO XLR plays back into your stream over this channel
      System—this channel serves as a catch-all for when perhaps you have a particular video game that won’t allow you to choose a specific output device
      To set up your audio devices in the Sound>Playback tab, use the right-click option on your mouse to take the following assignments:
      set up the System channel as your overall Default Device
      set the Chat channel as your Default Communications Device Once assigned, the system will add a green check mark and text label to mark each of these devices:
      (PICTURE 3)
      Similar sub-devices also appear in the system Sound>Recording tab in order to make your livestream audio available for recording.
      These Recording sub-devices carry the following types of audio:
      Broadcast Stream Mix—the final stereo mix that contains audio from all sub-devices combined into a single stream
      Chat Mic—audio from your personal chat mic (chosen as the Default Device via the right-click function)
      Sample—sampled audio from GO XLR plays back and can be recorded using this sub-device
      (PICTURE 4)
      Once each of these sub-devices has been set up and assigned to a GO XLR slider, each slider on GO XLR can independently control its assigned audio device.
      Each slider may then be used to adjust that device’s volume within the final livestream stereo mix. To further illustrate this separate-and-mix concept, if you feel that your Chat audio is too loud, you simply reach out to the assigned slider on your GO XLR and move the slider downward to decrease the Chat volume relative to the Game, Music or Sample audio.
      If the Chat audio is too quiet, you can reach out and move the Chat slider up to increase the Chat volume or you may also grab the Game, Music and Sample sliders and move those sliders downward to decrease those sub-devices’ volume relative to the Chat audio.
      As last to avoid an unintentional doubling of your audio, you will need to go into Windows under the Sound>Recording tab and make sure that the Windows “Listen to this device” option is switched off for your designated Default Device.
      The “Listen to this device” option is the internal method by which Windows allows you to monitor audio, but the processing latency inside your PC is slower than GO XLR’s internal audio processing, and so this slight delay inside the PC can create an unintentional doubling of the audio.
      To de-select “Listen to this device,” follow these steps:
      Open the Windows Sound control panel.
      Click on the Recording tab.
      Right-click on your designated Default Device.
      Choose the Properties option from the pop-up menu.
      Choose the “Listen” tab in the Properties pop-up window.
      Find the “Listen to this device” option.
      Make sure “Listen to this device” is UN-CHECKED

Thank you
      • August 4, 2021
  • New
    marcoshac2022
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-04-14

Hi, I sent the Product Registration ticket 5 days ago and it is still in status "New". I am looking to get the product registered and to get the Tracktion software code, so I can start editing music on the computer.

Does anyone had this issue? Any tips to speed up the process and get the Tracktion code?

Thanks. Marcos

read more...
    0 15
    • marcoshac2022
      WilliamR Hello, William from Musictribe here. Sorry for the delay. Could you Reply with your case number so that I can look into this for you?
      • Apr 14
      • Product Registration taking too long - No Tracktion Code yet....
        marcoshac2022 Hi William. I still have not received any code.. It is about 10 days now... How can we escalate this? This is frustrating...
        • Apr 25
    • marcoshac2022
      WilliamR

Hello Marco, I apologize for the delay. There was a technical issue with our system. Your product has been registered and the serial number has been sent to your email. Thank you for your patience.

• Apr 27
  • New
    GilsonFangaria
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-27

Can anyone help me how to install any nevessary drivers, plug in or music programs for this interface..its new thing for me and I need any assistance please. Thanks alot

Gilson

0 56
  • New
    LedZep69
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-11

I recently registered by Behringer UM2 on the site and received a confirmation email, but I did not receive an activation code for Tracktion.  My original case number for registration was CAS-399992-Q5N0S2.  Please advise. 

0 51
  • New
    AslemSantosVale
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-25

Hi, I need correct CODE from UMC 202, is in short, is a XMOS, photo is attached. 

0 670
    • AslemSantosVale
      DavidKnighton Hello Aslem,
      What exactly do you mean by CODE? Are you looking for a replacement chip or a programming code? Please let us know.
      • January 25, 2021
    • AslemSantosVale
      AslemSantosVale Chip. The manufacturer list there are 2 possible codes:
      • January 25, 2021
    • AslemSantosVale
      AslemSantosVale thanks,i will think if i order
      • January 26, 2021
      • USB IC from Umc 202
        Roblof The xmos is a mcu with onboard flash. Just replacing the chip will probably not be enough unless you get access to some kind of firmware that you need to download onto it.
        • January 28, 2021
      • USB IC from Umc 202
        AslemSantosVale I will check with the seller
        • January 30, 2021
      • USB IC from Umc 202
        AslemSantosVale the chip is in short
        • January 30, 2021
    • AslemSantosVale
      AslemSantosVale Who i write this? I dont have programmer
      • January 31, 2021
  • New
    justincase18
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-12-31

I'm really a beginner. I tried reading other posts but couldn't find what I'm looking for. If I'm asking stupid questions or something that's been posted already I apologize. 

I have a Midas M32R digital soundboard, connected via usb to my windows 10 machine. I installed the DN32-USB control panel and the driver "KLARK_TEKNIK_DN32-USB_v4.59.0". 

I then routed everything on my HOME tab and then copied that routing on my CARD tab, to make everything available to my DAW. However, the computer can only see what I have routed on the first section "Expansion Card Outputs 1-8". The rest of the outputs aren't visible to my computer - not in my sound settings, not in my DAW. I've tried routing various things to various outputs, but no matter what, my computer sees 1-8, but nothing else.

The readme for the driver says I also need to update the USB firmware from the "DFU-Folder". When I run that application file it tells me: "The driver DLL required to access the device is missing". 

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling everything, rebooting the computer, etc, and nothing seems to work. Any idea what I'm missing?

read more...
    0 395
    • justincase18
      Paul_Vannatto Which DAW are you using and is it ASIO compatible? If not you will only see the first 8, since you would be using one of the Windows audio drivers. Another possible solution is to download and install the latest ASIO drivers (5.12) from the product page (in Product Library, Software on right side).
      • December 30, 2021
      • Midas M32R with Klark Teknik DN32-USB only giving me first tab of outputs
        justincase18 Sorry I took so very long to reply!
        I'm using voicemeeter potato and I have installed the latest ASIO drivers (5.12). I also tried using cakewalk and it couldn't see the outputs there either. Although I was under the impression that windows should be able to see them as inputs in sound settings regardless of DAW, but windows can't see it either.

I just attempted to update the firmware on the m32r itself and now I've really screwed something up. As soon as the firmware update loaded (version 4.06) the board stopped recognizing our digital snake. The snake was working literally seconds earlier, but when I updated the firmware it was as if the snake was unplugged - no signal at all.
        • Jan 16
    • justincase18
      Paul_Vannatto Unfortunately you replied to a reply, which doesn't bump the discussion to the top of the Recent Update list. And posting from an email or notification link sends the post to a parallel universe. I finally found this discussion on page 23 of the recent update list.

Regarding your issue after you updated the firmware, updating to firmware 4.x will reset the console to factory default. Hopefully you saved the console's settings to a scene and exported that scene to a file. If you did, simply load that scene and the settings (including the routing) will be restored.
      • Jan 16
    • justincase18
      justincase18 Thanks for finding this conversation and your reply. Sorry I responded in a way that made that difficult.
      Anyway I did not save the scene, so that was my bad, but at least most of the settings seemed to carry over.

Anyway I checked the routing and I have the AES50 routed to inputs, but I'm not getting any signal on the meter when I plug a mic into the digital snake (the snake is a DL16).

One thing that I'm realizing, is that I don't think the firmware had ever been updated since the mixer was purchased, and there are a bunch of settings that didn't even exist before. Is it possible that there's been some patch that isn't backwards compatible with old settings and that I should do a factory reset and just rebuild the scene from scratch? Or... is it possible that the firmware for the snake is also super old and now incompatible with the updated firmware on the M32R? Should I try updating the firmware on the snake? Or is there something else that I might be missing?
      Thanks again for your help!
      • Jan 19
    • justincase18
      Paul_Vannatto Yes you should update the DL16 firmware as well. But your issue with on signals coming through might be because the channel strip sources were not the default (eg. chan 1 source was something like AES50 A12, etc.). When you updated the firmware to 4.x, it set all settings to default (eg. chan 1 source would be AES50 A1 if you changed the Routing, Inputs 1-8 to AES50 A1-8).
      • Jan 20
    • justincase18
      justincase18 Thanks, I think I already checked that if I understand what you're referring too.
      I selected input channel 1, tapped the Home button, config tab, and selected source A1.
      Then I tapped the routing button, and in the HOME tab, inputs 1-8 are set to AES50 A1-8.
      Still no signal whatsoever from the mic plugged in to port 1 of the snake.

Just to make sure I understood that routing, I tried plugging the mic into the physical input, then selected ln1 as the source, and local 1-8 as the routing and it worked just fine. Is there some other layer of settings that I'm missing?
      • Jan 20
  • New
    rustymusik
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-03-10

I unplugged my Goxlr from all cables to clean the desk. When I tried to turn it back on, it didn't work. what can i do to fix this ?

0 41
    • rustymusik
      WilliamR Hello, Are you using the correct power supply? Specifically the DC 12 Volt tc helicon power supply? We do get a lot of cases of power supplies getting swapped accidently.
      • Mar 10
Go to page