Statistics

306,256 members
190,629 posts
  • New
    AslemSantosVale
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-25

Hi, I need correct CODE from UMC 202, is in short, is a XMOS, photo is attached. 

0 681
    • AslemSantosVale
      DavidKnighton Hello Aslem,
      What exactly do you mean by CODE? Are you looking for a replacement chip or a programming code? Please let us know.
      • January 25, 2021
    • AslemSantosVale
      AslemSantosVale Chip. The manufacturer list there are 2 possible codes:
      • January 25, 2021
    • AslemSantosVale
      AslemSantosVale thanks,i will think if i order
      • January 26, 2021
      • USB IC from Umc 202
        Roblof The xmos is a mcu with onboard flash. Just replacing the chip will probably not be enough unless you get access to some kind of firmware that you need to download onto it.
        • January 28, 2021
      • USB IC from Umc 202
        AslemSantosVale I will check with the seller
        • January 30, 2021
      • USB IC from Umc 202
        AslemSantosVale the chip is in short
        • January 30, 2021
    • AslemSantosVale
      AslemSantosVale Who i write this? I dont have programmer
      • January 31, 2021
  • New
    justincase18
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-12-31

I'm really a beginner. I tried reading other posts but couldn't find what I'm looking for. If I'm asking stupid questions or something that's been posted already I apologize. 

I have a Midas M32R digital soundboard, connected via usb to my windows 10 machine. I installed the DN32-USB control panel and the driver "KLARK_TEKNIK_DN32-USB_v4.59.0". 

I then routed everything on my HOME tab and then copied that routing on my CARD tab, to make everything available to my DAW. However, the computer can only see what I have routed on the first section "Expansion Card Outputs 1-8". The rest of the outputs aren't visible to my computer - not in my sound settings, not in my DAW. I've tried routing various things to various outputs, but no matter what, my computer sees 1-8, but nothing else.

The readme for the driver says I also need to update the USB firmware from the "DFU-Folder". When I run that application file it tells me: "The driver DLL required to access the device is missing". 

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling everything, rebooting the computer, etc, and nothing seems to work. Any idea what I'm missing?

read more...
    0 399
    • justincase18
      Paul_Vannatto Which DAW are you using and is it ASIO compatible? If not you will only see the first 8, since you would be using one of the Windows audio drivers. Another possible solution is to download and install the latest ASIO drivers (5.12) from the product page (in Product Library, Software on right side).
      • December 30, 2021
      • Midas M32R with Klark Teknik DN32-USB only giving me first tab of outputs
        justincase18 Sorry I took so very long to reply!
        I'm using voicemeeter potato and I have installed the latest ASIO drivers (5.12). I also tried using cakewalk and it couldn't see the outputs there either. Although I was under the impression that windows should be able to see them as inputs in sound settings regardless of DAW, but windows can't see it either.

I just attempted to update the firmware on the m32r itself and now I've really screwed something up. As soon as the firmware update loaded (version 4.06) the board stopped recognizing our digital snake. The snake was working literally seconds earlier, but when I updated the firmware it was as if the snake was unplugged - no signal at all.
        • Jan 16
    • justincase18
      Paul_Vannatto Unfortunately you replied to a reply, which doesn't bump the discussion to the top of the Recent Update list. And posting from an email or notification link sends the post to a parallel universe. I finally found this discussion on page 23 of the recent update list.

Regarding your issue after you updated the firmware, updating to firmware 4.x will reset the console to factory default. Hopefully you saved the console's settings to a scene and exported that scene to a file. If you did, simply load that scene and the settings (including the routing) will be restored.
      • Jan 16
    • justincase18
      justincase18 Thanks for finding this conversation and your reply. Sorry I responded in a way that made that difficult.
      Anyway I did not save the scene, so that was my bad, but at least most of the settings seemed to carry over.

Anyway I checked the routing and I have the AES50 routed to inputs, but I'm not getting any signal on the meter when I plug a mic into the digital snake (the snake is a DL16).

One thing that I'm realizing, is that I don't think the firmware had ever been updated since the mixer was purchased, and there are a bunch of settings that didn't even exist before. Is it possible that there's been some patch that isn't backwards compatible with old settings and that I should do a factory reset and just rebuild the scene from scratch? Or... is it possible that the firmware for the snake is also super old and now incompatible with the updated firmware on the M32R? Should I try updating the firmware on the snake? Or is there something else that I might be missing?
      Thanks again for your help!
      • Jan 19
    • justincase18
      Paul_Vannatto Yes you should update the DL16 firmware as well. But your issue with on signals coming through might be because the channel strip sources were not the default (eg. chan 1 source was something like AES50 A12, etc.). When you updated the firmware to 4.x, it set all settings to default (eg. chan 1 source would be AES50 A1 if you changed the Routing, Inputs 1-8 to AES50 A1-8).
      • Jan 20
    • justincase18
      justincase18 Thanks, I think I already checked that if I understand what you're referring too.
      I selected input channel 1, tapped the Home button, config tab, and selected source A1.
      Then I tapped the routing button, and in the HOME tab, inputs 1-8 are set to AES50 A1-8.
      Still no signal whatsoever from the mic plugged in to port 1 of the snake.

Just to make sure I understood that routing, I tried plugging the mic into the physical input, then selected ln1 as the source, and local 1-8 as the routing and it worked just fine. Is there some other layer of settings that I'm missing?
      • Jan 20
  • New
    rustymusik
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-03-10

I unplugged my Goxlr from all cables to clean the desk. When I tried to turn it back on, it didn't work. what can i do to fix this ?

0 41
    • rustymusik
      WilliamR Hello, Are you using the correct power supply? Specifically the DC 12 Volt tc helicon power supply? We do get a lot of cases of power supplies getting swapped accidently.
      • Mar 10
  • New
    Alessio6522
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-05

Hello, is possible to use 2 UMC 1820 togher?

to record 16 tracks.....

thank you

0 11
    • Alessio6522
      Alessio6522 Ah...posso scrivere in italiano?
      • May 5
    • Alessio6522
      Alessio6522 Si possono montare in cascata 2 UMC 1820 e vedere nella daw 16 ingressi ? Grazie
      • May 5
    • Alessio6522
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi Alessio6522, Unfortunately, this is not possible even via the ADAT connections.

The ADAT inputs and outputs on the UMC1820 are only tied to the USB port on the UMC1820. It is not possible to route the analog inputs on the UMC1820 to the ADAT outputs, or route the ADAT inputs to the Analog Outputs.

The ADA8200 can be connected to the UMC1820 to add Analog I/O.
      • May 5
  • New
    Dinto
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-10-17

I am looking for an economical but efficient interface preamp. Right now I have a at2020 mic but i am not married to it.  I am using a line6 ux2 interface. but am not getting the gain i need using phantom power.  with a sure sm58 mic it has enough gain but the mic is not what i want to get the sound I want.

I have been thinking the um2, or the berhinger Mic500 usb.   or perhaps just a Berhinger microphone preamp mic 300 or mic 500. it is just for fun so do not want to spend more than i need. but willing to spend what i need for what I want.

Can someone please help me decide what kind of setup I should order?  I would like to know if i put a preamp between the line 6 interface and the Microphone if it is a wise decision ... If a Berhinger Mic500 usb solve all my issues in a single unit?  Getting totally confused. If i am advised to buy a preamp why should I upgrade to the Mic500 and not just get the mic300?

thank you in advance

read more...
    0 1
  • thevoidngi
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-27

Hello,

I've already opened a ticket but wanted to check with community as well. I've just received a brand new UMC 1820 from Thoman. Everything seems to be working fine except that all channels never goes to zero volume even if setting the Gain knob to the minimum. This is audible both on full monitoring as well as in a daw (ableton) when recording.

Even with the gain knob at zero there is a lot of signal coming through. A lot of signal actually (See picture. I have my moog sub phatty on channel 1).

None of my previous and current audio interfaces (even from Behringer) are working like that. Gain knob on 0 is 0 signal passing in

Do I have a faulty unit (and then I shall ask for a replacement from Thomann or a firmware update from Behringer) or this is working as intended (and then I'll send it back to Thomann as this is not an acceptable behaviour at all for an audio interface)?

Thanks and best

Thanks and best

read more...
    0 62
    • thevoidngi
      leah Hello @thevoidngi ,

I will be sending you a response to your email shortly. If you do not see the reply, please check your Spam/Junk folder.

Thanks!
      • October 27, 2020
      • UMC 1820 ISSUE - Gain volume never goes to zero - faulty units?
        thevoidngi Hi Lea. Please look ASAP at the CRM ticket you replied me with. I've purchased another NEW UMC 1820 and it has the EXACT SAME PROBLEM. I cannot believe it. One is a faulty unit, two is your fault. Please follow up. I'm quite pissed of right now as a customer. Lost time and lost money
        • October 29, 2020
    • thevoidngi
      Patov1975 (midas preamp) zero in the gain knob = +16db
      • Apr 3
  • New
    avigroovebass
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-10

Hi, i have been using this umc22 behringer audio interface and i am facing issue with its driver.as i got asio4all driver for this product.is there any dedicated driver for this ?
    as asio4all is totally  a crap !!!

0 178
    • avigroovebass
      Dale_M Hi there, are you using the official asio4all driver as recommended on the product page? https://www.behringer.com/product.html?modelCode=P0AUX go to product library/software and remove any other drivers and replace with this one.
      • February 10, 2021
    • avigroovebass
      avigroovebass yes i am using the same one from the product page
      • February 10, 2021
    • avigroovebass
      avigroovebass hi Dale this is the same i am using but latency issues
      • February 10, 2021
    • avigroovebass
      Dale_M Can you advise if you get the same problem using another PC?
      • February 10, 2021
    • avigroovebass
      avigroovebass is there any dedicated driver for umc22 apart from asio4all
      • February 10, 2021
      • UMC22 audio interface driver issue
        Dale_M No this is the only driver, I would advise trying another computer to see if the problem follows the unit.
        • February 10, 2021
  • New
    RobLI57
    Contributor - Level 1
    2022-08-06

Hi

I live in the USA and use this interface in my studio. However, we are relocating to the Philippines where the power is 220. Will this device auto-sense to work with 220 power or will I need to buy a new Audio Interface?

Thanks!

Rob

read more...
    0 8
    • RobLI57
      Nigel67 Hi RobLI57. It should be an autosensing power supply. You will just need a new mains cable. I would however double check that the power supply is still the original. It will have a label on it and on this should be written Input: 100-240V. Please see picture attached. If it doesn't have this written on it, then the psu may not be the original and you will need to purchase a replacement.
      • Aug 8
  • New
    LedZep69
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-11

I recently registered by Behringer UM2 on the site and received a confirmation email, but I did not receive an activation code for Tracktion.  My original case number for registration was CAS-399992-Q5N0S2.  Please advise. 

0 65
    • LedZep69
      john0121 Hi Richard, sorry about this. I'll take a look at the case now and get you a code sent over.
      • December 10, 2020
    • LedZep69
      Soliwest1 am having same issue here
      • December 11, 2020
    • LedZep69
      Soliwest1 the trackion code has not been sent to me
      • December 11, 2020
      • Did not recieve Tracktion software activation code after registering product
        john0121 Hi Akava, what is the case number from your registration please? I'll have a look for you
        • December 14, 2020
  • New
    Rob24
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-12-31

When i try toinstall the software i get this message of error , somebody can help me?

0 22
    • Rob24
      Paul_Vannatto What interface and OS are you using? That seems to be a really old version of the ASIO drivers. Currently for most products it is 5.1.2.0
      • December 31, 2021
    • Rob24
      Rob24 it is the only version that i can install but after doesn't works I have windows 10
      • Jan 2
    • Rob24
      Paul_Vannatto Without knowing what interface you are using, I can't help further.
      • Jan 2
    • Rob24
      Rob24 UMC202HD
      • Jan 3
    • Rob24
      Paul_Vannatto The latest drivers (5.12.0) are found on the Behringer UMC202HD site in the Product library (Software) on the right side. Here is the link
      https://www.behringer.com/product.html?modelCode=P0BCG
      Drivers 2.29 are meant to be for Windows XP and Vista only, not for Win10.
      • Jan 3
Go to page