Statistics

182,520 members
51,631 posts
  • 2020-09-14
    Hello,
    I just bought an xtouch controller, everything works but the faders do not line up. When starting LogicPro, some go to 0, and others go to -10db (while the software is indeed at 0). Is there a software or a manipulation that allows to calibrate them?
    thank you in advance
    read more...
    0 16
  • 2020-07-06
    I have been using the X-Touch one with ProTools 2019.10 for over a year and it has been flawless... Some report it can be buggy with ProTools but thats not been the issue... I am using a Firewire Apollo Quad 8 which has its own console and everything started when I started up my PC this morning... I am using Windows 10 Version 1809 because Version 1903 & 1909 are causing all kinds of Audio issues but not for all.... I can hit the spacebar on my PC and the X-Touch will follow but the Bars & Beats numbers are jumping 15 at a time... The console for the Apollo is only used during recording not for mixdown so it is not being used... I have chased this all day , even did a system restore on my PC , which is a Sweetwater Creation Station CS-450 top of the line... Thanks for any help????
    read more...
    0 33
  • 2020-09-01

Hello, X-Touch how such a beautiful machine is not an editor? I'm looking for a way to map keys for cubase 10.5 so if you have any ideas i'm okay, because currently i have 73 keys out of 92 working. X-Touch on cubase 10.5 and Windows 10, I am in Mackie Controle USB mode, thank you for your help.

read more...
    0 27
    • Thierry Fournier
      Dave Morrison The X-Touch has no programmability (aside from the different modes). The only place you can change a function is within the DAW. Look at how you can customize controls form within Cubase.
      • Sep 1
    • Thierry Fournier
      Thierry Fournier It's a shame such a beautiful device not to be able to fully exploit it. I also wanted to take the X-touch Extender so I'm afraid it won't work and I can't do anything? And we can find someone to update the sysex for cubase on windows even paying? I programmed the keys with the generic periphery but it's the same with the button that works, no problem but the others don't work, not recognized.
      • Sep 2
      • X-touch
        Dave Morrison The X-Touch works very well with some software. Logic Pro X can use every button on the X-Touch and all the modifier keys. Cubase still has good support. Have you looked as custom shortcut keys within Cubase to. provide additional functionality?
        I also have and extender. It works well with Logic and is nearly useless when controlling my X32 mixer.
        • Sep 2
      • X-touch
        Thierry Fournier Yes I tried a manual manipulation in generic perephiric, but the key which does not work, it answers unknown. moreover when I do this the button does not light up anymore. I have no x32 unfortunately lack of space. That's why I would like to know if the extender will work.
        • Sep 2
    • Thierry Fournier
      Thierry Fournier Sorry for my English, I take google translate because I speak French
      • Sep 2
    • Thierry Fournier
      Thierry Fournier Shéma graphique
      • Sep 2
    • Thierry Fournier
      Dave Morrison There are forum members who make vinyl overlays for the X-Touch so that the button label will match the button function. A search for "x-touch overlay" will reveal several good results.
      • Sep 2
      • X-touch
        Thierry Fournier Yes cool but the buttons that don't work will be useless. I tested on Studio One so other buttons work and no other lol. I wonder if this is not from Cubase. So I deduce that it must be possible to improve it.
        • ·
        • Sep 2
  • 2020-06-22
    I have recently bought an X touch which I'm using to control Logic Pro x via USB, this works very well. I have been trying to connect it to my XR18 via ethernet. I can connect it directly though it usually takes a few attempts to get it to connect but if I try to route it through a network switch so I can run X Air Edit at the same time using the same settings it will not connect. All ethernet cables have been tested, firmware is up to date and I have tried this with a switch and with a router both with no success. I am able to connect it using 2 midi cables. Any suggestions would be appreciated
    read more...
    0 18
    • Glen Massam
      Rex Beckett What settings are you using for the XR18 Setup -> LAN? Does your network switch have a DHCP Server function?
      • Jun 22
    • Glen Massam
      Glen Massam Hi, XR18 is set to DHCP server, I have tried this with both a router with DHCP Server function and with just a switch that doesn't, X Air edit on MacBook pro connects with either option.
      • Jun 22
    • Glen Massam
      Rex Beckett Did you set the XTouch to DHCP mode? Does it find the XR18 IP address? Are you running XTouch firmware V1.5 (or later)?
      • Jun 22
    • Glen Massam
      Glen Massam Yes DHCP mode, it displays correct IP for XR18, I updated X touch firmware to V1.5 when I got it.
      • Jun 22
      • X Touch ethernet connection with XR18
        Rex Beckett If it finds the XR18, it sould connect and synchronize to the mixer settings. You could try setting the XTouch to a fixed IP address that is in the same subnet as the XR18. It shouldn't make any difference but...
        • Jun 22
    • Glen Massam
      Nic Jones Hi GM Audio

We actually have a video on our KB channel on setting X-Touch and XR18 (In Wlan mode). What I would recommend is to check out the video and then apply the relative steps (Mainly the X-Touch setup) to your system.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8lh9xggqi4
      • Jun 24
        Glen Massam Thanks but this video is showing WLAN mode, I am trying to connect both X touch and a MacBook running X-Air Edit over LAN with no success. I currently have connected have X-Air Edit Connected successfully over LAN and the X-Touch using Midi cables and this works OK. I just want to get to the bottom of why it won't connect via LAN
        • Jul 1
        Nic Jones The setup Procedure is pretty much the same, except when connecting directly via LAN, you need to take the IP address for the X-Touch from the X-Air Edit application.

If you click setup it should be in the bottom right hand corner.

If you are still having issues then please can you open a technical support ticket by clicking "Support" at the top of the page.
        • Jul 3
  • 2020-08-11

I am currently running the smsl su8 DAC. I have that plugged into my PC via usb. I then have the monitor2usb connected to that via balanced cables to the monitor2usb input 1.

From the monitor2usb, I have my two monitors connected to monitor A. I then have monitor C, the mono channel connected to my subwoofer.

Thing is though, even at max volume, my sub is very low. This is with the DAC maxed out in volume. If I were to plug my sub directly from the DAC, it would be probably be 5-10x louder than it is currently through the monitor2usb. 

Any and all help appreciated.

read more...
    0 11
    • Brandon  Pappas
      William Reichling Hello, Which model subwoofer are you using?
      • Aug 11
    • Brandon  Pappas
      Brandon Pappas Acoustic Audio PSW10. I know its not the sub, as I can hook it up directly to the DAC and with the same settings, the volume is 10x louder.
      • Aug 11
    • Brandon  Pappas
      William Reichling Have you tried pressing the -10 dBV +4 dBu button on the back of the Monitor2usb?
      • Aug 11
    • Brandon  Pappas
      Brandon Pappas Yes, but that is only for the 2nd input, that's what the manual says though.
      • Aug 11
    • Brandon  Pappas
      William Reichling Can you create a care ticket from the support tab above and put it to my attention. I'll help you figure this out.
      • Aug 12
  • 2020-09-03

Hey all, 

I am curious as to how many X-Touch Extenders can I cascade together after my X-Touch?

I've seen three done but can you do more (5 or 6 units for example?)

Thoughts??

Cheers!!

M

read more...
    0 4
    • Mario Calcagni
      Nigel Turner Hi Mario. Connecting to the X-Touch via USB, i.e daisy chaining the USbs together, the maximum will be 254 devices as this is the maximum number the protocol allows. Connecting via ethernet using a Hub, is limitless. Hope this answers your question.
      • Sep 3
      • How many X-Touch Extenders can I cascade together?
        Mario Calcagni Hi Nigel, It certainly does! Thanks so much!
        • Sep 3
  • 2020-09-30

I am using my BCF2000 to control audio functions in vMix, and as I was mapping shortcuts, I saw that the push button function of the knobs came up as the same note on two different knobs.  Pushing on the #4 and #5 knobs, each came up as note 36 (vMix recognizes the button pushes as MidiControlChange).  It seems like knob #5 button push should be note 37; is there a way for me to correct this in the BCF itself?

read more...
    0 1
  • 2020-09-17

I use iFCB OS X to control my FCB1010 through Amplitbe 4. I have recently upgraded to Mac OS Catalina 10.15.6 and iFCB OS X no longer works or runs on this OS.

I have looked at the developers website and they are no longer going to upgrade it as they say the FCB1010 is an old product (even though I have recently bought one brand new).

Is there any other software contrller I could use to control the FCB and through Amplitube 4?

read more...
    0 2
  • 2020-09-17

I use iFCB OS X to control my FCB1010 through Amplitbe 4. I have recently upgraded to Mac OS Catalina 10.15.6 and iFCB OS X no longer works or runs on this OS.

I have looked at the developers website and they are no longer going to upgrade it as they say the FCB1010 is an old product (even though I have recently bought one brand new).

Is there any other software contrller I could use to control the FCB and through Amplitube 4?

read more...
    0 1
  • 2020-09-17

read more...
    0 4
    • Geoffrey Packman
      David Knighton Hello geoffpackman,
      I would reckon that the iFCB software is a 32 bit application. With the release of Catalina also came the demise of support for 32 bit applications. This has caused many developers to throw in the towel on their product. I do not see any software available from Music Tribe, however I did stumble upon a website called https://mountainutilities.eu/fcb1010 and they say their version of the software FCB1010 Manager 2.2.0 for macOS is 64 bit and compatible with Catalina right on the first line. To my knowledge, this software is not endorsed by Music Tribe, so download at your own risk. Do some research on the topic and see if this download is worth it.
      • Sep 17
    • Geoffrey Packman
      Nigel Turner Have you tried joining the FCB1010 Users Group and asking what everyone there uses to control their unit?
      https://fcb1010.groups.io/g/main
      • Sep 17
Go to page