Statistics

249,736 members
126,799 posts
  • New
    Djs58
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-27

Hello I wonder if you can help. I have a brand new x-Touch and am having very intermittent success getting the item to connect properly in Logic. Sometimes it works, sometimes it just has a blank screens, sometimes half the controls work, the rest don't. I've just updated to 1.21 and now it doesn't work at all. I can see it connected in Control/Setup (as Mackie Control) and the yellow ! goes as it sees the machine but no faders react, screens stay blank. Please help! Thanks

read more...
    0 72
  • romainr
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-14
    Hello,
    I just bought an xtouch controller, everything works but the faders do not line up. When starting LogicPro, some go to 0, and others go to -10db (while the software is indeed at 0). Is there a software or a manipulation that allows to calibrate them?
    thank you in advance
    read more...
    0 411
  • New
    BEMills
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-13

I'm trying to build a custom fader bank on the X-touch. I can put one together by selecting the "user" button on the far right side of the unit and then highlighting tracks on my DAW, but how do I save that setting?

0 72
  • uselessoldman
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-11

Hi folks, since the so called virus pandemic started I have taking on the task of upgrading my studio. Finally and the last item to replace is my old trusted Yamaha 01x digital mixer/audio interface. I had upgraded my audio interface options with a Sapphire Liquid 56 some years ago but still used the 01x as a control surface and use the audio interface when 48kHz is adequate which to be honest is most of the time since I added the ADA8200 to the Liquid and that reduces the sample rate to 48kHz as default anyway when switched on.

SO my question is simple, my 01x has lasted me 15 years since I bought it new when it first came out. What has your experience been using the x32, reliability and integration with Windows 10 and the Studio One DAW software?I was somewhat surprised that the search engine come up with ZERO reference to the X32 using Windows 10 or Studio One? also a bit worrying

read more...
    0 83
    • uselessoldman
      DavidKnighton Hello stewart hannah,
      I can't speak to having any experience using Studio One and X32, but you may want to check the Presonus forums, as they have some existing threads on the topic. Music Tribe community threads are still very young.

https://forums.presonus.com
      • October 13, 2020
  • New
    lynnmonk
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-22

I've been looking for something to replace my DAW transport remote since it was made obsolete by a Mac OS update a few years ago. I've just come across the Behringer X-TOUCH MINI Midi Controller and it looks like a good candidate for the job, but my problem is this...

My live room where I want to use the remote is separated from my control room by a sealed soundproof "Room within a room" structure. I already tried the Logic Remote using a borrowed iPad and the wi-fi signal is too weak to run it successfully. Not only that, since it is Apple's fault that my old remote no longer works, there is no way I'm gonna fork out £hundreds for an iPad!

Whilst the
    Behringer X-TOUCH MINI Midi Controller appears to have more than enough functions for my needs, Amazon have told me that it will only work on USB2. My problem is that I have one USB connection sealed into the wall, but it is a 10metre standard cable, so it doesn't work. They didn't warn me of the length issue when they installed it. The only other way I have to get the signal to my DAW is to use USB to Ethernet converters and use my ethernet link that is also sealed into the live room.

So I need to know whether the controller will work with either...
    A> Some USB booster plugs on either end of the USB cable, or
    B> Using the ethernet link with USB adaptors on both ends.

Any ideas?

read more...
    0 51
  • New
    walentum2005
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-17

I have a dcx2496 speaker management, but I didn't know how to set it up. Please help

0 73
    • walentum2005
      NicJonesMT Hi Walentum.
      What I would recommend is to have a look through the User Manual and try to achieve your desired outcome. You can find it in the Document Section of the product page.

https://www.behringer.com/product.html?modelCode=P0B6H

If you are still having issues then please Click support at the top of the page and confirm exactly what you are trying to achieve and what devices you are using.
      • May 18
  • Jjude
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-06
    I have been using the X-Touch one with ProTools 2019.10 for over a year and it has been flawless... Some report it can be buggy with ProTools but thats not been the issue... I am using a Firewire Apollo Quad 8 which has its own console and everything started when I started up my PC this morning... I am using Windows 10 Version 1809 because Version 1903 & 1909 are causing all kinds of Audio issues but not for all.... I can hit the spacebar on my PC and the X-Touch will follow but the Bars & Beats numbers are jumping 15 at a time... The console for the Apollo is only used during recording not for mixdown so it is not being used... I have chased this all day , even did a system restore on my PC , which is a Sweetwater Creation Station CS-450 top of the line... Thanks for any help????
    read more...
    0 82
  • Thierry91
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-01

Hello, X-Touch how such a beautiful machine is not an editor? I'm looking for a way to map keys for cubase 10.5 so if you have any ideas i'm okay, because currently i have 73 keys out of 92 working. X-Touch on cubase 10.5 and Windows 10, I am in Mackie Controle USB mode, thank you for your help.

read more...
    0 180
    • Thierry91
      DaveMorrison The X-Touch has no programmability (aside from the different modes). The only place you can change a function is within the DAW. Look at how you can customize controls form within Cubase.
      • September 1, 2020
    • Thierry91
      Thierry91 It's a shame such a beautiful device not to be able to fully exploit it. I also wanted to take the X-touch Extender so I'm afraid it won't work and I can't do anything? And we can find someone to update the sysex for cubase on windows even paying? I programmed the keys with the generic periphery but it's the same with the button that works, no problem but the others don't work, not recognized.
      • September 2, 2020
      • X-touch
        DaveMorrison The X-Touch works very well with some software. Logic Pro X can use every button on the X-Touch and all the modifier keys. Cubase still has good support. Have you looked as custom shortcut keys within Cubase to. provide additional functionality?
        I also have and extender. It works well with Logic and is nearly useless when controlling my X32 mixer.
        • September 2, 2020
      • X-touch
        Thierry91 Yes I tried a manual manipulation in generic perephiric, but the key which does not work, it answers unknown. moreover when I do this the button does not light up anymore. I have no x32 unfortunately lack of space. That's why I would like to know if the extender will work.
        • September 2, 2020
    • Thierry91
      Thierry91 Sorry for my English, I take google translate because I speak French
      • September 2, 2020
    • Thierry91
      Thierry91 Shéma graphique
      • September 2, 2020
    • Thierry91
      DaveMorrison There are forum members who make vinyl overlays for the X-Touch so that the button label will match the button function. A search for "x-touch overlay" will reveal several good results.
      • September 2, 2020
      • X-touch
        Thierry91 Yes cool but the buttons that don't work will be useless. I tested on Studio One so other buttons work and no other lol. I wonder if this is not from Cubase. So I deduce that it must be possible to improve it.
        • ·
        • September 2, 2020
  • New
    jeremycables
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-16

I have a X Touch and the Ethernet Port is not working to be able to connect to our XR18. I updated it to the newest firmware after we discovered that it wasn't working. The activity light blinks on for a brief second after plugging in a cable and then immediately turns back off.

Any ideas?

read more...
    0 53
    • jeremycables
      DavidKnighton Hello jeremycables,
      Please click on the SUPPORT tab and enter a TECH SUPPORT ticket into our system. This item may require service.
      • Apr 17
      • X Touch Ethernet not Working
        jeremycables I have done that. Waiting on a response.
        • Apr 19
  • New
    Manofc
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-27

Greetings, Just getting started with my X touch Compact. I plug it into my new PC laptop ... My computer sees it but X touch editor doesnt?

Carl

0 92
    • Manofc
      PedroRodrigues Hi Manofc regarding setting up your unit please be aware that X-TOUCH COMPACT has 16 endless encoder, searches have a detent and push function (not illuminated), and a13-segment amber L E D ring. The top row of 8 knobs are typically used in Digital Audio Workstation (DAW)applications for fine control of parameters such as level or pan control of channel s 1to 8, and the 8-knob son the right can be used for individual level and EQ adjustments.
      Select buttons – these 3 x 8 buttons are typically used for DAW mixer channel applications such as solo or mute of channel s 1to 8 .
      Faders – these touch-sensitive motorized 100 mm faders are typically used for fine control of level functions in DAW applications. There are 8 channel faders and 1 master on the right. The faders can also be used for draw bar control of virtual organs. For this use, the value range can be inverted in the X - TOUCH editor software (min = 12 7, max = 0). Typical drawbar organ printing (16’, 5 1 ⁄3’, 8,etc.) can be found next to the fader numbers (1,2,3..).
      Select buttons – these 9 buttons are typically used for lighting applications (spot light on/off),and sample triggering (notes on/off).
      MC button – this select button can also be used to switch the unit between Mackie Control mode and standard mode. See the “Getting Started” section for more details.
      Select buttons – these 6 buttons are typically used for DAW transport applications (e.g. p lay, rec, stop). They can also be reconfigured using the X - TOUCH editor software.
      Layer A and B buttons – these 2buttons allow se lection between preset layer A (mixer control) and B (instrument control), in standard mode. In MC mode, there are different assignments. Presets can be saved or loaded to and from the computer using the X-TOUCH editor software.
      LED section – these L EDs show the status of the X - TOUCH COMPAC T : INTERFACE USB – lit when the unit is connected correctly to the USB port of a live computer MIDI IN – lit when MIDI data is received MIDI OUT – lit when MIDI data is sent out FOOTSW – lit when the foot switch is in operation FOOT EXP – lit when the expression pedal is in operation MODE MC – lit when the unit is in Mackie Control mode
      USB HUB – these 2 USB type A connectors are used for connecting external USB hardware such as a USB mouse, a keyboard, USB MIDI controllers such as the X - TOUCH M I N I, and USB M I DI keyboards. The Hub communicates directly to the computer and not to the X - TOUCH COMPACT. Each connector can supply 5V USB power. The hub is only active when the X - TOUCH COMPACT is powered on, and in USB mode, connected to a live computer via the USB MIDI connector.
      USB MIDI – this USB type B connector is used to connect to a computer’s USB port for MIDI data transfer (send/receive), and USB Hub communications. The X - TOUCH COMPACT will operate in USB mode when connected to a live computer via the supplied USB cord. I t can also operate in stand-a lone mode with no USB connection

MIDI OUT – this 5-pin DIN connector sends MIDI data to external MIDI devices. In USB mode, the X - TOUCH COMPACT only sends MIDI data received directly from the host computer. In stand-a lone mode, it sends M I DI data from the X - TOUCH COMPAC T, merged with any MIDI IN signals.
      MIDI IN – this5-pin DIN connector receives MIDI data from external M I DI devices. In USB mode, the X - TOUCH COMPACT routes any incoming MIDI data only to the host computer. In stand-a lone mode, it routes it to the MIDI OUT connector (thru data) and sends it to the X - TOUCH COMPACT (parameter feedback).
      Foot Control Expression Pedal – this ¼ " connector is used for a standard swell pedal for continuous MIDI data control. The editor software allows control over the MIDI data assignment and control behavior.
      Foot Control Foot Switch – this ¼ " connector is used for a standard sustain pedal for momentary or toggle MIDI data control. The editor software allows control over the MIDI data assignment, switch behaviour and polarity.
      The X-TOUCH COMPACT is a very useful helper to expand software DAW/instrument control with 39 handy illuminated buttons,16 rotary push-encoders, and 9 touch-sensitive motorized 100 mm faders. It can also be used as a stand-alone trigger controller for mobile/ live performance. It has predefined standard MIDI assignments in 2 selectable preset layers: A (mixer control) and B (instrument control),and an MC(Mackie Control) mode. Editing (if required) can be done using the free X-TOUCH editor software. Alternatively, your DAW or soft instrument can “learn” the assigned X-TOUCH COMPACT functions.
      The X-TOUCH COMPACT is a USB Class Compliant MIDI device, and so no driver installation is required. This application is the only way that the MIDI functions of the unit can be edited, and the firmware updated.
      To switch between standard operating mode and MC (Mackie Control) mode, press and hold down the MC button in the bottom left corner, and then turn on the unit’s power switch.
      Keep holding down the MC button until the MC MODE LED lights continuously to show that the unit is in MC mode. The unit will stay in the current mode even when the unit is turned on or off. Repeat this procedure to change back to standard mode, only this time, make sure the MC MODE LED turns off instead.
      The X-TOUCH COMPACT will detect if a computer is connected to the USB MIDI socket: If it is, then USB Mode is active. If not, then it will automatically switch to Stand Alone Mode.
      For more information on how to set up this unit please follow the link below
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFFLc9d-AH0

Thank you
      • Jan 28
Go to page