Statistics

268,990 members
148,646 posts
  • New
    mattkuto
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-06

I recently purchased an X-Touch. It is on backorder and has not shipped yet. I had heard that the X-Touch does not work with the new Mac M1 Silicon computers. Does anyone know if it does or doesn't work? I will cancel my order and wait if it's not supported yet. If it makes a difference I use Logic in Rosetta mode. I had heard that there was a firmware update but don't know where to find it or how to install it. Any help is appreciated, thank you.

read more...
    0 77
    • mattkuto
      PedroRodrigues Hi mattkuto,please consider that new Macs with Apple M1 (ARM-based) processors are not yet officially supported. Audio or control issues with M1 are purely Apple‘s domain or DAW related, as our devices are class compliant and do not need drivers under Mac OS. Thank you
      • January 21, 2021
      • Behringer X-Touch
        mattkuto Pedro, thank you for your reply. I actually have since received the X-Touch and am pleased to say that if you install the latest firmware update, it works fine!
        • ·
        • January 21, 2021
  • yamayama
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-24

Can X touch operate some control numbers at the same time?

For example expression(cc11), volume(cc7), breathe(cc2).

0 85
    • yamayama
      DavidKnighton Hello Hajime Yamamoto,
      I know Logic has a midi map feature, where you can literally map any digital parameter to a control in Logic. I do not know if you can map the controller if it's already being used as a HUI control device, because you would end up with some overlapping controls.
      • September 24, 2020
  • New
    IanDWynn
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-06-30

Hey all new to the forum, ive been using my BCF2000 with a 32bit windows 7-8 in mackie control mode with FL Studio20. Motor faders worked and everything was sweet.

Ive now built a brand new 64bit win10 pc and cant get anything to work with it under any emulation mode. I get the dreaded there is not enough memory for this task.
    Here is what ive tried already:

Ive updated the firmware to v1.10
    Using the 64bit driver thats available on the behringer website
    Ive cleared (in device manager) all old instances of the driver that were hidden wiith the hope that it was a USB addressing issue.
    Fresh install of windows same issue
    Tested with midi-ox and get the same error
    Does not connect to BCF View or BC Manager

I feel like this is solely a USB issue over an issue with the BCF2000 itself

Can anyone shed some light?

read more...
    0 90
  • New
    joosties
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-06-30

Really guy's? no edit software for Mac?, only windows? come on,.... what market are you aiming for....

0 71
  • Seta666
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-07-02
    Hello, I am using X-Touch with FW1.15 in Ableton live Suite 10, most of the time it works just fine, however there is some buggy behaviour. 1- Sometimes when I create a new track between tracks (Eg New track between Track 1 and 2) X-touch messes up, it is like it does not update the info correctly. For example new track would become track 2 and old track 2 would become track 3 but the controller still identifies new track 2 as old track 2. Saving and closing the project and reopening fixes this behaviour 2- Also sometime yo try to arm a track but the button does not light up (you can see it light up in ableton), deleting the track and undoing fixes this Anyone getting same behaviour?
    read more...
    0 70
  • New
    shibiwan
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-17

Just got my new X-touch. Plugged it in and powered up, but nothing happens (only the jog dial lights up its white ring). Any suggestions to try?

Hoping I can fix it with something simple (factory reset maybe?) before I return it to Amazon.

Thanks

-S

read more...
    0 74
    • shibiwan
      Nigel67 Hi shibiwan, please can you try upgrading the unit following the video link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4ZKXVXQP8g. If that doesn't work and the unit is under 30 days old then contact Amazon and request a doa replacement.
      • July 17, 2021
      • New X-Touch not working?
        shibiwan No luck. The display doesn't even light up when I try the upgrade process.

Back to Amazon it goes...
        • ·
        • July 17, 2021
      • New X-Touch not working?
        Maax555 Did you return and get a replacement, what are your thoughts?
        • August 10, 2021
  • Piprofessionalaudio
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-07

Hi. Is there any way to setup the Function keys of the Behringer x-touch to control some of the commands of the Protools? Any hope of future updates that will include Eucon protocol or more funtionality of this control surface with Protools?

1 152
    • Piprofessionalaudio
      PedroRodrigues Hi Alfonso , to set up fnction keys on the X-touch to be used on Pro tools you will have to do the following: First, you will need to set up the X-Touch in HUI mode.
      1. Power off the X-touch.
      2. Press and hold the Select button on channel 1.
      3. With the Select button held down, turn the X-Touch on. Wait for the X-touch to power up before releasing the Select button.
      4. Turn the knob on channel 1 to select HUI (default) or Mackie Control.
      5. Turn the knob on channel 2 to select the connection type: USB or MIDI.
      6. Press the Select button for channel 1 and power cycle the X-Touch.

Next, open the Setup menu in Pro Tools and choose Peripherals. Set it up according to the picture below
      • October 8, 2020
  • New
    derschulz20
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-14

dear knowing folks! i bought an m1 Mac Mini in February 2021 and did some tracking with Reaper and X-Touch - no issues: all LEDs were working, scribble strips showing track names, faders operated as expected. 

October 2021: no LEDs anymore, no track names and faders on 0 or moving to 0!!!! But still working on as they should on an old Win Laptop 

On the Behringer product page there is a firmware 1.21, so i tried to update - not with the M1 but with my older Lenovo Win10 Laptop unfortunately no success: the x-touch display read "1.21    1.04", but nothing works and the encoder LEDs showing "full left"

Is 1.21 really the latest firmware? 

I don´t know why it was working before and i don´t have a clue how to make it working again!

read more...
    0 44
    • derschulz20
      PedroRodrigues Hi derschulz20, thank you for your post please consider that the latest firmware for the X-TOUCH is in fact 1.21.
      The process to update is the following:
      Please follow the link below to download the latest firmware for your unit.

https://www.behringer.com/behringer/product?modelCode=P0B1X

Windows users can use SendSX for sending the update file to the controller.

Steps to update the firmware:
      Keep DISPLAY button pressed during power-on
      Connect X-TOUCH to computer via USB
      Use any MIDI SysEx dumper to send the update file (.syx), don't send faster than standard MIDI rate.

-SendSX or MIDI-OX on Windows recommended

-Snoize SysEx Librarian on OSX recommended

Cycle power after the dump has been sent

Confirm the firmware version by holding down the DISPLAY button during power on and you are ready to proceed with the connection process of your preferred mixer.
      Concerning the issue you have reported on your M1 Mac I would advise you to contact Apple directly as the new architecture released on the M1 may create issues on units developed for the Intel Chip architecture that is no longer used and any information on this matter is exclusive provided by Apple. Thank you
      • October 15, 2021
      • X-touch firmware
        derschulz20

@PedroRodrigues: thank you, unfortunately idid what U told me before and I did it again

• October 15, 2021
    • derschulz20
      derschulz20 but no success!
      • October 15, 2021
    • derschulz20
      derschulz20 I tried to update exakt as Pedro described, used a Win PC an a M1 Mac Mini, tried different USB cabel on different USB ports with different software and different transmission speeds -> the above picture is what i get. Looks like my unit is not able to run firmware 1.21! At least it is possible to step back to 1.15.
      • October 15, 2021
      • X-touch firmware
        derschulz20 and: Apple doesn´t care about my and other X-Touchs not working on M1 architecture! Their machine is up and running, it is the X-Touch which is not working as it could.
        • ·
        • October 15, 2021
      • X-touch firmware
        PedroRodrigues Hi derschulz20, thank you for your reply, in that case we will require to look in to this in more detail, please follow the link below and submit an assistance request directly with our Tech Support Team so we can assist you with more tools. https://community.musictribe.com/pages/create-new-ticket?type=Technical%20Support&brand=Behringer Thank you
        • October 16, 2021
  • New
    DanKurruptBrant
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-09

Hello I'm having a problem with my x touch controller it won't power on . I was working with it in logic x as I always do and it just died , won't power on at all . I've tried in different plugs to see if it was a fault with a socket but it's the controller itself that's died . I've tried contacting support twice but am not getting a response . It's only 11 months old 

read more...
    0 75
    • DanKurruptBrant
      leah Hello Dan,

I've located your cases and will be responding to you directly.

Thanks!
      • November 9, 2020
    • DanKurruptBrant
      DanKurruptBrant Thank you look forward to your reply
      • November 9, 2020
  • DrewQ
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-08

Hi all,

I reckon X-Touch Extender is amazing as a standalone DAW controller product - with clear, fast VUs and track displays, responsive buttons and clear LEDs. Nothing in the physical design I would even suggest could be improved - certainly not for its price.

But.. how disappointing that the background colour aspect of track name display (such a stand-out aspect of product photos) was restricted to XCtrl protocol and seemingly can't be addressed in HUI or MCU modes.

I know neither of those protocols officially use colour for track name displays, but couldn't a MIDI message as an extension provide a way to set the colours when in MCU or HUI modes?

It seems "hobbled" as it is, to not be able to use a distinctive feature in those modes.

Could it be added with firmware update? (Actually.. how does one update the firmware without an X-Touch main unit present? :D )

read more...
    1 102
    • DrewQ
      DaveMorrison Your assessment is correct in my opinion. You can send color via MIDI messages. Here is a link that Will O"Brian send me some time ago for a utility that might help. It's a python script. It thought this was the utility that also had the color documentation, but that might not be the case. The information is out there somewhere. I suppose you could capture the MIDI stream when it's in XCtl mode also.
      "(Actually.. how does one update the firmware without an X-Touch main unit present? :D )". Are you asking about the Extender?
      • October 7, 2020
      • X-Touch (+ Extender) track display colour support
        DaveMorrison FIRMWARE UPDATE
        To show the current firmware version, hold down the channel 1 REC button while you turn on the power switch.
        Check our website’s X-TOUCH EXTENDER product page for any firmware updates. If there is a firmware version later than the currently-loaded firmware, download the new file onto your host computer.
        To enter the firmware update mode, hold down the channel 8 REC button while you turn on the power switch. The REC button will blink during update mode. The new firmware can be dumped via USB. Follow the instructions in the firmware file.
        • ·
        • October 16, 2020
Go to page