Statistics

260,765 members
139,394 posts
  • New
    JDLX
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-29

Hi ! hI! I am an owner of the DAW Presonus Studio One 5.4 I would like to ask something about Behringer X touch one. Many users on the internet say that when you select a track from the x touch one , the track is not selected on the mixer of Studio One. Is this problem fixed with the latest firmware update(1.8) ( I have not bought x touch  one yet)

read more...
    0 17
  • New
    EmotiveSigns
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-30

Hi

I've recently got an X-touch which i'm loving. This maybe my misunderstanding but I'm assuming the modify buttons work the same as the keys on the keyboard. However when I press and hold the option key, and click on a track I would assume it would allow me to drag and copy that section to another track. However it seems only to grag and move instead. I've played about with all the buttons and they don't seem to behaviour in that way. 

Should I be able to use these buttons instead of the keys on the keyboard. If so what am I doing wrong?

Any help would be gratefully appreciated,

Thanks in advance,

Charles

read more...
    0 58
  • New
    EmotiveSigns
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-30

Hi - 

I have been using logic pro for years. For musical input I use a MK-425C keyboard which has worked perfectly. Recently I bought a x-touch and since adding that when I press a key on the keyboard strange behaviour occurs, such as it triggers a different layout, rather than playing the notes. 

Can anyone help explain this problem and possibly help me fix it?

Thanks in advance,

Charles

read more...
    0 63
    • EmotiveSigns
      NicJonesMT Hi Charles. Ideally it would be easier to help if I could see how you have both devices setup and configured in Logic.
      Could you please submit a tech support ticket (Click support above) and provide some screen shots of your setup?
      • Mar 30
  • New
    JusRoc1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-13

Hello 

just a quick help link for anyone who gets puzzled when plugging in a controller like the x touch. into cubase and then has the controller's faders trigger midi note on information when a virtual instrument is selected to monitor (by illuminating the little speaker icon next to the rec button under a virtual instruments name)

anyway cubase has this cool feature that allows multi-midi / multi audio instrument simultaneous record cubase's preferences is automatically sent to allow midi thru 

if you have a control surface connected however, you will have to make sure that each midi instrument's midi-input is set to a particular midi input device which is not the hardware DAW controller

otherwise your DAW controller will also send note on / off messages to the virtual instruments that are all set to midi input to all midi inputs (as the DAW also is capable of sending midi data).

If you leave the virtual instrument's input to All midi, and then go to record a midi track say from a midi piano like controller, if you or someone else touch's the x touch faders at the same time, you will get lots of unwanted midi note on / off messages on top of your awesome midi keyboard performance ... which would suck

I also have a problem with the x touch's faders sometimes not working, and i am not entirely sure what that is. but hey ho. i guess i have only had the controller for a few days. 

so.....well see..... at least i am not at the stage of sending it back or smashing it up, through frustration.... any one has any ideas as to why the controller's faders don't work during these times. would be interested in listening to your opinion / help.

thanks

read more...
    0 13
    • JusRoc1
      PedroRodrigues Hi JusRoc1 if you wish to gather more information on the implementation of your unit I would suggest to follow the link below and submit an assistance request directly to your Tech Support Team so we can help you on this matter. https://community.musictribe.com/pages/create-new-ticket?type=Technical%20Support&brand=Behringer Thank you
      • Sep 13
    • JusRoc1
      JusRoc1 thanks Mr Rodrigues, I think i will do this, as the x touch i have is still not "plug and playing".... doh!!....
      • Sep 15
    • JusRoc1
      JusRoc1

Hey. After a little experimenting, I realised that the reason why the x-touch sometimes did not work with cubase, is because i had booted up cubase too soon after the pc booting up, before the software that runs the audio card that i have (which is UAD) had time to load up. This for some reason caused problems with cubase seeing x touch. Now when i boot up, i leave the pc for a few mins so that UAD console and driver can boot up, before turning x touch on and then booting up cubase. This solves the issue with the x touch! yippee! no need to send back. Just wish they had provided a decent manual like in the old days....

• Sep 19
    • JusRoc1
      JusRoc1

Hey. After a little experimenting, I realised that the reason why the x-touch sometimes did not work with cubase, is because i had booted up cubase too soon after the pc booting up, before the software that runs the audio card that i have (which is UAD) had time to load up. This for some reason caused problems with cubase seeing x touch. Now when i boot up, i leave the pc for a few mins so that UAD console and driver can boot up, before turning x touch on and then booting up cubase. This solves the issue with the x touch! yippee! no need to send back. Just wish they had provided a decent manual like in the old days....

• Sep 19
      • Using X Touch with Cubase 11
        JusRoc1 Sorry to return with bad news. However, the original X touch I brought never worked properly. So I ended up having to send it back to the retailer and the retailer sent out a replacement. The replacement worked for 1 day and then malfunctioned. I do not know if this is a Behringer X touch problem or people breaking into my house and sabotaging my tech (as this has happened before due to local music event promoters being w...kers.)
        • Wed at 4:59 PM
      • Using X Touch with Cubase 11
        JusRoc1 I am now thinking of returning the replacement x touch, which is really sickening and time wasting!!!
        • Wed at 5:00 PM
  • New
    aronwilson
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-26

Hi,

I have an x touch that I can't get to connect with a new Macbook Pro (M1 chip, Big Sur)  I have tried to update the firmware from 1.15 to 1.21 but SysEx librarian won't send the firmware to the X touch and it also did not work on a PC using Bome SendSX.  Do you know how I might update the firmware.

Or maybe the X touch can't be used with the new M1 chip?

read more...
    1 185
    • aronwilson
      PedroRodrigues Hi aronwilson Please consider that new Macs with Apple M1 (ARM-based) processors are not yet officially supported. Audio issues with m1 are purely Apple‘s domain or can also be DAW related, as our devices are class compliant and do not need drivers under Mac OS. Thank you
      • Jan 25
    • aronwilson
      Callaman Hi . I updated my X Touch and SysEx directly on my MacMini M1 and everything seems to work perfectly except one thing. When I touch a fader the lcd reacts and works but it will not select the track just by touching the fader as it did before. Before , just by touching faders it selected the track on the x touch and daw also . Now I have to press the select Botton . Not a big issue but slows down the workflow just a little. Hope my English is comprehencible . Thanx
      • Jan 28
    • aronwilson
      aronwilson Update: I was able to follow the solution presented here: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252207923
      • Jan 28
  • New
    LittleBearNoise
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2021-04-14

Hi, I have a couple of questions, I use Cubase Pro 10.5 and the full version of XTouch:

1. Does the Xtouch editor work with XTouch or only X-touch One / compact etc? 

2. How do I activate the use of the footswitch (1/4") to punch in/out? In other responses it has been noted that other units (one / compact) need to be placed into midi mode in order to work. This would remove the normal cubase compatibility functions under the MC protocol which I wish to retain. 

3. When selecting a bank of 8 channels which are not displayed on-screen (if there are a large number of channels) using the fader bank function on the XTouch, the screen in Cubase does not follow the selection of the next bank without pressing the select button for the last channel in the new bank of 8. When it is pressed the next bank of 8 channels come in to view. Is there a way to edit the function of the XTouch so that the view in Cubase follows the selection of the new bank on the XTouch?

4. When scrolling through the plug in list using the rotary encoder (plug-in button selected) the list jumps through plug-ins in groups of 4 or 5, this means that many plugins are not selectable from the XTouch plug in settings. Is there a way to make the encoder scroll through the plugins one by one?

5. The Xtouch One has overlay templates showing the different button assignments for different DAWs is this available for the XTouch?

Kind regards

read more...
    0 65
    • LittleBearNoise
      DaveMorrison For Questions 1-4: The X-Touch is not programmable. It's a clone of a Mackie Control (plus a mode to connect to X/M mixers). The buttons and controls have fixed MIDI note/controller assignments and can't be changed. The DAW, in your cases Cubase, has to act on the information that it receives (and also sends). Everything is controlled/configured by Cubase. You'll probably have better luck by going to the Cubase forum and search for MCU.
      Question 5. Yes, templates have been made by third party suppliers. There are links to them somewhere in the bowels of this forum. I haven't had any luck searching for them (it's one of the many problems with this forum/site/disaster area ; ) ).
      • Apr 14
  • New
    CharlieCee
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-06-19

I'd like to use the fader to control expression within Cubase or Reaper but can't seem to see how to do this. Is it even possible?

Thanks

0 53
    • CharlieCee
      NicJonesMT Hi CharlieCee.
      The XT1 uses the MCU protocol and automatically Maps to your Chosen DAW.
      The best thing I can recommend would be to see if there is a MIDI Learn function that you can use to try and remap how the XT works.
      I would recommend getting in touch with the Reaper or Cubase support team and they should be able to assist you further.
      • Jun 19
    • CharlieCee
      CharlieCee

Thanks for your reply, I'll look into that. Take Care.

• Jun 19
    • CharlieCee
      CharlieCee I've spent two days searching for an answer with no luck. However, it does appear that this may not be possible.
      • Jun 21
      • Behringer X-Touch One for expression control?
        Maax555 Cubase has an excellent generic remote option, however despite this working with every single controller i have ever owned it will not function with X Touch. This is a real problem as generic remote has vast possibilities.
        • Aug 10
  • vincenttessier
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-24

Hello all,

I just received my brand new Berhinger X Touch One, that I will use with my macbook pro and Cubase 10.5 Elements. I updated the firmware to 1.07 and followed the step to set it up, (clicked on STOP + the knob to select Cubase as a DAW + then in Cubase did the proper set-up, see screen attached) it worked well for 10mn but then i started to have some issues. Basically the controls don't respond when I press them, but when I press play on my keyboard bar space, the controller is responding and I can see the music play, the timer / bars moving, if i click on a track, the fader moves etc but again, not the other way around, when I want to use the controller to change things in Cubase, it doesn't respond.

I am not so sure about the Generic Control section, isn't it redundant woth the Mackie control section?

Also, I changed the USB cable, i'm not using the one that was coming with the controller, I don't think that changes anything as to me a USB cable is a USB cable, right? Or do I have to use the one provided?

Thanks!

read more...
    0 109
Go to page