Statistics

254,566 members
132,267 posts
  • New
    Toinou75011
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-02

Hey ! 

I'm a VJ and I'd like to buy a Behringer X Touch for my lives showq, but I don't know if this product is compatible with Resolume Arena ? 

Does anyone here use this controller for video ? 

Tx ! 

0 10
  • gmaudio
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-06-22
    I have recently bought an X touch which I'm using to control Logic Pro x via USB, this works very well. I have been trying to connect it to my XR18 via ethernet. I can connect it directly though it usually takes a few attempts to get it to connect but if I try to route it through a network switch so I can run X Air Edit at the same time using the same settings it will not connect. All ethernet cables have been tested, firmware is up to date and I have tried this with a switch and with a router both with no success. I am able to connect it using 2 midi cables. Any suggestions would be appreciated
    read more...
    0 207
    • gmaudio
      RexBeckett What settings are you using for the XR18 Setup -> LAN? Does your network switch have a DHCP Server function?
      • June 22, 2020
    • gmaudio
      gmaudio Hi, XR18 is set to DHCP server, I have tried this with both a router with DHCP Server function and with just a switch that doesn't, X Air edit on MacBook pro connects with either option.
      • June 22, 2020
    • gmaudio
      RexBeckett Did you set the XTouch to DHCP mode? Does it find the XR18 IP address? Are you running XTouch firmware V1.5 (or later)?
      • June 22, 2020
    • gmaudio
      gmaudio Yes DHCP mode, it displays correct IP for XR18, I updated X touch firmware to V1.5 when I got it.
      • June 22, 2020
      • X Touch ethernet connection with XR18
        RexBeckett If it finds the XR18, it sould connect and synchronize to the mixer settings. You could try setting the XTouch to a fixed IP address that is in the same subnet as the XR18. It shouldn't make any difference but...
        • June 22, 2020
    • gmaudio
      NicJonesMT Hi GM Audio

We actually have a video on our KB channel on setting X-Touch and XR18 (In Wlan mode). What I would recommend is to check out the video and then apply the relative steps (Mainly the X-Touch setup) to your system.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8lh9xggqi4
      • June 24, 2020
        gmaudio Thanks but this video is showing WLAN mode, I am trying to connect both X touch and a MacBook running X-Air Edit over LAN with no success. I currently have connected have X-Air Edit Connected successfully over LAN and the X-Touch using Midi cables and this works OK. I just want to get to the bottom of why it won't connect via LAN
        • July 1, 2020
        NicJonesMT The setup Procedure is pretty much the same, except when connecting directly via LAN, you need to take the IP address for the X-Touch from the X-Air Edit application.

If you click setup it should be in the bottom right hand corner.

If you are still having issues then please can you open a technical support ticket by clicking "Support" at the top of the page.
        • July 3, 2020
  • New
    RickDrevet
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-23

Does anyone know how to preogram the function buttons using Pro Tools?

0 36
  • New
    cbarnes
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-23

I'm connecting the X-touch Extender to an Akai Force and using it in MIDI mode. Is there anyway that I can change the internal MIDI Recieve parameters? I want to the button light on/off to respond to CC messages instead of Note on/off with Velocity. For example, I want to turn on the button light for the first mute button. Can I change it from responding to Note-On Velocity 127 to CC 1 Value 127? Basically I can't send back the correct message to turn the light; the Midi Learn on the Force only lets me send CC to a MIDI track. Mapping inputs is no problem, but the button lights don't toggle the way you would expect. With some guidance I could update the firmware with https://hexed.it to change the internal params.

read more...
    0 4
    • cbarnes
      DaveMorrison The Extender has no programmability. The assignments are fixed for whichever mode you are in. If the Akai can't send the message the X-touch expects to see, you would need some device in between to translate.
      • Sat at 8:47 PM
  • New
    BenH
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-16

Hi,

Can the X-Touch select which side the X-Touch Extender is on?

It seems by default to cascade to the right.  Can it be switched so that the Extender flows from the left side, so that track 1 is on the Extender, and Track 9 is on the X-Touch, and plug-in parameters flow similarly?

Thanks

Ben

read more...
    0 60
    • BenH
      NicJonesMT Hi Ben.
      It is dependent on how you setup your control surfaces in your DAW.
      So for example if you are using Cubase, you need to set the Extender as the 1st device.

Some DAW's also have a "Channel Offset" Option which you can use aswell, but this is DAW dependent.

What I would recommend is contacting the DAW developer to see if they can assist you with any additional settings.
      • Mar 16
  • New
    Tango24
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-03

Hi,

Ive seen some vids on how to do it with Logic but since i only need to controll my MR-18, I dont have software at this stage. How do I replace the Function buttons with Bus 1,2,3,4 etc?

Thanks

Todd

0 5
  • New
    Maax555
    Contributor - Level 1
    2021-08-10

Second attempt as this message as first one crashed, probably due to the amount of time and words it was taking.

Purchased the X Touch and very dissapointed. Great looking and good feel but implementation very poor. Basic stuff works out of box but that leaves a stack of buttons that dont send the command they are labelled with or just dont work. I fail to understand this as the majority of the buttons on the X touch are found in Cubase. Things like undo, save, cancel, shift, click Etc are all mapped to something totally different and cannot be changed. Other controller I have and have had over the years came with software which would allow remapping of the buttons, X Touch does not. OK i though i will simply remap them in Cubase using the excellent generic remote functon. I have used this on loads of gear in the past with excellent results, not with X Touch. While Cubase will accept button presses and save them, they cant be remapped to send to another command. Never had trouble like this in the past other than my last Behringer purchase, the FCB1010 foot midi controller. Again out of the box this was fairly useless and not until I purchased a third party firmware chip was it really usuable. Oh how I wish some clever person would create a custom firmware for the X Touch. This unit is a few years old but still liiks modern and is still for sale under current items on the Behringer site. Therefore I would love to think they actually cared about customers and would release another firmware to fix everything, perhaps creat templated which we can choose upon setting up?

Failing that a software editor should be available. Its like getting in your car pressing the horn and your wipers come on. 

Ihave seen there is a guy that has created some scripts in PureData to try to work around the many short comings of the X Touch, however its not a simple task to install so I am hoping there is another way to get this to function as it should. They should not be allowed to call it universa. The scribble strips dont change colour unless used with another Behringer product, the cursor buttons dont light, infact there are several buttons that dont light even though the website shows they are lit. 

I am now going to look at the possibility of using Midi software to intercept the data from the X Touch and convert it to the correct data for that particular function Etc.

If anyone has Cubase and has this workiing better than it did out of the box I would really appreciate some advice otherwise it will be sold and will be the last Behringer purchase I ever make.

read more...
    0 32
  • New
    Izio72
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-14

Salve,please have you keep spare parts for Behringer BCR2000?

This is the potentiometer with switch of the Bcr 2000. I am attaching pictures. If you also have a knob, you can add it to your purchase. I think the pot is 19/20Kohm, diameter 6mm and height 25mm: But surely you will have a pattern with part serial number.

Thanks

Fabrizio Danieli

read more...
    0 88
    • Izio72
      Nigel67 Hi Fabrizio, for spare parts, please go to the support tab at the top of the page, scroll down to the bottom of the new page that opens and submit a spares ticket via the spares tab. A colleague will then be able to get back to you with pricing and availability. Many thanks
      • December 14, 2020
      • Spare parts Bcr2000
        Izio72 Done, very thanks!
        • ·
        • December 15, 2020
  • New
    Scomed99
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-19

Hi,

xtouch with last fw (1.21) hooked up with x32 rack (last fw).

Xtouch in xtcl mode and static ip.

Connection works fine but.....there's some ways to change Scenes fron xtouch??

Is it possible to know real value of volume fader channel? (-80 to +10)

Is it possible to have a DCA group in the first bank fader?

As default xtouch is unusable in my opinion!!

I wrong something or this item is not good as I hope?

Thanks

read more...
    0 60
  • New
    LittleSharkStudios
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-02

Hello,

I've got an X-Touch and an X-Touch Extender both in HUI mode.

When I push the "PAN/SURROUND" button on the X-Touch, pans for stereo tracks of the X-Touch change their side (left to right or right to left) but NOT on the Extender! Everything else is getting the right commands (like when I solo a track on the X-Touch the other tracks go muted on the X-Touch and on the Extender as well, same for "FADER BANK" button the tracks are well routed on the X-Touch and the Extender channels), the only thing that doesn't work is the PAN/SURROUND button that doesn't send the command to the Extender. What am I missing?

Thanks for the help.

read more...
    0 81
Go to page