Statistics

254,618 members
132,321 posts
  • BryanHenry
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-09-30

I am using my BCF2000 to control audio functions in vMix, and as I was mapping shortcuts, I saw that the push button function of the knobs came up as the same note on two different knobs.  Pushing on the #4 and #5 knobs, each came up as note 36 (vMix recognizes the button pushes as MidiControlChange).  It seems like knob #5 button push should be note 37; is there a way for me to correct this in the BCF itself?

read more...
    0 65
  • New
    TheEngraver
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-30

Hi, I just bought X-Touch Compact. On the internet I found only a quick start guide, and on YouTube there are no videos with detailed explanations. Is there a complete guide for setting up the Compact with Cubase? I need to use it with the faders mapped via Behringer's Editing Software. What I need is to create a preset where the 8 faders control the CC11 on 8 different channels (this is just an example). I created this preset but I can't get it to work. Among other things, if I use the standard mode in the software I can map everything, but in MC mode I can't. But unfortunately I can't find a guide or tutorial (even video). Can anyone help me? Thanks.

read more...
    0 62
    • TheEngraver
      john0121 Hi Corrardo, if you using the X Touch Compact in MC mode then this is a fixed protocol, it's a emulation of Mackie Protocol and can't be changed in the X Touch. So if you want to use your own settings then it needs to be in Standard mode- you can then either use the MIDI editor to change control parameters or Cubase MIDI learn function. If you need more help with this then I would recommend to submit a technical support ticket via the support button.
      • November 1, 2020
    • TheEngraver
      TheEngraver Thanks. Yes, I know. I don't know anything about Mackie Control because this is my first time using external hardware with Cubase. I hope that with the MC standard there is the possibility to edit the Compact from within Cubase. Meanwhile I use it in Standard mode. The problem is that the editing software is not very intuitive and I can't find a detailed guide on the internet. The Readme file present in the Software folder only gives some indication. For non-English speakers like me it is difficult to understand certain things. For example, the difference between "fader-foot" and "fader-touch". Also I would like to know if once a channel is assigned to a fader there is the possibility to change channel on the fly, perhaps with the corresponding knob. Do you know if there is a detailed guide to using this software?
      • November 4, 2020
  • New
    putahslim
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-10

I am using an X-Touch Mini with Pure Data, receiving and sending MIDI data to and from it. Mostly, it works very well, but it has one behavior that keeps it from being truly useful for my music.

The LEDs in the buttons can be controlled by sending the appropriate MIDI notes and velocity values, but only if their layer (A or B) is currently selected. E.g. I can send a MIDI note-on of 1, velocity 1, and the first button will light up, *if layer A is selected*. Now, if I switch to layer B and send the same note-on (1, velocity 1), I would not expect the first button to light up, because the first button of layer B is controlled by note-on 25, but I would expect the *state* of the first button in layer A to be updated to 'on' so that when I switch back to layer A, it is lit up. This is not the case, however. Apparently, the note-on is ignored if it is not in the currently selected layer.

Because of this, it is not practical to use the two layers consistently.

Is it feasible to fix this?

Thank you,

Phil

read more...
    0 26
  • New
    Soph123
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-16

Behringer : X touch one 

DAW : Ableton 10

Wondering how to use the faders with automation rather than just volume on projects ? 

csnt seem to find anything online is there a link you could direct me to for mapping this template ?

read more...
    0 10
    • Soph123
      NicJonesMT Hi Soph123.
      You may need to direct this question to the Ableton team, as you would be better of using a MIDI learn function in the DAW. You can then assign the functions to the fader to record your automation, just ensure you remove these learn settings before proceeding with your mix.
      • Sep 17
  • New
    ruimiguelaires
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-28

Hi,

I've purchased a Beringher X-TOUCH in August 2021 and it has firmware 1.14

I've tried to upload v1.21 using SysEx App but, after connecting USB and the App detects the X-TOUCH and shows the "UPDATE" device, its starts sending the data but the display on the X-TOUCH shows no percentage progress (as it should) and the update never gets done :-(

read more...
    0 25
    • ruimiguelaires
      NicJonesMT Hi there.
      Could you please click "SUPPORT" at the top of the page and submit a technical support ticket. We can then advise you further.
      Could you also please confirm the OS version you are using and ensure that you are connecting directly to your Mac, and not to any external hubs or using adapters.
      • Aug 28
    • ruimiguelaires
      ruimiguelaires

Well, I managed to upgrade the firmware using Windows so, it must be a problem with my Mac. Strange because the SysEx App was the latest version for the Mac M1. But it's all ok now ;-)

• Aug 28
  • New
    Ch1cc0
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-16
    Hello, I am an owner of XR18. it's a great mixer. soon the xtouch controller will have to arrive.
    What is the best way to connect the above devices so that xtouch controls Xr18 and Cubase at the same time (by pressing a button)?
    For example connect USB to PC and midi cables to XR18?
    Thanks in advance and best regards
    read more...
    0 85
    • Ch1cc0
      RexBeckett Hello Enrico, it can be connected as you describe. A better way is to connect the X-Touch to the XR18 through the Ethernet port. This is easier if you already have a network switch or router connected to the XR18's Ethernet port.

The options are explained in the Firmware Version 1.15 Release Notes which you can download by clicking on Software on the right side of the product page: https://www.behringer.com/product.html?modelCode=P0B1X
      • November 16, 2020
    • Ch1cc0
      Ch1cc0 thank you so much!
      • November 16, 2020
  • New
    danbaileyak
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-29

Hello, I recently purchaed an X Touch One, and according to the instructions, I should be able to use a standard midi sustain pedal as a record-toggle footswitch with Logic Pro X. However, when I plug a pedal into the jack on the back of the unit and press the footswitch, the unit seems to get confused. It gets stuck in a glitchy recording loop inside Logic Pro, and the lights on the X Touch One go all haywire. The only remedy is to power off the unit and unplug the footswitch.

I've tried using two different footswtiches, both standard 1/4" midi sustain pedals, and the unit exhibits the same behavoir, no matter which one is connected. Please note, I'm running the X Touch One firmware to the latest version (v.1.08) and using the X Touch One in the Logic configuration.

Am I missing something? Is there anything specific I need to do inside Logic to properly set up the unit so it recognizes the record-toggle command doesn't get confused? Or do I have a defective unit.

Thanks,

Dan B.

read more...
    0 365
    • danbaileyak
      PedroRodrigues Hi danbaileyak, I believe you have the unit on MC mode to operate with LOGIC have you tried to set up the unit in MIDI mode to control your pedal.
      If you are using the X-TOUCH ONE in a MIDI mode, select it in your DAW as a MIDI controller. Please confirm with your DAW’s MIDI Learn functions, and you will be able to map each button and feature of the X-TOUCH ONE to a function and control on your DAW.
      Please assign the unit to MIDI mode and please confirm that you have assigned the following message for your pedal as per below :
      MIDI Send CC
      Foot Switch: Control Change 64 (push: value 127, release: value 0)
      MIDI Send Note
      Foot Switch: Control Change 64 (push: value 127, release: value 0)
      I hope this helps
      • Jan 29
    • danbaileyak
      danbaileyak Thank you for getting back to me. I am currently using the X Touch One in LOGIC Mode. I prefer to use it this way, so that I don't have to reassign all of the buttons on the unit. By default, in Logic Mode, Pedal A is set to "Play or Stop," but as you saw in my video, this doesn't seem to work correctly. If I plug the footswitch into a different midi interface, I can get it to work just fine, so that's why I'm wondering if there's something wrong with my X Touch One, or if it simply doesn't work properly with the sustain pedal footswitch.
      • Jan 29
      • X Touch One Footswitch Problem
        PedroRodrigues Hi danbaileyak, form your description it seem that this is a matter that is related with your DAW MIDI implementation, as you stated the unit work with the Pedal work just not the way you wish to implement. I this case I would suggest to search for information on LOGIC support. Thank you
        • Feb 2
  • New
    FrankGNitty
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-06-07

How to change scribble script color for lpx

0 72
    • FrankGNitty
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi FrankGNitty, unfortunately, this is not possible. The X-TOUCH runs on Mackie or HUI protocol with a DAW and neither of these protocols has provision for LCD Colour changes.
      • Jun 7
  • New
    DovGoldman
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-06-23

I'm considering ordering an X Touch to control Cubasis (iPad) and my XR18. 

Connecting to the XR18 over Ethernet is obvious and easy. I've connected RTP midi to the iPad via my iConnectivity MioXM and their app. It works very reliably, even more so with hard wired Ethernet as I have it configured through an Anker 6 in 1 dongle connected to USB C (this is also supporting 100% reliable using the XR18 as an audio interface for the Cubasis DAW). 

Has anyone connected via RTP midi to an iPad DAW using the X Touch?

read more...
    0 63
  • New
    ClayMorrow
    Contributor - Level 1
    2021-09-16

I'm having an issue with my BCF2000 controller where two buttons have suddenly started behaiving very strangley. The buttons in question are buttons #47 and #51. Button #47 now thinks it is button #46. When I try to edit button #47 the BCF2000 selects button #46. And for button #51 something even stranger happens. Pressing button #51 once does nothing, pressing it a second time puts the BCF2000 in Edit mode for button #49, and pressing it a third time it puts the BCF2000 in USB Edit mode! 

This happeded when I was recording a MIDI track in Live. I should mention, I use a custom sequencer in Live that comunicates with the BCF2000 via MIDI and I am wondering if somehow a MIDI loop was created while recording and perhaps that may have somehow caused this problem?  

I have tried resetting the Presets and reinstalling the factory firmware but neither has fixed the issue. Otherwise the BCF2000 seems to work fine as long as I don't use those buttons but I would very much like to fix this issue if possible. Anyone here ever experince this issue? Any suggestions would be greatly apprecated.  

read more...
    0 12
    • ClayMorrow
      WilliamR Hello, WIlliam from musictribe here. Please contact us by submitting a Care Ticket. Click on the Support link at the top of this page. On the Support page, scroll down to the bottom and click on Technical Support to get started.
      • Sep 17
Go to page