Statistics

298,538 members
182,151 posts
  • New
    myeckwaters
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-30

Howdy

I recently picked up an X-Touch One for use in Cakewalk. It worked for a few days and then stopped. Now when I plug it into the USB the system reads "Unknown USB Device (Set Address Failed)".

I am using a fairly new PC with Win 10 and an AMD Ryzen 5 cpu.

I brought it in to work and hooked it up to my work PC and it seemed to be OK. MidiOx was able to talk to it and I was able to update the firmware (V1.08). But on my actual system at home, no joy.

Any suggestions?

read more...
    0 29
    • myeckwaters
      cwadams Other than the reported issue with Ryzen, check your version of Windows 10. I just got an X-Touch, and the computer would not recognize it until I manually updated the computer to Win10 version 21H2.
      • Jan 11
  • New
    MikeWazowski
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-06-21

I have an X Touch with an extender.

Connected to a Mac running Reaper, Setup as a Mackie Control Universal and Mackie Control Extender.

When pressing the Fader Bank Buttons left and right the X Touches only jump 8 channels in either direction, not the 16 to include the extender.
    To see then next page of 16 channels I need to double press the buttons. Is it possible to get it to jump 16 channels in each direction?

Thanks

read more...
    0 18
    • MikeWazowski
      PedroRodrigues Hi MikeWazowski, thank you for your post, please consider that the Fader bank will operate in blocks of 8 faders so you will not be possible to jump more than that. For any other questions I would suggest following the link below to access a video guide to assist you on this configuration process. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6SMDiN4itA Thank you
      • Jun 22
      • X Touch with Extender with Reaper
        MikeWazowski Thanks Pedro, in Logic pressing that button it know to move 16 faders as it knows the extender is there.
        • Jun 22
  • New
    ruimiguelaires
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-28

Hi,

I've purchased a Beringher X-TOUCH in August 2021 and it has firmware 1.14

I've tried to upload v1.21 using SysEx App but, after connecting USB and the App detects the X-TOUCH and shows the "UPDATE" device, its starts sending the data but the display on the X-TOUCH shows no percentage progress (as it should) and the update never gets done :-(

read more...
    0 31
    • ruimiguelaires
      NicJonesMT Hi there.
      Could you please click "SUPPORT" at the top of the page and submit a technical support ticket. We can then advise you further.
      Could you also please confirm the OS version you are using and ensure that you are connecting directly to your Mac, and not to any external hubs or using adapters.
      • August 28, 2021
    • ruimiguelaires
      ruimiguelaires

Well, I managed to upgrade the firmware using Windows so, it must be a problem with my Mac. Strange because the SysEx App was the latest version for the Mac M1. But it's all ok now ;-)

• August 28, 2021
  • New
    Globentroter01
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-04-04

Hallo weet iemand waar ik 

Lcd-scherm Voor Behringer DDX3216 Mixer Display

kan aankopen 

Groeten Rudy VS Belgie

0 33
    • Globentroter01
      Dale_M If you are inquiring about spare parts please go to the Support tab above and select a Parts ticket for the team to advise.
      • Apr 5
  • New
    Ch1cc0
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-16
    Hello, I am an owner of XR18. it's a great mixer. soon the xtouch controller will have to arrive.
    What is the best way to connect the above devices so that xtouch controls Xr18 and Cubase at the same time (by pressing a button)?
    For example connect USB to PC and midi cables to XR18?
    Thanks in advance and best regards
    read more...
    0 130
    • Ch1cc0
      RexBeckett Hello Enrico, it can be connected as you describe. A better way is to connect the X-Touch to the XR18 through the Ethernet port. This is easier if you already have a network switch or router connected to the XR18's Ethernet port.

The options are explained in the Firmware Version 1.15 Release Notes which you can download by clicking on Software on the right side of the product page: https://www.behringer.com/product.html?modelCode=P0B1X
      • November 16, 2020
    • Ch1cc0
      Ch1cc0 thank you so much!
      • November 16, 2020
  • New
    danbaileyak
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-29

Hello, I recently purchaed an X Touch One, and according to the instructions, I should be able to use a standard midi sustain pedal as a record-toggle footswitch with Logic Pro X. However, when I plug a pedal into the jack on the back of the unit and press the footswitch, the unit seems to get confused. It gets stuck in a glitchy recording loop inside Logic Pro, and the lights on the X Touch One go all haywire. The only remedy is to power off the unit and unplug the footswitch.

I've tried using two different footswtiches, both standard 1/4" midi sustain pedals, and the unit exhibits the same behavoir, no matter which one is connected. Please note, I'm running the X Touch One firmware to the latest version (v.1.08) and using the X Touch One in the Logic configuration.

Am I missing something? Is there anything specific I need to do inside Logic to properly set up the unit so it recognizes the record-toggle command doesn't get confused? Or do I have a defective unit.

Thanks,

Dan B.

read more...
    0 829
    • danbaileyak
      PedroRodrigues Hi danbaileyak, I believe you have the unit on MC mode to operate with LOGIC have you tried to set up the unit in MIDI mode to control your pedal.
      If you are using the X-TOUCH ONE in a MIDI mode, select it in your DAW as a MIDI controller. Please confirm with your DAW’s MIDI Learn functions, and you will be able to map each button and feature of the X-TOUCH ONE to a function and control on your DAW.
      Please assign the unit to MIDI mode and please confirm that you have assigned the following message for your pedal as per below :
      MIDI Send CC
      Foot Switch: Control Change 64 (push: value 127, release: value 0)
      MIDI Send Note
      Foot Switch: Control Change 64 (push: value 127, release: value 0)
      I hope this helps
      • January 29, 2021
    • danbaileyak
      danbaileyak Thank you for getting back to me. I am currently using the X Touch One in LOGIC Mode. I prefer to use it this way, so that I don't have to reassign all of the buttons on the unit. By default, in Logic Mode, Pedal A is set to "Play or Stop," but as you saw in my video, this doesn't seem to work correctly. If I plug the footswitch into a different midi interface, I can get it to work just fine, so that's why I'm wondering if there's something wrong with my X Touch One, or if it simply doesn't work properly with the sustain pedal footswitch.
      • January 29, 2021
      • X Touch One Footswitch Problem
        PedroRodrigues Hi danbaileyak, form your description it seem that this is a matter that is related with your DAW MIDI implementation, as you stated the unit work with the Pedal work just not the way you wish to implement. I this case I would suggest to search for information on LOGIC support. Thank you
        • February 2, 2021
  • New
    FrankGNitty
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-06-07

How to change scribble script color for lpx

0 85
    • FrankGNitty
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi FrankGNitty, unfortunately, this is not possible. The X-TOUCH runs on Mackie or HUI protocol with a DAW and neither of these protocols has provision for LCD Colour changes.
      • June 7, 2021
  • New
    DovGoldman
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-06-23

I'm considering ordering an X Touch to control Cubasis (iPad) and my XR18. 

Connecting to the XR18 over Ethernet is obvious and easy. I've connected RTP midi to the iPad via my iConnectivity MioXM and their app. It works very reliably, even more so with hard wired Ethernet as I have it configured through an Anker 6 in 1 dongle connected to USB C (this is also supporting 100% reliable using the XR18 as an audio interface for the Cubasis DAW). 

Has anyone connected via RTP midi to an iPad DAW using the X Touch?

read more...
    0 120
  • New
    JackDarling
    Contributor - Level 1
    2021-10-26

I recently got an X-Touch One to use with Logic Pro X. When I first plugged it in everything was working well, except that the fader wasn't controlling the selected track. After doing some research, I found out that there was new firmware to fix that. I updated and that solved the original issue, but know the Pan Knob doesn't seem to functino at all. None of the indicator lights will turn on and it won't control panning on the active channel.

Does anyone have any insight about what might be happening here?

Thanks!

read more...
    0 459
    • JackDarling
      PedroRodrigues Hi JackDarling, thank you fo r your post, in this case I would suggest to check the video guide present on the link below: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOHi26sqOks Thank you
      • October 30, 2021
      • X-Touch One - Pan Knob not working in Logic Pro X
        JackDarling Thanks Pedro, I followed the manufacturer's instructions to set up the device properly. As I said, panning was working until I updated the firmware (which I had to do to fix another feature that wasn't working).
        • November 2, 2021
    • JackDarling
      Yzzman1

Hi - I am a working composer and I was pissed (understatement) when I started to have this exact issue intermittently after updating Logic. You'll notice when the Pan controls stop working in Pan/Surround mode on the Xtouch - the l/r pan stereo lights are also not illuminated. What I found that solves the problem - at least until it happens again - is to unplug the USB cable (or cables in the case of having an extender or multiple extenders) and plug it back in after a few seconds. Then delete the control surfaces from Logic and reinstall them via controller setup. If you don't unplug the USB cables and plug them back in - this method does NOT work. You have to unplug the USB cables

• Jan 11
    • JackDarling
      imrank79

Press the bank button either left or right 3-4 times and it will come back to Pan

• Mar 22
  • New
    ClayMorrow
    Contributor - Level 1
    2021-09-16

I'm having an issue with my BCF2000 controller where two buttons have suddenly started behaiving very strangley. The buttons in question are buttons #47 and #51. Button #47 now thinks it is button #46. When I try to edit button #47 the BCF2000 selects button #46. And for button #51 something even stranger happens. Pressing button #51 once does nothing, pressing it a second time puts the BCF2000 in Edit mode for button #49, and pressing it a third time it puts the BCF2000 in USB Edit mode! 

This happeded when I was recording a MIDI track in Live. I should mention, I use a custom sequencer in Live that comunicates with the BCF2000 via MIDI and I am wondering if somehow a MIDI loop was created while recording and perhaps that may have somehow caused this problem?  

I have tried resetting the Presets and reinstalling the factory firmware but neither has fixed the issue. Otherwise the BCF2000 seems to work fine as long as I don't use those buttons but I would very much like to fix this issue if possible. Anyone here ever experince this issue? Any suggestions would be greatly apprecated.  

read more...
    0 39
    • ClayMorrow
      WilliamR Hello, WIlliam from musictribe here. Please contact us by submitting a Care Ticket. Click on the Support link at the top of this page. On the Support page, scroll down to the bottom and click on Technical Support to get started.
      • September 17, 2021
Go to page