Statistics

267,755 members
147,252 posts
  • bettsaj
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-06-10

Simple question really... I already have a G-Force which has good delays, however I have this urge to buy a D-Two... Is there any benefit in buying a D-two if I already have a G-force? are the delays any better?

I play in a Floyd Tribute, and like the idea of running one delay into another (Run Like Hell for example was originally done like that, I currently have the G-Force set up with a dual delay with two different delay times to recreate Run Like Hell)

read more...
    0 471
    • bettsaj
      TC-Mike

the D-Two has some delay types the G-force doesn't have, most notable the Rhythm Tap multi tap delay, but you are already well stocked with your existing G-Force and it's possibilities.

If you want to expand on the G-Force delay sounds you might also consider our Flashback 2 pedal instead which has TC latest algos like  proper Tape and Analog BBD Delay emulations , Crystal delays (Shimmer type delay with an Octaver up in the feedback path) + Modulated delay where you can choose between Chorus, Flanger and Vibrato modulations on the delay repeats+ MASH technology, which is a pressure sensor build into the foot switch for realtime mangling of FX parameters. 

Further more you can customise you own delays via the Toneprint editor and program which parameters the potmeters or the MASH switch should control.. (including parameter ranges and control of up to 3 parameters at the same time.

And it also has a Looper build in...(20 seconds stereo, 40 seconds mono recording time)

More infos can be found here:
      https://www.tcelectronic.com/Categories/Tcelectronic/Guitar/Stompboxes/FLASHBACK-2-DELAY/p/P0CKR#googtrans(en|en)

Here is a screenshot of the editor to give you and idea of the parameters you can tweak:

Tape delay:
      fb2 editor example tape echo.PNG

In the mapping window of the editor you can customise what parameters the pots should control and then store your custom toneprints in the pedal:

fb2 editor custom mapping of potmeters.PNG

You can also just use the toneprint library of our many artist toneprints giving you a wide variety of great delay and echo tones ranging to snappy Slap back delays to long ambient delays with a max delaytime of up to 7! seconds in pristine quality.

fb2 editor artist toneprint.PNG

Hope this help and let me know if you have further questions.

Best,

Mike

• June 11, 2019
    • bettsaj
      bettsaj

Hi Mike,

The Flashback 2 looks good, and the fact it can reproduce a Binsen is very interesting to me. There is one issue, although it can store 3 user "patches" there's no way of recalling these remotely via midi..... Is this something that will maybe looked into as an update in the future? All my pedals are off the floor in a pedal draw in my rack, and therefore a pedal like the Flashback 2 is great, but not much use if I can't select between the 3 stored user delays.

I could ustilise it as just a Binsen clone, but i feel I wouldn't be getting the full use out of it, which it deserves.

Andy

• June 12, 2019
    • bettsaj
      TC-Mike

Hi Andy,

remote selection of settings  is not possible to implement with the FB2  . it is theoretically possible to do USB midi control, but that doesn't make too much sense in a pedalboard setting,as you'll need a laptop and DAW to send Midi commands .  If features like presets on top of Toneprint slots + full midi implementation (midi sync + remote control of potmeters) are important, then i'm happy to report we already looked into this, but this is all i can say at this point of time unfortunately.   

• June 12, 2019
    • bettsaj
      Dreams Hi, I would go for the D-Two, the delays in the D-Two is more than excellent sounding, but I guess it is "individual taste". I have the G-Force as well, and bought the D-Two after experiencing it in a studio.
      • July 15, 2020
  • New
    NME73
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-06-03

I got the flashback 2 with great expectations. It's real good on clean but I can not get a good sound when I'm soloing with distortion! I'm using EVH 5150 combo all tube with the built in distortion and running pedals through the loop effects. I love using the high gain channel (3) on the evh and just can't get the delay to sound good at all. Can anyone recommend any settings or how to connect it. From guitar I connect to JP Crybaby to boss chorus to flashback 2 to desemator through the loop effects. 

read more...
    0 80
  • New
    wpsellers
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-08

Hey Folks,

I just got my PlethoraX5 yesterday and been having a blast.  I noticed that in the manual that it specified to only use the supplied TC Electronics power supply.  Can I safely use the PlethoraX5 ith a 1Spot Trutone Power Supply?

Here is a link to the power supply

Model:  NW1-US
    Input:  100-240V ~ 50/60Hz 0.35A
    Output:  9V --- 1700mA (Max.)

Juuuuust making sure.  Also, every once-in-a-while, I get the Plethora "lock up" on booting.  Does this happen from time to time?  I'm attaching some pics.

Also, is there a "clean" way to power the unit off?   Or, just kill power to it.  (Newbie question...)

THANKS SO MUCH EVERYONE. -- Just want to make sure I don't screw anything up with my new purchase.
    Will

read more...
    0 53
    • wpsellers
      PedroRodrigues Hi wpsellers please consider that you must use the supplied TC Electronics PSU supplied to avoid any issue with your unit. I will leave you below a full process for the "lock up on booting mode " issue you have mentioned, for that please follow the link below: https://wsi.li/dl/TSvjtrYo4GiWD3PLg/ When it comes to any questions for your unit I would suggest to follow the link below to access a great guide for the PLETHORA X5 https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/articles/tc-helicon-plethora-x5-quickstart-guide/
      • August 8, 2021
      • 1Spot - Trutone Power Supply w/PlethoraX5
        wpsellers Thanks.... My firmware is at the 1.2.... The document file says its for: "HOTFIX for PLETHORA X5 units with 1.0 firmware stuck in boot mode" ---Also I never used that version of the TonePrint app, detailed in the doc. Just making sure. It doesn't lock up all of the time----and when it does, I power cycle and usually boots right back up. I'd assume that I would apply the patch....then, Update back to 1.2? THANKS SO MUCH....
        • ·
        • August 8, 2021
      • 1Spot - Trutone Power Supply w/PlethoraX5
        wpsellers On the PSU issue... Are there any "approved" 3rd party PSUs? Just curious about what people do who have pedal boards with PSU's mounted under their boards, etc, etc. For me at home, the PSU thing is not an issue; however, if I start gigging-----and build a pedalboard with a nice PSU, would I be OK plugging the Plethora into it? Again, THANKS SO MUCH!
        • August 8, 2021
    • wpsellers
      PedroRodrigues

Hi wpsellers please consider that we cannot advise any 3rd party PSU noR we have approved any, in this case I would suggest research and caution when testing the PSU's on your unit. In regard to the issue you have reported I would suggest re-installing version 1.2 but please follow the guidance present on the Firmware Release Notes Version 1.2 that you can access by following the link below :https://www.tcelectronic.com/tcelectronic/product?modelCode=P0D9M Thank you

• August 8, 2021
  • goodweather
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-09-28

Hi, the TC 2290 is recognized as a great and very flexible delay unit in rack.
    Today second hand models are going at crazy prices.

Wouldn'it  be possible and interesting to reproduce as-is the same original TC 2290 unit?

I'm quite sure that this would be a good business for you (no re-engineering unless you want to do some changes) and at the same time would make many people very happy.

The TC 2290-DT is of course very nice as well but it is a mix with software and thus requires running the plugin in a DAW while the rack unit is obviously allowing total work just OTB in hardware.

Thx a lot for considering this :D

read more...
    0 63
    • goodweather
      PedroRodrigues Hi Dominique, I will adress your suggestion to our R&D TEAM but at this moment our approach was to release the following: https://www.tcelectronic.com/tcelectronic/product?modelCode=P0D3X
      • September 28, 2020
    • goodweather
      goodweather Thx for your reply Pedro. Yep indeed, as I indicate, I'm aware of the TC 2290 DT but as mentioned, it needs a PC and takes place on the desk (as all the synths produced now in module) so the pure rack unit was much better ;-)
      If at the same time it could evolve to a dual delay unit (series/parallel) as the Empress Echosystem pedal but in rack, even better. Powerful Delay units are great.
      By the way what is the situation with the Maelström which was supposed to be the effects of the Deepmind 12? Or is this the Plethora X5 (which I need to try btw ;-) )
      • October 2, 2020
  • Zebrapup
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-11

I have a voodoo lab power supply. The supplies are 500 milliamperes. This plethora unit appears to be a 600 milliamperes draw. Will the voodoo lab voltage supply work with the plethora?

0 693
    • Zebrapup
      Nigel67 Hi Kevin, we do advise using a power supply with the correct specification. Using anything less, could affect the operation of the unit. Standard 5.5 / 2.1 mm 9 VDC, centre negative, > 600 mA (included)
      • October 11, 2020
    • Zebrapup
      betaray Hi You can use a cloks dc7 or the eventide powermax they can supply power up to 660ma that's what I use
      • October 20, 2020
    • Zebrapup
      MProvencher1

Anything less the 600ma will cause the unit to overheat and reboot constantly has been my experience.

• Thu at 3:25 PM
  • New
    Hoodrio
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-28

No problems beaming toneprints from my new iPad, but when I tried to create my own it was a disaster.  I used the cable that came with the pedal, connected to my iMac, and then after I tried sending a toneprint, the pedal was all screwy.  The slot I was on had no signal at all, the two other slots were all crazy, and the stock delays were all blank.  I unplugged the unit and plugged it back in, seemed to be back to normal, so I tried again with the computer hookup, and the same thing happened.  It's like it fried the pedal.  

Now I'm afraid it's permanently damaged.

Thoughts?

read more...
    0 75
    • Hoodrio
      TC-Marcus Howdy Herman!
      Sorry to hear that.
      I suggest making sure that your pedal runs the latest FW. Currently that is version 1.2.00.

You can get it here https://www.tcelectronic.com/tcelectronic/product?modelCode=P0CKR and instructions on how to update can be found under "Documentation" -> "Flashback 2 1.2.00 Firmware Upgrade Guide English"

Also, make sure that you run the latest version of the TonePrint app, currently that should be 4.4.3 which you can get here or in your app store
      https://www.tcelectronic.com/product.html?modelCode=P0CLC

Then try again. Let me know how that turns out.
      • December 28, 2020
    • Hoodrio
      Hoodrio Pedal seems to be working normally again after unplugging everything and plugging back into my chain (not the USB). Frankly, after that experience I don't think I'll ever be risking connecting this pedal to anything via USB again. Thanks for your response!
      • December 28, 2020
    • Hoodrio
      TC-Mike Hi Herman, the app/editor should work fine. Please remember that after storing your custom Toneprint to one of the 3 TP slots and disconnect from editor the settings you hear are the Potmeter settings on the pedal and not the parameter values you added last in the editor .
      • January 4, 2021
    • Hoodrio
      Hoodrio So, the pedal is definitely fried - it goes from working normally to having literally nothing on the factory settings. In other words, you can be getting a normally DYN delay, switch to Tape, and get ZERO Delay, knobs do nothing.
      • January 11, 2021
      • Flashback 2 Trouble
        Hoodrio Is there a way to do a factory reset? If not, who repairs these?
        • January 11, 2021
  • Zebrapup
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-11

Just a thought. I have owned a couple iterations of the poly tuner. As a player with a floating tremolo system this has been invaluable. Any chance the plethora gets an update to the Onboard tuner to make it a poly tune?

0 62
    • Zebrapup
      john0121 Hi Kevin, thanks for your suggestion. I'll pass it along to the development team for consideration.
      • October 11, 2020
    • Zebrapup
      TC-Mike the added on-board tuner won't likely get any PolyTune features due to effect on available DSP resources for other pedals.
      • October 12, 2020
  • New
    soundbee
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-03-01

Hi there!

I have a Plethora X5 incoming and have a couple of questions....

1) in true bypass mode is the insert loop still active?

2) in buffered bypass does the signal go through AD/DA converters?

3) Are the cab sims on if all effect slots are off (buffered bypass)?

Thank you in advance! 

-Kevin 

read more...
    0 73
    • soundbee
      PedroRodrigues Hi soundbee please consider that in bypass mode it bypasses any effects active on the unit using any routing even the Cab sims routing process, please also consider that any signal inputting on the unit will be converted via ADC process. Thank you
      • March 1, 2021
    • soundbee
      PedroRodrigues Hi soundbee please consider that in bypass mode it bypasses any effects active on the unit using any routing even the Cab sims routing process, please also consider that any signal inputting on the unit will be converted via ADC process. Thank you
      • March 1, 2021
    • soundbee
      soundbee Hi Pedro- thanks for the speedy reply. Follow up question...
      • March 1, 2021
    • soundbee
      soundbee oops. Hit return... if nothing is in the insert loop but it is placed between two slots, is it still on (and signal going through 2x ADC) or does it only come in to play if something is plugged in?
      • March 1, 2021
      • Plethora X5 audio questions
        TC-Mike It is only on, if the insert is is used. Plethora has jack sensing, so it knows whenever a cable is inserted . You can also turn the insert OFF in the BOARD SETTINGS menu of your Plethora.
        • March 8, 2021
  • New
    antjul
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-06-19

Re: can anybody help please:

Dear TC music Tribe Community,

I recently bought the TC G-system and have some SQS files that I want to put onto the G-box.  TC Electronic releases G-System Editor and Software 3.0 states you can download it, but when you press the “here”  link, all I get is the message 

“…This www.tcelectronic.com page can’t be found…” (please see uploaded file)

The link to the page is: https://www.kvraudio.com/news/tc_electronic_releases_g_system_editor_and_software_3_0_8855

Can anybody help please

Kind regards

Tony

View Attachment
    read more...
    0 92
    • antjul
      TCMike019 I have a same problem... Can find System Editing Software...
      • June 19, 2021
    • antjul
      Nigel67 Hi, is this the link you require? Please look in the 'Software' tab. In the is a G-System Editor software. If it is not what you were looking for, please let me know and I will try to help further.
      • June 19, 2021
    • antjul
      TCMike019

NOw, I have found software named Midi Quest... Anyody know something about it? Here's the link https://squest.com/Products/MidiQuest_iPad/Instruments/TCElectronicG-System/index.html

• June 19, 2021
    • antjul
      hamanohashi I received from someone in the comunity this software for a previous question about TC Helicon voicework. He sent me this but unfortunatly it does not work for me : he reconize only TC Electronics ... so I think it can help you : https://wsi.li/dl/7oMosRB97TujG6RXF/ link is valid 7 days .
      • June 21, 2021
  • Zebrapup
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-11

What does the unit do to the signal? Is there essentially analog dry through? I have not found a direct answer. 

can the unit be powered by a voodoo lab isolated DC supply unit rated at 500 milliamperes?

is there a poly tune update in the works for the onboard tuner?

read more...
    0 63
    • Zebrapup
      WilliamR Hello Kevin, there is a chromatic tuner built into the pedal but not a polytune tuner. As far as power supplies go, the PLETHORA X5 requires a dc 9 volt 600 mA power supply. So, you would have to use the included power supply in your setup.
      • October 13, 2020
Go to page