Statistics

267,754 members
147,251 posts
  • New
    mscheurer
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-30

Hey guys,

just took my Plethora X5 out of the box and run the update to 1.1.52, before even plugging my guitar in, I'm scratching my head trying to find an on and off switch.

Please tell me there is a way turn off the unit when not in use! Surely physically unplugging this  AU$800 unit can't be the only way to turn it off...

Michael

read more...
    0 41
    • mscheurer
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi Michael, I hope you are well. There is no menu/shutdown for this unit, the Plethora X5 is a robust design and allows the user to simply switch on or off at the mains or remove the power cable directly from the rear.
      • October 30, 2020
      • Unboxing
        mscheurer I was afraid you'd say that.

Is that not something that could be added to the software, like a sleep or shutdown routine?
        • October 30, 2020
    • mscheurer
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi Michael, I will certainly pass your feature suggestion onto the development team who can further look into this for a future update.
      • October 30, 2020
      • Unboxing
        mscheurer Thanks, maybe holding down both Selector knobs for a few seconds could serve as the shutdown command...
        • October 30, 2020
      • Unboxing
        dfurdon Michael I use these, obvisouly not the best solution but temporary until TC can possibly come up with a solution https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01D66D9PM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
        • October 30, 2020
      • Unboxing
        mscheurer Great idea, thank you, my local Electronics store has these!

I don't like the idea of having a live plug resting on a metal casing whilst being unplugged, it's a hazard...
        • October 30, 2020
  • New
    edoates
    Contributor - Level 2
    2022-01-02

Tyring to start thread with user suggestions for the Plethora X5...

1. Make the tone print loading process easier.

---it seems that you have to update the toneprints you find in the all toneprins list, and then SOME of them are now compatible with teh X5. TC should do those updates and place them in the X5 Toneprint list so we don't waste our time

---When many (most?) toneprints or just templates are loaded into the board itself, the various parameters don't stay fromt he template/toneprint, but are set to whatever the knobs are set to. SO swe have no idea what they are supposed to be. Example, I'm copied the parameters (at leas thte three I havd access to on the board) from the three band noise gate, and on two differnernt X5, the noise gate is completely different!!!! 

2. Use the APP to allow storage of my own toneprints across differnet X5s

---I have two X5s for different rigs and I want many of my default boards and effects to be the same. Seems to be no good way todo this in the app

---ideally, I should be able to backup and ENTIRE Plethora X5 and save it save it in the app, then restore it to another X5 in case of failure, whatever. 

3. Please write a compehensive manual, even if PDF only. Search wildly on Youtube to things you want to do is wasteful and almost never gives me what I want. See the Nove System and G-System comprehensive models for an example of useful manuals.

4. Integreate NovaDrive as the GSystem has done: it uses Midi in / out / through and treats the NovaDrive as just another effect. To me, the NovaDrive is the ideal overdrive/distortion pedal for a system like the X5.

read more...
    0 19
    • edoates
      CSurieux I don't think that there is still someone at TC working on this product, last firmware is quite 2 years old (even if they changed its file date, it is the same firmware).
      We have already requested many important fixes without any answer... good luck.
      • Jan 3
      • Plethora X5 Suggestions for TC
        CSurieux Incredible, the beast was not dead, new firmware 1.3.6 today, great features but still no global tempo or midi out RTM sync.
        • Thu at 11:23 AM
  • New
    Jmwilkins
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-14

Hi, is there any way to identify what TonePrints are downloaded into spots 1-3 of my flashback2 and hall of fame2? Thank you.

0 11
    • Jmwilkins
      WilliamR Hello, William from music tribe here. Regretfully, once the tone print is transferred to your device, there isn't a way to Identify the specific tone print from the pedal itself.
      • September 14, 2021
  • New
    ruezz
    Contributor - Level 1
    2021-04-16

Well, 

Can anyone issue any kind of update on if they are going to fix the tap tempo issues that I have seen addressed on here multiple times? It's crazy to me that people have been complaining and still we don't have an option for external tap tempo or being able to dial in the tempo with the control knobs. Someone, please tell me this is coming soon or I'm gonna have to start considering selling this x5 and switching to something else, as it is has proven very difficult to adjust multiple tempos on the fly during live sets. 

Thanks,

Zack

read more...
    0 50
    • ruezz
      PedroRodrigues Hi ruezz as I’m sure it was stated previously this matter has been passed to the Dev. Team, please consider that as we would like to develop and implement promptly suggestions from our customers, we must request some bearing as the team is analyzing this and many others features suggestions to study the implementation viability. Thank you for your message
      • April 17, 2021
  • New
    Picksmore
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-02

Any chance of adding a polyphonic tuner to the X5?  The chromatic is great but having a polyphonic display option would be even better.  Even if it was only displayed on one 'module window', it'd be a nice option to have.  

1 8
    • Picksmore
      PedroRodrigues Hi Picksmore, thank you for your post, please consider that adding a Polyphonic Tuner on the X5 would impact the amount of DSP resources available for other FX, so the Dev. Team deliberately chosen to add a very basic light tuner that will not require an extra pedal slots and can run alongside the five TonePrint effect slots.
      • October 6, 2021
  • Rob66
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-10-13

I'm using the x4 with expression pedal, setup to go from short feedback high feedback amount. I has been fine, but now I'm having a problem where it seems to bet setup ok, with a low mimimum and high max setting but...
    When I start on the minimum setting of the exp pedal its good, when I move the pedal to max for high feedback it's good, but on return back to the minimum position it doesn't not seem to have recorded the original minimum feedback a amount. It's minumum after the first use seems to give more feedback than I set it with. Does not return to the original minimum setting. Anyone have any tips?  I'd do a factory reset if I could find how to?

read more...
    0 193
    • Rob66
      TC-Mike

it could be an accidental "re-mapping" of the Parameter. Please note that if you move Expression pedal and turn knobs, youwill update the mapping.  Please try to clear the Expression mapping for the preset in question and program it again. Make sure you set min position then turn the parameter pot to the desired min position- now switch pedal to max position (heel up) and set max potmeter position an then save the Preset. Switch and reload preset and try out the mapping you just programmed. Is it working? 

• October 16, 2019
  • EddieBishop
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-08-23

My pedal is awesome and works in every way except beaming will not work no matter what I try.

0 145
    • EddieBishop
      TC-Mike

Please make sure you have latest firmware installed and use latest version of the Toneprint app:

Firmware updater for your Dreamscape pedal can be found here:

https://www.tcelectronic.com/Categories/Tcelectronic/Guitar/Stompboxes/THE-DREAMSCAPE/p/P0DDR/Downloads#googtrans(en|en)

Prior to starting the firmwar eupdater, you need to set the pedal into boot mode ->

1. connect the usb cable to the computer running the firmware updater

2. insert the power supply while holding down the footswitch 

3. LED will turn gree indicating that the product is in boot mode and ready to receive the data upload

4. Start the downloaded firmware updater 

5. Select "Dreamscape" in the drop down menu 

6. click on "update" button

If this should not fix the issue, please get back to us...

Best regards,

Mike

• September 2, 2019
  • hdeuxo
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-04-10

well hello, does anyone know if #tcelectronic will put. the "spectradrive bass"? because it is part of the toneprint series and it would be a plus for the bassists ^^". I just received mine.

1 94
    • hdeuxo
      TC-Mike

thanks for the feedback.  i pass it on to the team. Spectradrive doesn't saupport and Toneprint editing features as thr algorithms is based on the bass amp framwork.

Cheers,

Mike

• May 6, 2020
  • WorriedBarry
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-06-10

Hi folks, 

I've recently picked up an original edition Flashback x4 second hand on the 'Bay. My current delay is a good old Boss DD-3, and I was wondering if the Flashback can get close to the glitchy short delay sounds (Radiohead/Klinghoffer) that the Boss is famous for?

I know that the hold function is unique to the Boss DD series, but I reckon that I'd get a similar result from tap dancing with the looper. 

Apologies if this has been asked before. Pedal hasn't arrived yet so I haven't had a chance to experiment. 

read more...
    0 40
  • New
    Andrew302052
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-01

Hello, 

So I made a reverse delay toneprnt for the plethora and whenever I try to use it, the signal to the output is cut off when the pedal is not engaged. The toneprint and pedal work fine when the effect is on, but then it mutes the plethora's output when I turn it off. Let me know if you need any more info from me. Would love to get on a new beta if there is one. Thanks.

read more...
    0 60
Go to page