Statistics

229,714 members
104,806 posts
  • bearaby
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-02-26

Please give me reasons to upgrade to VoiceLive Play (or other?) from a Perform V for hosting karaoke, which by nature has singers requesting many different songs, unknown to me in advance.

0 76
    • bearaby
      TCH-Rob

Hi @bearaby ,

The Perform V is nice because it's very fast and easy to edit, but the Voicelive Play has far more options and you can do deeper editing with it. Voicelive Play also allows you to store 500 presets, so if there are several songs you know are common you can recreate the vocal effects from them and store them in the pedal. It really comes down to whether you want flexibility or easy fast editing. Let me know if you have any questions about these pedals, I'm here to help!  

• February 28, 2020
  • RalfLeRenne
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-10-19

Hello,

I bought a "Harmony Singer 1" a few years ago, and would like to switch to the second version. I'm in the process of making all my equipment for concerts "battery powered", and I saw this Harmony Singer 2 is able to do just that.

But I still need to know if it can work with rechargeable batteries, since they usually tend to have less voltage. I would also like to know for how long the pedal can run on batteries. How many hours would it be ? 

Thank you very much, 

Have a great day,

Thibault

read more...
    0 153
    • RalfLeRenne
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @RalfLeRenne,
      I'll be honest with you, battery life ain't great.  I tested a Harmony Singer 2 with fresh AA's (non-rechargeable) and it lasted three and a half hours before dying.  I don't think batteries were intended to be the primary power source for these stomps, more like a backup.  When a 9V adapter is plugged in, the pedal will use that wall power and ignore the batteries, which then kick in if wall power is removed.  Anyways, I think Harmony Singer 2 has the worst battery life out of the bunch because it has the busiest algorithm, but yeah you might want to have a backup set of rechargeables.  Cheers!

• October 23, 2019
  • JohnShelley
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-09-28

For most of the work I do, I use a product called BandHelper to play backing tracks and a syncronized midi file.  The midi file controls my lighitng system and my VL3X.  It works flawlessly for all the CC commands to turn effects on and off, etc.

To have my delay match the tempo of a song, however, I have to make separate presets for every song on my VL3X each with the tempo already set to the BPM of the song - even though all other settings may be exactly the same as another preset.

It would be much more efficient to one preset but be able to send along a midi message to say "this song is 60bpm" and "this song is 100bpm"

Is this possible? 

read more...
    0 49
    • JohnShelley
      PetGerbil Should be just a case of making sure that Bandhelper is sending a MIDI Clock signal. Unless you've got a loop in the looper. In which case the tempo will be locked. There's a MIDI tempo parameter in the SETUP sections MIDI tab. That'll need turning on. Also I've got a vague memory of MIDI sync being added in a firmware update, so make sure you've got the latest firmware.
      • September 28, 2020
  • ILYICH
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-06-01

Hello dear all, 

I am looking for the ways to separate dry and wet microphone signals on VL3X in order to have only-wet and only-dry signals coming out separately. I also wonder whether one could do it via the expression pedal? Basically have a dry signal and add all the effects into the mix via expression pedal.

Also I know one can separate dry and wet signals via mono, yet I still hear the dry sound of my voice in the Right/Effects channel. Are these the remains of what is not being covered by the effects? Even on the hard-tune-harmonizer I still hear the base sound of my voice though...

Curious whether there is something one could do?

Many thanks in advance!

ILYICH

read more...
    0 56
  • New
    TCH-Rob
    Triber Contributor
    2021-04-15

Hi friends! We are very excited to anounce GoXLR update 1.3.130.

Features:

Color Wheel

• Allows for unlimited choices to fully customize the look of your GoXLR.
    • Recently selected colors are saved to make setting up your color profile faster and easier.

Cough Mute

• Cough Mute now has its own dedicated mute options.
    • Mute behavior can be set to Hold or Toggle modes.
    • Mic no longer needs to be assigned to a dedicated fader, thus freeing up a fader to mix another audio source.

Line Out fader

• The line out level can now be controlled by the application and can be assigned to a physical fader.

System Tray / Minimized on Startup

• GoXLR app can now be set to be hidden in Windows System Tray on startup.

Quality of Life Improvements and Bug Fixes

• Double click an individual band on the EQ to reset gain to 0dB.
    • Reset button now also resets EQ bands to a gain of 0dB.
    • Right-click on device component in app to enter the lighting tab for that component. A left-click will bring you to the settings tab for that component.
      Mic, Chat and Music are now select-able on all channels for Mini.
    • Global settings now contains a checkbox to select whether muting Voice Chat also mutes your Mic channel.
    • Headphone and Lineout should now properly display audio passing when set to meter mode.
    • Profile mute mode and EQ settings now load correctly on start-up.
    • With Line Out or Headphones as the channel source, Mute to All is the only select-able option.
    • Adjusting the mid and high EQ bands on Mini in basic and advanced modes did not have reliable behaviour. This has been corrected but this may have changed your profile EQ settings slightly.
    • Better error checking on updates.
    read more...
    1 46
  • markmcilvena
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-10-05

(Alas... I think I know the answer.)

Hey Folks. Just wondering if there's any way of routing the Aux input to the PA looper? I have an analogue wooden 'kick drum' stomp box pedal, (Australian made 'little Monster') which when plugged into the 'Aux in' via a 1/4" to 1/8" mini jack lead 'pumps' out through the PA's 'Main Outs' quite nicely. Just wondering if there is a setting option to get this into the looper on the PA?

It would be great if I could 'stomp' out a bar or two at the start of songs during live sets which would record into the looper... to save my tired foot! Cheers in advance - Mark Mac 

read more...
    0 237
    • markmcilvena
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @markmcilvena,
      Yep this is already implemented!  Assuming you're on the latest firmware (48), just go into the "Setup" menu, and on the "Loop" page there's the "Input" setting which has "Aux" as one of the options.  Cheers!

• October 9, 2019
    • markmcilvena
      ColinWright

Man thanks, never thought of doing this. 

Off to buy a lead converter and give it a go. 

Slainte.

• January 24, 2020
  • FelipeDeJesusCepeda
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-12

Hola, tengo el VLX3 pero no se como actualizar su firmware, su version es: 2.2.00 BUILD 366, agradeceria mucho que me puedan ayudar... Gracias

0 64
  • New
    Boboji
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2020-10-29

When I tun on the polytune clip I just get two lit arrows moving away from each other. No other response from the tuner. Is there a factory reset option to get this working again???

0 76
    • Boboji
      PedroRodrigues Hi, Robert Czarnowski when you mention the arrow do you mean that you see what is on the picture below?
      If that is the case that is the Needle mode.
      If you press the Display Mode Button once, the currently selected Display Mode will be shown. Pressing the Display Mode Button repeatedly will cycle between the two display modes described in this section. – Needle Mode is indicated by the center LED column and row lighting up. – Strobe Mode is indicated by the middle row of LEDs lighting up.
      The selected Display Mode will be stored and preserved even when you change the battery.
      • October 30, 2020
  • JeremyGorman
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-10-13

Does anyone know if loops in the VL3 can be triggered via MIDI? I'm trying to get around the limit of 8 Loop Triggers (A - H) in the VL3.

Thanks!

Jeremy

0 39
    • JeremyGorman
      PedroRodrigues Hi Jeremy it is possible to have MIDI sync on VOICELIVE 3 so you can can sync a external device such a pedal to use as a trigger, but for that you will need to have your VOICELIVE 3 unit running firmware version 1.2 . For more information please follow the link below to access a video about the MIDI Sync https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-c2hk4o9iA
      • October 13, 2020
    • JeremyGorman
      JeremyGorman Thanks Pedro and thanks for responding! Yes, I'm familiar with the MIDI sync feature, but I was really trying to see if the VL# might respond to MIDI commands to trigger loops. Since the VL3 has 50 loop slots (with 3 loops in each), but only 8 loop triggers (A - H) I am unable to trigger more than 8 separate pre-recorded loops. I was hoping to find a way around that.
      • October 13, 2020
      • Loop triggering in VL3
        PetGerbil no, the loops can't be triggered from midi...But, I've just had a squizz at the manual, and it looks like the 8 loops is per-preset, so could you change preset and get access to another 8 loops ? (I wonder if changing to a different "Step" would do the same thing ?...)
        • October 13, 2020
      • Loop triggering in VL3
        JeremyGorman No, it appears that assignment is one-time only. EX: you assign Loop 1:A to Trigger A in Program 100 and then assign Loop 2:A to Trigger A in Program 101. When you go back to Program 100 you now have Loop 2:A instead of Loop 1:A
        • October 17, 2020
    • JeremyGorman
      JeremyGorman Ok, I think I figured out a "work around" If I set one of the Loop Triggers to "Load Current Slot" (instead of specific slot) then whatever Loop Slot is loaded on the Loop page will appear. Ex: 'Trigger G - Load Current Slot - A' Now I create a Loop for Program 100 in Loop Slot 5:A and buttonmap Trigger G to the 'Hit" button. For Program 101 I create a Loop in slot 6:A and again buttonmap to the 'Hit' button. As long as I make sure to load Loop Slot 5 for Program 100 and Loop Slot 6 for Program 101 it works! Not ideal by any stretch, but a workable alternative.
      • October 17, 2020
    • JeremyGorman
      PetGerbil Does it make a difference if you re-save the loop and/or Preset after assigning 'em ?
      • October 17, 2020
      • Loop triggering in VL3
        JeremyGorman Doesn't seem to make a difference.
        • October 18, 2020
  • New
    HitPit01
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-14

Hello, could someone please provide me an German Bedienungsanleitung pdf for my VoiceLive. I couldn't find it on official sites! There is only availability from VoiceLive 2 on? Thank you in advance. Best regards Peter

0 35
    • HitPit01
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi Peter, unfortunately, there is not a German translated manual available for the VoiceLive, however, I have included a copy of the manual for you in the following link in the hopes this may be of some help. https://we.tl/t-diNOrDCRWd
      • November 17, 2020
Go to page