Statistics

254,618 members
132,321 posts
  • ajdaames
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-10-12

Hello guys.

I’ve recently purchased the VL3 extreme after my VLplay electric died. On this unit I see that you can import your backing tracks and play them directly from the unit. An awesome feature. However I play in a trio and we use some backing tracks with a click track. Is it possible to have the click track not go to the main mix and also have it heard through the IEM of the other band members? This is of course very standard procedure and without it playing backing tracks through the VL3 is kinda useless. Hope someone can help me out with this. Thank you.

read more...
    0 202
    • ajdaames
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @ajdaames,
      There are couple options for working with a click track depending on how much you want to interact with your VoiceLive 3.  If you want to be pretty hands-off and automate effects, then a pre-made click track imported as a Backing Track is the way to go - make the track the length of your song and automate effect changes so you can just sing and not have to think about toggling effects.  But if you want to be more involved, you can use the metronome in the loop layer as a click, and you can manually toggle effects and even create loops quantized to the click.  The metronome can be synced with incoming MIDI clock too btw.

In either case, you can output the Backing Track or Metronome to just the VoiceLive's headphone output and remove it from the main XLR outputs pretty easily.  This is done in the "Mix" menu, which you access by going to the "Home" screen then tweaking any of the small four knobs below the screen, the "Main Mix" tab affects the two main XLR outputs so you'd just lower either the "Track" or "Metronome" level all the down to "Off" to remove it from the main outs.  The "Headphone Mix" tab obviously adjust the output of the 3.5mm headphone output so just ensure the "Track Level" or "Metronome" level is turned up there so it's heard by your band.  Cheers!

• October 16, 2019
  • Gerdski
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-03
    Hello, I can set a lot of levels in this nice machine, but I haven't found out yet where I adjust the overall voulme level for the complete Preset/Patch. Where is this setting? Yes, I have read the manual :-)
    0 112
    • Gerdski
      kiskadar69 There does not seem to be such a parameter. What is your original problem?
      • July 3, 2020
      • How to set Preset Level in Voicelive 3 Extreme
        Gerdski My original Problem is that I want to set the Presets evenly to avoid volume differences in live performance.
        • July 4, 2020
    • Gerdski
      kiskadar69 I think you need to come up with a workaround.
      • July 4, 2020
      • How to set Preset Level in Voicelive 3 Extreme
        kiskadar69 ..or ask TC-Helicon to include this parameter in the next VoiceLive 3 firmware version.
        • July 4, 2020
    • Gerdski
      FabioValdez in the main screen, turn one of the knobs under the screen and you will get in the level options.
      • July 4, 2020
    • Gerdski
      Gerdski Will try that, thanks!
      • July 5, 2020
  • New
    KennethKohncke
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-09-27

Hi TC Helicon Developers,

I have been using the Play Acoustic for quite a few years now and am finding I have need of more from it.

Here is the challenge I put to you. Come up with a new, closer to fully digital version of the PA.

The problem I have is trying to adjust settings from behind the mic, guitar and PA. I need to be able to hear what the audience is going to hear to make those adjustments confidently. So what I envisage is the PA being able to connect wirelessly to either a phone or tablet (android), or laptop or tablet, (windows). So I can record myself on the looper, then go out into the venue connected to the tablet and be able to make all the changes to settings there. I would like the settings to be more advanced and more user friendly like the way they are generally displayed and adjusted in a daw. In paticular EQ, Comp, Gate.

Would be awesome if you could build it!

Does anyone know of anything like this already on the market?

Cheers, Ken.

read more...
    0 12
    • KennethKohncke
      PedroRodrigues Hi KennethKohncke thank you for your post, it sound like a very cool idea I will forward your proposal to the Dev. Team . Thank you
      • Sep 28
  • New
    BHShooter1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-02

I bought a TC Helicon Harmony G-XT a few months ago.  During my last recording sessions it worked fine.  After writing new songs to record I hooked up the rig and now signal from the microhone to the mixer.  I thought it might be the guitar needed to be hooked up to activate the mic.  The guitar plays through to the mixer, but still no mic. 

Is there some setting that I am missing that is keeping the mic from working?  Does the mic input just stop working?  I have replaced both XLR cables with new ones and still no signal to the mixer.  What am I missing?

read more...
    0 48
    • BHShooter1
      NicJonesMT Hi BHShooter1.
      Sorry to hear you are having issues.
      I think the best option would be to submit a tech support ticket and a member of the team will be able to advise you further.
      If you could provide the following information in your Ticket it would help to Speed things along.

• Can you please detail any other devices that are being used in conjunction and exactly how these are connected to your device? This includes Microphones, Mixers, Computers ETC.
      • Can you please detail how parameters on the device are set?
      • What firmware are you using and have you tried reflashing?
      • Have you tested the device using an alternative audio source?
      • Do you have access to alternative cables?
      • Have you tested the device with an alternative power source?
      • Can you confirm the specifications of the power cable you are using?
      • Are any LED’s or lights on the device lit up or behaving erratically?
      • Do you have a similar device that you can compare the behaviours of?
      • Can you please provide me with a detailed description of how the device is behaving and any other trouble shooting steps that you have undertaken?
      • Is the Issue Intermittent or constant? If it is intermittent is there a specific setting that needs to be used to cause the issue?
      • Jul 3
  • DennisDubeau
    Regular Contributor - Level 1
    2019-08-01

Voicelive Extreme 3 owner here...

Feel left in the dark... No more updates, nothing since the Chineses (See Beringher City in China) have bought TC Helicon. So called Flagship unit payed with top dollars...

As if nothing could be improved...

A good idea with bad support... Probably the "extreme" part of the deal... 

New forum that has more pictures of morons with attitudes than actual solutions for us, real world users...

Former contributions flushed... I say that part is LAME, to remain polite...

read more...
    0 527
    • DennisDubeau
      coreysound

Not a very constructive post... I have a tc helicon voicelive rack that I love. Mine says made in thailand. How is that any better or worse than china? Where's your smart phone made? How about computer? 

• August 1, 2019
    • DennisDubeau
      PetGerbil

Not wrong though, except maybe It should be "Since Uli Behringer bought TC-helicon..."

Were only here to be milked.

• August 1, 2019
    • DennisDubeau
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @DennisDubeau,
      What are some features that you feel are missing from VoiceLive 3?  You kind of make it sound like you purchased the product expecting more than what you received, so I'm curious as to what you're missing.  Not making any promising as our engineers are busy working on new gear, but still I'd like to hear your thoughts explained a little further.

Just to put this in context, the VoiceLive 3 released in 2014.  The most recent major firmware update for VL3 was in September 2017 (which was well after our acquisition), and the most recent preset update was just last week.

• August 2, 2019
    • DennisDubeau
      DennisDubeau

Hi Spencer...

Nice to read you AGAIN!

1) The ability to rename STEPS other than STEP 1, STEP 2... etc...!!

2) A replacement warranty for that IN-EAR guitar cable.. This should last MORE than 4 months in my book...

3) Redesign of that forum... The usual contributors seem to have quitted... 

• August 5, 2019
  • AlanCraigie
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-10-26

The midi light comes on showing that the vl3x is receiving but the program number I am trying to switch to comes up for a fraction of a second (or sometimes not at all) and quickly returns to preset #1.

0 30
  • New
    Tonyvnacil
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-19

I have a TC Helicon Voicelive play unit that seems to have a short in the footswitch. i need it fixed as soon as possible be fore my next gig,

0 44
    • Tonyvnacil
      Nigel67 Hi Tony, please send us a Service Ticket and we will raise an RMA for repair. This can be done by clicking on the support tab at the top of the page. A new window will open. Scroll down and click on the Service tab and submit a ticket. A colleague will then get back to you with an RMA number and advise the local service centre to you. If it is urgent I would suggest calling the Repair Centre that they tell you to send the unit to and ask if they can turn it around quickly for you.
      • Jul 19
  • Robert_Dusemund
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-09-12

Hi ya all!

I wonder if I have a Critical Mass Stomp box behind a HarmonySinger pedal, and what effect it will have. Usually you sing directly into the CM pedal and get a unison choir. Can CM turn a three-part, three-man choir (from the HarmonySinger) into a 3-part mass choir? Or will come out in the end only vocal mud? Or more simple: Can Critical Mass handle harmonized voices or only single ones.

hopefully Robert

read more...
    0 225
    • Robert_Dusemund
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @Robert_Dusemund,
      I just tried running a Harmony Singer 2 into a Critical Mass and I gotta I'm surprised it sounded as good as it did.  I was fully expecting vocal mud but the Critical Mass seems to handle 3-part harmony without a problem, it actually did sound like a choir.  I guess in hindsight it kind of makes sense, since there's no interpretation going on in Critical Mass - it only adds unison and octave voices.  To me the first 4 "Melodic" settings on the Critical Mass sounded best, but that'll probably be subjective.  One tip if you do decide to try this out, have Tone active only on the Harmony Singer and not on the Critical Mass, Tone only needs one instance in a signal chain and it works best at the front of the chain.  Anyways, great idea and I'm impressed with the results.  If you're still on the fence feel free to share some test audio (Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.) and I could record what it sounds like through the two pedals.  Cheers!

• October 1, 2019
  • GEORGIADREAMER
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-01-18

I have just come upon the 'Duplicator.' I own the Harmony Singer 2 and I would appreciate it if someone who has or is using both would give me some information as to 'why' I might add the 'Duplicator' to my inventory. I also own a 'Mic Mechanic 2' as well as the Voice Live and VoiceLive Touch. I am 75 and have been playing since almost before electricity. I play acoustic 'enhanced guitar and other stringed instruments. Being 'plugged in' is a relatively new experience or me, but I love it and am an Ardent TC-Helicon user and owner. I  would appreciate your info. THANKS, Adriaan

read more...
    0 433
    • GEORGIADREAMER
      TCHelicon-Tad

Hey GeorgiaDreamer,

Well, I'm not sure if you have the first Voicelive Touch or one of the later iterations, but a Voicelive 2 could replicate almost all of those pedals at once. So, if you have a Voicelive 2, it might be redundant. But there's additional benefits of the device being smaller, newer, and dedicated to doing that one effect. 

If you have a very specific set you are planning, it could be much simpler and easier to use the three pedals rather than navigating through the Voicelive Menu system while performing. Additionally, what the Harmony Singer does is quite similar to the duplicator, but it's important to note that the Harmony Singer pedal can't emulate the Duplicator.

Harmony Singer will double your voice, but it will take those additional voices and modify the octave up or down. There is no option for unison mode, where the octave doesn't change. That's where the Duplicator comes in. It has EQ and compression built in, just like all of our pedals, so you're voice will sound better whether you use the effect or not. But, the Duplicator adds two more voices and lets you keep it at unison mode, send the voices up 1 and down 1 octave, or slightly shift the mode between octaves and unison until you find the right balance for you. Lastly, there is some pitch correction and reverb built into the duplicator, so there is some redundancy with the Mic Mechanic, but if you plug into the Mechanic first, then the duplicator or Singer, you shouldn't have any issues. 

Hope that helps!

• January 21, 2020
  • cowbell-fever
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-07-04

Hi I'm a guitar player and recently purchased a TC Helicon Talkbox Synth about 2 months back, I have a classic Tube talkbox but wanted to get away from tube/microphone set up, after extensive research I like the Talkbox synth simplicity and pedal format - but in practice it is not a simple effect to use the way it is currently configured. 

My main concern with this product versus the regular talkbox is the ability to sustain notes when not vocalizing or talking into the mic.

My band plays Sweet Emotion by Aerosmith and the talkbox effect sound is good, but I cannot talk into the Microphone to trigger the talkbox synth for 40 seconds without taking a breath - is there a way to add a note sustain feature for a second or 2 seconds? 

When using a regular talk box you have the Tube in your month and can play guitar and breath as needed and it will produce the talkbox sound, with the Talkbox synth if you are not talking into the mic or breathing the sound cuts out - not ideal and it's very abrupt. 

read more...
    0 274
    • cowbell-fever
      TomALang

Good suggestion. I totally get where you're coming from and a hold feature would be useful for those long notes. I'll put a note in regarding it as we go forward with new products and implementations.

• July 5, 2019
Go to page