Statistics

254,617 members
132,320 posts
  • New
    jeaves726
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-27

I just bought a Perform V about a week ago.  After hooking it up, there is a ground hum (about 80 hertz) coming out of it that I can't get rid of.   Here are a few notes about the setup:

Shure ULXD24/KSM9 > Perform V > Mixer (input>onboard compressor>onboard EQ).

1.  The input is all the way down and distorts if I turn up the gain at all.  I've trimmed down the gain coming out of the wireless receiver and it is working ok as far as input/distortion.

2.  I've swapped out the mic cables and checked wiring to make sure it isn't a problem with the cables.  Same result with all cables.

3.  It seems to be slightly less prevalent after a reset of the unit.  As soon any presets are loaded, it gets worse.  This is the case even without the preset being selected or HIT being on.  

4.  In order to get the mic up to an acceptable level on our sound system, we have to turn up the gain/fader which in turn amplifies the hum.  

5.  The firmware is updated to the most current version.  

Can anyone help?  Could this be a line/mic level signal problem?  It's a pretty neat little unit and I want to use it, but the hum makes it useless.

read more...
    0 43
    • jeaves726
      PedroRodrigues Hi jeaves726 thank you for your contact, I would suggest to confirm that you have the 48V (Phantom Power) activated and also confirming the type Mic control is set up on this unit . On another point it may be useful to test a wired microphone with this unit to confirm that the input is operating correctly and the wireless signal is not causing any issues on any signal stage specially on the Roomsense onboard microphone. For last as a general check please confirm that all your cables are in good conditions and that you are using the supplied PSU.
      • Jul 28
    • jeaves726
      jeaves726 It's amazing how little info is out there on this unit. I was able to figure it out though. If you are an end user, I would be careful about the trouble shooting given here. Phantom power was absolutely wrong for the setup I detailed in the original comment. Most of the rest didn't apply.

Ultimately, I was able to figure it out. The unit is not equipped to accept a line level signal (as I suspected). I switched the ULXD receiver to mic level and started adjusting the gain on the unit. There is no option to pad or switch the Perform V so if you don't have a mic level signal, you are out of options.
      • Jul 30
  • TonyFry
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-03-10

I've posted about this before and never really got a satisfactory answer, so I'm hoping for a better result this time. I want to record loops to a particular preset so I can integrate it into live performance. The problem is that I record a loop, save it to (say) preset 20, which is fine. However, the saved loop is then on every preset, which is completely useless.......
    Then, when the loop is erased, it comes back when the VL3 is switched off and back on again. 
    Someone suggested saving to a different slot within the loop but this doesn't work either. I want to save maybe 50 different loops to 50 different presets and I'm pulling my hair out trying to find a resolution. Can anyone help? Please ......?

read more...
    0 196
    • TonyFry
      TCH-Rob

What are your slot settings in the "looper" menu? Loops aren't saved to presets, but to one of the 50 loop slots; each loop slot saves loops A, B, and C. You can change your loop slot using the preset up down switches in the "UTIL" page in the looper. If you save the preset it will store the loop slot you had selected. 

What likely happened is you had the same loop slot selected on multiple presets. Once you saved a loop to that slot, that loop was also selected on those presets. 

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions!  

• March 11, 2020
    • TonyFry
      TonyFry

Hi TCH-Rob,

Many thanks for this. I’m kind of discovering this for myself. I got hold of the latest User Manual for the VL3 yesterday and it has a much better section on the subject than the older manual I was trying to work from.

I’ve got the basic gist of it (I think) but I do have a question. If I start to save slots to particular presets, should I leave slot 1 free for looping “on the fly” for other presets that don’t have any saved loops?

• March 11, 2020
    • TonyFry
      TCH-Rob

Hi @TonyFry ,

I think that's a great idea; I'd probably leave slot 1 open because that's the slot that most presets default to.

• March 12, 2020
    • TonyFry
      TonyFry

hI @TCH-Rob 

Hope you're well in these difficult times. I have a further question. I've been trying to use the Onsong midi capability to change the Step (according to the VL3 CC list it's CC No 115 plus a value that equals the required step number) but it doesn't seem to work. All other program changes work well via midi but i cant get this CC to work. Is there a VL3 setting that would enable this feature or does it just not work? The CC controls work well with other equipment such as BeatBuddy, so I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong?

Look forward to your reply.

Best wishes, and stay healthy.

• March 30, 2020
    • TonyFry
      TCH-Rob

@TonyFry I've reached out to our testing team about this; that isn't regular behaviour, hopefully it isn't an issue with your indiviual unit!

• March 31, 2020
  • New
    edd1e
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-13

What is the power input for Perform VG?

0 47
  • bearaby
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-05-07

Can I connect the Perform V to my Allen & Heath mixer's Stereo input to add the Perform V as my effects processor for all mics instead of just one mic? The way I understand it, the Stereo Channel 4 on my mixer is designed to add an external effects processor into my effects channel for control; I guess you could have the mixer internal and external effects both being used. Is there some type of XLR output to Stereo channel cable that can do this?

read more...
    0 45
  • New
    rbv7
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-01

Hi,

I can't hear the metronome all of a sudden on my PA speakers. I've checked all levels on the main mix and still none. Please help!  Thanks 

0 12
  • chrishair
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-03-04

Hi there I am experiencing a problem with the above product and wondering if anyone has any advice.

The PA speaker I am using with the pedal does not have an XLR input, only a 1/4 jack input. Therefore I am connecting the pedal from a Sure SM58 to XLR into pedal, then XLR to 1/4 jack cable out of pedal and into speaker. I am getting a loud noise accompanying the desired effect. I have since tried the pedal using only XLR cables into a different system and the problem disappears.

So as it seems that the noise is caused by using an XLR to 1/4 jack cable as opposed to only XLR, I'm wondering if there are any work arounds / solutions to this problem which would allow me to use this pedal with a PA with only line inputs. I have tried both balanced and unbalanced 1/4 cables and the noise is there with both.

Thanks in advance for any help / advice

Chris

read more...
    0 121
    • chrishair
      TCH-Rob

@chrishair are you finding you need to boost the volume a lot on the current PA? Generally you need to put your mic through a pre-amp, which the mic mechanic doesn't have. If you're going directly into a PA and not using a mic preamp, this could add noise when you boost your mic volume using the PA volume. 

• March 4, 2020
  • JohnShelley
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-02-12

Imported some tracks.  Noticed for the first time XIST message.  What does this mean?  Does it mean the track exists already?  If so does it overwrite?

0 104
  • rpromans13
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-09-21

Folks- I love using my Play Acoustic during gigs, but like much of my unused brain power, I KNOW there's a tonne of unused awesomeness in my Play Acoustic.

My problem is that I'm just not that good at pulling knowledge out of countless YouTube video tutorials (mostly because the instructor spends too much time yapping and I loose my patience, then jump to another video).  
    I'd (and I bet others) spend $$$ to attend a workshop that takes folks who already are comfortable looping and harmonizing, but want to get really hands instruction on from the experts (YOU FOLKS)!

What do you think?

Regards,

Rob

read more...
    0 50
    • rpromans13
      PedroRodrigues Hi Robert Romans, Please be aware that we do have our TC HELICON channel on YOUTUBE that is pretty great but I understand what you mean and to be honest I think is a great Idea but I will forward this idea to management. Thank you
      • September 21, 2020
  • New
    Tomhealy531
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-03

I'm having issues adding backtracks to my VOICE LIVE 3 EXTEME.

instead of using an MP3 I'm using ONSONG. 

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks 

0 55
    • Tomhealy531
      PedroRodrigues Hi Tom, please be aware that the USB flash drive needs to be formatted using the FAT32 file system. NTFS, HFS+ (the OS X file system) or other file systems cannot be read by VL3X.
      Instructions for formatting a USB flash drive with FAT32 can be found here:

wikihow.com/Format-FAT32

Your VL3X can only import MP3 or WAV audio files. (16 bit 48KHZ)
      Insert the USB flash stick into your computer and drag/drop your Backing Tracks onto the drive. You can also use a file manager application.
      Make sure to copy all audio files to the root directory of the flash drive. That means you should not put audio files into folders or subfolders. Your VL3X will not find these files.
      Insert the USB flash drive stick into the USB Host Port on VL3X.
      Your VL3X will recognize all valid audio files in the root directory of the flash drive and make them available for import.
      Press the Store button once.
      Use the arrow buttons below the Control Knob to navigate to the TRACK IMPORT tab.
      • Jan 5
  • New
    boboog19
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-06-10

Hello

Talk box synth has crackling that comes and goes when using with an electrovoice mic.....and is fine when i use a shure.  Sometimes when the crackling happens the talkbox switch indicator flickers and lights up for a moment.  Swapped out all of my cables and is still an issue.

read more...
    0 54
Go to page