Statistics

306,010 members
190,355 posts
  • New
    alanmccann
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-09-07

Hi:

I have been looking to buy a VoiceLive 3 Extreme for a few months. I have had an order in place with one site (who was predicting 6-8 weeks availability from when I placed the order in early July) and have signed up for availability notifications from 2 others. I have chatted online with all three and though they were giving estimates two months ago, they are now saying that have no predicted dates for availability after saying they thought shipments were imminent. 

I saw in a previous thread where the TC-Helicon rep recommended talking to the retailers who sell them to get supply information from them.  

The retailers are telling me they don't have any stock and have no idea when they will be getting more in stock.

Can you shed any light on the supply situation?

Thanks

Alan

read more...
    0 7
    • alanmccann
      alanmccann Of course, just as I post this, I get a notification from the retailer that I had ordered with that my order is being shipped to today (after being told this morning that they didn't have any stock and didn't know when stock was coming in). I'm excited !
      • Sep 7
  • New
    Jasonphelan82
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-08-02

Hi all,

I am trying to use the Quintessence (recently picked one up 2nd hand) to play this middle eight to Mr Crowley.

If I set the pedal to: 
    Key: F

Scale: Ionian

Harmony: -3

(Recording starting at 3:19)

The first 3 licks work really well and are in key.

I am hoping there is a way that I can press the Mash button for the 4th lick where I play:

Me:                                        E,   F,  G, A, G,  F,  E

Harmony the pedal produces:  C, D, E,  F,  E, D, C

Harmony I want:                  Db, D, E,  F,  E, D, Db

The Db is not 'in key' - is there a way to get the pedal to bend the harmony to that note (or change keys midway through a passage - ie. engage the mash which changes the whole key/scale?

I have done some Youtube searches and the videos I have seen showing people playing through the Quintessence but not an indepth review of how to use the App for the quintessence. the app for this (for me at least) doesn't seem that intuitive.

read more...
    0 7
    • Jasonphelan82
      Jasonphelan82 my fall back is to turn the pedal off and manually play that line. But would be good to know if the pedal can do it - and hopeful I will learn how to use the ToneEditor program in the process.
      • Aug 2
    • Jasonphelan82
      Jasonphelan82 ok, I think through trial and error I managed to figure it out. I ended up setting the Key to D Aeolian then set the Mash function (which in itself was a bunch of trial and error) to 'Custom Scale' Harmonic Minor - so it is effectively D Harm Min - that is doing the trick! aye curumba......some better online tutorials would be useful.
      • Aug 2
  • New
    Herb1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-07-13

Hi Everyone, 

Does any one know of a underboard multiple 9V power supply (like the Styrmon Ojai or Truetone 1spot) that has 600mA in at least one of its power outputs to provide power to the TC Plethora X5 which is 600mA?

Can only seem to find ones that are 500mA or below have checked all major brands - or is there another solution I maybe missing to neaten up power to Plethora and pedals all in one under pedalboard

read more...
    0 26
    • Herb1
      PedroRodrigues Hi Herb1, we always advised the to use the original PSU supplied with your Plethora X5 that supplies the unit with a standard 5.5 / 2.1 mm 9 VDC, centre negative > 600 mA. Effectively I also did some research and I was not able to find a multiple power supply that offers more than 600 mA as the Plethora X5 requires.
      • Jul 14
      • >600mA power supply for Plethora X5
        Herb1 Hi Pedro
        • ·
        • Jul 14
        Herb1 Thank you for your fast reply, ok thanks - was trying to find a longer cable than the orginal PSU and also only have the one power lead heading into the pedal board.
        • ·
        • Jul 14
        Herb1 I did just find that new Ciok DC7 power supplyto have 660mA outlets would this be suitable to use?
        • ·
        • Jul 14
        jlcaze Yes I use the DC7 with the plethora. It works fine.
        • Jul 20
    • Herb1
      AZCoyoteGear There are also some cables that combine two outputs to add their output together so two 300 can be used to sum up to the 600
      • Jul 15
    • Herb1
      karl1672 I use a mini ISO brick (MXR) that has an available 9V / 800 ma output - works great with my X5
      • Oct 13
  • New
    SlimDude
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-12-27

When will 4.4 be available for IOS so I can start playing around with the new effects in Plethora X5 like Phaser and Vibe?

1 89
  • New
    RobYates1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-15

Can someone share a link to the 1.2 update settings for midi control or just share them?  I am looking just to be able to toggle up and down on through the boards, possible do tap temp if that was updated. I am new to midi, still learning, but it seems like TC info is tough to come by. 

Thanks

Rob

read more...
    0 79
    • RobYates1
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi Rob, the firmware release notes found in the software tab of the product page will give you some basic information on the new MIDI features that have been implemented. For a complete mapping table of all MIDI CC controllable
      features, navigate to:
      SETTINGS > GLOBAL > MIDI > CC TABLE

https://www.tcelectronic.com/tcelectronic/product?modelCode=P0D9M
      • April 14, 2021
    • RobYates1
      RobYates1

Super helpful link! Doesn’t look like a tap tempo yet, but maybe next update.
      Thanks!

• April 15, 2021
  • Progman88
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-13
    Recently purchased HK Triamp mk 1. Would like to Switch the cannels (6) via midi function of the g System. Cannot realise ist at present! Need help or impossible? Henning
    0 101
    • Progman88
      WilliamR Hello, I can help you out with this. At the top of this page, click Support -> Care -> Create a Care Ticket and select Type: Service Request. Make sure that you enter all required (*) data before clicking Submit. The Care team will respond by email
      • July 13, 2020
  • New
    NTurnbull
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-08-07

Hi there TC/Music Tribe, 

When should we expect a 64-bit capable version of the TC Icon Editor app for our TC 6000 MKII devices that cost us well in excess of $10K? 

Cheers

0 11
    • NTurnbull
      PedroRodrigues Hi NTurnbull Thank you for your post, please ponder that the SYSTEM 6000 is an end of life product, nevertheless we are analysing the options of all the SYSTEM 6000 resources moving forward. Thank you
      • Aug 9
      • When should we expect an update to the TC 6000 Icon Editor application?
        NTurnbull It is nice to know that the Music Tribe is living up to its reputation of ruthless self-interest. You'll happily keep selling software licenses for the TC System 6000 on the TC Electronics webstore... but updating the free app that is central to so many heavily invested users workflows? That is too hard.

Are you going to refund me the money for the TC System 6000 licenses that you have sold to me while the TC System 6000 has been an end-of-life product?
        • ·
        • Aug 9
      • When should we expect an update to the TC 6000 Icon Editor application?
        PedroRodrigues Hi NTurnbull, thank you for your post, please ponder that the SYSTEM 6000 ICON Editor will only operate on 32-bit Operating Systems and at this moment we cannot provide any information on the release of the 64-bit version. When operating on a 64-bit environment, we usually suggest to use a emulation tool that will allow a 32-bit application to run on 64-bit environment. The other option will be to use a REMOTE CPU and ICON instead of the software editor and having a standard SYSTEM 6000 implementation. In any of the suggestions provided above all SYSTEM 6000 licenses to be fully operational and available for you to use. I hope this helps. Thank you
        • Aug 9
  • New
    wpsellers
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-08

Hey Folks,

I just got my PlethoraX5 yesterday and been having a blast.  I noticed that in the manual that it specified to only use the supplied TC Electronics power supply.  Can I safely use the PlethoraX5 ith a 1Spot Trutone Power Supply?

Here is a link to the power supply

Model:  NW1-US
    Input:  100-240V ~ 50/60Hz 0.35A
    Output:  9V --- 1700mA (Max.)

Juuuuust making sure.  Also, every once-in-a-while, I get the Plethora "lock up" on booting.  Does this happen from time to time?  I'm attaching some pics.

Also, is there a "clean" way to power the unit off?   Or, just kill power to it.  (Newbie question...)

THANKS SO MUCH EVERYONE. -- Just want to make sure I don't screw anything up with my new purchase.
    Will

read more...
    0 179
    • wpsellers
      PedroRodrigues Hi wpsellers please consider that you must use the supplied TC Electronics PSU supplied to avoid any issue with your unit. I will leave you below a full process for the "lock up on booting mode " issue you have mentioned, for that please follow the link below: https://wsi.li/dl/TSvjtrYo4GiWD3PLg/ When it comes to any questions for your unit I would suggest to follow the link below to access a great guide for the PLETHORA X5 https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/articles/tc-helicon-plethora-x5-quickstart-guide/
      • August 8, 2021
      • 1Spot - Trutone Power Supply w/PlethoraX5
        wpsellers Thanks.... My firmware is at the 1.2.... The document file says its for: "HOTFIX for PLETHORA X5 units with 1.0 firmware stuck in boot mode" ---Also I never used that version of the TonePrint app, detailed in the doc. Just making sure. It doesn't lock up all of the time----and when it does, I power cycle and usually boots right back up. I'd assume that I would apply the patch....then, Update back to 1.2? THANKS SO MUCH....
        • ·
        • August 8, 2021
      • 1Spot - Trutone Power Supply w/PlethoraX5
        wpsellers On the PSU issue... Are there any "approved" 3rd party PSUs? Just curious about what people do who have pedal boards with PSU's mounted under their boards, etc, etc. For me at home, the PSU thing is not an issue; however, if I start gigging-----and build a pedalboard with a nice PSU, would I be OK plugging the Plethora into it? Again, THANKS SO MUCH!
        • August 8, 2021
    • wpsellers
      PedroRodrigues

Hi wpsellers please consider that we cannot advise any 3rd party PSU noR we have approved any, in this case I would suggest research and caution when testing the PSU's on your unit. In regard to the issue you have reported I would suggest re-installing version 1.2 but please follow the guidance present on the Firmware Release Notes Version 1.2 that you can access by following the link below :https://www.tcelectronic.com/tcelectronic/product?modelCode=P0D9M Thank you

• August 8, 2021
  • Zebrapup
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-11

I have a voodoo lab power supply. The supplies are 500 milliamperes. This plethora unit appears to be a 600 milliamperes draw. Will the voodoo lab voltage supply work with the plethora?

0 1,044
    • Zebrapup
      Nigel67 Hi Kevin, we do advise using a power supply with the correct specification. Using anything less, could affect the operation of the unit. Standard 5.5 / 2.1 mm 9 VDC, centre negative, > 600 mA (included)
      • October 11, 2020
    • Zebrapup
      betaray Hi You can use a cloks dc7 or the eventide powermax they can supply power up to 660ma that's what I use
      • October 20, 2020
    • Zebrapup
      MProvencher1

Anything less the 600ma will cause the unit to overheat and reboot constantly has been my experience.

• Jan 13
  • New
    Herb1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-08-08

Hi all,

Is is possible to plug the TC Plethora X5 using the Cab Sim function and stereo outs into a DI 1/4" plug converting it to XLR which then runs straight to a digital mixing desk for front of house?

Or do you need to use a preamp before the DI unit?

read more...
    0 12
Go to page