Statistics

234,317 members
109,982 posts
  • New
    barytoe123
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2021-05-08

Does TC Helicon make any device to power VL Touch 2 when mains power is unavailable. 
    I would like to use it with a battery powered PA in situations where there is no power.

0 16
    • barytoe123
      JoeRivers96 Hi - unfortunately not. We would not recommend powering this from anything other than mains supply using the original power supply.
      • May 8
  • fenderguy
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-31

Will installing caster mounts on my cabinets void warrarnty ?

0 16
    • fenderguy
      AlexLane I suspect it would void warranty as it's making a modification to the cabinet.

This could potentially cause rattling sounds and compromise the structural integrity of the cabinet anyway.

Better idea, make a wheel board, you can just ratchet strap this to the speaker and remove when the speaker is in use.
      • August 3, 2020
  • New
    leondietsch
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-19

Hi!

We are currently using X-Touch to control a single mixbus on our X32 via Xctl to create a dedicated live stream mix.

It works great so far but a big problem are the missing channel labels.
    Instead of displaying the channel names it shows if the channels are pre/post when in link mode.  

Is there a way to just display the channel names? It is cumbersome, having to switch between global and link view, just to see the channel labels.

read more...
    0 16
  • Georgestanley
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-08-01
    Hi everyone, I was setting and storing my set list in my favorites genre and all of a sudden I get a message that says lengthy banks clean up will accure, see manual to clean memory..... But there is nothing in the manual to show me how and I realy don't want to loose the presets that I made. Also the favorites now only go up to 21 then jumps straight to161. Please help! I have 1.2.00 firmware
    read more...
    0 16
    • Georgestanley
      AlexLane You need to connect to VS2 and back up your settings.

With the Favourites you just need to go through and set Presets as favourites as required. Just need to push the Favourite button on each one.

With regard to the Clean Memory thing, Im guessing its just a matter of having a bit too much running on there, Not massively sure on that one, I will try and find out for you.

Could be worth just going through and wiping any preset you are not using to clear the memory up a bit?
      • August 3, 2020
    • Georgestanley
      AlexLane @WilliamR Can probably help here
      • August 3, 2020
  • New
    DonnieBruce
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-11-06

We recently updated our X32 to version 4 and as with most updates nothing looked the same and there was a moment of fear when we realized that the backup that we had stored on a flash drive wasn't as recent as it should have been ( actually months old).  One of our crew has had to much time on his hands with the covid slowdown and jumped the gun without backing things up the day on the install.  Our X32 is hooked to S32. We have 11 bus mixes to individual IEM and a mix for stage wedges and a mix for the drums. All of our inputs on stage came back, but for some reason the output for the monitors didn't click. On initial install we had got some help from here so I didn't hesitate to come back for more help. One of the new features of version 4 is 1 to 1 user patching. No more groupings of 8 at a time. You can now set channels in and out one at a time.. We chose to go ahead with that routing since we had the option.  After sending a request to one of the moderators that had helped before, I had an answer in a couple of days that took care of my routing issues.    All this is to preface a couple of things. First  backup ...backup ...backup. 

Second. These are a great group of people that are here for you. People who are like me and you that have learned from their mistakes, but have chosen to go an extra mile and share their experiences and time to make our lives a bit easier. 

Lastly. Don't ever be afraid to ask for help. There is always someone here for you. Whether it's a moderator or just somebody that came here for a different reason and happens to see your problem and knows a possible solution. One thing you can know for sure. Always pay it forward, it always comes back when you help someone.

read more...
    2 16
  • catman2u
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-26

My subnup is connect to a powerstrip that I tun on all my pedals at once.

For some reason NOW when I power it the pedal turns on the octaver as if I pressed the pedal so then I always have to turn it off now?

Is there a factory reset?

read more...
    0 16
    • catman2u
      Nigel67 Hi, unfortunately not. All I can suggest is that you try re-installing the software. if this doesn't work, then I would suggest going to the support tab at the top of the page and submitting a Technical help ticket. Have you tried a different power supply just to rule that out?
      • August 28, 2020
  • New
    kdsch
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-13

I have two synthesizers, a Korg Minilogue and a Moog Prodigy, which provide unbalanced line-level signals with 1/4" (TS connector) outputs. I have only 1/4" TRS cables. These work fine with another USB audio interface whose instrument input is specified as TS (and thus must be unbalanced).

The quickstart guide for UMC1820 does not specify whether its instrument/line inputs are balanced or unbalanced. When I use a TRS cable to connect my unbalanced instruments to UMC1820, the signal is weak and the frequency response is not flat; it sounds tinny and harsh, with low frequencies attenuated and high frequencies boosted. This signal quality is present both in recordings and in the headphone mix, even when the interface is not connected to a computer via USB. I strongly doubt that it is a software issue.

At first, I assumed the unexpected weak signal and tilted frequency response was due to a faulty input channel. However, when I try another device, a Korg Electribe S, the signal sounds as expected. Unfortunately, the Electribe S also doesn't specify whether its outputs are balanced or unbalanced. However, it is a stereo device with one TRS connector for each component of the stereo signal, so it is possible that it provides a balanced output.

I would like to know the correct way to connect an unbalanced, line-level signal to the UMC1820.

Possible ideas:

1. Use a TS cable for unbalanced instruments. If the UMC1820 has balanced line/inst inputs, then this interconnect will ensure that the ring signal is grounded and not open.

2. Use a direct box to convert the unbalanced signal to balanced.

As I am not in a position to try either of these without making a purchase, I'd like to know in advance if they are likely to solve the problem.

read more...
    0 16
    • kdsch
      kdsch I wired up a custom TRS cable that acts like a TS; ring shorted to sleeve. This seemed to fix the frequency response issue. Assuming the unit is not faulty, It also suggests that the UMC1820 instrument/line inputs are balanced. I have requested a replacement unit from the retailer to rule out the unit being defective.

The signal has a pretty high noise floor compared to my other interface, so if this behavior turns out not to be due to a manufacturing defect, I'll be looking for a solution with more dynamic range.
      • May 14
    • kdsch
      kdsch The replacement unit arrived today. Upon testing, it exhibited the same behavior in every respect. I conclude that neither unit is defective.

What I've learned is that I want a pretty low noise floor and that it's very important to read specifications before making a purchase. The level and quality of details in specifications seem to give an idea about the quality of the product.
      • May 15
  • Joeoverfeltmusic99
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-30

I have tired for the past three hours to update my firmware but it will not update. All my other IQ speakers will update but this one wont.... Any ideas why? 

0 16
    • Joeoverfeltmusic99
      DavidKnighton Hello Joeoverfeltmusic99.
      Silly question, but is the speaker already on the latest firmware? Double check in the UI what firmware is installed.
      • September 1, 2020
      • I can not update my IQ15B Subs Firmware.... any ideas?
        Joeoverfeltmusic99 It shows 2.1 but I thought the new was 2.2 I’m confused
        • September 1, 2020
        DavidKnighton 2.2 is the latest firmware for this model. Sometimes it takes a minute for the computer to recognize the USB connection upon start up. If you try executing too early in the process, it might not even see the device. Try to give 1 minute after start up.
        • September 3, 2020
        DavidKnighton you could also open CMD prompt on Windows and drag the .exe file into the prompt. That has the same effect of double clicking the file, but you can usually see some feedback at the same time.
        • September 3, 2020
  • New
    RickLeppa
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-15

i recently purchased the x touch one, and all was working fine for about 4 weeks, now suddenly it wont connect automaticly when i launch my DAW and once i manually connect it sort of works, mainly the bank button isnt working at all so i cant switch banks...i am using it with a PC and my daw is studio one 4.6....any sugestions??

read more...
    0 16
    • RickLeppa
      Crisupp I dont know if this helps but when i first start my daw(cubase) i then select it on my x touch.. stop and pot together then select cubase, i expect a setting in there for youre daw, also have you updated the firmware, happy to help if i can?
      • May 16
  • Alexis2904
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-23

mi bafle silencia los medios y solo suenas los agudos y despues vuelven a sonar los medios y asi se la lleva

0 15
    • Alexis2904
      AlexLane I am not sure google translate coped with this sentence correctly, however it sounds to me like you need to contact our support team.

Click "Support" at the top of the page, select "create a care ticket" then "technical support". Make sure you fill out all the details marked with an asterix, Thanks!
      • August 24, 2020
Go to page