Statistics

261,468 members
140,199 posts
  • Psalm_144
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-06-07

@Anonymousor any other GoXLR geniuses.

I've used 2 different microphones. One was a 3.5mm and the other an XLR condensor mic. I set the mics up using the mic setup in the system menu (I think thats where it is) and my mic input volume is in the "good" range when speaking normally. Compression is set relatively low, probably close to default value, and the same can be said for the de-esser. I have the gate set to cut out the static/hissing until I speak (maybe around 30db) but to be expected, I hear it all plain as day when I speak. It's not louder than my voice, but it's easily heard. I can also hear my controller and keyboard clicks, and I can't touch the mic at all or that is picked-up. However, I think this just may be the mic itself and not the mixer.

Another detail that may or may not help: Even with the volume set high with the slider, my mic volume is very low. At least on PC anyway. Everyone in my chat party can hear me just fine, but when using voice recorder, or in stream, my voice is quiet. In windows settings, mic volume is at 100%. I also had to boost mic volume in Discord to max. I've had to boost it about 25db in OBS to hear myself clearly. But, of course, the boosts the static/hissing louder as well.

Any recommendations? Changes?

Thank you all!

Travis

read more...
    0 8,428
  • Artc1688
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-03-18

I followed the video instruction of GoXLR and love it... but when i shut down my computer the GoXLR does not turn off like the rest of my connected devices.   Given I did not find the power button and I unplugged the power cable.   When I turn on the Computer & GoXLR next morning, nothing is working!!  Arrrggg   

what am I doing wrong?? Plz help

read more...
    0 7,302
    • Artc1688
      Total_Ecl1ps3

Hi,

I had the same issue myself. The GoXLR does not have a power button to shut it down, and it will stay on when you power down your PC.

You can however go around this issue in two ways as I know of:

1. If you want to disable the lights on the device while you're asleep / away from the PC:

• Make sure to save your current settings in the GoXLR app. You can do this by clicking one of the profiles in the profile list, then click the "Save" icon at the bottom of the Profiles area. Note that this will overwrite the profile you selected;

• If you want to make a new profile with your current settings, click the "Create new profile" button next to the save button. You'll get the option to either create a new profile with the default settings, or create the new profile with the settings that are currently in use.

• There should be a profile in the GoXLR App named "Sleep", you can double-click this profile to make it active.

• This will discard the settings you had applied before you activated the Sleep profile, so make sure to save as described above.

• When you want to re-enable the GoXLR, simply open the GoXLR app and double-click the profile you created earlier.

2. If you actually want to completely power down the device;

• Make sure to save your current profile as described in 1. above.

• Power down your PC as you'd normally do, then unplug the GoXLR power supply.

• You should be able to plug the device back in and power up the PC when you need it.

• Note that the profile sometimes has a tendency to not load automatically when the GoXLR App starts. You will then need to manually switch to your profile by double-clicking it in the GoXLR app.

Quick video intro on profiles: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7IToJJyCB0

Final note: The feature to automatically turn off the GoXLR device when you shut down your PC has been noted in the #new-features-being-added channel in the TC Helicon Gaming Discord server. However the timeline comment is "No ETA, but high on the priority list.", so I'm not sure when this will be available.

Here's the link to the Discord if you want to take a look:

https://discord.me/helicongaming

• March 20, 2020
  • Reverence
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-07-13

So I set everything up for the GoXLR and I'll run audio through it and the audio cuts out intermittently. Like the audio stutters.

I've removed drivers that could interfere, tried a different cable, tried different USB ports, uninstalled and reinstalled the GoXLR drivers and app, and restarted multiple times.

The issue still persists no matter what I do. Is it possible I got a bad unit or am I missing something?

read more...
    0 5,796
    • Reverence
      BlueFeather

I am having these same issues

• March 11, 2020
    • Reverence
      HellBoy

Did you ever find the problem? Mine is also cutting out with my mouse scroll wheel, or when I go full screen on sites. I just purchased this GOXLR and i havent found ANY troubleshooting for this problem.

• April 28, 2020
    • Reverence
      AndySutton

I am having the same problem.  About every 16-30 minutes, all audio will cut out.  I do a weekly radio show.  

The device is plugged in via USB.  I connect the device to my various audio sources and mid way through a stream I will have a gap of 9 - 33 frames of silence.  The fader LCD's drop on the inputs, all apart from the Line In which I set to monitor the output of another PC so I can check I am on air.

I have checked my BIOS, I have updated all drivers for the GOXLR and removed any audio drivers that are not in use.  The only thing I have not tried is a complete rebuild of windows 10.  

I have audio examples of this due to the fact that it happens every time I send my audio out on stream.  I have measured the gaps in premiere and they are not the same duration.  I have also asked on Discord server and they told me to check my Bios which I did.  It still happens.  I tried another port.  It still happens.  Any help to sort this out would be great.  The idea of this device is perfect, but I just need to find out if it's my hardware or the GoXLR.  This only happens when the GOXLR is active.  I never have a problem streaming music normally when the PC is not in the studio.

Many thanks.

Andy.

• May 6, 2020
    • Reverence
      NicJonesMT

Hi @AndySutton 
      can you open up a tech support ticket for me please (if you havent already)? 
      We can then go through some trouble shooting and try to find a resolution for you. 

If you could also upload the videos/audio to Google drive/WeTransfer/Dropbox and put a shareable link in the case desription it would be extremly helpful.

• May 11, 2020
    • Reverence
      objori01

Hey, guys. . . I know this is an older post, but I'm new to GOXLR and was stressing pretty hard when the audio kept cutting out. My old setup (a TC Helicon VoiceLive 3 with a Focusrite 18i8) never cut out but may have had a related issue. Regardless, here's the solution for GOXLR audio that keeps cutting out:

As the musictribe solution states, you need to ensure that you're using USB 2.0. However, you must also ensure that you're not using a "USB extension cable."

I took the USB ext. cable out of my mic chain, and that solved it!!!

Good luck, all.

• Apr 24
  • ray2kay
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-12-24

recently re-install windows & now my GoXLR wont work or be detected. Here is the error im getting at the bottom, also i've tried uninstalling drivers & hardware with no luck. When the app finally opens if i select update firmware it just crashes. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Driver error: Error creating bus dice:riverError: loading driver:

Check the driver configuration or device connections.

error.PNG
    read more...
    0 4,945
    • ray2kay
      zizzogaming

Hey buddy, I just ran into the same problem as you but I have been able to resolve it. It's a bit of a process but this was the only way I was able to get it to work. If you go into your windows settings > update and security > Windows Security there is an option to get a fresh install of Windows through the Windows Security application, this process will erase all of the applications that you have installed while leaving your personal files untouched. You will unfortunately have to reinstall all of your desktop apps but you will NOT lose any of your personal files. Once the Windows reinstall is complete download and install the GoXLR app. During the installation process GoXLR will install the necessary drivers for GoXLR to operate. For whatever reason I believe this process was skipped for both of us when we reinstalled GoXLR after our system reset. Hopefully when you reinstall GoXLR you will see the driver installation process and everything should work after that. I hope this helps you and fixes your issue like it did mine. 

• December 26, 2019
  • Maurise
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-04-19

Hello,

I just found the Go XLR on a Linus Tech Tips video and it exactly what I was looking for to upgrade my audio equipment/set-up. I just have one question about the product.

My headphone has a 6,3mm connector and i like to change that for a balanced XLR. It has 300 ohms impedance. I can drive it over 3,5mm through an adapter but it just sounds terrible. So i was looking for a good pre amp/dec combo to ad.

But the Go XLR dont have a digital or analog output that i can use to connect to the amp, am i correct? It only has the 3,5mm jack for audio out? There are 2 Digital connectors for signal in. USB and optical.

Can i use one of these for audio out in some way? Or is there an other way around in the software/settings that allows me to controll the usb/optical output to my amp over the Go XLR?

Would be helpfull to know this before buying it. 

WG

read more...
    0 4,784
    • Maurise
      DaveMorrison

@Maurise . While headphone signal and Balanced cables (XLR & 1/4 inch) both have three conductors, They are very different. The headphones are Left (L) and Right (R) connected to a common (Sleeve); whereas, The XLR is the Signal and that same Signal 180° out of phase. When the two Signal are diffentially combined, noise common to both lines are cancelled.  If you run a head phone signal into an XLR input, the Left will be summed out of phase with the right leaving you only the difference between the two (L-R) which is rarely what most people want (it doesn't sound good). The solution is to run the Left in one channel and the right in a seperate channel, Or sum them together first. 

The GO XLR has the line out (on a 3.5mm jack— presumably a -10dBv signal) and a 3.5mm headphone jack.  

• April 19, 2019
    • Maurise
      Maurise

@DaveMorrison jea, but not the point. the sennheiser headphones have the 1/4" and 4 pin XLR cable in the box, so thats not the problem.

To make it more clear, i have:

1. PC with USB and 1 optical 

2. GO XLR

3. Sennheiser HDV 820

4. Sennheiser HD 800S

Is it possible to controll the HDV over the GO XLR? The HDV has following connectors:

2x 3 pin XLR in (R and L cause' balanced)

2x UNBAL R and L

Optical

USB

Coax

2x XLR BAL out

in the front we have 3 pin XLR, 1/4", 4 pin XLR balanced or what ever, 2 sony pentacon. Its all for headphones so doesn't matter.

Is there a way to connect it directly to the GO XLR or just through the software if I run it over the PC with USB/optical or not? I mean in theory there is allways the 3,5mm headphone jack and line out/in which i could split into something thats hopefully works with the HDV like the UNBAL. The Question is if and how much the sound suffers. 

• April 20, 2019
    • Maurise
      Maurise

Well I think I just need to try it out. Thanks for the help @DaveMorrison, @Anonymous. I will start with something like https://www.amazon.com/TISINO-Stereo-Splitter-Unbalanced-Breakout/dp/B07DMWZPML?th=1 with higher quality. As long as the signal is good, the amp should handle the rest. 

• April 22, 2019
  • planedrop
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-04-28

Hey everyone,

Been trying to figure this one out for a bit with no luck. I installed GoXLR but skipped the StreamDeck plugin installation portion because I didn't need it at the time, but now I do want that and I cannot seem to find a way to get it installed from an external source. I don't really want to reinstall the GoXLR app, but I guess if I have to I will. I feel like there should be a download page or something for the plugin so people can add it after the fact. 

Short question, does anyone know where I can get the plugin? 

read more...
    0 4,185
    • planedrop
      SteffiLewis

Found it! Go look in C:\Program Files (x86)\TC-Helicon\GOXLR then switch to Stream Deck, click the three bullet points in the top right then drag the "com.tchelicon.goxlr" file to it and the profile changer should appear in the custom section of your Stream Deck menu.

• April 29, 2020
  • Jdthatch84
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-05-04

I am trying to figure out how to get voice chat working from the GO XLR to xbox. I have to optical from the xbox running into the go xlr and have sound. I Plugged the sennheiser headset, which splits to mic and audio. For whatever reason I do not have the microphone output in the party chat.

read more...
    0 3,157
    • Jdthatch84
      Skeeminkoop

Hello I am running into a very similar issue and it's driving me crazy ... 

I am desperate for help on this.  

My set up:
      -Stream PC (with Elgato) 

- GO XLR

-Xbox one X

-Astro A40 TR +mix amp pro 

I am desperately trying to figure out how to run the astros in combination with the GOXLR and stream ... I can get game volume into the go XLR but not chat, yes I have a chat splitter and yes I saw the diagram above , but that diagram doesn't make much sense as other posters noted. Also, I would love to figure out how to use my MIXAMP PRO if possible in this set up as well, if not bo big deal ...  the MixAmp PRo Astro unit does have a line out port called stream, but not sure what to do with it exactly however I think that might be my key?
      willing to hire someone to help if that's what it takes. Please let me know, and grateful for any help. 

0D361F32-C967-42A7-8D4C-F0359B0CB0CF.jpeg
      • May 15, 2020
  • Psalm_144
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-05-19

Is it possible to change the volume of the samples higher or lower? I have some samples that are loud and some that are too quiet. Thank you.

0 2,209
  • blackriver35
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-05-21

Hello all,

I recently picked up a Go XLR mini and I am really enjoying it thus far. However there is one thing I have not yet been able to solve and I would like to know if it is possible. Prior to using the Go XLR I used a Schiit Modi and Magni (DAC / AMP). The AMP could drive a lot more power than the Go XLR and there is a noticeable difference in sound quality in my opinion. So my question is this, is there a way to output the channels on the Go XLR through my AMP / DAC or just the AMP even? I would like the full functionality of the Go XLR but the sound quality and power of my other equipment. Let me know if anyone has a solution for this. I have thought of a couple ideas but would like more insight before I go out and spend more money on it. Thanks!

Other information that may be of help:

Mic: Rode NTG4 

DAC: Schiit Modi

AMP: Schiit Magni

Helicon Product: Go XLR Mini

read more...
    0 2,107
    • blackriver35
      wylan

i do something similar with my setup. i have a goxlr that has the headphone out go to my amp. you cannot use your dac however, since the goxlr is already taking care of that for you. 

• May 22, 2020
  • sgtshells
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-08-24

I've been trying to get my goxlr sampler to work but it doesn't seem to function correctly.  The directions say to hold down the button on the sampler and speak into the mic.  When I let go it does not light up showing a recording.  I have also loaded sound clips and they cause the button to light up.  the only problem there is that they do not actually play back into anything.  I'm attaching a screenshot of the routing set up just in case that is the issue. Can someone please give me some advice?  I've messed with this thing for a while and have no luck.

routing.JPG
    read more...
    0 1,978
Go to page