Statistics

241,330 members
117,594 posts
  • SamCosta
    Contributor - Level 2
    2014-11-01
    Hey fellas,
    As lame as this sounds, I still don't own a iPad but I do have a new Mac book air. Is there an app or download for the laptops that I can control my X32 via my Mac book air? Or should unjust get an iPad or android tablet?

Thanks.
    -Sam
    read more...
    0 21,780
    • SamCosta
      PatrickGMaillot Sam,

Behringer application X32-edit, even if it has limitations (in terms of ergonomy - no resize, etc.) is a very good tool for remotely control your X32. The applications are available for download on the website. http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/X32.aspx.

-Patrick
      • November 1, 2014
    • SamCosta
      BitonWalstra you will have to install it with the Security & Privacy settings "Allow apps downloaded from: Anywhere"
      • November 1, 2014
    • SamCosta
      Roblof

Biton Walstra;33491 wrote:

you will have to install it with the Security & Privacy settings "Allow apps downloaded from: Anywhere"

...or hold down ctrl while clicking the icon to open it.
      • November 2, 2014
    • SamCosta
      SamCosta Great. Thank gentleman. I'll try downloading/installing the x32-edit program and see how it works.
      • November 4, 2014
    • SamCosta
      SamCosta OK.. I plugged in the wireless router (Cisco E1000) to the console and everything seemed to be plugged in correctly. In Setup/Config - I entered in the IP address, sub mask , and gateway information in and matched it with the IP on the laptop. Everything looked fine..

Opened up the X32 Edit program on MacAir, entered the IP address that's on the console 198. etc etc...., then hit Enter and NOTHING happens. Keeps saying on Status : searching device

Am I missing something here?? Any help would be greatly appreciated. /

-Sam
      • November 5, 2014
  • InactiveUser
    Contributor - Level 2
    2012-07-15
    Dear Behringer

I would REALLY like to know where you are in the progress of releasing this product - how much longer should it take before it hits the shelves?

Are you still in betatesting, or are fcc approvals ready or is it as far as marketing plans or allready on the trucks loading to the world?

I am virtually holding my credit card ready to buy this

Please don't answer "Coming Soon", that is not an answer.
    read more...
    0 21,252
    • InactiveUser
      JamesBurns Hi Charlie! Welcome to the forum.

As of this writing, the CMD line is scheduled to ship early-mid Q4 of this year. We apologize for the delays, but we've done some upgrades to the look and feel of the product that I am sure you'll appreciate. Take care!
      • July 15, 2012
    • InactiveUser
      InactiveUser Glad to see this update on the new forum. Can't wait for these puppies to hit the streets!

Keep up the great work, prototypes look amazing!
      • July 16, 2012
    • InactiveUser
      InactiveUser Thanks, James!

Finally someone giving any type of ETA on the CMD's, that's great!

I don't think any of the other gearforums have this info as of yet.

If you have any images of the final product, please share
      • July 21, 2012
    • InactiveUser
      IordacheIonut Hy !

Great you now have a forum !

I think many people wait for thos suite of dj controllers , like me & K-sea...

Just waiting and waiting... they are exactly what I espect for a Dj controller and don't want something else to buy !

Please make me wait a shorter time

A filter knob will be an good upgrade in the studio 4a...
      • July 22, 2012
    • InactiveUser
      IordacheIonut

A filter knob will be an good upgrade in the studio 4a...

A push knob...
      • July 22, 2012
  • RayRoberts
    Contributor - Level 2
    2014-12-15
    I'm bent on waiting for the XR18, however I can't help wondering if I should just go with the X32 Rack.

Here's what I'm thinking:

XR18:

• Will be (I'm assuming) lighter than X32 Rack (which seems to be about 14 lbs + weight of a router).
    • Built in Wi-Fi simplifies things.
    • Enough features to mix my three piece band (http://thedogtones.com) from the stage.
    • Significantly less expensive than X32 Rack. A big plus of course.
    • Not sure when iPhone, PC/Mac, and/or Android apps will be available. This concerns me.
    • Combo jacks make sense since I have a mix of 1/4" and XLR inputs.
    • Everything plugs into the front. This can be good or bad. I'm not sure yet.

X32 Rack:

• Both hardware and apps are available now.
    • Semi-mature product that's been proven in the field.
    • Everything plugs into the back. This can be good or bad. I'm not sure yet.
    • It can run off the front panel in case of emergency.

Am I missing any major points? I know it's tough to compare a product that's been released for a while to something that's hasn't, but I'm curious to read if others are having similar thoughts.

Thanks.
    read more...
    0 20,471
    • RayRoberts
      ShaneStever It sounds to me like the XR18 was built for small gigging bands like yours! If you can wait a bit longer, I'd say go with the XR18... and let us know how you like it!
      • December 15, 2014
    • RayRoberts
      DavidSandborgh The rack has much more flexibility via integration with the rest of the x32 family, but it all stuff you probably don't need

- ability to expand to 32 channels with an s16

- can be controlled by an x32 compact/producer/full

I can't think of much else. Don't worry about the pc/ipad/android software, they will most likely just be updates of the apps being used for the x32 series, just tuned to the xr18s features. The built in wi-fi is definitely nice, less cables and you don't have to find a place to put the router. The XR18 (according to Behringer) is also controllable via their x-touch DAW controller series, if you want something physical.

For your set-up, the XR18 seems the way to go. The only reason I would consider the rack (or wait) is Behringer's track record of adding game changing functionality to their mixers a year later. An current x32 has a lot of functionality the old ones don't, and there are some features you can't add to the original x32 via firmware upgrades AFAIK. So an XR18 bought right at release might be totally different from next years model..
      • December 15, 2014
    • RayRoberts
      Roblof Builtin wifi can be a blessing or hell. If I understand it correctly the wifi is on 2.4ghz and that is a very crowded band. I'd opt for an external wifi-router just because of that.

The x-air only have 4 stereo/dualmono fx and if you intend to use the fx then only four of them can be limiting.

As for the trs-inputs a racked DI is only around $150.

I like the xr18 but it is a pitty that they didn't include aes50. If they had it would have been a killer product. Maybe they'll add avb/aes67 as a firmware update in the future?
      • December 15, 2014
    • RayRoberts
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Ray,

Good advice so far. The biggest decision IMO is whether to go for versatility and expansion capabilities (X32 Rack), or wait for simplicity (XR18). If the latter has a greater importance, then don't cave in to the wait for what you need/want. Many of us were in the same conundrum about a year and a half ago before the Rack shipped. I almost went for the Core/S16 instead of the Rack. Am I ever glad I waited for the Rack.

Paul
      • December 15, 2014
    • RayRoberts
      DavidSandborgh If it were me I wouldn't add aes50 functionality to the xairs. The xairs are designed as stand alone mixers for small venues and bands. If you don't need more than 16 channels, get a cheaper x air. If you need the flexibility of adding 16 more channels, shell out the extra $500 and get a rack. They seem to be marketed to two different demographics IMO.
      • December 15, 2014
  • PaulCretu
    Contributor - Level 2
    2016-03-07
    Hi everybody,

I have some questions about U-Phoria UMC204HD, I hope you don't mind, but the description on the website and the very "slim" manual are not very clear.
    - if Line is selected (switch not pressed) what kind of 1/4" connector is accepted? TS (mono unbalanced), TRS (mono balanced) or TRS stereo unbalanced? do any of them work? if yes, how does the interface recognize the type? From a different thread I read only mono line inputs are supported is this right?
    - if a XLR is connected, do I need to "start" the 48V phantom power using the on/off switch on the back? or can this be left on at all times? also, does the line/instr switch has any influence of the level when a mic is connected, or is the switch ignored?
    - what does the PAD switch do? according to the manual, it reduces the input level; could you give an example when might this be needed?
    I was really hoping the PAD switch would allow for me to connect a kick drum pad (for example from the XD8USB - it has a 1/4" connector), in order to mix it separately from the drum kit... but now I realize that would be just hopeful thinking. Anyway, any idea what would happen if it would be connected to the input?

And a last one - I was hoping to be able to connect to this interface 3 devices:
    - midi keyboard on MIDI in
    - microphone on Input 1
    - line-out from the XD8USB drum kit, on Input 2 (or better, just the kick drum from XD8USB on Input 2)
    Is this possible? Will the signal from XD8USB to line input be mono or stereo?
    That makes me realize I have on idea if the XD8USB outputs balanced line out or stereo unbalanced.
    Thank you.
    read more...
    0 17,527
    • PaulCretu
      Michael_Lapke Hi Paul, welcome to the forums!

Sorry it's taken you so long to get a response for your questions here in the forum. I just wanted this opportunity to jump in here and take a shot at answering some of your questions about the UMC204HD Audio Interface.

Paul Cretu;71821 wrote:

if Line is selected (switch not pressed) what kind of 1/4" connector is accepted? TS (mono unbalanced), TRS (mono balanced) or TRS stereo unbalanced? do any of them work? if yes, how does the interface recognize the type? From a different thread I read only mono line inputs are supported is this right?

- That is correct, when pumping in Line level signal a MONO TS or MONO TRS will be the types of cables to use with this Audio Interface.

Paul Cretu;71821 wrote:

if a XLR is connected, do I need to "start" the 48V phantom power using the on/off switch on the back? or can this be left on at all times? also, does the line/instr switch has any influence of the level when a mic is connected, or is the switch ignored?

- Most would say that you could just leave this on while plugging in microphones and it's not a big deal, but depending on what type of microphones you are using this could potentially damage some types of ribbon microphones and high end condensers that have their own power supply. I personally feel it's a healthier practice to switch it off when not being used before and after plugging your XLR into the unit.

I also believe the LINE/INST Switch is ignored when you have a mic connected via XLR.

Paul Cretu;71821 wrote:

what does the PAD switch do? according to the manual, it reduces the input level; could you give an example when might this be needed?

As it says in the QSG, this pad button just brings the input level of your signal down to help avoid with unwanted clipping / distortion that could result from feeding a really hot signal into your Audio Interface. You will always want to try and control the levels of your input signals at their source, but sometime when you don't have that convenience then the pad button is a nice option to have.

Paul Cretu;71821 wrote:

I was really hoping the PAD switch would allow for me to connect a kick drum pad (for example from the XD8USB - it has a 1/4" connector), in order to mix it separately from the drum kit... but now I realize that would be just hopeful thinking. Anyway, any idea what would happen if it would be connected to the input?

You are correct that this will not work. The pads on your electronic drum kit don't actually pass an audio signal, they only send a digital "trigger" signal to engage the a sound designated in the brain unit of your kit. To record your kit you will have to feed signal from the Line Outputs.

Paul Cretu;71821 wrote:

I was hoping to be able to connect to this interface 3 devices:

- midi keyboard on MIDI in

- microphone on Input 1

- line-out from the XD8USB drum kit, on Input 2 (or better, just the kick drum from XD8USB on Input 2)

Is this possible? Will the signal from XD8USB to line input be mono or stereo?

Yes you could certainly do this! You could hook up your Microphone to input channel one and take the mono line out of your drum kit to channel two. The MIDI input/output ports are not designated audio input sources, but instead are for MIDI control. But you can still hook it into the MIDI In of this interface to record midi events within your DAW software. However if you are instead looking to feed a mono or stereo signal out of your MIDI keyboard then you may want to consider other options for your recording setup.

Hope this helps!
      • March 25, 2016
    • PaulCretu
      IvanZivanovic Since there is a PAD switch for each channel on U-PHORIA UMC204HD, do I need a DI box for guitar recording? (I have single coils)

When I record a guitar without PAD switch engaged (+ INST switch) I can turn the channel gain very little from zero in order to avoid clipping. And I noticed recorded sound picks up some pickup noise.

I have tried to record the guitar with pressed PAD switch (+ INST switch) and since it brings input volume down, I am allowed to turn the gain knob significantly higher. My opinion is that, except for less noise and the fact that I can turn the channel gain something above half, it not does much in terms of recorded sound clarity.

Overall when comparing recorded sound without PAD switch and with PAD switch I can hear slight clarity on recording WITH PAD switch engaged.

Also, will I have better clarity of recorded tone by adding the DI box, or not?

Thank You in advance.

Ivan
      • December 3, 2018
    • PaulCretu
      Michael_Lapke

Ivan Zivanovic;156362 wrote:

Since there is a PAD switch for each channel on U-PHORIA UMC204HD, do I need a DI box for guitar recording? (I have single coils)

Nope, definitely don't beed a DI Box since most of those are designed primarily to convert LINE Level input signals to MIC Level output. Considering the UMC204HD's Inputs can accept either MIC Level (XLR) or LINE Level (TRS) you won't need to use a DI Box.

Ivan Zivanovic;156362 wrote:

When I record a guitar without PAD switch engaged (+ INST switch) I can turn the channel gain very little from zero in order to avoid clipping. And I noticed recorded sound picks up some pickup noise.

I have tried to record the guitar with pressed PAD switch (+ INST switch) and since it brings input volume down, I am allowed to turn the gain knob significantly higher. My opinion is that, except for less noise and the fact that I can turn the channel gain something above half, it not does much in terms of recorded sound clarity.

Overall when comparing recorded sound without PAD switch and with PAD switch I can hear slight clarity on recording WITH PAD switch engaged.

Also, will I have better clarity of recorded tone by adding the DI box, or not?

Thank You in advance.

Ivan

Also, is your guitar coming into the UMC204HD direct? Or are you trying to mic up an amplifier which your guitar is connected to? It sounds like your guitar input at the interface is pretty hot already, hence why barely raising the gain for that channel input gives you significant volume. The PAD option is typically a perfect solution for situations like this. Another option would be to turn down the guitar at the source (either guitar or amp) to allow for better gain staging.

Ultimately I don't think you'll need to use a DI box to get the best recorded signal in this case, but that would really depend on a number of factors that I'm not privy to at this point.

Hope that helps! Of course if you have any additional question please let me know and I'll do my best to help guide you.
      • December 5, 2018
  • PhilVickery
    Contributor - Level 1
    2015-08-29
    Call me a noob please, because that's how I feel after purchasing said Interface and doing what it told me to do in the booklet that came with it. I have looked for the USB Driver download to use in conjunction with my UMC22 and Audacity to start recording and cannot find it anywhere.

I sheepishly plugged it all up and tried to record my guitar and all that was reproduced on playback was the quietest of muffled tinny sounds.

Can anyone help me out here please, as I don't want to think I've just wasted all this money on this product? PLEASE!!!!!!??????
    read more...
    0 15,959
  • BenVigil
    Contributor - Level 2
    2015-07-07
    Do you have any information on availability for the X-Touch Editor?

I can't find a download link anywhere and it's required to update the config on the X-Touch Mini units. I'm anxious to get this little guy tested and working correctly.

Thanks!
    read more...
    0 15,528
    • BenVigil
      Michael_Lapke Hi Ben,

Welcome to the forums! As the X-Touch Mini is such a new product, I'll have to check with our developers about this and get back to you. Most of the software that is necessary for using the Mini's should be available on the BEHRINGER website but I'll double check and see if there are any that haven't been uploaded yet. Thanks for your patience.
      • July 7, 2015
    • BenVigil
      BenVigil Thanks Michael,

I've downloaded all the software I can find on the website, and it's not in any of the bundles either.

Any word on this from the developers yet?

Ben
      • July 8, 2015
    • BenVigil
      Michael_Lapke Ben,

I was informed this afternoon that this is already being worked on. The process of uploading the X-Touch editor software to the website will take some more time but we are working on it. Check back here and on the BEHRINGER website as you should be able to download it in the near future. I will post here when I see it's available for download. Thanks for your patience.
      • July 8, 2015
    • BenVigil
      BenVigil Thanks again Michael!

I guess it's just a little concerning given the time-to-market for the X-Touch Series

I look forward to the editor being available.

Ben
      • July 8, 2015
    • BenVigil
      Michael_Lapke Ben and all,

The X Touch Editor v1.21 for Windows is now available for download on the BEHRINGER website in the X Touch Mini and X Touch Compact sections. A firmware update and instructions are also provided in the download file.

http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/X-TOUCH-MINI.aspx

http://www.behringer.com/EN/products/X-TOUCH-COMPACT.aspx
      • July 12, 2015
      • X-Touch Editor Availability
        estuermer Links are not working. Where can I find the software?
        • December 4, 2020
  • DavidMiller
    Contributor - Level 1
    2013-03-25
    The AMP cut out at my last gig on friday after running for aprox 2 hours, cutting our set short, there was only two vocal mics miked, the volume nobs were at 12 o'clock, running through a behringer mixer and 2x 250watt 8ohm speakers. When I switched the amp on and off, the fans are still spinning for around 5 seconds then stop, it does this every time I turn it on.. However the lights are off.
    I checked the circuit breaker on the back which hasnt tripped.

Can anybody shed some light onto this for me? I have only had this amp for 4 months.
    read more...
    0 14,764
    • DavidMiller
      JiříJirutka I had this too, two iNuke NU6000, after two actions both amps dead. After on, the rings around pots going from orange to red, without any signal. Speakers only 8/1000, one pair. The first action - Ok, the second action only sound check and show broken.

Both amps I return after 3 days from buy to seller. I like QSC Audio
      • March 25, 2013
    • DavidMiller
      ZacRoss Dear David,

I apologize for the inconvenience. You may start a warranty claim here:

http://www.behringer.com/EN/Support/Warranty-and-Service-Information.aspx

You can contact us by phone at (1) 702-800-8290 for the US and Canada and (44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact our CARE department via email at [email protected]. We try to respond to every email within 24-48 hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails we receive.

This way you will have your unit repaired promptly and back in your hands in a timely manner.

We hear you!

Best Regards,
      • March 25, 2013
    • DavidMiller
      DavidOhyama I'm having similar problems with a brand new NU6000. It's less than 4 weeks old. The amp was bought with the DEQ 2496 and a set of VP 2520's.

After hooking it up to a mixing board with all trim levels and line levels set slightly under peak and the DEQ line level under peak and stable with the NU6000 volume controls @ 11:00 but the NU 6000 will not remain on, it randomly resets itself at various times, sometimes every 5 minutes, sometimes it can stay up for 30 minutes. All the connecting cables are also new and were bought with the unit. We have tried changing boards, using a pre-amp, stripping it of the DEQ, using the DEQ at both output line levels but its pretty much the same. Just wont stay on consistently. It cuts out at both low and high volume.

Seems to be pretty much useless to us and is a setback as the purchase should have been up and running and out the door in the field already for a return on our investment.

Any advice? Is this happening to a specific lot that possibly had a botched assembly in China maybe just in 2013 sometime or are they all pretty much the same? Junk?
      • August 12, 2013
    • DavidMiller
      DavidOhyama Same problem here now
      • August 12, 2013
    • DavidMiller
      BrianMonroe David

I would follow the link Zak posted and start a repair/replacement process with the CARE team. Behringer is pretty good about getting things fixed in a timely manner. =)
      • August 12, 2013
  • JacksonLee
    Contributor - Level 2
    2013-08-01
    Mixer Model:XENYX 302USB

Hi,
    Is there any way not to hear live sound of MIC IN but just hear the signal returning from USB?
    Because I routed the MIC IN signal with delayed effect back to output of mixer but it caused multiple echos which are sounds without delaying and one with delaying.

I have a setup with a mic pluged into MIC IN and a headset pluged into MAIN MIX OUTPUT and connected to a PC.

I assumed the LINE/USB setting for this case would be like: FROM > USB PLAY | TO > MAIN MIX

However I hear the MIC IN and signal from USB at the same time. I can hear the MIC IN always.

Any suggestion to fix this?

Thanks.
    read more...
    0 12,762
    • JacksonLee
      BrianMonroe Jackson, after looking at the product, there are two channels (three if you include stereo input/USB return) so you just need to turn down the level on the mic. (Bottom left knob) when you're not using so it doesn't show up. =)
      • August 2, 2013
    • JacksonLee
      BrianMonroe Since I don't have one, let me know if it didn't work and we can try to figure out more!
      • August 4, 2013
    • JacksonLee
      InactiveUser

Jackson Lee;7859 wrote:

Mixer Model:XENYX 302USB

Hi,

Is there any way not to hear live sound of MIC IN but just hear the signal returning from USB?

Because I routed the MIC IN signal with delayed effect back to output of mixer but it caused multiple echos which are sounds without delaying and one with delaying.

I have a setup with a mic pluged into MIC IN and a headset pluged into MAIN MIX OUTPUT and connected to a PC.

I assumed the LINE/USB setting for this case would be like: FROM > USB PLAY | TO > MAIN MIX

However I hear the MIC IN and signal from USB at the same time. I can hear the MIC IN always.

Any suggestion to fix this?

Thanks.

Hi Jackson,

When using the 302 to record a mic to your multitrack program, you will always hear the direct mic signal along with the multitrack playback. The best way to overcome hearing the signal twice is to deactivate the MONITOR function on the channel you are recording to within the software.

Kind Regards,

Fiona Hammond

CARE

MUSIC Group

BEHRINGER
      • August 5, 2013
    • JacksonLee
      JacksonLee Because I still need MIC in signal at the same time. If I turn down the level of mic, I wouldn't get mic signal.....

Brian Monroe;7904 wrote:

Jackson, after looking at the product, there are two channels (three if you include stereo input/USB return) so you just need to turn down the level on the mic. (Bottom left knob) when you're not using so it doesn't show up. =)
      • August 5, 2013
    • JacksonLee
      JacksonLee Hi Fiona,

So I assume there's no way to avoid hearing sound twice with this model? Since I just use a simple freeware sound delay software without any advanced function but with just simple routing & delaying....Thanks~
      • August 5, 2013
  • PhetnoyOudomvil
    Contributor - Level 2
    2014-01-27
    Hi all, I'm new here and new to x32 need help on setup x32 .
    like the mic eq, comp and setup gate for drum set like bass drum, snare, hihat tom...so on.
    Or post some preset you guy have done. That way I have some idea. If the posted is in the wrong place please advice.

Thanks,

Phet
    read more...
    0 12,577
    • PhetnoyOudomvil
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Phet,

Welcome to the forum. The 2.01 beta firmware upgrade has a few drum presets included. But I wouldn't upgrade just for that. We are having a bit of problems with attaching files (presets, scenes, zip, etc) to posts here, which will hopefully get resolved soon. Then we should be able to share our files.

I'm no expert with this, but I always gate all drum mics and add compression to the kick only. The EQ settings depend on how badly the drum kick is tuned and how good the mics are. Hopefully other will add their settings to this thread.

Paul
      • January 28, 2014
    • PhetnoyOudomvil
      PhetnoyOudomvil

Paul Vannatto;15320 wrote:

Hi Phet,

Welcome to the forum. The 2.01 beta firmware upgrade has a few drum presets included. But I wouldn't upgrade just for that. We are having a bit of problems with attaching files (presets, scenes, zip, etc) to posts here, which will hopefully get resolved soon. Then we should be able to share our files.

I'm no expert with this, but I always gate all drum mics and add compression to the kick only. The EQ settings depend on how badly the drum kick is tuned and how good the mics are. Hopefully other will add their settings to this thread.

Paul

Thanks Paul
      • January 28, 2014
    • PhetnoyOudomvil
      JohnDiNicola Dear Phetnoy,

I have just made a post with the new V2 presets for download, for those waiting for the final version before upgrading. You can find it here: http://forum.behringer.com/showthread.php?2560-X32-quot-Artist-Preset-Collection-quot&p=15350#post15350
      • January 28, 2014
    • PhetnoyOudomvil
      PhetnoyOudomvil

John DiNicola;15351 wrote:

Dear Phetnoy,

I have just made a post with the new V2 presets for download, for those waiting for the final version before upgrading. You can find it here: http://forum.behringer.com/showthread.php?2560-X32-quot-Artist-Preset-Collection-quot&p=15350#post15350

I am using firmware 1.5 , is safe to load and try your preset?
      • February 3, 2014
    • PhetnoyOudomvil
      PhetnoyOudomvil It is safe the load your V2 presets John to v1.5 ?
      • February 3, 2014
  • BenAlex
    Contributor - Level 2
    2015-01-19
    Greetings all,

Our current mixer setup is X32-Rack, with 2*s16s, and use the iPad for mixing. We just got a new speaker setup at our facility, two LR and then one sub. In this situation, it seemed best if we drive the sub independently. Views?

So, for yesterday, I tried two ways to drive the sub independently, and option B did not work. Could I request your help?

a) route channels into a Mixbus 7, and then route the bus to a matrix 6 and then to output, i.e. channels > mixbus > matrix > output. This worked, but was extremely hard to balance out, especially, routing each channels desired lows into the mixbus! Hard!

b) I tried to use the C (LCR), i.e. as I understand, this gets the input as the LR in mono. This did not work, can somebody help me with this? What I did:

[LIST=1]
  • Configured the routing, to allow the Virtual 14 to > Main LRC > Main C/M
  • In the Global Link preferences, unselected the M/C Depends on Main L/R
  • I also enabled the Mono/Center for each channel

But this does not work, any views? Am I missing something?

Thanks for any input! Really appreciate it.

Kind regards.
  • read more...
    0 12,253
    • BenAlex
      AndreasEastwood Check out this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtwW1l-FECg

That guy explain things pretty good. He got a lot of great X32 videos!

Hope you'll figure it out!
      • January 18, 2015
    • BenAlex
      BenAlex

Andreas Eastwood;38741 wrote:

Hi Andreas,

Thanks, that would be one more way of accomplishing it! But do you have an idea why the LCR does not work? The YouTube does show that I can route back from the main into the other Matrix to accomplish this, but I currently use

5 x Matrix for the monitors (I use various mix buses for drums, musicians, and singers and then send the composite to the monitors)

Matrix 6 is for video.

I would have really liked to use the LCR mode. Any ideas? I.e. if I am sending LR and the C, then the C and LR should receive the signals directly from the channel, right? And then I can use the C to drive the subs! ??? Views?

Kind regards,

Benni
      • January 18, 2015
    • BenAlex
      Roblof If you look at it closley you'll see that the designated level control for LCR is called M/C.

You can choose between two modes - LCR and Mono.

LCR is a special case where the C is used with the panning control on your channel strips. When you are panned hard left or right everything works as you would expect it. But when you pan towards the middle you will send audio to your center speaker. When your pan control is centered only your center speaker will have sound and nothing in the LR speakers!

In mono mode you'll get an extra 'mixbus' so to speak. When you enable this mono bus on your channel strip you also need to set the send level. Sends-on-fader on this bus works as well.
      • January 18, 2015
    • BenAlex
      BenAlex

Robert Lofgren;38747 wrote:

If you look at it closley you'll see that the designated level control for LCR is called M/C.

Hi Robert!

Bingo! Thanks! Okay, that is possibility what I overlooked! So, if on the iPad I chose both the Stereo LR and the Mono/Center, and if I raise the Mono/C, then I would have received the signal in the Mtx-Main C as well!

Question: The iPad app > Setup > Global > Link Preferences, if I choose the M/C depends on the Main L/R, then would I still need to even raise the fader at all?

Kind regards.

Ben
      • January 18, 2015
    • BenAlex
      Roblof

Ben Alex;38750 wrote:

Hi Robert!

Bingo! Thanks! Okay, that is possibility what I overlooked! So, if on the iPad I chose both the Stereo LR and the Mono/Center, and if I raise the Mono/C, then I would have received the signal in the Mtx-Main C as well!

Question: The iPad app > Setup > Global > Link Preferences, if I choose the M/C depends on the Main L/R, then would I still need to even raise the fader at all?

Kind regards.

Ben

If you enable that option the main fader becomes a vca to the m/c fader. This means that you control both levels with the master fader but you set the balance between the two with the m/c fader.
      • January 18, 2015
Go to page