Statistics

225,068 members
99,490 posts
  • NYCCT_Josh
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-02-22

We have three Crestron systems that have a Behringer XAIR XR18 Mixer. As of right now, there is no way we can control these mixers using Crestron SIMPL Windows. We are using a dedicated application to control audio in these spaces (XAir). Do you know if there is a Crestron module or some way other way (TCP/IP, etc) we can control this mixer(preferably using SIMPL)?

read more...
    0 1,028
    • NYCCT_Josh
      Paul_Vannatto

Hi Josh @NYCCT_Josh 

Welcome to the forum. This question has come up occasionally over the years. Unfortunatley the X-Air and X32 digital consoles do not communicate via TCP/IP. Instead it uses UDP via ethernet and uses the OSC protocol for its control commands. 

• February 22, 2020
  • JR1984
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-01-04

Hi. My name is Josh and I am a graphic designer and music producer. I am writing to tell you a little story:

First of all, among other things I dedicate myself to making music for other artists, mainly from the Techno genre, in several underground variants. I love the Acid sound for a long time and many of my productions are characterized by having bass and Acid melodies. When I saw over time that Behringer was engaged in the launch of clones of classical study pieces, I had a feeling that sooner or later a clone of the famous TB-303 would be sold. I endured my desire to acquire more clones of 303 until the launch of Mr. Uli's clone. Finally, in November 2019 the new TD-3 was announced and everything was joy. That same first week of November, with the excitement of seeing the face of the new clone and seeing the aesthetics that I had acquired and not very happy with the colors they put on, I decided to make my version of how I would like the new TD-3 to be . Then I got down to work and created the Black version, as I like all the synthesizers and the Yellow version. The latter, to give a touch of exclusivity (within my imagination and taking into account that I love marketing) I thought that if a Special Edition were created, that would have greater impact and greater increase in sales. After this, I published my creations of the colors that I thought would be good in various forums of electronic music and social networks. Simple up to here. Well, the knot of history you already know. When the first day of this new year I discover that the gentlemen of Behringer put on sale the new colors of TD-3, which coincidentally are black and yellow, and that for more, the yellow version they call it Limited Edition. Well, I think you don't have to have a career in college to understand what has happened here. It is obvious that Behringer was lucid with my idea of these new colors, which were on the lips of all synthesizer lovers because I published the images in the forums with greater impact on the music scene. and it is not due to "you ask and we listen". I created the germ that went viral and people just asked for the colors they saw and others told them. The next thing is to tell my discomfort for all this. I am nobody, but if a music lover and a Behringer client for a long time ago and seeing this action hurts, since we all know the value of intellectual property, of the imagination, of the idea that has been stolen and used without your consent, or without your mention anywhere. We know the ethically correct, that when someone uses a photo. Image, text, yours, a mention of the artist is minimally requested. And it is more than clear that in this case Behringer has not hesitated to use my idea for his personal benefit and has had no qualms about mentioning or asking about the use of my intellectual property.
    Behringer has mentioned the person who created the song for his videos. I think that in this world not everything goes to win. I agree that they are multinationals with a lot of power behind their backs, but a simple gesture of cordiality would be enough, and even such a gesture and public mention would give more value to the brand and its own customers would be reflected in it, which would generate a feedback of positive actions of ideas / creations, and all this always positive for Behringer. I think it is necessary that they reflect and take some action on this subject.

Sincerely, Josh.

behringer-td-3-aufmacher.jpg
    read more...
    0 999
    • JR1984
      Paul_Vannatto

Hi @JR1984 

Welcome to the forum. Your story would be a lot more readable if you would break up you paragraphs. I started reading the second paragraph and gave up.

• January 4, 2020
    • JR1984
      HerrFuchs

Hy and what time or where can we pre-order it.. The special edition?   Thanks a lot..

Best regards herrfuchs

inbound7458042309098851137.jpg
      • January 8, 2020
    • JR1984
      junglejingle78

Hi there!

Im not agree cause  long time  ago  people  have customize their tb 303 in yellow to look like abl bassline2,or devil fish alu case!

• April 10, 2020
  • FelixHomann
    Super Contributor - Level 2
    2019-03-05

Hi,

Since governments are generally believed to work rather slowly an adjustable input and output delay on the X Air and M Air series would be a great feature to enhance those mixers for governmental use cases.

Is it possible to add this in a firmware update? 

Kind regards, Felix (SCNR)

read more...
    2 902
    • FelixHomann
      Paul_Vannatto

I would think that if they allowed the delay to go that slow, we'd get all kinds of complaints here that the console had crashed...

• March 5, 2019
    • FelixHomann
    • FelixHomann
      royo

maybe even non governemental users are eagerly waiting for this logical addition.....

i don't have to explain here how stupid it is that the output-delay option still isnt available.

there is talk about this subject at least for months now, what 's the problem....?

BO

• June 17, 2019
  • r007
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-01-10

Hey,

since I have a non-technical request I'm trying to contact [email protected] as prescribed in the imprint on https://community.musictribe.com/privacy-policy

However, something seems wrong with Music Tribe's (presumably) Office365 DNS configuration, as all mail (I tried from different source servers) is rejected with

host musictribe-com.mail.protection.outlook.com [104.47.126.36]   SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<[email protected]>:   550 5.4.1 Recipient address rejected: Access denied. AS(201806281) [PU1APC01FT060.eop-APC01.prod.protection.outlook.com]

Is this being looked into?

Has anyone else tried mailing them lately and had success?

read more...
    0 863
  • CraigG58
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-11-22

I had made a post in the “Recording” forum with a few questions that received no response. Ultimately, I got my answers by contacting Behringer support.

So, I wanted to post the answers provided to me by replying to my own, original post, in order to help anyone else who may run into the same issues in the future.

When I attempted to do this:

- The forum software first warned me there were HTML tags in my reply which were automatically removed (although there were none in the original I could see), then displayed the edited version and asked if I still wanted to post it. I replied to the affirmative.

- I checked the thread, and my new reply was there.

- I went back to re-read it a few minutes later because I thought I had made a typo, but the entire reply had completely disappeared.

I've gone through this twice now, with the exact same results. Is the inability to reply to one's own posts a known bug here?

read more...
    0 762
    • CraigG58
      KenMitchell

Hi @CraigG58 , 

Welcome to the community.  I've seen a few "glitches" in the past and that is one of them.  Instead of replying to your own post, can you try clicking on the three vertical dots in the upper-right, selecting Edit Reply, and adding it to your original post.  

BTW, Thank you for taking the time to post the information you got from support.  That should be helpful to others and reduce the number of support tickets. 

Ken

• November 22, 2019
    • CraigG58
      CraigG58

Thanks Ken... The command in the "3 dot" pull-down is actually "Edit Message" (no biggie, I got your drift). I used that, and it worked just fine.

Definitely a few things buggier than a picnic around here, but thanks for the tip!

• November 22, 2019
    • CraigG58
      KenMitchell

Hi @CraigG58 , 

Yes, very buggie.  When I click that pulldown it is definitely "Edit Reply".  Glad it worked for you at least. 

Thanks for posting the update in your UMC1820 post. Great info. 

Ken

• November 22, 2019
  • BoC
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-07-30

I can't believe I am the first on here!

I am UK based with over 15 years of experience teaching and supporting music, media and sound recording in schools, working directly with students from KS2 through AS and A levels and beyond, including extensive work with SEND students. 

I have built and supported recording studios from scratch into a number of schools. I really believe Behringer gear is a great asset in opening up the world of sound to students of all ages and abilities. Essentially cost-effective, reliable, robust and more than equal in quality to any of the more expensive 'name-drop' products it is very easy to build a simple yet comprehensive recording facility in a school with Behringer equipment at the heart.

A decent recording setup can be a very cross-curricular tool and should never be thought of as simply something for the music budget. We are looking at creativity here and creativity is essential in all subjects. Literacy is an easy target, with the possibilities of podcasting, audio dramas, and investigative reports and in my experience, you can take any subject and use media as a tool to enhance topics and engage students.

Let's all keep in touch on here...

read more...
    2 650
    • BoC
      KenMitchell

Hi Brian ( @BoC ), 

Welcome to the community.  Trust me you are not alone. What you are seeing is a result of the micro-segmentation of the forums that occurred a few months back during an overhaul. 

While I'm not a formal educator, I've been mentoring in tech theatre for a whlie and completely agree with you on the value of multimedia in the curriculum.  As you'd expect to find on these forums, my contribution is on the audo performance side, lately being sound effects for live performances.  For tech theatre, the sound tech students of course run the sound board but part of what I have them doing is creating their own instrument samples as well as other sound samples to be used in complex sound effects.  You can really see the creativity come out when they start to blend, morph, etc. the samples they've collected.  I even have one student working on his own compositions to be used in a future show. 

A while back I started working on a course called "The Science of Sound" but it quickly got too deep into the math and physics for the curriculum target.  That's the problem with being an Electrical Engineer by trade. 

I've now subscribed to this forum so let's keep the discussion going. 

Ken

• August 1, 2019
  • dave500
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-08-22

I downloaded model d 1.3.1 update. it says it is a firmware updater for Windows. when I run 1.3.1 it says that 1.1.1 is the current firmware.   What is the current firmware version?

thanks

David

0 642
    • dave500
      synthheaven

It's a bit confusing with all the different "versions" and no direct map/guide on how to use them.

• October 11, 2019
    • dave500
      Emadson

Sorry but I do not see what revision you are referring to. Lake Controller Software is presently at 6.8.3 and Firmware is at 3.36. If you open the accompanying Read Me file to the LC software it will indicate which level the Firmware is at. I am not sure what you are referring to when you state 1.3.1? The Firmware Updater is a utility of the accompanying LC Software.

lake rm.PNG

• October 14, 2019
  • jarretes
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-07-16

I am unable to download the Windows 10 driver for a recently purchased UMC404HD. The download always fails. Same result with three different browsers. Documents download with no problem from this same page. I sent messages to "web site feedback" and also to "technical support" asking for help with this. The web site feedback message was completely ignored. The tech support message generated an e-mail citing a "case number," which was 00987105, and a promise to respond "within one business day." This promise turned out to be untrue, as I have received no further response. A PM through the Behringer Facebook page garnered an autogenerated bot response referring me to the support page, which was very frustrating since I had already tried that to no avail. Phone support appears to be non-existent. Is Behringer completely unwilling to provide customer support? Am I going to have to return this UMC404HD unit for lack of a driver? Any help would be welcomed. The downloads page in question is https://www.behringer.com/Categories/c/Behringer/Downloads#googtrans(en|en)

read more...
    0 593
  • bhaikosalam
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-08-19

I don't know where to ask, the audiophile subreddit was no help, not much on google either.

I'm looking for passive speakers that do well with techno & electronic music in general. I'm sure you'vee noticed that sometimes high end speakers are great for all types of music, except for techno and electro where the bass doesn't sound sharp and detailed but rather slow and messy. how to win at internet cafe sweepstakes

What passive speakers would you guys recommend ?

read more...
    0 545
    • bhaikosalam
      RichardYClark

What size, power and price range are you looking for? Otherwise the sky's the limit. 

"sometimes high end speakers are great for all types of music, except for techno and electro where the bass doesn't sound sharp and detailed "

That's why active speakers can be so much better with separate amps for the top and bass where the bass can be much better controlled by being directly connected to the bass amp without any crossover components in between.

• August 20, 2019
  • EdwardBrownlee
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-12

Using X32 Producer for property wide sound but we have noisy and dead hours.  I have three scenes saved for normal, raised and low volume and would like to use the assign screen to change by push button.  However, the assign buttons revert to their previous, I assume factory default, settings after one successful use of one of the three assigned buttons.  Ive cleared all eight push buttons on A, B, and C assigns to no avail and my firmware is 3.09 so it's up to date.  I'd use the scenes since they work but non-tech people have to operate the mixer and push buttons with a confirming right arrow is preferable.

Any idea what I'm missing?

read more...
    0 542
    • EdwardBrownlee
      RexBeckett

@EdwardBrownlee 

Hi Edward, welcome to the forum.

It sounds as though your three target scenes were saved without the assigns being set first. So when the scenes are recalled, they overwrite the assign settings. Try recalling each scene, setting the assigns and then saving them.

An alternative would be to recall snippets rather than scenes. Set each snippet to only adjust the required levels. If the snippets only control the levels, they will not change the assign settings.

• November 11, 2019
Go to page