Statistics

294,388 members
177,484 posts
  • New
    richiejamesdj
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-27

Hi there, I have recently purchased a perform VK and had two questions that dont seem to be answered from the manual.

1. I am a little confused as to whether I need to connect my keyboard (Yamaha SX700) to the instrument inputs of the VK as well as the midi cable? Or is just one of those methods required and which is recommended?

The concern I have with conmecting the keyboard to the Insturment inputs then out to my mixer/PA it means I have both mic and keyboard mixes going into one channel losing some flexibility in controlling mic volume during performance.

2. I have really never used midi so wondering if I just use a midi cable to connect my keyboard to my VK, should it just work in terms of recognising chords played on the keyboard and creating appropriate harmonies or will I likely need tp adjust some midi settings on the keyboard first to make this work?

Many thanks in advance for any answers.

Regards, Richard

read more...
    0 64
    • richiejamesdj
      RobbyWingfield HI Richie, Robby with Music Tribe here. You can send MIDI from your keyboard and as long as it is transmitting on the same MIDI channel as the VK you will be all set. Most devices will default to MIDI CH 1 this is the default of the VK as well. This video will show MIDI controlled harmonies. I've marked it right where she begins showing the effect in practice. I would suggest taking some time and watching the whole playlist that this video is from. It's really helpful!

https://youtu.be/bBQL0z8EiQU?t=308
      • July 30, 2021
  • New
    Luisibarra
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-05

Como reduzco el silbido de mi armony? No termino de reducir la estatica estresante

0 62
  • New
    dkusuhara
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-26

Behringer MS-1 and Roland TR8 doesn't seem to be syncing with each other.. whenever I'd hit start/stop button on the TR8, both devices do start playing however, it's not in sync

Below are some details

- Connected via MIDI cable

-MIDI OUT from TR8 > MIDI IN of MS-1

-MS-1 MIDI channel is set to channel 1

-TR8 MIDI channel is set to channel 10

Does anyone else have the same issue?

read more...
    0 61
    • dkusuhara
      DavidKnighton Hello there,
      I would suspect that if the two are only slightly off sync, then it could be that your envelope on the MS-1 is too slow. Try it out with a fast attach and see if they come together.
      • August 31, 2021
  • New
    Crisupp
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-03-08

Can anyone please tell me if i sync the td-3 to usb does the gate out still trigger, thanks alot yer

0 61
    • Crisupp
      JoeRivers96 Hi Crisupp, I believe we discussed this over a case - but just to confirm, yes the gate out will still function when synced externally
      • March 10, 2021
  • New
    mcgraw
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-01

Hello

I recently got hold of a Neutron, made sure it was updated to the latest firmware and when connected directly to my Keystep37 via midi all seems fine.

However when I plug it into my laptop via USB it gets stuck with the blue range buttons flashing and seemingly no way to break out of this mode?

Has anyone had this issue before and know of a fix?

read more...
    0 60
  • New
    jjluke
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-06-24

I have a UMC204HD interface.

Downloaded the v.5 driver onto Windows 10 Pro PC.

Connected USB cable to computer and interface. 

Interface does not power on and UMC control panel says "No devices connected."

Please help

read more...
    0 60
    • jjluke
      KyleJohnson Hello, Kyle here with Music Tribe. Please contact our Service team by clicking on Support and then Service to submit a ticket.
      • June 26, 2021
  • New
    Tmallett
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-09

I have keys playing at different volumes and sensitivities so I think I need new contact strips. I've tried cleaning already which helped but new keys keep failing. Does anyone know if they are available or if another brand is compatable?

0 58
    • Tmallett
      KyleJohnson Hello, Kyle here with Music Tribe. For spare parts related inquiries please contact our Parts team. To do this please click on Support at the top of the page and then Spare Parts to fill out a ticket.
      • July 11, 2021
  • New
    CindyDoire
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-26
    1. Hi everyone,

i don't have much experience working with midi, and I bought the TC helicon perform VE used, and I'm having issues connectibg it to my midi keyboard (Yamaha reface Cp).

I'm wondering if I'm just missing something? Am I using the wrong keyboard? Should the pedal connect to something else, or is the keyboard the only connection it needs to create vocal samples into midi ane use it with the keyboard? 

Also, perhaps I've connected it wrong?

It seems like this should be an easy pedal to use, so there's also the option that the midi in is damaged... 

read more...
    0 58
    • CindyDoire
      RobbyWingfield Hi Cindy, Robby Wingfield with Music Tribe here, there are a few things here that would be better served directly over email. Could you please open a support ticket above? Someone will help you get your device setup and working correctly, Thanks!
      • July 29, 2021
  • New
    GHRoberts
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-26

Can't submit any tickets to support, as the Brand dropdown doesn't populate - need my Voicelive screen replaced and can't find a way to do it

Any ideas?

0 57
    • GHRoberts
      Nigel67 Hi GHRoberts. I am sorry that you are unable to submit a ticket. I will communicate with the web team and see if they are able to investigate the issue. In the meantime, I will open a case for you. Please check for an e-mail from me. It may go in your SPAM so please check there as well. Many thanks
      • February 26, 2021
      • Anyone tried to submit a ticket recently?
        GHRoberts Thanks Nigel - have replied to the e-mail
        • ·
        • February 27, 2021
  • New
    BenedictJH
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-18

Is there a way of setting up CCs for each track (other than Volume) on the faders of Behringer XTouch? That's on Cubase 11 Pro on Windows 10.

0 56
    • BenedictJH
      Crisupp Set up a generic remote, and see if the learn feature works for that control then manually add the cc there??
      • May 23, 2021
Go to page