Statistics

284,987 members
166,860 posts
  • Michael_Lapke
    Triber Moderator
    2015-03-18
    Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share with you my in depth connection guide/directions for making remote connections to the X AIR line of digital mixers. I was able to make all six of these connections successfully using my windows 7 (64bit) PC but the steps apply to what you would do with a MAC PC. The connection steps are listed in order. Feel free to post your connection findings in this thread as well.

Alright, here we go.

External Router with the XR18: ETHERNET MODE

Option #1 - External router hard-wired to the XR18, control device (computer/tablet/phone) connected wirelessly to the external router. (ETHERNET MODE)

- Make sure ext router is setup properly and can accept DHCP for automatic IP addressing or STATIC for manual input of IP address, subnet mask and gateway.
    - Open X AIR EDIT App and check the SETUP/LAN tab has the LAN-MODE set to DHCP for automatic IP addressing or STATIC for manual input of the IP Address, Subnet Mask and Gateway of your router. To make changes between STATIC, DHCP or DHCP SERVER you must connect directly to the XR18 via ACCESS POINT or ETHERNET. (Options #5 and #6 below))
    - Connect Ethernet cable from ETHERNET PORT on the XR18 to your External Router, set REMOTE switch on the front of mixer to ETHERNET.
    - Load X AIR EDIT App, after computer establishes a connection to the External Router's Network you will see the mixer pop up in the SETUP/CONNECT tab.

Option #2 - External router hard-wired to the XR18, control device (computer) connected hard-wired into the external router. (ETHERNET MODE)

- Make sure your computer and external router are setup properly in order to accept DHCP for automatic IP addressing or STATIC for manual input of IP address, subnet mask and gateway.
    - Set REMOTE switch on the front of the XR18 to ETHERNET
    - Open X AIR EDIT App and check the SETUP/LAN tab has the LAN-MODE set to DHCP for automatic IP addressing (or STATIC for manual input of the IP Address, Subnet Mask and Gateway of your router. To make changes between STATIC, DHCP or DHCP SERVER you must connect directly to the XR18 via ACCESS POINT or ETHERNET. (See options #5 and #6 below)
    - Connect Ethernet cable from ETHERNET PORT on the XR18 to your External Router, set REMOTE switch on the front of mixer to ETHERNET.
    - Connect 2nd Ethernet Cable from your computer to your External Router
    - In the X AIR EDIT App, after your computer establishes a connection to the External Router's Network, you will see the mixer pop up in the SETUP/CONNECT tab.

Option #3 - External Router connected wirelessly to the XR18, control device (computer) connected hard-wired to the external router. (WIFI CLIENT MODE)

- Connect to the XR18 (ETHERNET or ACCESS POINT) to setup WiFi Client mode. Make sure REMOTE switch on the front of the XR18 is set to that type of connection.
    - In the SETUP/WLAN tab, select/input your External Router's Security Encryption, SSID and PASSCODE. Set MODE to DHCP to automatically get IP address or set to STATIC to manually input your IP address, Subnet Mask and Gateway.
    - Disconnect the XR18 from it's ETHERNET or ACCESS POINT connection in the X AIR EDIT App. (Remove ETHERNET cable if used for WiFi Client setup)
    - Switch to WIFI CLIENT in the REMOTE section on the front of the XR18.
    - Connect your computer to the external router with a hard-wired Ethernet Cable.
    - Load X AIR EDIT App, after computer establishes a connection to the External Router's Network you will see the mixer pop up in the SETUP/CONNECT tab.

Option #4 - External Router connected wirelessly to the XR18, control device (computer/tablet/phone) connected wirelessly to the external router. (WIFI CLIENT MODE)

- Connect to the XR18 (ETHERNET or ACCESS POINT) to setup WiFi Client mode. Make sure REMOTE switch on the front of the XR18 is set to that type of connection.
    - In the SETUP/WLAN tab, select/input your External Router's Security Encryption, SSID and PASSCODE. Set MODE to DHCP to automatically get IP address or set to STATIC to manually input your IP address, Subnet Mask and Gateway.
    - Disconnect the XR18 from it's ETHERNET or ACCESS POINT connection in the X AIR EDIT App. (Remove ETHERNET cable if used for WiFi Client setup)
    - Switch to WIFI CLIENT in the REMOTE section on the front of the XR18.
    - Connect your computer/tablet/phone to the external router's network.
    - Load X AIR EDIT App, after computer/tablet/phone establishes a connection to the External Router's Network you will see the mixer pop up in the SETUP/CONNECT tab.

Option #5 - Computer with the XR18: ETHERNET MODE

- Make sure LAN port on computer is set to automatically obtain IP addresses. (TCP/IP options in Network management Settings) and that LAN MODE is set to DHCP to automatically get IP addressing from your computer. You have to be connected to the XR18 to change this setting. (Easy access point mode connection)
    - Connect ETHERNET cable from XR18 to computer.
    - Flip REMOTE switch in the front of the XR18 to ETHERNET.
    - Load X AIR EDIT App, after computer establishes a connection to the XR18 you will see the mixer pop up in the SETUP/CONNECT tab.

Option #6 - Access Point wit the XR18: ACCESS POINT MODE

- Flip REMOTE switch in the front of the XR18 to ACCESS POINT
    - Position the XR18 antenna towards the ceiling.
    - Connect to the XR18 ACCESS POINT (XR18-XX-XX-XX) WiFi Network.
    - Load X AIR EDIT App, after computer/tablet/phone establishes a connection to the ACCESS POINT WiFi Network you will see the mixer pop up in the SETUP/CONNECT tab.

Hope this clears up any questions with how to connect your devices.
    read more...
    1 98,847
    • Michael_Lapke
      JayMarr Hi Michael,

Are there any ways to hard wire an Android tablet to the XR-18?

I am debating buying/trying the BobJGear USB to Ethernet adapter so I can connect hard wire to my XR-18 with an Android.

Either:

Android --> hard wire to External Router --> External Router hard wire to XR-18 Ethernet port

or Android --> hardwire to XR-18 Ethernet port

Thanks for any insight,

- Jay
      • March 19, 2015
    • Michael_Lapke
      Michael_Lapke

Jay Marr;44262 wrote:

Hi Michael,

I am debating buying/trying the BobJGear USB to Ethernet adapter so I can connect hard wire to my XR-18 with an Android.

Either:

Android --> hard wire to External Router --> External Router hard wire to XR-18 Ethernet port

Thanks for any insight,

- Jay

Dear Jay,

I've went down to my local electronics warehouse just yesterday and was hoping to buy a mini USB to Ethernet adapter so I could try this out myself with my android tablet. Unfortunately they didn't have anything like that in stock.

Until I can get my hands on one of these adaptors I'm not sure if it will actually work. I've not seen any proof that the port on any Android tablet can be used for Ethernet connectivity. However I know these type of adaptors exist, so there is a possibility that it can work. I'm sure the tablet you are using will play a key factor in this as well.

If you find anything regarding this please let me know.
      • March 19, 2015
    • Michael_Lapke
      PeterKilgour

Jay Marr;44262 wrote:

Hi Michael,

Either:

Thanks for any insight,

- Jay

I'm really interested in finding this out as well.
      • March 20, 2015
    • Michael_Lapke
      LouisNel Hi,

Does option #5 (XR18 to computer via Ethernet cable) require a cross-over cable or just the straight cat5 cable?

Thanks,

Lou
      • March 20, 2015
    • Michael_Lapke
      VernonDensler Straight through cable works just fine.
      • March 20, 2015
  • hagen
    Contributor - Level 3
    2013-07-16
    We are happy to announce the latest TC Audio Interface Software release candidate for your preview.
    TC Audio Interface Software 3.2 release candidate f10 for OSX, Windows 64bit and 32bit

If you need to submit crash dumps, screen shots or any other files describing failures please do so to [email protected].
    [list=*]
  • OSX:
    [list=*]
  • kernel panic logs can be found at /Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports

• application crash logs at ~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports

• kernel logs at /var/log/kernel.log; 10.8+ kernel logs at /var/log/system.log

• Windows:
    [list=*]
  • install logs can be found at \Windows\inf\setupapi.dev.log (XP: \Windows\setupapi.log)

• kernel crash dumps at \Windows\MiniDump

• application crash dumps can be enabled by following Collecting User-Mode Dumps

• Thanks a lot for all your investigations! This is very much appreciated!

Whats new
    3.2 release candidate f10
    [list=*]
  • based on TC Applied Technologies DICE driver 4.1.3 with lots of bug fixes and performance improvements
    [list=*]
  • Windows release notes

• OSX release notes

• Some hints to make a succesful installation: [list=*]
  • Supported OSX versions are Mointain Lion (10.8) with 64bit Intel kernel, Lion (10.7), Windows Vista/7/8 and Snow Leopard (10.6) with 32bit and 64bit Intel kernel and Windows XP-SP3 with 32bit Intel kernel
    it probably also works with Leopard (10.5) with 32bit Intel kernel; but we will not test, nor provide support anymore

• Known issues:
    [list=*]
  • OSX[list=*]
  • Reboot needed after installation (but not enforced by installer)

• read more...
    0 96,845
    • hagen
      werner Hi Hagen,

I just wanna say thank you for ongoing driver improvements of the Impact Twin unit. Highly appreciated.
      • July 16, 2013
    • hagen
      yanovski Thank you for that.

Congrats for ongoing support.
      • July 16, 2013
    • hagen
      rw35 Still the Fabrik plugins are disabled in Cubase on this release, they have never worked since 2.5
      • July 16, 2013
    • hagen
      kdarbyshirebrya Hi Hagan & all @ TC,

First off, echoing what has already been said, many thanks for the continued support & driver improvements, very much appreciated.

DPC:

My DPC issue still persists with this driver BUT I'm beginning to think it's a reporting anomaly rather than anything actually wrong. My pops'n'ticks have gone away despite seeing some latency spikes, whether this is new driver related I don't know. Using 'latencymon' (http://www.resplendence.com/latencymon) it looks like 'wdf01000.sys - kernel mode driver framework runtime' suffers from DPC issues...and it appears to be called by the TC Near driver. Interestingly swapping to legacy firewire driver puts the ISR & DPC load onto an 'ohci1394.sys' rather than wdf01000.sys and this doesn't report latency spikes. Make of that what you will but I'm not convinced that TC Near actually has a problem.

Minor notes:

Setup->Output->Source column 'Link button' tooptip has 'Tooltip::IO2_Output::LinkButton' as the tooltip.

Setup->Output->Speaker Setup->Assign column 'main/sub' tooltips have 'Tooltip::IO2_Output::AssignComboBox' as the tooltip

Enhancement requests:

1 - Improve monitor bass management: Please can you provide a speaker type of 'Large' in addition to 'main & sub' which has no bass management facility associated with it. 'Main' should be re-named 'Small' and should retain the existing bass management filtering options. This would allow a monitoring configuration of full range loudspeakers for Left & Right, with smaller (and less bass capable) Center & Surrounds. Or indeed full range L,C,R but limited Surrounds. If you *really* wanted to get clever then have different crossover settings for each speaker! In my opinion either of the above options would significantly enhance the bass management section of the SK48 and allow it to be a great monitor controller....even standalone!

2) Really minor cosmetic enhancement: Can you get the master volume ring displayed in TC Near control panel to light up & correspond with the remote control's real display please.

Once again, thanks for your continued support of the product and your great work.

Kevin
      • July 17, 2013
    • hagen
      hagen Thanks everybody for the kind responses so far...!

kdarbyshirebryant wrote:

My DPC issue still persists with this driver BUT I'm beginning to think it's a reporting anomaly rather than anything actually wrong. My pops'n'ticks have gone away despite seeing some latency spikes, whether this is new driver related I don't know. Using 'latencymon' (http://www.resplendence.com/latencymon) it looks like 'wdf01000.sys - kernel mode driver framework runtime' suffers from DPC issues...and it appears to be called by the TC Near driver. Interestingly swapping to legacy firewire driver puts the ISR & DPC load onto an 'ohci1394.sys' rather than wdf01000.sys and this doesn't report latency spikes. Make of that what you will but I'm not convinced that TC Near actually has a problem.

The TC Near sys is not a KMDF based driver since there is no firewire KMDF support from Microsoft. What you see here is a result of Microsofts "new" 1394 bus driver using KMDF. If there are DPC spikes introduced by wdf01000.sys than its because something is fishy in the KMDF based 1394 bus driver stage.

As reported here before we have seen various issues with both implementations, so we cannot recommend the use of one or another. It seems that either the legacy 1394 bus driver operates better on one system or the "new" KMDF based one. In a few cases both will show issues though or there are even 1394 controller hardware issues.

But most systems will work flawless with both implementations.
      • July 17, 2013
  • quantize
    Contributor - Level 2
    2013-10-29
    Hagen mentioned there might be a fix in the works..i confess I'm checking here daily now - especially after doing a test install of 10.9 (which is a LOT faster and smoother than any 10.7 or 10.8 build)

Is there any hope/progress?
    0 96,053
  • hagen
    Contributor - Level 3
    2015-10-30
    We are happy to provide an preview on TC Audio Interface Software 3.5
    TC Audio Interface Software 3.5 for OSX, 64bit and 32bit Windows

Please find here the latest TCNear related development. Please always keep in mind that you should avoid using this software on a production machine, as regressions are to be expected.

Some advice to fix issues as quick as possible:
    [list=*]
  • Please be descriptive as possible!
    What seems to be obvious on your system, may seem completely different in our test setup.
    "It doesn't work" is not a bug report.

• Reproduce an issue! Include detailed steps on how to reproduce an issue in your report: What happened when your were doing what?

• Verify an issue! Please make sure its not an user error or side effect of something. (It takes a lot of time to reproduce bogus issues here! Time we would rather spent in fixing issues.)

• Always make sure we know your Konnekt hardware and TCNear software version, OS Version, if its 32 or 64bit, DAW Version (if related to the bug reported) and any other software involved in this bug.
    Include all information also if you need to submit additional files to [email protected].

• If you need to submit crash dumps, screen shots or any other files describing failures please do so to [email protected].
    [list=*]
  • OSX:
    [list=*]

• kernel logs at /var/log/kernel.log; 10.8+ kernel logs at /var/log/system.log

• Windows:
    [list=*]
  • install logs can be found at \Windows\inf\setupapi.dev.log

• application crash logs can be enabled by following Collecting User-Mode Dumps

Whats new
    3.5 f27
    [list=*]
  • Maintenance release for OSX 10.11 "El Capitan" and Windows 10 compatibility

• based on TCAT firewire driver 4.2
    [list=*]
  • OSX release notes

• Windows release notes

• OSX: completely removed PPC targets from the universal binaries of Plugins and all TCNear system software, TCNear system software has been updated and based on latest SDKs and dev tools to ensure compatibility with latest OSX versions

• Windows: TCNear system software has been updated and based on latest SDKs and dev tools to ensure compatibility with latest Windows versions

• Known issues:
    [list=*]
  • TCAT is currently working on finalising driver compatibility for OSX 10.11 and Windows 10. The final TCNear software update will contain the updated driver version.
    The included TCAT driver version 4.2 can be installed on machines running OSX 10.11 and Windows 10. There are however issues with certain setups.

• OSX[list=*]
  • Can only be installed on OSX 10.8.3 or later

• Windows[list=*]
  • requires Windows 7 or later

• read more...
    0 89,589
    • hagen
      geifox Thankyouu! I'll test it!
      • October 30, 2015
    • hagen
      geifox Sorry but for me is the same problem in Ableton live.

I can't choose the interface in audio driver.

I have only "core audio"... why?

I can choose only in-out of TC.

It's normal?

Please see the screenshot.

http://it.tinypic.com/r/2whqm3b/9

Help me?

Thankyou.
      • October 30, 2015
    • hagen
      Bulito Thank you so much!!!
      • October 30, 2015
    • hagen
      Bulito The same problem too.

My iMac Doesn't detect my impact twin.

I have install the package and:

1.- the blue led of connection in my impact twin continues off

2.- the TC near Control panel (when i can run it. Not always) shows "no device found"... "looking for device"

3.- when i open de sound preferences of the damned "the captain"... my impact twin does not appear
      • October 30, 2015
    • hagen
      hagen

geifox wrote:

Sorry but for me is the same problem in Ableton live.

I can't choose the interface in audio driver.

I have only "core audio"... why?

I can choose only in-out of TC.

It's normal?

Please see the screenshot.

http://it.tinypic.com/r/2whqm3b/9

Help me?

Thankyou.

What else would you expect to see here?
      • October 31, 2015
  • SethCall
    Contributor - Level 2
    2015-05-22
    I noticed yesterday that the UM2 Windows drivers made my Behringer are gone.

Knowing that the UCG102 shares the same driver, I went to it's download page, and it's also gone:

http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/UM2.aspx
    http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/UCG102.aspx

What's going on here? Did I catch the website during an update gone wrong? Or is something else going on?

Ultimately ... are they coming back?

Any help would be appreciated,
    Seth
    read more...
    0 88,233
    • SethCall
      Michael_Lapke Hi Seth,

Welcome to the forums! I'm not sure why you can't see the drivers but I just checked and they are indeed there. (both links) After clicking either of the links you provided just click on "download" and then scroll down and you should see it.
      • May 22, 2015
    • SethCall
      SethCall Hi Michael,

Thanks for the response.

If I click either link, and scroll all the way to the bottom, the only driver available in the section called 'Drivers' is ASIO4ALL (definitely not the driver I'm looking for).

This is quite unexpected; until very recently, someone could also find both the Behringer 32bit and 64bit Windows drivers in that section as well.

Are you seeing more than just the ASIO4ALL driver? Or has something indeed gone off the rails here?

Thanks!

Seth
      • May 22, 2015
    • SethCall
      DavidWilson1 Hey Michael -

I have the same question. The only driver listed now is ASIO4ALL, which is not good. Where did the Windows ASIO driver written by Behringer specifically for the UM2 go? It's not there, and it used to be. The Behringer driver was/is good. ASIO4ALL not good.
      • May 26, 2015
    • SethCall
      SethCall Hi Michael,

I hate to be a bother but do you have any insight into this problem?

Thanks,

Seth
      • May 29, 2015
    • SethCall
      Michael_Lapke Seth,

You will notice underneath where the ASIO4ALL driver is on those webpages it says:

ASIO4ALL USB Audio Driver

- Combined 32/64-bit 3rd party driver for Windows

- Supports Windows XP to 7 (32/64-bit)

- For OS X no drivers required

This is indeed the driver you are are looking for. Have you tried installing it yet?
      • May 29, 2015
  • JohnMilner
    Super Contributor - Level 2
    2016-04-27
    For anyone who might be interested, the X Air iEQ App for iPhone and iPad is available in the App Store:

https://itunesconnect.apple.com/WebObjects/iTunesConnect.woa/ra/ng/app/1106383513

The App permits remote control of the DEQ racks in the X Air series of consoles, and also allows Auto-EQ of FOH and Monitors.
    read more...
    0 87,969
    • JohnMilner
      KevinKommit How does auto EQ work and what does it do?
      • April 27, 2016
    • JohnMilner
      MarkMel This is very cool. A couple of questions;

What mic will it use to do the auto eq? The one in the iPhone or iPad?

If I am running an android tablet, I'm assuming this can be used at the same time to auto eq?

Thanks!
      • April 27, 2016
    • JohnMilner
      GeraldCampbell Has anyone tried this app yet looks interesting but I hate to spend $9 if it not working right. Wish there was a demo version.
      • April 27, 2016
    • JohnMilner
      KennethOsmanich I am wondering if it will control the EQ screen for the X-air mixers?

Someone must have tried this...
      • April 28, 2016
    • JohnMilner
      AbrahamRay

Kenneth Osmanich;75100 wrote:

I am wondering if it will control the EQ screen for the X-air mixers?

Someone must have tried this...

Looks like, from the description on the store, that it can control the GEQ/TEQ, if you are using it... as I do not, typically, so I would not use this... when he comes out with FPM app, that will be nice and will easily get my money, even if I only use it until the offical Q app comes out... if this controled PEQ/VEQ, I would happily give him my $9 (c'mon its only $9 and he spent the time to make it).
      • April 28, 2016
  • werner
    Contributor - Level 2
    2007-11-13
    Hello,
    when will software 3.0 release and will it support vista?

Best regards
    Werner
    0 68,337
    • werner
      husker to be very specific - will they support vista 64
      • November 13, 2007
    • werner
      Purusha Here's also hoping for Vista 32 and 64 bit versions ASAP.
      • November 13, 2007
    • werner
      nls will there be a public preview??
      • November 13, 2007
    • werner
      husker i also wonder if it will be vst 3 spec - I knwo steinberg have involved a few plug-in developers in the p[roduction of the vst 3 spec - If it was TC (and they have had previous links with steinbug) could they possible have included cubase acceptable sidechains in the plug's design ?
      • November 14, 2007
    • werner
      bashar I dont understand how can they announce V3 shipping next month with the PowC X8 when it is still in beta 2.5.16 and barely works?!
      • November 15, 2007
  • hagen
    Contributor - Level 3
    2017-01-20
    This release is not maintained by TC. Please don't bother support if anything is not working! TC is not involved in any of the development anymore. TC kindly offered this place for sharing.

unofficial PowerCore 4.5 beta 72
    macOS, Windows 64bit, Windows 32bit
    (by downloading pre-released PowerCore software you agree to the conditions outlined at welcome!)

If you need to submit crash dumps, screen shots or any other files describing failures please do so solely to [email protected].
    [list=*]
  • macOS:
    [list=*]
  • install logs at /var/log/install.log; uninstall logs at /var/log/powercore_uninstall.log

• kernel logs:
    [list=*]
  • prior macOS Sierra: at /var/log/system.log

• from macOS Sierra on: issue log stream --predicate 'senderImagePath contains "PowerCore"'

• Windows:
    [list=*]
  • install logs can be found at \Windows\inf\setupapi.dev.log

• application crash logs can be enabled by following Collecting User-Mode Dumps

Whats new
    4.5 b72: (P/OS 4.4.0f46)[list=*]
  • macOS[list=*]
  • fixed regression in b71 leading to instability and sluggish behaviour

• Windows[list=*]
  • no changes - same as b71

• Some hints to make a successful installation: [list=*]
  • Backup any separately installed TC plugins! They might get overridden

• Supported OS versions are macOS 10.8.3 and later (with 64bit kernel) and Windows 7 SP1 + KB3033929 and later (with 32bit and 64bit kernel)

• macOS: If updated from a previous PowerCore 4.5 installation a reboot is required!

• Windows: Please ensure that you have recently updated your system (otherwise certificates needed to check if the driver is correctly signed could be outdated leading to "device cannot start").

• All PowerCore Firewire versions are supported, PCIe, PCI MkII and Classic PowerCore PCI are supported.

• Known issues:
    [list=*]
  • PowerCore/PCIe and PCI MkII do not work with Apples thunderbolt update to the PCIFamily.kext included in macOS 10.8.4 and later

• read more...
    0 67,916
    • hagen
      xiaomao Thank you! I still hope that TC plug-ins can be native 64-bit plug-ins, so that we have more confidence in the use of TC
      • January 20, 2017
    • hagen
      dilim78 Hi Hagen. Updated MacOS 10.11.6 Logic Pro 10.3. PowerCore 4.5 beta 72 .

System overload.

The audio engine was unable to process all required data in time.

You can try increasing the I/O buffer size, change the Multithreading option at Logic Pro X > Preferences > Audio > Devices.

and noise

I sent all info to pocobeta

Thanks.
      • January 20, 2017
    • hagen
      hagen

dilim78 wrote:

Hi Hagen. Updated MacOS 10.11.6 Logic Pro 10.3. PowerCore 4.5 beta 72 .

System overload.

The audio engine was unable to process all required data in time.

You can try increasing the I/O buffer size, change the Multithreading option at Logic Pro X > Preferences > Audio > Devices.

and noise

I sent all info to pocobeta

Thanks.

How are you using the 32bit PowerCore Audio Units in the 64bit Logic?
      • January 20, 2017
    • hagen
      dilim78 32 live
      • January 20, 2017
    • hagen
      JRMN Here also a powercore user who dont get the hardware working with this beta version @ 10.11.6

Im getting frustrated the powercore dont get recognized, so i don't even cant load my payed licenses..

I have already buyed new FW cables but nothing works for me, and no support for this device from TC ?
      • January 21, 2017
  • maqr
    Contributor - Level 2
    2010-11-28
    I've been having this problem since I switched to Win7 x64 about a year ago using beta drivers, but now with the v2.5 drivers out, it's time to get this fixed.

The problem is that WDM simply loses all sound sporadically. ASIO continues to function when this happens. To fix it, I have to either unplug/reconnect the FireWire cable to the computer or restart the Windows Audio system service.

Here's a description of the setup:
    - My device is a Konnekt Live.
    - The TC software package is version 2.5.0.6906, control panel is 2.5.0 r3583, and 1394 driver is 3.5.3.8786.
    - My motherboard is an Abit IP35 PRO(P35+ICH9R).
    - The FireWire chipset is an on-board TI TSB43AB22.
    - I have no DPC latency problems or other sound cards (on-board is disabled).

I'm convinced this is a driver error, because:
    - The exact same hardware did not have this problem under 32-bit Windows XP.
    - The problem seems to occur more frequently when programs which make heavy use of sound are left open, such as webpages with Flash, video games, iTunes, etc.
    - Restarting the Windows Audio service is a temporary fix.
    - ASIO continues to work while WDM dies, indicating that it's not a FireWire problem.
    - I have a friend with the exact same problem on a different computer with an Impact Twin.

My current work around is a bat file that restarts Windows Audio, it looks like this:
    net stop "Windows Audio"
    net start "Windows Audio"

The Event Viewer only has one type of recurring error which seems interesting, though I can't confirm if it correlates 100% to my audio loss problems:
    Windows Audio Device Graph glitch threshold count exceeded 
    Count : 0x0x33

As a programmer by trade, this is exactly the kind of thing that frustrates me the most. I know it's a programming error, and I know that I would fix it if it were open source. But instead, I have to rely on TC to get it right. I think this is about all of the useful debugging information that I can provide, and I hope someone (preferably a developer) at TC will reply to me and tell me what the status of this bug is.

If TC can't fix this, I'm not sure what to do about it. It looks like I could either get a new audio device (which I do not want to do, since this hardware is fine, if it just had proper drivers), or I could start disassembling the TC driver and learn some kernel hacking to try and fix it (which I'd love to be able to do, but I just don't have the time).

If anyone else has a clue as to what might technically be wrong (in case I go the driver hacking approach), please pitch in your ideas to this thread.
    read more...
    0 65,752
    • maqr
      nameless1 Exactly my experience. I've been complaining here about this for some time, but you wrapped it up much better (and I'm no system programmer). This is by far the most frustrating thing for me regarding my Konnekt.
      • November 28, 2010
    • maqr
      maqr Yeah, nameless1, it's definitely a driver bug. For now, it's slightly less annoying if you make the bat file that I described, but clearly that's not the right answer.

If I could reproduce the error on-demand it would make debugging it easier (for me and for TC). I'm trying to put together a little app that causes the crash, so I can find out where TC went wrong in the driver. Finding the bug should be possible, but I'm not too confident that I can work out a binary patch for a kernel driver. I might be coming to you for help testing

edit: do you happen to know if this also affected Windows Vista?
      • November 28, 2010
    • maqr
      nameless1 Never used it with Vista, sorry. Yes the bat file is helpful, but fixed driver would be much better - I hate when I lose sound during gaming - restarting the game is needed - or skype call - I use my Konnekt for everything

Unfortunately TC seems to care 90 % about ASIO.
      • November 29, 2010
    • maqr
      maqr

nameless1 wrote:

I hate when I lose sound during gaming - restarting the game is needed - or skype call - I use my Konnekt for everything

We have exactly the same problem.
      • November 29, 2010
    • maqr
      rune If you are experiencing this type of issue, try the following application to check for ISR, DPC, and pagefault issues:

http://www.resplendence.com/download/LatencyMon.exe

The TCNear driver is obviously not working in a vaccum here and there could be a number of things that cause that type of behavior.
      • November 29, 2010
  • nunocasais
    Contributor - Level 2
    2015-04-02
    Everyday I check on google and this forum is is there someone clever who builds up a solution to this detail that can be a lifesaver to a solo musician, and not only.
    Need a solution for tapping tempo... or need a device that tanslates midi clock from a midi device (that has the updated tempo from song to song) and convert it and send it to the XR18 OSC language.
    Does this exist or I am asking too much?
    Today I saw a big jump on this by a forum user, Colin Heron, that i salute and congratulate for his efforts to help us all.
    And now?
    read more...
    0 64,644
    • nunocasais
      DanBekkers

Nuno Casais;45693 wrote:

Everyday I check on google and this forum is is there someone clever who builds up a solution to this detail that can be a lifesaver to a solo musician, and not only.

Need a solution for tapping tempo... or need a device that tanslates midi clock from a midi device (that has the updated tempo from song to song) and convert it and send it to the XR18 OSC language.

Does this exist or I am asking too much?

Today I saw a big jump on this by a forum user, Colin Heron, that i salute and congratulate for his efforts to help us all.

And now?

Hi, I've been watching from the sidelines with interest...

Does this remote controllable tap delay function currently work on the X32? I'm not an expert, but rather than re-invent the wheel, shouldn't that be the starting point?

OSC documentation exists for the X32 http://www.academia.edu/9709659/UNOFFICIAL_X32_OSC_REMOTE_PROTOCOL

Is the XR18 OSC implementation a subset of the X32? Will it include this capability?
      • April 1, 2015
    • nunocasais
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Nuno and Dan.

I haven't forgot your initial request Nuno. There are a few of us working in the background on this midi to OSC adapter. Unfortunately it is going to take some time to get to the point of a working prototype. When I saw Colin's post of his project, a light came on and there may be a quick solution for your tap tempo footpedal needs. The arduino platform not only has libraries available for receiving and sending midi commands. But there are also OSC libraries as well. As you mentioned Nuno, this could be a "big jump" for what you (and others) have been asking for.

The answer to your question Dan is yes, OSC does have the necessary commands to set the tap tempo. By the way that OSC document was written by our own Patrick-Gilles Maillot and his website is here https://sites.google.com/site/patrickmaillot/x32 that not only includes his OSC document, but also a number of amazing X32 and X-Air apps.
      • April 2, 2015
    • nunocasais
      nunocasais Thank you very much Paul for keeping us in mind, and for your kindness and precious help.

Kind regards!

Paul Vannatto;45712 wrote:

Hi Nuno and Dan.

I haven't forgot your initial request Nuno. There are a few of us working in the background on this midi to OSC adapter. Unfortunately it is going to take some time to get to the point of a working prototype. When I saw Colin's post of his project, a light came on and there may be a quick solution for your tap tempo footpedal needs. The arduino platform not only has libraries available for receiving and sending midi commands. But there are also OSC libraries as well. As you mentioned Nuno, this could be a "big jump" for what you (and others) have been asking for.

The answer to your question Dan is yes, OSC does have the necessary commands to set the tap tempo. By the way that OSC document was written by our own Patrick-Gilles Maillot and his website is here https://sites.google.com/site/patrickmaillot/x32 that not only includes his OSC document, but also a number of amazing X32 and X-Air apps.
      • April 2, 2015
    • nunocasais
      JohnBaker To do tap tempo, you need a "master" that can generate and send MIDI clock, and a "slave" device (usually an FX pedal) that can receive and understand the MIDI clock. There are numerous devices out their for guitarist that can determine the tempo from a couple of taps, and then send out MIDI clock at the calculated tempo. The best I've found is the Molten Voltage "Tempode."

What makes this difficult, Nuno, is the XR18. To my knowledge, the XR stuff does not understand (can't receive and sync to) MIDI clock data. (Correct me if I'm wrong, X32 experts.) The time-based FX in the X18 (delay, chorus, etc) need to receive OSC parameters for Speed or Time. So, that means you need a special customized doo-dad (i.e. Arduino, MIDI CPU, etc) with some code in it that will understand (or generate) MIDI clock tempo, extract the current tempo, and stick that tempo into the proper OSC command (for the FX Speed or Time) and send it via MIDI to the XR.

What a silly pain in the arp! Why can't Behringer just update some code so that the XR products support MIDI clock? Its not a big deal. The XR wouldn't necessarily need to generate or calculate the clock tempo (be a master), it just needs to receive it (be a slave) and also pass it thru. Then those of us who already have or want to buy stuff that generate MIDI clock (which is quite common for guitar players, and also common in many MIDI-based apps) can command the XR mixer to get in sync.
      • April 2, 2015
    • nunocasais
      nunocasais Totally agree with you John.

My setup works like this:

AUDIO PATH - Acoustic guitar with a Midi Pickup > Roland GR-55 Guitar Synth > Boss RC-300 Loopstation > XR18 Input

MIDI PATH - Boss RC-300 Loopstation Midi Out > Roland GR-55 Guitar Synth

Fortunatly, my Boss loopstation makes my work a lot easier, because any time I build a loop, the RC-300 automatically detects my tempo, that is sent via Midi Clock to the GR-55 (acting as a Slave).

My goal was, simply, that the XR18 accepts this info like the GR-55 does, receiving Midi clock information and update automatically delay tempo.

Right now, i have my midi path a little bit different, because i am controlling via foot pedal the Delay FX on/off, wich consists on a foot control tap pedal hooked to the Boss-RC300 (master)that sends Midi CC on channel 2 to toggle delay On/off. Unfortunatly i can't do more than this, so i keep tapping tempo on my Ipad and playing guitar at the same time (like in a circus), and swithcing apps from X-Edit to my Lyrics App (Onsong)...

Only those who play alone knows what i am talking about.

We need the XR-18 to be a little bit more friendly...
      • April 2, 2015
Go to page