Statistics

306,019 members
190,365 posts
  • HansHenrik
    Contributor - Level 2
    2007-11-15
    Hej

Does anyone know when the drivers will come for 64-bit vista ? The powercore software is the only that I miss, in 64 bit before I change my DAW to vista 64bit.

Hans Henrik
    0 99,971
    • HansHenrik
      lonestar Seconded!!!!!
      • November 15, 2007
    • HansHenrik
      Purusha Powercore and Virus Ti are the only 2 pieces of the jigsaw I'm missing.
      • November 15, 2007
    • HansHenrik
      DiscoLfo I would take the 32 bit drivers please and thank you.

Just came back to recording after 1 year away and was astonished that TC still doesn't have th 32bit vista driver let alone the 64bit

My MoTU has them and they are solid

HansHenrik wrote:

Hej

Does anyone know when the drivers will come for 64-bit vista ? The powercore software is the only that I miss, in 64 bit before I change my DAW to vista 64bit.

Hans Henrik
      • November 15, 2007
    • HansHenrik
      Purusha According to the v3 thread, we're not even getting Vista 32 bit drivers as part of the new release.

Gah!
      • November 22, 2007
    • HansHenrik
      Purusha I think TC have said they've nearly cracked Vista. The fear is: they're only doing 32 bit drivers, not 64 bit drivers.
      • January 13, 2008
  • hagen
    Contributor - Level 3
    2013-07-16
    We are happy to announce the latest TC Audio Interface Software release candidate for your preview.
    TC Audio Interface Software 3.2 release candidate f10 for OSX, Windows 64bit and 32bit

If you need to submit crash dumps, screen shots or any other files describing failures please do so to [email protected].
    [list=*]
  • OSX:
    [list=*]
  • kernel panic logs can be found at /Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports

• application crash logs at ~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports

• kernel logs at /var/log/kernel.log; 10.8+ kernel logs at /var/log/system.log

• Windows:
    [list=*]
  • install logs can be found at \Windows\inf\setupapi.dev.log (XP: \Windows\setupapi.log)

• kernel crash dumps at \Windows\MiniDump

• application crash dumps can be enabled by following Collecting User-Mode Dumps

• Thanks a lot for all your investigations! This is very much appreciated!

Whats new
    3.2 release candidate f10
    [list=*]
  • based on TC Applied Technologies DICE driver 4.1.3 with lots of bug fixes and performance improvements
    [list=*]
  • Windows release notes

• OSX release notes

• Some hints to make a succesful installation: [list=*]
  • Supported OSX versions are Mointain Lion (10.8) with 64bit Intel kernel, Lion (10.7), Windows Vista/7/8 and Snow Leopard (10.6) with 32bit and 64bit Intel kernel and Windows XP-SP3 with 32bit Intel kernel
    it probably also works with Leopard (10.5) with 32bit Intel kernel; but we will not test, nor provide support anymore

• Known issues:
    [list=*]
  • OSX[list=*]
  • Reboot needed after installation (but not enforced by installer)

• read more...
    0 96,849
    • hagen
      werner Hi Hagen,

I just wanna say thank you for ongoing driver improvements of the Impact Twin unit. Highly appreciated.
      • July 16, 2013
    • hagen
      yanovski Thank you for that.

Congrats for ongoing support.
      • July 16, 2013
    • hagen
      rw35 Still the Fabrik plugins are disabled in Cubase on this release, they have never worked since 2.5
      • July 16, 2013
    • hagen
      kdarbyshirebrya Hi Hagan & all @ TC,

First off, echoing what has already been said, many thanks for the continued support & driver improvements, very much appreciated.

DPC:

My DPC issue still persists with this driver BUT I'm beginning to think it's a reporting anomaly rather than anything actually wrong. My pops'n'ticks have gone away despite seeing some latency spikes, whether this is new driver related I don't know. Using 'latencymon' (http://www.resplendence.com/latencymon) it looks like 'wdf01000.sys - kernel mode driver framework runtime' suffers from DPC issues...and it appears to be called by the TC Near driver. Interestingly swapping to legacy firewire driver puts the ISR & DPC load onto an 'ohci1394.sys' rather than wdf01000.sys and this doesn't report latency spikes. Make of that what you will but I'm not convinced that TC Near actually has a problem.

Minor notes:

Setup->Output->Source column 'Link button' tooptip has 'Tooltip::IO2_Output::LinkButton' as the tooltip.

Setup->Output->Speaker Setup->Assign column 'main/sub' tooltips have 'Tooltip::IO2_Output::AssignComboBox' as the tooltip

Enhancement requests:

1 - Improve monitor bass management: Please can you provide a speaker type of 'Large' in addition to 'main & sub' which has no bass management facility associated with it. 'Main' should be re-named 'Small' and should retain the existing bass management filtering options. This would allow a monitoring configuration of full range loudspeakers for Left & Right, with smaller (and less bass capable) Center & Surrounds. Or indeed full range L,C,R but limited Surrounds. If you *really* wanted to get clever then have different crossover settings for each speaker! In my opinion either of the above options would significantly enhance the bass management section of the SK48 and allow it to be a great monitor controller....even standalone!

2) Really minor cosmetic enhancement: Can you get the master volume ring displayed in TC Near control panel to light up & correspond with the remote control's real display please.

Once again, thanks for your continued support of the product and your great work.

Kevin
      • July 17, 2013
    • hagen
      hagen Thanks everybody for the kind responses so far...!

kdarbyshirebryant wrote:

My DPC issue still persists with this driver BUT I'm beginning to think it's a reporting anomaly rather than anything actually wrong. My pops'n'ticks have gone away despite seeing some latency spikes, whether this is new driver related I don't know. Using 'latencymon' (http://www.resplendence.com/latencymon) it looks like 'wdf01000.sys - kernel mode driver framework runtime' suffers from DPC issues...and it appears to be called by the TC Near driver. Interestingly swapping to legacy firewire driver puts the ISR & DPC load onto an 'ohci1394.sys' rather than wdf01000.sys and this doesn't report latency spikes. Make of that what you will but I'm not convinced that TC Near actually has a problem.

The TC Near sys is not a KMDF based driver since there is no firewire KMDF support from Microsoft. What you see here is a result of Microsofts "new" 1394 bus driver using KMDF. If there are DPC spikes introduced by wdf01000.sys than its because something is fishy in the KMDF based 1394 bus driver stage.

As reported here before we have seen various issues with both implementations, so we cannot recommend the use of one or another. It seems that either the legacy 1394 bus driver operates better on one system or the "new" KMDF based one. In a few cases both will show issues though or there are even 1394 controller hardware issues.

But most systems will work flawless with both implementations.
      • July 17, 2013
  • quantize
    Contributor - Level 2
    2013-10-29
    Hagen mentioned there might be a fix in the works..i confess I'm checking here daily now - especially after doing a test install of 10.9 (which is a LOT faster and smoother than any 10.7 or 10.8 build)

Is there any hope/progress?
    0 96,081
  • hagen
    Contributor - Level 3
    2015-10-30
    We are happy to provide an preview on TC Audio Interface Software 3.5
    TC Audio Interface Software 3.5 for OSX, 64bit and 32bit Windows

Please find here the latest TCNear related development. Please always keep in mind that you should avoid using this software on a production machine, as regressions are to be expected.

Some advice to fix issues as quick as possible:
    [list=*]
  • Please be descriptive as possible!
    What seems to be obvious on your system, may seem completely different in our test setup.
    "It doesn't work" is not a bug report.

• Reproduce an issue! Include detailed steps on how to reproduce an issue in your report: What happened when your were doing what?

• Verify an issue! Please make sure its not an user error or side effect of something. (It takes a lot of time to reproduce bogus issues here! Time we would rather spent in fixing issues.)

• Always make sure we know your Konnekt hardware and TCNear software version, OS Version, if its 32 or 64bit, DAW Version (if related to the bug reported) and any other software involved in this bug.
    Include all information also if you need to submit additional files to [email protected].

• If you need to submit crash dumps, screen shots or any other files describing failures please do so to [email protected].
    [list=*]
  • OSX:
    [list=*]

• kernel logs at /var/log/kernel.log; 10.8+ kernel logs at /var/log/system.log

• Windows:
    [list=*]
  • install logs can be found at \Windows\inf\setupapi.dev.log

• application crash logs can be enabled by following Collecting User-Mode Dumps

Whats new
    3.5 f27
    [list=*]
  • Maintenance release for OSX 10.11 "El Capitan" and Windows 10 compatibility

• based on TCAT firewire driver 4.2
    [list=*]
  • OSX release notes

• Windows release notes

• OSX: completely removed PPC targets from the universal binaries of Plugins and all TCNear system software, TCNear system software has been updated and based on latest SDKs and dev tools to ensure compatibility with latest OSX versions

• Windows: TCNear system software has been updated and based on latest SDKs and dev tools to ensure compatibility with latest Windows versions

• Known issues:
    [list=*]
  • TCAT is currently working on finalising driver compatibility for OSX 10.11 and Windows 10. The final TCNear software update will contain the updated driver version.
    The included TCAT driver version 4.2 can be installed on machines running OSX 10.11 and Windows 10. There are however issues with certain setups.

• OSX[list=*]
  • Can only be installed on OSX 10.8.3 or later

• Windows[list=*]
  • requires Windows 7 or later

• read more...
    0 89,597
    • hagen
      geifox Thankyouu! I'll test it!
      • October 30, 2015
    • hagen
      geifox Sorry but for me is the same problem in Ableton live.

I can't choose the interface in audio driver.

I have only "core audio"... why?

I can choose only in-out of TC.

It's normal?

Please see the screenshot.

http://it.tinypic.com/r/2whqm3b/9

Help me?

Thankyou.
      • October 30, 2015
    • hagen
      Bulito Thank you so much!!!
      • October 30, 2015
    • hagen
      Bulito The same problem too.

My iMac Doesn't detect my impact twin.

I have install the package and:

1.- the blue led of connection in my impact twin continues off

2.- the TC near Control panel (when i can run it. Not always) shows "no device found"... "looking for device"

3.- when i open de sound preferences of the damned "the captain"... my impact twin does not appear
      • October 30, 2015
    • hagen
      hagen

geifox wrote:

Sorry but for me is the same problem in Ableton live.

I can't choose the interface in audio driver.

I have only "core audio"... why?

I can choose only in-out of TC.

It's normal?

Please see the screenshot.

http://it.tinypic.com/r/2whqm3b/9

Help me?

Thankyou.

What else would you expect to see here?
      • October 31, 2015
  • SethCall
    Contributor - Level 2
    2015-05-22
    I noticed yesterday that the UM2 Windows drivers made my Behringer are gone.

Knowing that the UCG102 shares the same driver, I went to it's download page, and it's also gone:

http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/UM2.aspx
    http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/UCG102.aspx

What's going on here? Did I catch the website during an update gone wrong? Or is something else going on?

Ultimately ... are they coming back?

Any help would be appreciated,
    Seth
    read more...
    0 88,391
    • SethCall
      Michael_Lapke Hi Seth,

Welcome to the forums! I'm not sure why you can't see the drivers but I just checked and they are indeed there. (both links) After clicking either of the links you provided just click on "download" and then scroll down and you should see it.
      • May 22, 2015
    • SethCall
      SethCall Hi Michael,

Thanks for the response.

If I click either link, and scroll all the way to the bottom, the only driver available in the section called 'Drivers' is ASIO4ALL (definitely not the driver I'm looking for).

This is quite unexpected; until very recently, someone could also find both the Behringer 32bit and 64bit Windows drivers in that section as well.

Are you seeing more than just the ASIO4ALL driver? Or has something indeed gone off the rails here?

Thanks!

Seth
      • May 22, 2015
    • SethCall
      DavidWilson1 Hey Michael -

I have the same question. The only driver listed now is ASIO4ALL, which is not good. Where did the Windows ASIO driver written by Behringer specifically for the UM2 go? It's not there, and it used to be. The Behringer driver was/is good. ASIO4ALL not good.
      • May 26, 2015
    • SethCall
      SethCall Hi Michael,

I hate to be a bother but do you have any insight into this problem?

Thanks,

Seth
      • May 29, 2015
    • SethCall
      Michael_Lapke Seth,

You will notice underneath where the ASIO4ALL driver is on those webpages it says:

ASIO4ALL USB Audio Driver

- Combined 32/64-bit 3rd party driver for Windows

- Supports Windows XP to 7 (32/64-bit)

- For OS X no drivers required

This is indeed the driver you are are looking for. Have you tried installing it yet?
      • May 29, 2015
  • JohnMilner
    Super Contributor - Level 2
    2016-04-27
    For anyone who might be interested, the X Air iEQ App for iPhone and iPad is available in the App Store:

https://itunesconnect.apple.com/WebObjects/iTunesConnect.woa/ra/ng/app/1106383513

The App permits remote control of the DEQ racks in the X Air series of consoles, and also allows Auto-EQ of FOH and Monitors.
    read more...
    0 88,007
    • JohnMilner
      KevinKommit How does auto EQ work and what does it do?
      • April 27, 2016
    • JohnMilner
      MarkMel This is very cool. A couple of questions;

What mic will it use to do the auto eq? The one in the iPhone or iPad?

If I am running an android tablet, I'm assuming this can be used at the same time to auto eq?

Thanks!
      • April 27, 2016
    • JohnMilner
      GeraldCampbell Has anyone tried this app yet looks interesting but I hate to spend $9 if it not working right. Wish there was a demo version.
      • April 27, 2016
    • JohnMilner
      KennethOsmanich I am wondering if it will control the EQ screen for the X-air mixers?

Someone must have tried this...
      • April 28, 2016
    • JohnMilner
      AbrahamRay

Kenneth Osmanich;75100 wrote:

I am wondering if it will control the EQ screen for the X-air mixers?

Someone must have tried this...

Looks like, from the description on the store, that it can control the GEQ/TEQ, if you are using it... as I do not, typically, so I would not use this... when he comes out with FPM app, that will be nice and will easily get my money, even if I only use it until the offical Q app comes out... if this controled PEQ/VEQ, I would happily give him my $9 (c'mon its only $9 and he spent the time to make it).
      • April 28, 2016
  • werner
    Contributor - Level 2
    2007-11-13
    Hello,
    when will software 3.0 release and will it support vista?

Best regards
    Werner
    0 68,345
    • werner
      husker to be very specific - will they support vista 64
      • November 13, 2007
    • werner
      Purusha Here's also hoping for Vista 32 and 64 bit versions ASAP.
      • November 13, 2007
    • werner
      nls will there be a public preview??
      • November 13, 2007
    • werner
      husker i also wonder if it will be vst 3 spec - I knwo steinberg have involved a few plug-in developers in the p[roduction of the vst 3 spec - If it was TC (and they have had previous links with steinbug) could they possible have included cubase acceptable sidechains in the plug's design ?
      • November 14, 2007
    • werner
      bashar I dont understand how can they announce V3 shipping next month with the PowC X8 when it is still in beta 2.5.16 and barely works?!
      • November 15, 2007
  • hagen
    Contributor - Level 3
    2017-01-20
    This release is not maintained by TC. Please don't bother support if anything is not working! TC is not involved in any of the development anymore. TC kindly offered this place for sharing.

unofficial PowerCore 4.5 beta 72
    macOS, Windows 64bit, Windows 32bit
    (by downloading pre-released PowerCore software you agree to the conditions outlined at welcome!)

If you need to submit crash dumps, screen shots or any other files describing failures please do so solely to [email protected].
    [list=*]
  • macOS:
    [list=*]
  • install logs at /var/log/install.log; uninstall logs at /var/log/powercore_uninstall.log

• kernel logs:
    [list=*]
  • prior macOS Sierra: at /var/log/system.log

• from macOS Sierra on: issue log stream --predicate 'senderImagePath contains "PowerCore"'

• Windows:
    [list=*]
  • install logs can be found at \Windows\inf\setupapi.dev.log

• application crash logs can be enabled by following Collecting User-Mode Dumps

Whats new
    4.5 b72: (P/OS 4.4.0f46)[list=*]
  • macOS[list=*]
  • fixed regression in b71 leading to instability and sluggish behaviour

• Windows[list=*]
  • no changes - same as b71

• Some hints to make a successful installation: [list=*]
  • Backup any separately installed TC plugins! They might get overridden

• Supported OS versions are macOS 10.8.3 and later (with 64bit kernel) and Windows 7 SP1 + KB3033929 and later (with 32bit and 64bit kernel)

• macOS: If updated from a previous PowerCore 4.5 installation a reboot is required!

• Windows: Please ensure that you have recently updated your system (otherwise certificates needed to check if the driver is correctly signed could be outdated leading to "device cannot start").

• All PowerCore Firewire versions are supported, PCIe, PCI MkII and Classic PowerCore PCI are supported.

• Known issues:
    [list=*]
  • PowerCore/PCIe and PCI MkII do not work with Apples thunderbolt update to the PCIFamily.kext included in macOS 10.8.4 and later

• read more...
    0 68,154
    • hagen
      xiaomao Thank you! I still hope that TC plug-ins can be native 64-bit plug-ins, so that we have more confidence in the use of TC
      • January 20, 2017
    • hagen
      dilim78 Hi Hagen. Updated MacOS 10.11.6 Logic Pro 10.3. PowerCore 4.5 beta 72 .

System overload.

The audio engine was unable to process all required data in time.

You can try increasing the I/O buffer size, change the Multithreading option at Logic Pro X > Preferences > Audio > Devices.

and noise

I sent all info to pocobeta

Thanks.
      • January 20, 2017
    • hagen
      hagen

dilim78 wrote:

Hi Hagen. Updated MacOS 10.11.6 Logic Pro 10.3. PowerCore 4.5 beta 72 .

System overload.

The audio engine was unable to process all required data in time.

You can try increasing the I/O buffer size, change the Multithreading option at Logic Pro X > Preferences > Audio > Devices.

and noise

I sent all info to pocobeta

Thanks.

How are you using the 32bit PowerCore Audio Units in the 64bit Logic?
      • January 20, 2017
    • hagen
      dilim78 32 live
      • January 20, 2017
    • hagen
      JRMN Here also a powercore user who dont get the hardware working with this beta version @ 10.11.6

Im getting frustrated the powercore dont get recognized, so i don't even cant load my payed licenses..

I have already buyed new FW cables but nothing works for me, and no support for this device from TC ?
      • January 21, 2017
  • maqr
    Contributor - Level 2
    2010-11-28
    I've been having this problem since I switched to Win7 x64 about a year ago using beta drivers, but now with the v2.5 drivers out, it's time to get this fixed.

The problem is that WDM simply loses all sound sporadically. ASIO continues to function when this happens. To fix it, I have to either unplug/reconnect the FireWire cable to the computer or restart the Windows Audio system service.

Here's a description of the setup:
    - My device is a Konnekt Live.
    - The TC software package is version 2.5.0.6906, control panel is 2.5.0 r3583, and 1394 driver is 3.5.3.8786.
    - My motherboard is an Abit IP35 PRO(P35+ICH9R).
    - The FireWire chipset is an on-board TI TSB43AB22.
    - I have no DPC latency problems or other sound cards (on-board is disabled).

I'm convinced this is a driver error, because:
    - The exact same hardware did not have this problem under 32-bit Windows XP.
    - The problem seems to occur more frequently when programs which make heavy use of sound are left open, such as webpages with Flash, video games, iTunes, etc.
    - Restarting the Windows Audio service is a temporary fix.
    - ASIO continues to work while WDM dies, indicating that it's not a FireWire problem.
    - I have a friend with the exact same problem on a different computer with an Impact Twin.

My current work around is a bat file that restarts Windows Audio, it looks like this:
    net stop "Windows Audio"
    net start "Windows Audio"

The Event Viewer only has one type of recurring error which seems interesting, though I can't confirm if it correlates 100% to my audio loss problems:
    Windows Audio Device Graph glitch threshold count exceeded 
    Count : 0x0x33

As a programmer by trade, this is exactly the kind of thing that frustrates me the most. I know it's a programming error, and I know that I would fix it if it were open source. But instead, I have to rely on TC to get it right. I think this is about all of the useful debugging information that I can provide, and I hope someone (preferably a developer) at TC will reply to me and tell me what the status of this bug is.

If TC can't fix this, I'm not sure what to do about it. It looks like I could either get a new audio device (which I do not want to do, since this hardware is fine, if it just had proper drivers), or I could start disassembling the TC driver and learn some kernel hacking to try and fix it (which I'd love to be able to do, but I just don't have the time).

If anyone else has a clue as to what might technically be wrong (in case I go the driver hacking approach), please pitch in your ideas to this thread.
    read more...
    0 65,773
    • maqr
      nameless1 Exactly my experience. I've been complaining here about this for some time, but you wrapped it up much better (and I'm no system programmer). This is by far the most frustrating thing for me regarding my Konnekt.
      • November 28, 2010
    • maqr
      maqr Yeah, nameless1, it's definitely a driver bug. For now, it's slightly less annoying if you make the bat file that I described, but clearly that's not the right answer.

If I could reproduce the error on-demand it would make debugging it easier (for me and for TC). I'm trying to put together a little app that causes the crash, so I can find out where TC went wrong in the driver. Finding the bug should be possible, but I'm not too confident that I can work out a binary patch for a kernel driver. I might be coming to you for help testing

edit: do you happen to know if this also affected Windows Vista?
      • November 28, 2010
    • maqr
      nameless1 Never used it with Vista, sorry. Yes the bat file is helpful, but fixed driver would be much better - I hate when I lose sound during gaming - restarting the game is needed - or skype call - I use my Konnekt for everything

Unfortunately TC seems to care 90 % about ASIO.
      • November 29, 2010
    • maqr
      maqr

nameless1 wrote:

I hate when I lose sound during gaming - restarting the game is needed - or skype call - I use my Konnekt for everything

We have exactly the same problem.
      • November 29, 2010
    • maqr
      rune If you are experiencing this type of issue, try the following application to check for ISR, DPC, and pagefault issues:

http://www.resplendence.com/download/LatencyMon.exe

The TCNear driver is obviously not working in a vaccum here and there could be a number of things that cause that type of behavior.
      • November 29, 2010
  • JohnDiNicola
    Contributor - Level 2
    2013-03-29
    Hi Everyone,

The X32 features a comprehensive Scene Management system that allows all parameters and settings to be instantly recalled at the touch of a button. The 100 scenes on the X32 can be imported and exported via USB Stick and parameters can be eliminated from Recall using the SAFE options. In this Tech Talk we will go into detail about how to use the SCENES menu on the X32.

Scenes vs. Shows: Know The Difference
    Scene - A scene is a single file containing a snapshot of the settings of the X32. When saving a scene, all parameters are ALWAYS saved. Upon recall, you have the options to "Safe", or prevent, certain parts of the scene from being recalled.

Shows - A Show File contains the 100 scenes that fill the slots of the X32's scene memory. Only a single show file can be loaded on the X32 at a time.
    *NOTE: When recalling a SHOW from USB, ALL scene files on the X32 would be overwritten with the scene files from that show.

Import / Export from USB:
    The X32 allows you to import and export both individual scenes and entire shows. Individual scenes can be saved to USB directly from the SCENES menu. To export a whole show, or to import a scene or show, press UTILITY while viewing the SCENES menu. You can also Copy, Paste, and Delete Scenes while viewing this UTILITY menu.

Using XControl for Enhanced Scene Management:
    Aside from easy setup and greater control of your mix, XControl software expands the scene capabilities of the X32.
    There are 2 main benefits to using XControl for Scene Management:
    1. 100 More Scenes: When using XControl as an online editor with the console, you have access to a second page of 100 scenes. This means that while using XControl you have 100 internal scenes labeled “Console” PLUS the 100 scenes labeled “XControl” bringing the total scenes available using XControl to 200.
    2. XControl has the ability to insert a scene between two scenes. This allows you to go back and create a space for a new scene at the beginning of the show without having to move all the following scenes down manually. This is particularly useful for theatre use with the X32.

Scene Safes:
    As stated earlier, Scene Safes will EXCLUDE that parameter from being recalled. For example, when walking into a new venue that has an X32, you could bring in your USB stick and recall your scene but "safe" the routing so that you would not overwrite that venue's routing configuration.
    This means that if you want to recall ALL parameters, all of these boxes need to be unchecked (not orange).

Descriptions of Safe Parameters:
    "Home" Screen Scene Safes: The safes on this menu are on a scene-by-scene basis. This means that you need to check the desired safe on each scene you plan to recall individually.

Routing I/O - All settings in the ROUTING menu
    Output Patch - Only the output pages of the ROUTING menu
    Preamp (HA) - Mic Gain and Phantom Power for inputs
    Configuration - Any recallable settings in the SETUP menu such as link preferences, panning mode, and bus pre-configuration
    Chan Process - Channel Strip processing for INPUT channels (starting with phase flip)
    Mix Buses - Mix Bus "Channel Strip" processing
    Effects - All settings within the EFFECTS page
    Talkback - All settings within the Talkback Settings

The settings on the following pages are global and will apply no matter which scene is recalled:

"Param Safe" Screen Scene Safes: Allows you to globally safe certain parameters across all input channels and mix buses. Global console safes such as routing and configuration are also found here. For example, if you choose Preamp (HA), then all mic gains would be safe from recall across all input channels.

"Chan Safe" Screen Scene Safes: Safes all parameters for a specific Channel, AUX / FX Return, Mix Bus, Matrix, DCA Group. This screen also allows you to individually safe any FX slot. One use for this could be the MC's mic at an event featuring multiple acts. You could safe his channel so that as you move through different scenes his mic would be unaffected, even if the scenes you are recalling have different settings for this input channel.

A Note About Presets vs. Scenes:
    In addition to Scenes, the X32 also features preset libraries. These "presets" are completely independent of scenes and allow you to save your favorite channel strip, routing, and FX settings. These are really handy because they can be loaded at any time and in any scene. This would allow you to save your favorite vocal EQ or routing setups without having to use a scene slot.

Things to remember when using Scene Management:
    1. If you want to recall all settings, make sure all safe options are UNCHECKED.
    2. The Safes on the Home Screen are set individually, scene by scene. For global safes, use the “Param Safe” and “Chan Safe” pages.

The X32 as you can see has great flexibility in Scene Management. We hope this Tech Talk will help you better understand and take advantage of these features. As usual, feel free to post your questions here. We will be back next week with another edition of Tech Talk.

Best,
    John DiNicola
    Senior Specialist, Product Support
    MUSIC Group
    BEHRINGER
    read more...
    0 65,630
    • JohnDiNicola
      MichaelBerries Will be great improve a "show load" protection by password, from usb

It is possible to load a particular scene from a Show saved in a usb stick?
      • March 29, 2013
    • JohnDiNicola
      KlausMock A great benefit would be to save/load the global scene safe configuration to/from usb.

Maybe this can also be part of the show management so that it can be loaded with the show.

I also like to see a per-scene option to allow me to recall only the main levels and mute states of the channels.

Think about this scenario. The first scene should load the initial state of the show, which means everything.

During the show only the main levels and mute states should be loaded to allow me to do some tweaks on the channel processing which should not be overwritten when the next scene is loaded.
      • March 29, 2013
    • JohnDiNicola
      JohnDiNicola

Michael Berries;4244 wrote:

Will be great improve a "show load" protection by password, from usb

It is possible to load a particular Scene from a Show saved in a usb stick?

Hi Michael,

Yes, it is possible to load a particular scene from a "show" saved to USB. When exporting a "show", individual "scene" files are also exported in addition to the "show" file. When viewing the SCENES menu, press UTILITY and you will see the option to import either a Show or Scene.

Best,

John DiNicola

MUSIC Group

BEHRINGER
      • March 31, 2013
    • JohnDiNicola
      MickBerg

John DiNicola;4269 wrote:

Hi Michael,

Yes, it is possible to load a particular scene from a "show" saved to USB. When exporting a "show", individual "scene" files are also exported in addition to the "show" file. When viewing the SCENES menu, press UTILITY and you will see the option to import either a Show or Scene.

Best,

John DiNicola

MUSIC Group

BEHRINGER

It seems to me that there is a small problem with this, if you want to import just one scene from a particular show. The scenes within a show are titled "my show.001" etc., so you don't know what scene it actually is. Is there a way to see the actual name of the scene?

Mick Berg.
      • April 8, 2013
    • JohnDiNicola
      JohnDiNicola

Mick Berg;4410 wrote:

It seems to me that there is a small problem with this, if you want to import just one scene from a particular show. The scenes within a show are titled "my show.001" etc., so you don't know what scene it actually is. Is there a way to see the actual name of the scene?

Mick Berg.

Hi Mick,

You are correct that the numbers at the end of the file are the only cue you have when loading individual scenes from an exported show. These numbers will correspond to the scene slot that the scene was originally saved in, (.001 - .100). Once you import a scene back onto an empty scene slot on the X32 (or in XControl), the name of the scene will be displayed in that slot. This at least gives you the chance to see the title before actually accidently pressing GO and loading on the wrong scene.

Best,

John DiNicola

MUSIC Group

BEHRINGER
      • April 9, 2013
Go to page