Statistics

306,084 members
190,432 posts
  • hagen
    Contributor - Level 3
    2013-01-23
    TC Audio Interface 3 release candidate (f25) for OSX, Windows 64bit and 32bit

If you need to submit crash dumps, screen shots or any other files describing failures please do so solely to [email protected].
    [list=*]
  • OSX:
    [list=*]
  • install logs at /var/log/install.log; uninstall logs at /var/log/tcnear_uninstall.log

• kernel panic logs can be found at /Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports

• application crash logs at ~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports

• kernel logs at /var/log/kernel.log; 10.8+ kernel logs at /var/log/system.log

• Windows:
    [list=*]
  • install logs can be found at \Windows\inf\setupapi.dev.log

• kernel crash dumps at \Windows\MiniDump

• application crash logs can be enabled by following Collecting User-Mode Dumps

• Thanks a lot for all your investigations! This is very much appreciated!

Whats new
    3.0 (f25)
    [list=*]
  • Windows: fixes Control Panel crash with Konnekt24

• 3.0 (f23)
    [list=*]
  • various Control Panel fixes for all platforms

• 3.0 (f22)
    [list=*]
  • Control Panel fixes

• 3.0 (f20)
    [list=*]
  • Installation names and locations corrected

• conflict with PowerCore Fabriks solved

• OSX[list=*]
  • Uninstaller included

• 3.0 (f13)
    [list=*]
  • various audio and MIDI driver related stability, performance and latency improvements

• various Control Panel and Plug-in fixes

• various Installation related issues fixed

• OSX[list=*]
  • OSX 10.8 Mountain Lion compatibility

• PPC support dropped

• Windows[list=*]
  • DPC spike checker tool included

• Some hints to make a succesful installation: [list=*]
  • Supported OS versions are Mointain Lion (10.8) with 64bit Intel kernel, Lion (10.7), Windows Vista/7 and Snow Leopard (10.6) with 32bit and 64bit Intel kernel and Windows XP-SP3 with 32bit Intel kernel
    It works with Windows 8 but we will officially support Windows 8 with the upcoming TC Audio Interface Software 3.1 (for now you may see installation related issues though).
    It also still works with Leopard (10.5) and 32bit Intel kernel; but we will not provide support anymore.

• Known issues:
    [list=*]
  • OSX[list=*]
  • plug-ins are disabled under 32bit bridge with 64bit Logic

• Windows[list=*]
  • Previous Installer (<3.0) does not correctly uninstall drivers; you may need to uninstall the driver manually.

• Studio Konnekt 48 Device Stacking @96kHz not working

• Plugins and Control Panel might not work with XP (we are still investigating)

• read more...
    0 42,297
    • hagen
      abada Finally! Thanks.
      • January 23, 2013
    • hagen
      dedalus TC Audio Interface 3 release candidate seems to work perfectly now in Windows 8 pro with Konnekt 24D. No panel crash and I'm able to lower my Asio buffer size without audio dropouts......Thanks
      • January 23, 2013
    • hagen
      rhythminmind Nice, CP loads just fine..
      • January 24, 2013
    • hagen
      joanba Same problem than previous version: selecting direct monitoring some channels and DAW main outs are muted. Soloing DAW main outs I can recover the sound but it disables direct monitoring. So I cannot play an instrument at same time than hearing music. I can provide you with two screenshots to clarify the problem.
      • January 24, 2013
    • hagen
      nixx I have uninstalled TC Near 2.5 from my Dell machine, restarted, installed 3.0 f25 64bit, and the CP says: "Driver version does not match control panel". Could you please help me?
      • January 24, 2013
  • Roblof
    Volunteer Moderator
    2017-02-10
    Dear X-Air users,

As you may already know all X-Air apps were updated to v1.5 and a new v1.15 firmware.

Report any reproducible problems about specific v1.5 related issues here. Bug reports listed elsewhere may go unnoticed.

Please list all of the steps to reproduce an issue, even if they may seem obvious. Don't forget to list the technical details and setup useful to reproduce the issue.

Problems reported here may or may not be officially acknowledged, however all reports will be looked at.

It is important to keep this issues tracking thread as clean as possible so posts that deviate too much from the intention of this thread will be moved/deleted without any notice from the moderators to keep it as clean as possible.

If you are uncertain if something is a bug/issue or not you are encouraged to start and keep extended discussions of the specifics in a separate thread in the troubleshooting or feature request section of this forum and just include a link to that discussion in this thread with a brief summary.

Enjoy!
    read more...
    0 42,226
    • Roblof
      PetriOjanperä
      • December 17, 2016
    • Roblof
      Roblof - John Baker wrote:

John Baker wrote:

I've collected the following from forum experiences/comments. I don't know which are repeatable, verified, and bona fide bugs; this is intended to help filter and collect knowledge.

- crashes as soon as you put in IP address and hit enter.

- compressor and gate envelope parameters not fixed

- channel fader send level digits not working when you send on any BUS (digits same as bus level but not channel level). Working properly on MAIN only.

- when scrolling to view the last fader channel it keeps snapping back to make the first channel on the screen left-aligned. As a result, you can't see the last fader in full unless you keep scrolling over and try to hold it there.

- no longer possible to scale the channels to a narrow view, so you can see 16 channels at once (can view only 8 channels at a time)

- on X-air12, the phantom power and gain fader are missing on channels 1 and 2.

- changes made on eq, gate or dynamics are not shown in main view

- changes made on the high-pass filter are not shown in the eq graphics.

- colors of the faders don't change with the chosen color of the master

- the 'page' + icons are missing so it's not possible to create presets

- Gate & Dyn Hold and Releases are displaying values as if they were linear parameters, but they're log - so the displayed values are wrong.
      • February 10, 2017
    • Roblof
      Roblof Due to human error one or two posts were accidentally deleted. Hopefully I was able to restore the contents of the posts.

Sorry about that...
      • February 10, 2017
    • Roblof
      Michael_Lapke

Robert Lofgren;94962 wrote:

Due to human error one or two posts were accidentally deleted.

Sorry about that...

Yes, it was my fault. My sincerest apologies to those posts that were deleted, it was an unintentional mistake on my part and wasn't able to be undone.

Also just a quick heads up, X AIR V1.5.1 for iPad is now available in the iTunes App Store and it addresses some of the problems raised already to our developers. We will continue to put out new releases taking other problems/suggestions into consideration in the future, stay tuned for details.

Thanks so much to everyone for providing this feedback as it is so critical in the improving of our current software/app offerings!
      • February 10, 2017
    • Roblof
      Roblof [COLOR=#3E3E3E][FONT=myriad-pro]Luis wrote:

On a XR16 unit running 1.13 firmware:[/FONT][/COLOR]

- If you create a channel layer to help faders visualization and control, you close the app, open again and it will be missing, you have to reload the show scene everytime to get it back or create the channel layer everytime.

- when loading a channel preset these parameters are not loading:

the input gain and phantom power;

insert engagement button and FX slot selection

Mute groups
      • February 10, 2017
  • JimTaylor
    Contributor - Level 2
    2012-12-07
    Recently one of the Band Members decided to visit me FOH instead of sitting back stage. Somehow he pressed the Lock Console knob and things went down hill very quickly. I opened my trusty pdf manual on my laptop and searched for "Lock Console" and "Unlock Console" only to find nothing. Since the break was coming to a rapid end I tried the only thing I could think of ... to reboot the console - which did work!

Later after the gig I searched this forum but found nothing about how to unlock a locked console. Fortunately I did find the answer on another forum and I thought that I would share the procedure.

To unlock a locked console just press the HOME key for 5 seconds and you are back in action.
    read more...
    0 41,468
    • JimTaylor
      MartinRehak Console lock - Setup page - Lock

Console unlock - hold Home (5 sec)
      • December 7, 2012
    • JimTaylor
      BobHarvey The lock/unlock instructions are cleverly hidden on the last page (English) in the Quick Start Guide!
      • December 9, 2012
    • JimTaylor
      InactiveUser Since anyone smart enough to google "unlock Behringer X32" can then gain access to the console until there is a PASSWORD LOCK CODE, it's a useless function.

Behringer, hear us please, next firmware update please build in a PASSWORD CODE FUNCTION into the lock console, so it can really be locked.
      • December 17, 2012
    • JimTaylor
      JürgenKirkovits

humhead;1889 wrote:

Since anyone smart enough to google "unlock Behringer X32" can then gain access to the console until there is a PASSWORD LOCK CODE, it's a useless function.

Behringer, hear us please, next firmware update please build in a PASSWORD CODE FUNCTION into the lock console, so it can really be locked.

I don't think that this was made with paranoia in mind, more so with accidental misconfigurations while the console is being left unattended. Even with a password lock one could still snatch some of your faders, cut cables or do other intrusive stuff if he/she would be really up to it.
      • December 17, 2012
    • JimTaylor
      ChristianBoche

Jürgen Kirkovits;1892 wrote:

I don't think that this was made with paranoia in mind, more so with accidental misconfigurations while the console is being left unattended. Even with a password lock one could still snatch some of your faders, cut cables or do other intrusive stuff if he/she would be really up to it.

+1 The lockout was designed for the console being left unattended. I will still passing audio in the state, when you activated the lockout. Normally I use the lockoput after the soundcheck, I play some background music and than use the lockout and fetch me a coke at the bar. No need to worry about faders beeing snatched. When you unlock the console, all faders and other settings are recalled to the state, when you activated the lockout. Nice feature, I use it a lot.
      • December 17, 2012
  • hagen
    Contributor - Level 3
    2013-06-18
    We are happy to announce the PowerCore 4.4.1 release candidate f51 for your preview.
    PowerCore 4.4.1 release candidate f51
    OSX, Windows 64bit, Windows 32bit

If you need to submit crash dumps, screen shots or any other files describing failures please do so solely to [email protected].
    [list=*]
  • OSX:
    [list=*]
  • install logs at /var/log/install.log; uninstall logs at /var/log/powercore_uninstall.log

• Windows:
    [list=*]
  • install logs can be found at \Windows\inf\setupapi.dev.log (XP: \Windows\setupapi.log)

• Windows 7 Event log can be found at Start\Control Panel\System and Security\Administrative Tools\Event Viewer, where[list=*]
  • PowerCore Driver Events can be viewed under Windows Logs\System and

• PowerCore Plug-in Events under Applications and Service Logs\PowerCore Plugins

Whats new
    4.4.1 f51: (driver 4.4.1f51 P/OS 4.4.0f46)[list=*]
  • OSX: fixing subtile firewire streaming issue - which could lead to kernel panics and audio artifacts in conjunction with V-Station under certain configurations
    (http://forum.tcelectronic.com/post/84554)

• 4.4.1 f50: (driver 4.4.1f50 P/OS 4.4.0f46)[list=*]
  • various fixes and improvements

• OSX[list=*]
  • workaround addressing thunderbolt firewire issue with EFI firmware 1.0

• Windows[list=*]
  • workaround for systems reporting wrong PCI SUBSYS device identification which would lead to driver not installing.

• read more...
    0 40,166
    • hagen
      dj_kit unfortunately problems with cpu spikes didn't disappear in more than 2 vss3 reverbs (

and the v-station synth with 1 instance eat my cpu with 75%

• June 18, 2013
    • hagen
      GrantS Really great driver here. I did a test on XP32 bit so I'm maxed out on ram at 3.49 GB. i5 [email protected]

Test was 1x Virus, 1x V-station, 2X VSSR and 1x UAD's Precision K-stereo, to see how they perform together. Most stable driver yet as far as the synths on my system.

Access Virus, I had issues with cracking with the buffer size any lower than 1024 with old driver. Test was done at 256. CPU meter on DAW, core1 showed minimal 1 light usage and stable. A much better performing Access Virus for sure.

I must admit I did turn off Speed stepping a few days ago so I'm not 100% sure it's all the driver that made all the difference
      • June 19, 2013
    • hagen
      tsmalmbe sidechain is still broken as i reported ages ago. the detectorplug seems to work, but none of the comps can see it. am i doing something wrong?
      • June 24, 2013
    • hagen
      GrantS I tried to reproduce the sidechain issue here and can confirm, the sidechain is working normally here. D-Coders sidechain "decoder carrier" locks the system up here 100% of the time though. Was the same with last few drivers.
      • June 24, 2013
    • hagen
      tsmalmbe Grant - how do you get it to work?

1) Insert the
      • June 24, 2013
  • BrenScott
    Contributor - Level 2
    2015-03-07

Hey everyone!
    I decided to take a chance and bring the XR18 out for it's first gig with my band. Everything was easy to set up. But then the actual iPad X-Air Mix app use is where I experienced issues

CONNECTIVITY. There is a serious flaw with the iPad staying connected to the device. The app or the router is not stable! If the iPad screen goes to sleep, it's a bitch to get the iPad connected again. And it can take up to 30 sec. to a minute to fully be functional. It takes too long and sometimes I would lose patience and close the app and go back to SETTINGS WIFI, realize I'm already connected or have to connect to the server again and fire up the X-Air Mix up again just to get functionality. It's fights to connect to the XR!8! Is it router related? Software related? Both?! I don't know what router is put inside the XR18, but this concerns me. It seems like the router is just TOO WEAK to handle connection. I can be 10 feet away and the app will pause or loses connection.

LATENCY. We had 2 iPads connected last night. An iPad Air (4h gen) and a iPad (3rd gen). They would pause or freeze during mixing. Trying to update. Just sitting there as I try to access a fader. I can be connected, but the screen is frozen, with no faders moving with my finger, then you see it start to catch up as the fader starts moving all over the place. or a button press starts responding and repeating the functions I was doing when I was tapping to sliding with no response. One and off. Up and DOWN! WTF?! This NEEDS TO BE FIXED ASAP.

I can not stress this enough: These issues during a show make it harder to focus on performing when all I want to do is raise and lower a channel quickly. I can't have these issues happen on gigs. Any solutions or updates to correct this is needed asap!?

IS it hardware related? I'm thinking of trying an external router and seeing if I experience the same thing! Bad choice to throw in a router that is so limited and/or weak. Might be a good idea for Behringer to make a deal with D-Link, or Netgear, or some company that has experience with stable routers and get a SOLID router inside the XR 18. One of the great FEATURES on the XR18 is the built in router. But it fails if the router is not able to DO THE JOB!. Is it possible, to upgrade the router inside?!

Behringer, if anyone out this is reading this! PLEASE WEIGH IN and make me not regret this purchase?!!

read more...
    0 38,079
    • BrenScott
      CarlosSanchidri Same here. Last night show was a nightmare. I don´t need this expensive toy to put music in my house
      • March 7, 2015
    • BrenScott
      DanMortensen Hi Bren,

Can you please describe your setup further?

Where were the iPads in relation to the XR? Was there line of sight between them? I've noticed that having people's bodies between the iPad and the wifi receiver on my other consoles (haven't yet tried out the XR in a gig) will reduce the transmission to the point of unusability. Also if the antenna is in a rack or has metal near it, that can reduce the workability.

Please do try an external router, and have the ethernet cable long enough that it can be near the iPads.

You know you are in uncharted waters and your findings are helping all of us figure this new beast out and make it perform like we need it to. It's not like a light switch that can just be turned on and it works. The original X32 showed us that we all contributed to finding its shortcomings and the workarounds, as well as being continually impressed by its strengths and the willingness of Behringer to do their part to fix the flaws.

We are all clearly in Beta with the XR, and things won't always go smoothly. For your gigs, my advice is to have some kind of backup available. Another router at a minimum; a spare console (not an XR, something that has worked for you before) would not be a bad idea, too. Adding time to find problems is a given in Beta mode.

Did the problems happen during the soundcheck/rehearsal, too, or just during the gig? Could the wifi be affected by smartphones in the vicinity? That has been alleged but I've not personally seen it, even in crowds of thousands.

Good luck! And thank you for telling us about your progress.
      • March 7, 2015
    • BrenScott
      JeffJohnston Well....you are doing better than I am. My XR´s router is not working at all. It´s not broadcasting it´s ssid. No network whatsoever. It worked correctly day one, then intermittently for a few days, and now not at all. I´m asking Sweetwater to replace the unit with a new one and hopefully in short order, but I´ve been on hold with Sweetwater tech support for hours. So far....no luck.
      • March 7, 2015
    • BrenScott
      P_W_Fenton I gotta disagree. "BETA" happens before money changes hands. Nobody BUYS gear to help a company find out if it works.
      • March 7, 2015
    • BrenScott
      Paul_Vannatto I'm not so sure P.W. What about all those people that bought those cars that are now being recalled for various reasons (eg. ignition switch, etc.) software we all love (eg. MS-DOS 2.0, 4.0, Win Millenium, Win8.0), medications that are discovered to be bad, asbestos, etc.? Whether we like it or not, we end up being beta testers at one point in our life or another. It all depends on our need for the cutting edge and what we believe to be non-beta.

Please understand that I'm in no way downplaying the frustrations these XR18 users are facing. I wish I could help in some way. But I don't have one (bookkeeper/wife). There is a good chance it is app related and I would suggest trying the android app at this point (knowing that it came from the Mixing Station app for X32) or consider Dan's suggestion of using an external wifi router.

Paul
      • March 7, 2015
  • JuanManuelCalab
    Contributor - Level 1
    2015-11-13
    Hello!
    I bought a UMC22 plate two days ago and can not find the page with the official driver. I read that I have to go to http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/UMC22.aspx, but automatically I get redirected to http://www.music-group.com/Categories/Behringer/Computer-Audio/Audio-Interfaces/UMC22/p/P0AUX.
    This would not be a problem, but on that page is not the official driver, only the driver of the ASIO4ALL, which works but is still without being the official driver.Please help me to get the official driver for my interface, I have windows 7.

Thanks a lot
    read more...
    0 37,092
    • JuanManuelCalab
      Michael_Lapke Hi Juan, welcome to the forums!

That is indeed the correct page, just need to click the "Downloads" button in the upper right hand corner of the screen.

Here's the direct link:

http://www.music-group.com/Categories/Behringer/Computer-Audio/Audio-Interfaces/UMC22/p/P0AUX/downloads

Scroll down towards the bottom and you'll find the ASIO4ALL driver. Hope this helps!
      • November 13, 2015
    • JuanManuelCalab
      ChristineEvans

Michael Lapke;63044 wrote:

Hi Juan, welcome to the forums!

That is indeed the correct page, just need to click the "Downloads" button in the upper right hand corner of the screen.

Here's the direct link:

http://www.music-group.com/Categories/Behringer/Computer-Audio/Audio-Interfaces/UMC22/p/P0AUX/downloads

Scroll down towards the bottom and you'll find the ASIO4ALL driver. Hope this helps!

I am having similar problems and it is driving me round the bend. I bought this product as a quick fix as we had too many pupils and not enough audio set ups for our GCSE students to be able to record audio. As swapping all the time was causing an issue and wasting time I bought this as the reviews said value for money and good quality. What they didn't say was what a nightmare it is to set up. I have downloaded all of the software that I can see but none of the items is clearly labelled "u-phoria UMC22 driver" which means I really don't know whether I have downloaded it or not. We are using Cubase elements and it is not detecting it at all and we are now unable to get any sound out of any program on the computer. I have wasted soooo much time trying to sort this and I am seriously pulling my hair out. I really wish we'd gone with our original more expensive make which was exceptionally easy to set up and use!

Is there anyone (!!!) who can solve this for me?
      • February 28, 2016
    • JuanManuelCalab
      JohanStrom Christine - You have to contact Behringers support and ask for them for the correct drivers for Win 10, since they don't have them on the webpage for some reason. I had the same problem myself:

http://forum.music-group.com/showthread.php?9509-Windows-10-UMC-22-epic-fail
      • April 3, 2016
    • JuanManuelCalab
      jeffstark

@ChristineEvanstermpapers wrote:

I am having similar problems and it is driving me round the bend. I bought this product as a quick fix as we had too many pupils and not enough audio set ups for our GCSE students to be able to record audio. As swapping all the time was causing an issue and wasting time I bought this as the reviews said value for money and good quality. What they didn't say was what a nightmare it is to set up. I have downloaded all of the software that I can see but none of the items is clearly labelled "u-phoria UMC22 driver" which means I really don't know whether I have downloaded it or not. We are using Cubase elements and it is not detecting it at all and we are now unable to get any sound out of any program on the computer. I have wasted soooo much time trying to sort this and I am seriously pulling my hair out. I really wish we'd gone with our original more expensive make which was exceptionally easy to set up and use!

Is there anyone (!!!) who can solve this for me?

Hello Christine,

Have you managed to find the solution? I contacted support, but there's still no answer. We also use Tracktion 7 application for our project. And after the latest Windows 10 update, I cannot download the Behringer UMC22 driver - I found it on Simplegreenmedia. But when I try to download their zip file, the antivirus simply blocks it. What should I do?

Thanks.

• June 18, 2019
    • JuanManuelCalab
      sam1881

Hello - I had latency when using the ASIO4ALL driver on Windows 10 with my UMC22. I downloaded another ASIO driver by Behringer (but not through their site) and it works well. I found it referenced in a few YouTube videos and thankfully it solved the problem.

http://recordingstudio9.com/about/download/

The ones at the top (Behringer USB ASIO Drivers (For Zenyx Q502USB, Q802USB & Q1002USB Small Mixers))

• January 7, 2020
  • AndrewFidura
    Contributor - Level 1
    2016-07-08
    So I've had the Xenyx X1204USB for almost two years now, and recently I upgraded to a new computer. I went onto the website and searched for the correct drivers for this mixer, and saw that there was only the ASIO4ALL driver in the drivers section, and there was no longer an actual driver for the mixer. I remember clearly there being an actual driver to install, and now that it isn't there, I cannot use the X1204USB on my new computer without it. I'm surprised I didn't see any topics about this before. Must be a new thing.

Thanks guys,
    Andrew
    read more...
    0 36,777
    • AndrewFidura
      Michael_Lapke Hi Andrew, welcome to the forums!

It took a bit of digging but here are the latest versions of the 32/64 bit drivers for the XENYX Mixers you are asking for.

Hope this helps!BEHRINGER_2902_WIN32_2.8.17.zipBEHRINGER_2902_X64_2.8.40.zip
      • July 11, 2016
    • AndrewFidura
      EthanBabirad Ive tried installing this driver (64 bit) for my Xenyx q1202usb mixer multiple times now and Ive been getting the error: timeout - 0x0005. I have tried uninstalling it installing it again to see if that would make a difference and it didn't. Ive had this mixer for about a week or two now and have been having a lot of trouble with it. Great mixer and all, but the reason I got it was for the USB capability. If this isnt resolved I may have to move to a different mixer. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Ethan
      • August 1, 2016
    • AndrewFidura
      Michael_Lapke Hi Ethan, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you are having difficulties getting the driver to install for your Q1202USB Mixer. Have you tried using a different USB port on your PC? Perhaps a different USB cable? I didn't catch from your message what kind of computer you are using and which operating system you are currently running.

Are you getting to the part of the installation where it's asking you to plug in your mixer via USB cable yet?

To assist you in a timely manner you can always contact our CARE department for help. You can reach us by phone at 702-800-8290 (US) or +44 1562 732290 (UK) or send us an email to [email protected] and one of our technical CARE specialists will be glad to assist you.

Hope this helps!
      • August 1, 2016
    • AndrewFidura
      EthanBabirad I have Windows 8 64 Bit. But I have the Xenyx Q1202USB.
      • August 4, 2016
    • AndrewFidura
      Michael_Lapke

Ethan Babirad;81811 wrote:

I have Windows 8 64 Bit. But I have the Xenyx Q1202USB.

Ethan,

Which driver are you trying to install for your Q1202USB? Are you using the ASIO4ALL drivers? If not then you can find them here on our website.

Like I said, try using a different ports on your computer to install this driver to see if this helps. Not all USB ports on Windows PCs are created equal, and I've learned that some most definitely work better than others. Trying another USB cable is also worth a shot. If neither of these work properly then definitely reach out to CARE as they may be able to help walk you through it.
      • August 4, 2016
  • AlanJones
    Contributor - Level 2
    2015-01-21
    I've just been experimenting with routers and setups in my studio and think I understand a bit more about IP addresses etc.

I've only used the X32 setup out last year on a couple of gigs. One theatre we did, I couldn't even get it configured correctly and ran both shows from a wired connection.

After reading numerous postings here it seems this is a common problem....it works in your own home environment...take it into a busy place and all hell breaks loose.

So what exactly is failing and why?

Given that most folk going to a concert will be packing a wi-fi enabled phone, do their devices just suck the juice out of a normal residential router? What's actually going on for this to fail?

I thought I'd post this here first before doing searches on the net as I'm not due to do any large shows before the summer, so this is an ideal time to get as many bases covered as I can.

Thanks
    Al
    read more...
    0 36,448
  • hagen
    Contributor - Level 3
    2013-11-08
    We are happy to announce the PowerCore 4.4.3 release candidate f61 for your preview.
    PowerCore 4.4.3 release candidate f62

[list=*]
  • OSX:
    [list=*]
  • install logs at /var/log/install.log; uninstall logs at /var/log/powercore_uninstall.log

• Windows:
    [list=*]
  • install logs can be found at \Windows\inf\setupapi.dev.log (XP: \Windows\setupapi.log)

• Windows 7 Event log can be found at Start\Control Panel\System and Security\Administrative Tools\Event Viewer, where[list=*]

• PowerCore Plug-in Events under Applications and Service Logs\PowerCore Plugins

Whats new
    4.4.3 f62: (driver 4.4.3f62 P/OS 4.4.0f46)[list=*]
  • Windows: fixing rare BSOD which could happen during driver unload.

• This update will not fix PCIe issues with 10.8.5. Please stay with <10.8.5 until a solution has been found.
    read more...
    0 36,233
    • hagen
      Rantsu Many thanks for continuing support for Powercore!

However, rc f62 is not working (neither does rc f61) in my system (Mac mini late 2012 2,3 GHz OS 10.8.4, PoCo Compact connected to FW bus). The driver founds the PoCo (usually after PoCo power off-on), but the plug-ins cannot be used by hosts (Wavelab 8.03, Reaper 4.56). They are simply disabled and an error message "The process synchronization between the Plug-In and the PowerCore failed" is shown.

4.4.1 rc f51 seems to work fine.

Best regards,

Matti Rantatalo, Finland
      • November 13, 2013
    • hagen
      Stomper

[email protected] wrote:

We are happy to announce the PowerCore 4.4.3 release candidate f61 for your preview.

PowerCore 4.4.3 release candidate f62

[list=*]

• OSX:
      [list=*]

• Windows:
      [list=*]

Whats new

4.4.3 f62: (driver 4.4.3f62 P/OS 4.4.0f46)[list=*]

• Windows: fixing rare BSOD which could happen during driver unload.

• This update will not fix PCIe issues with 10.8.5. Please stay with <10.8.5 until a solution has been found.

Hello, do you plan to create drivers for the Mavericks?
      • December 1, 2013
    • hagen
      MysteryIslands

Stomper wrote:

Hello, do you plan to create drivers for the Mavericks?

Check this out:

http://forum.tcelectronic.com/topic/15064/good-news-poco-fw-works-on-mavericks-109/
      • December 2, 2013
    • hagen
      robbie f62 installer works fine and uninstalling the same f62 does not lead to a BSOD (like with the f61).

I installed the f62 because my computer did not recognize my Powercores X8 anymore in chain on a seperate Belkin firewire card. I had made some changes putting an extra internal harddisk in; my system suffered from a MBR1 startup error, and later I discoverd that my powercores were gone. To be on the safe side I put them behind my Steinberg MR816x when installing or uninstalling.

I'm gonna check everything tomorrow and put them on a seperate Belkin card or port again to see what happens....

Asus P9X79---Windows8 64bit---Cubase 7.5 64bit---Powercore X8 (2x on Belin FWcard with TI drivers)---Steinberg MR816x
      • December 9, 2013
    • hagen
      robbie When on a seperate Belkin Fw card the two Powercores X8 are not recognized properly after startup. Free of all fears I turned the gear OFF with the computer still ON and put the two Powercores X8 in chain on a seperate PORT but on the same Belkin Fw card with the Steinberg MR816x. They were recognized immediately. Time will tell if this stays reliable, but I try to avoid audio dropouts by putting firewire gear on different ports or cards.

The most reliable option with the Fw card with TI drivers is putting the X8's behind the Steinberg MR816x if you want the Powercores to be recognized in every case, but is it the wisest option in regard to the audiostream and dropouts in bigger projects?

Asus P9X79---windows8 64bit---Cubase7.5 64 bit---Powercore X8(2x) on Belkin Fw card with TI drivers---Steinberg MR816x
      • December 10, 2013
  • YenQuy
    Contributor - Level 2
    2016-02-12

Looking at the specs, these two mixers are exactly the same, only different form factors. However, it seems the XR18 is more favored by majority of users. Thought?

0 35,245
    • YenQuy
      RyanHammond The XR18 can be installed in a rack and has a couple extra bells and whistles.
      • February 12, 2016
    • YenQuy
      YenQuy Can you list the extra bells and whistles?
      • February 12, 2016
    • YenQuy
      PhilToler I've lost count of the number of times I have put my XR18 on a very small shelf or window ledge out of sight behind a curtain - the tiny footprint is one of it's most endearing features.
      • February 12, 2016
    • YenQuy
      RyanHammond The XR18 has 6 'true' XLR aux/bus outputs; whereas, the X18 only has TRS.

The XR18 is a convenient stage-box format instead of the desktop format of the X18.

I guess it depends on what matters most to you; however, to most of us who like XLR buses and stagebox I/O, we like the XR18
      • February 12, 2016
    • YenQuy
      AbrahamRay

Ryan Hammond;69590 wrote:

The XR18 has 6 'true' XLR aux/bus outputs; whereas, the X18 only has TRS.

The XR18 is a convenient stage-box format instead of the desktop format of the X18.

I guess it depends on what matters most to you; however, to most of us who like XLR buses and stagebox I/O, we like the XR18

While I like the stage box form factor, xlr vs trs Aux sends is a non issue... And if I was buying one now, the $200 difference between them would push me towards the X18... As functionally they are the same (actually the X18 has RCA outs that are switchable main/monitor that the XR18 does not).
      • February 12, 2016
Go to page