Statistics

267,754 members
147,251 posts
  • SeanThomas
    Contributor - Level 2
    2015-03-19
    Don't freak out, just had a little fun in Photoshop.

28 inputs, dualband 2.4/5gHz, both USB ports, mono bus, AES50 to integrate with X32 series. Could be used as stage box and dedicated monitor mixer with X32.

Thoughts?

read more...
    0 35,101
    • SeanThomas
      PhilSmith I like it.
      • March 19, 2015
    • SeanThomas
      JamesPaul Pushing the LIKE button... oh yeah, there is not one to be had.

And might there be a Dual-Band chipset beneath the skin to go with the twin antennas?
      • March 19, 2015
    • SeanThomas
      KevTyler Two headphone outlets and yet no fx footswitch outlet,

Lord why do you mock me?
      • March 19, 2015
    • SeanThomas
      JamesPaul

kev tyler;44274 wrote:

Two headphone outlets and yet no fx footswitch outlet,

Lord why do you mock me?

C`mon Sean, please, give the man an outlet.

Hold on Kev, there is still hope!
      • March 19, 2015
    • SeanThomas
      SeanThomas It's on the back! : )

Actually in my model it's all controlled via MIDI. Tap tempo, FX mutes, what ever you can dream up..... it's all there.
      • March 19, 2015
  • ParadoxUncreate
    Contributor - Level 2
    2010-02-18
    It is indeed working, but no mixer yet. But I rebooted to windows, and tweaked some mixerpresets there, and it works well.
    I also assigned the assignable controller to the volume, and is listening hopefully with less analog components on out 3-4. A onebit stream, which outputs to 24bits sounds the same, at various levels, it's just the noisefloor you have to consider, which is probably better than the analog components anyway. Overall a nice product, Tc might skip the analog volume, for my part.

Peace Be With You.

PS: If you miss the limiter, check this one out: https://sourceforge.net/projects/pxu/
    read more...
    0 34,531
    • ParadoxUncreate
      estudiomovelrec Hello Paradox,

Im fighting with it such a long time...

I have a konnekt 24 D and would love to record my projects on linux.

So, i've installed Ubuntu9.10 and ffado-trunk. But what about the JACK ? Have you experienced any problems ?

Hope u can help me,

Peace, love and music.
      • February 18, 2010
    • ParadoxUncreate
      nameless1

Paradox Uncreated wrote:

Overall a nice product, Tc might skip the analog volume, for my part.

/pxu/

The analog volume was one of key reasons for choosing my Konnekt
      • February 18, 2010
    • ParadoxUncreate
      ParadoxUncreate I just reinstalled Ubuntu Karmic 9.10, 32bit edition, so I can take you through all the steps I did, with the fresh install.

1. I personalised my desktop, by going into System/Settings/Appearances(?) (I'm not sure how it translates, I have the norwegian desktop here.)

I chose NewWave theme, and the desert picture as background. You may ofcourse choose something else.

2. I added four, instead of two workspaces, by rightclicking the workspaces, and "user selection" (?). I also added Systemmonitor, in the upper bar, and changed it to display, ram, hd, cpu, net.

3. I opened a terminal, and did "sudo add-apt-repository ppa:nvidia-vdpau/ppa" to add nvidia, to my repositories of updates.

4. I downloaded updates. I rebooted. I went to the update mananger, and installed som nvidia updates. I checked nvidias own site, and the current non-beta version, which is 190.53. I went to Synaptic, and installed nvidia-glx-190. I rebooted. I activated the driver in "hardware drivers". I rebooted. Unfortunately it seems to be a bit of rebooting, with the nvidia drivers. Notice the fans of the nvidia card, spinning down on reboot. Very nice. The nvidia fans are so powerful, they're chilling down the whole livingroom here, while they are going. This is the G-something 250 model.

5. Ofcourse you can just skip to these steps, which deals with audio onwards.

- Then I opened up a terminal. And did the following commands.

cd /home/uwaysi ## (Exchange Uwaysi for your username.)

mkdir Sourcecode

cd Sourcecode

sudo apt-get build-dep libffado ## from http://subversion.ffado.org/wiki/Dependencies/Ubuntu

sudo apt-get install build-essential libavc1394-dev python-qt4-dev subversion libtool

svn checkout http://subversion.ffado.org/ffado/trunk ffado-svn ## from http://subversion.ffado.org/wiki/DownloadFfadoSource

cd ffado-svn

cd libffado

scons PREFIX=/usr DEBUG=False BUILD_TESTS=False ENABLE_OPTIMIZATIONS=True ENABLE_FIREWORKS=False ENABLE_MOTU=False ENABLE_DICE=True ## from http://forum.tcelectronic.com/viewtopic.php?id=4236 Peace!

sudo scons install

cd ..

cd ..

svn co http://subversion.jackaudio.org/jack/trunk/jack jack

cd jack

./autogen.sh

./configure --prefix=/usr --with-default-tmpdir=/dev/shm

make

sudo make install

6. Then comes some step who require root control. "Sudo gnome-terminal", brings up a root terminal. PS: Dont use this for quick fixes, as it may ruin the ubuntu ways of doing things. Therefore we set up the user correctly.

echo 'KERNEL=="raw1394", GROUP="audio"' > /etc/udev/rules.d/raw1394.rules

udevadm control --reload-rules

rmmod raw1394

modprobe raw1394

7.Open up System/Administration/Users. Unlock it. Add yourself to audio.

gedit /etc/security/limits.conf

8. Copy and paste the following at the end of this file.

# grant real-time privileges to members of group "audio"

@audio - rtprio 99

@audio - memlock unlimited

@audio - nice -10

9. Save. Log out, and back in.

I open up ffado-mixer, from Programs, Sound & Video. It seems to be working, reporting samplerate 48k, but the konnekt needed to be turned on before opening it, otherwise it would get stuck.

Hopefully jack will work aswell..

Open up console:

jackd -R -d firewire -n 4 -p 128

"Error (dice_eap.cpp)[ 112] init: Device does not support EAP" I think we can ignore this one.

It is time to check a jack-compliant application.

I have Renoise here, you may use your app.

I install Renoise 2.5rc1.

And Renoise is working with Jack, hurraayy!

This is all very well documented on the FFADO site.

You may also want to download http://qjackctl.sourceforge.net/

Install flash plugin also, if the browser asks.

Extract to the Sourcecode directory.

open console, cd to qjackctl-0.3.5

sudo apt-get install qt4-dev-tools

./configure --prefix=/usr

make

sudo make install

Now you can type qjackctl for some nice gui control of Jack, or go to programs/audio & video/qjackctl.

Here you can set rate (44.1k for me), and buffers, and driver to firewire. Frames 128 and periods 4, is a nice setting. And timeout can be set to 5000.

10. Getting output to jack, through pulseaudio.

AFAIK, there is not package for this yet, in the ubuntu repository, so I didn't bother, but it will be in Lucid, from what I have heard. So in a couple of months time, we can do system wide eq, and similar things, with jack.

11. I also did some further tweaks, like setting the nivida settings, to sync to vblank, Images settings high quality, antialiasing 8x, anisotropic filtering 2x, Digital Vibrance, 225.3. And saved these settings.

I also calibrated my monitor, according to a screenshot of Nvidias calibration pattern, from windows. You may want to adjust the digital vibrance, after doing this though. I also adjusted nautilus, (nautilus, from console), usersettings to show listview, and hidden files. Also set System/Settings/Appearances Visual effects, to extra.

And there you have it, The Linux Workstation, ready to baroque.

12. The perfectionist will want to compile his own kernel, with settings for multimedia, and probably turn off the swap file. www.kernelnewbies.org is a good place to start, for that. If your kernel isn't showing up when booting, try "sudo update-grub". There is also various patches, for low jitter performance, from various people, most known, is the realtime preemption patch from Ingo Molnar, and "BFS" scheduler, from Con Kolivas.

There may be information elsewhere, for further tuning aswell.

13. Installing my LADSPA plugins - Download from sourceforge.com/projcets/pxu, read the info contained in the archive.

Peace Be With You!

Uwaysi.
      • February 28, 2010
    • ParadoxUncreate
      ParadoxUncreate There is another kernel patch aswell, deadline scheduler.

But really, if you only need 10ms latency, you can compile the kernel with max performance, (set to server and timer 100). Works well here atleast.

The other patches are for below 10ms latency. I saw someone who was running 8 sample buffer somewhere, by prioritizing irq's and with an RT patched kernel.
      • March 1, 2010
    • ParadoxUncreate
      ParadoxUncreate I decided to play some games though. Originally I thought I'd make this a music only machine, but I tried Quake Live, and it wasn't smooth in fullscreen, so I tweaked some more.

I recompiled a kernel with low-latency desktop setting, and a 300 timer.

This makes very low latency settings available aswell. I tested it with 1ms latency, and it worked well, apparently. However I think too low latency settings actually makes playing (keyboard) a bit stressful, so I'm staying at 4x128, or 11.6 ms latency. Alteast on headset. My genelecs feel better to play on with 12x16 buffers. (ca 5ms latency).

And some additional developer steps:

14. Enable linenumbering, and automatic tabs in gedit. Also turn off wordwrapping. Set it up in workspace 3 with nautilus on the left, and a console below.

(Makes a nice programming environment.)

15. Firefox in workspace 2 with social networking URLS..

16 Musicsoftware in workspace 4..

17 General workspace, in workspace 1.

This is so nice.

Peace Be With You.
      • March 2, 2010
  • PatrickGMaillot
    Valued Contributor - Level 2
    2014-11-05
    Hello,

A first video on controlling X32<->Reaper.

The X32 can be controlled from Reaper (and soon vice-versa)

Channel select, mute, volume, solo, name, pan can be used at this time. Master channel pan and volume too.

The video is at http://youtu.be/1oKBHDrCgKg

-Patrick
    read more...
    0 33,892
    • PatrickGMaillot
      Roblof Nice work!
      • November 5, 2014
    • PatrickGMaillot
      EliezerZelaya Very cool Patrick!

Thanks for sharing
      • November 5, 2014
    • PatrickGMaillot
      KevinWilcox That's cool!

Does banking/layers work? Or are you limited to a certain number of channels?
      • November 5, 2014
    • PatrickGMaillot
      GlennAdams That program is interesting. You could use it for automation, and mega scene recalls for the theater guys out there.

Yes, very nice.
      • November 5, 2014
    • PatrickGMaillot
      NickDavis yes cool - it would be great if it could be developed for dynamic automation - i.e. during play back & mixdown of recorded material from reaper to x32 recording faders movements etc made on the x32 - (the etc would be very brill).
      • November 5, 2014
  • Michael_Lapke
    Triber Moderator
    2018-01-10
    Hi all,

While I'm sure many of you are already aware, I just wanted to post and let everyone else know that we have officially released X32 EDIT 3.2 and X32 Firmware V3.08 on the Behringer website. Of course both are available as a free download. Below you will find all the relative details on this release, enjoy!

What's new in X32-EDIT Version 3.2:
    V3.2 of BEHRINGER X32-EDIT has been further optimized for touch-controlled operation. It also supports the new WAVES X-WSG expansion cards for X32-series consoles, and the new BEHRINGER X-LIVE expansion cards. A new Recorder page for X-LIVE offers all the controls for monitoring and managing the dual SD/SDHC recording and playback conveniently from the distance.

New Features:

• GUI supporting remote control of all X-LIVE SD/USB recording and playback functions
    • Support for WAVES X-WSG expansion cards

Enhancements:

• Main LR channel preset save bug fixed
    • RTA over EQ display improved
    • FX insert graphics glitch fixed
    • MIDI MC issue on Mac fixed
    • MIDI MC mode improvements
    • FX link A/B issue fixed
    • File header string changed #2.7#

System Requirements:
    Console firmware 3.08 required with X-LIVE expansion card firmware A11 or higher

There are separate archives available for download for Windows PC, Mac OSX and Linux 64-bit and 32-bit PC and RPi2, respectively.

Compatible to Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10 operating system software
    Compatible to Mac OSX 10.6.8, 10.7 to 10.13 operating system software
    Compatible to Linux operating system software, tested with Suse Leap 42.3, Ubuntu 16.04 LTS and Wine
    Compatible to RaspberryPi, tested on a RPi2 Model B 1GB running on Raspbian 4.1.19 v7 (Debian GNU) on a Full HD touch display

Firmware 3.08

The X32 Firmware Update V 3.08 features performance enhancements to the award-winning X32 operating system. The Version 3.08 firmware adds support for WAVES X-WSG (optional expansion card) for direct access to SoundGrid processing networks, featuring 32 channels of lowest latency audio in- and output over IP networks. Please refer to waves.com for all plugin, software and hardware products offered by WAVES.

Firmware Update 3.08 also includes a broad range of new features pertaining to the new BEHRINGER X-LIVE expansion cards for 32-channel standalone live recording and playback via USB and SD/SDHC cards. The new card user interface allows managing up to 100 recording or playback sessions and editing up to 100 markers per session on each of the two SD/SDHC cards. Multi-channel recording without a laptop, as well as virtual sound checks, live backing-track support, accurate marker handling and manipulation, and full remote operation from PC, Android* or iPad* apps and X-TOUCH control surfaces.

Note: It is recommended that you backup all data (export Show and Libraries to USB) before updating, as a firmware upgrade may erase data currently stored on your X32. Please be aware that firmware 3.08 is required for our new X32-Edit 3.2 on PC / Mac / Linux computers, preferably in wired networks. Connect the X32 to a Wifi router for controlling it wirelessly with X32-Mix 3.1 or higher on Apple iPads (min. iOS 9), or with X/M32-Mixing Station for Android (min. 4.0). X-LIVE expansion card firmware A11 or higher required.

Enhancements:

• Midas IO boxes (DL15x, DL25x) now correctly detected, when multiple remote clients are connected
    • Fader accuracy in sends on fader mode improved
    • Performance of automix function improved (with very low input signals)
    • ADAT and MADI card sync light flicker fixed
    • Fader board firmware update disabled (replaced by standalone updater)

New features:

• Support for X-WSG and X-LIVE implemented
    • OSC and MIDI implementation update for X-LIVE support
    • X-TOUCH remote functionality update for X-LIVE support
    • New Assignable controls for X-LIVE support
    read more...
    0 33,854
    • Michael_Lapke
      DJTECH

PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP ME, IM TRYING TO CONTROL MY X32 MIXER WIRELESSLY BUT IT SEEMS LIKE THE SOFTWARES AND APPS DONT WORK ANYMORE...CAN I GET SOME SUGGESTIONS ON WHAT TO DO PLEASE

• June 24, 2019
    • Michael_Lapke
      Ralph_Valery

Good morning:

Do you have the link for the firmware update for MAC? I am trying to upgrade from 2.08 to 3.08 to 4.0? I do not see 3.08 on website for berhinger....

Thanks you 

• February 22, 2020
    • Michael_Lapke
      RexBeckett

@Ralph_Valery wrote:

Good morning:

Do you have the link for the firmware update for MAC? I am trying to upgrade from 2.08 to 3.08 to 4.0? I do not see 3.08 on website for berhinger....

Thanks you 

@Ralph_Valery 

I don't think it is necessary to upgrade through V3.xx but if you want to do it this way, use V3.12. You can get this on the X32 Downloads page by checking the Show Legacy Versions option. Whatever process you use, make sure to backup all your scenes, snippets and presets first. V4.xx firmware will remind you to do this but earlier versions do not.

There is no special version of the console firmware for Mac. The firmware can be loaded by the console from a USB drive.

I suggest you ignore V4.00 and use V4.02. V4.00 has several bugs. You should use X32 Edit V4.1 to work with console firmware V4.02.

• February 22, 2020
    • Michael_Lapke
      Ralph_Valery

Thank you Thank you Success FW 4.02 added thank you have a great remaining Sunday.....

One last thing I have my x32 setup as daw with pro-tools 12 I can record inputs 1-8 but 9-16 wont. for instance if i wanted to use channel 14 as my main vocal with microphone it does not enable... do you have any suggestions on routing thanks

• February 23, 2020
    • Michael_Lapke
      RexBeckett

@Ralph_Valery wrote:

Thank you Thank you Success FW 4.02 added thank you have a great remaining Sunday.....

One last thing I have my x32 setup as daw with pro-tools 12 I can record inputs 1-8 but 9-16 wont. for instance if i wanted to use channel 14 as my main vocal with microphone it does not enable... do you have any suggestions on routing thanks

@Ralph_Valery 

I'm glad to hear you are up and running with V4.02. There are several possible routing issues that could be preventing channels 9-16 from recording. The fastest way to find them is to attach your scene (.scn) file to your post. See Choose File button below. 

• February 23, 2020
  • JBKosters
    Contributor - Level 1
    2015-07-30
    I recieved the XR18 yesterday and I've been happily playing with it ever since. A very nice device for the money, thank you Behringer!

There are 2 things that do bug me. Firstly, I would like to control it over USB if possible. It feels stupid in a 'studio situation' to have to connect the unit via both usb and a network cable/wireless connection to the same PC for recording and control. It would be a nice feature if X-air-edit would also work via USB.

Another more pressing issue is the windows driver. Using it as a 'sound card' for windows, all channels are pressed into a single 'line out' or 'line in' entity within windows' sound management. See screenshots for clarification.
    My Motu system uses separate entities for every input and output, making some nicer windows audio routing possible (E.g. separate microphones for skype or so) (also see screenshot).

Is this possible to do with the XR18 driver as well?

Furthermore I am very pleased with the unit.motu.jpgbehringer.jpg
    read more...
    0 33,238
    • JBKosters
      Paul_Vannatto Hi JB,

Welcome to the forum. The XR18 was designed from the X32 platform. Both use ethernet for control and USB for recording. This will not change.

Regarding your issue with the windows driver, have you loaded the X18/XR18 USB Driver V2.23.0 (http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/XR18.aspx in the downloads section)? It provides 18 bidirectional channels to/from the computer as an ASIO driver.
      • July 29, 2015
    • JBKosters
      JBKosters Hi Paul,

Thank you for your response. I guess I'll be using two wires then to my PC for control and audio, no worries!

Yes I use the USB driver and it works flawlessly in DAW software using ASIO. But the Windows Audio (or WaveRT) part of the driver , which is not an ASIO related part of the driver, packs all channels into one line. I think the difference is easy to see in the attached images. I was just wondering if it is hard to change that to the same system MOTU uses.
      • July 30, 2015
    • JBKosters
      RichardYClark I suspect that Behringer don't actually supply a Windows WDM, MME or WASAPI driver. Windows probably just treats it as a generic USB audio device using standard Windows Sound drivers. Whereas MOTU possibly supply their own version of Windows Sound drivers. But where possible you should always use the manufacturers supplied ASIO drivers thereby let the audio bypass all of the operating system.
      • July 30, 2015
    • JBKosters
      DavidSev Windows doesn't have proper support for multi-channel audio, thus the 3rd party ASIO being needed.

It looks like the motu has set itself up as multiple stereo interfaces, which is fine for stuff like skype and general home users, but has issues with pro applications most of which will only use one device at a time.

It'd probably be possible for Behringer to set it up to have an option between the two ways, but given that it's useless for any of the XR18 intended uses, I doubt they ever will.
      • July 31, 2015
    • JBKosters
      RayUnger I am considering the purchase of an X18 and I am researching it now to see if it will do what I want it to do. So far, it looks like it will, with this one exception.

When using driver models other than ASIO, I would really like to see the USB audio show up as multiple playback or recording devices in Windows (like the MOTU example) rather than multiple channels of one device as it does now. As the original poster noted, it is very inconvenient for routing in some applications.

Behringer, do you guys have the spare bandwidth to make your already amazing product that much better and take it over the top?
      • November 4, 2016
  • AlexCasey
    Contributor - Level 2
    2013-09-16
    It's been working well with latest Logic and Mountain Lion on Mac Pro (early 2008). Unfortunately, now I see that's status as No device found. Driver was 4.4.1 f51.
    All plugins are not available. I tried to use PoCO Quench to uninstall and intalled F51 again but did not succeed.
    Any help is needed!
    read more...
    0 32,447
    • AlexCasey
      hagen Whats displayed in the OSX "System Report" under Hardware->PCI Cards?

Is PowerCore listed under Software->Extensions?

Whats in the /var/log/kernel.log?
      • September 16, 2013
    • AlexCasey
      AlexCasey Hi!

1. I see that driver is not installed

2. PoCo is not listed

How to see /var/log/kernel.log?

When I open the console app there is no any record associated with kernel.log in /var/log/ directory
      • September 16, 2013
    • AlexCasey
      smallville I have the exact same problem! Updated yesterday from 10.6.8 to 10.8.5 and now my PCIx Powercore card is gone. The Powercore 6000 show up nicely....

i did a snapshot: https://www.dropbox.com/s/k8vm679kv2wfoth/Bildschirmfoto%202013-09-17%20um%2012.39.07.png

Whats going on here?
      • September 16, 2013
    • AlexCasey
      hagen

Alex Casey wrote:

Hi!

1. I see that driver is not installed

2. PoCo is not listed

How to see /var/log/kernel.log?

When I open the console app there is no any record associated with kernel.log in /var/log/ directory

Whats displayed in the OSX "System Report" under Hardware->PCI Cards?
      • September 17, 2013
    • AlexCasey
      hagen

smallville wrote:

I have the exact same problem! Updated yesterday from 10.6.8 to 10.8.5 and now my PCIx Powercore card is gone. The Powercore 6000 show up nicely....

i did a snapshot: https://www.dropbox.com/s/k8vm679kv2wfoth/Bildschirmfoto%202013-09-17%20um%2012.39.07.png

Whats going on here?

I am not sure about the "exact same problem".

But to find this out the exact same questions apply:

Is PowerCore listed under Software->Extensions?

Whats in the /var/log/kernel.log?
      • September 17, 2013
  • Elekt
    Contributor - Level 2
    2008-10-01
    I'm pretty disheartened here.

I purchased a StudioKonnekt48 less than a month ago for use in my home studio. I was too busy to even unbox it when I first received it so it's seen only maybe 2 weeks of light use in my studio (maybe 1-2 hours per day) primarily using a studio mic and my midi keyboard.

Tonight while using it, all audio completely died and all lights on the unit turned off except for the blue ring around the power button.

I attempted to power it up again multiple times and removed all the cables from it but no matter what I did all that happened was the blue light around the power button came on, no other lights, no sound, no lights on the control unit, not recognized by my computer.

It appears totally dead.

I guess will be sending it in for warranty/repair or replacement...but after only a couple of weeks of use I'm concerned. Is this normal? Are others having problems?

How long will I be without the unit? I just had my studio setup and without the konnekt48 it's all useless.

/frustrated
    read more...
    0 31,407
    • Elekt
      rune It is hard to say exactly what failed on the unit without examining it, but it is definitely not a common failure.

Contact a service center in the region where you bought the unit, or contact your dealer for a solution:

Service centers:

HTTP://www.tcelectronic.com/Default.asp?Id=10960
      • October 1, 2008
    • Elekt
      phasor Hi! i have the same problem with my konnekt,

Did you repair the unit??? how did you cost???

Thanks.
      • October 23, 2008
    • Elekt
      Elekt My unit was repaired under warranty. To their credit, TC got me my new unit very quicky.
      • November 17, 2008
    • Elekt
      acousticzeal i hope this is not the case as i just bought one.... someone please reassure me!
      • November 18, 2008
    • Elekt
      RJB mmm, I also bought a konnekt 48 2 weeks back. My first unit had the same startup problem, so the shop replaced it. Now I have another unit which also does it, but a bit less often.

I have my SK48 connekted through sp/dif to my amp and when I turn on the SK48 and the logo doesn't show it gives a high pitched tone. When I turn it off and turn it on again it works strait away. Both units had firmware 1.05 when I first booted up.

Rune, is this a hardware fault or is it something that can be solved with a firmware update?
      • November 20, 2008
  • Paul_Vannatto
    Volunteer Moderator
    2014-11-16
    Hi everyone,

The X32 Live Toolbox has just been posted on sourceforge (http://sourceforge.net/projects/x32livetoolbox/). Currently there is only the Windows app, but linux, OSX, and other OS platforms are in the works.

Here are the features so far:
    * Live interaction with an X32 digital console
    * Send and receive single OSC commands to/from the X32 for testing purposes
    * Copy graphic EQ settings from one side and/or slot to another
    * DCA/Mute Group analysis and modification
    * More live tools planned

Please note the following
    * Your IP address can be saved as part of the defaults (in Setup screen)
    * If for some reason, the response from the X32 is not reliable (no response, incorrect response, etc.), increase the OSC Command Delay value (in Setup screen).
    * At this point in time with this toolbox, I would highly recommend that you save your scene before using this toolbox. Remember this is still in beta stage and needs the bugs to be ironed out.
    * Source code is included (found in the Source Code folder).

As always, we are looking for feedback (the good kind), problems, enhancements, etc.

Paul
    read more...
    0 31,131
    • Paul_Vannatto
      Klaus I like that :

>>> (linux, OSX,etc. coming soon)

Hope it will be 10.6.8 compatible

Thanks Paul and

best regards
      • November 16, 2014
    • Paul_Vannatto
      Paul_Vannatto As far as I know it should - but I'm not a Mac user. The MacBook Pro I've borrowed doesn't like the UDP component (used to communicate with the X32). But Friedrich has just (a few moments ago) successfully compiled it on his Mac. Also Patrick is trying to get it to work on a Raspberry. The linux version does work. But the DCA/Mute group GUI needs some major rework to be functional. I'll try and get to it in the next day or so.

Paul
      • November 16, 2014
    • Paul_Vannatto
      Paul_Vannatto Linux app has just been uploaded. It wasn't as difficult to change as I thought.

Paul
      • November 16, 2014
    • Paul_Vannatto
      GlennAdams That is so cool Paul. I wish I had more time to play. with code? E gads what am I talking about?

So nice that you and Dave plus others are into it. I am more of an off the shelf kinda guy.
      • November 16, 2014
    • Paul_Vannatto
      Paul_Vannatto Well you can always test it out and tell me what is not working.

Paul
      • November 16, 2014
  • FrankLevy
    Contributor - Level 2
    2015-05-06
    I've had my new XR12 for a few days now and I'm getting to grips with it nicely. It's the first Behringer equipment I've owned & what a brilliant piece of gear it is!

However.... I can't figure out the USB audio interface. When I plug in a USB memory stick with a WAV file on it, the led on the XR12 flashes in response. When I try to get the "Cassette" Player to play by clicking on the play button, the USB led flashes also but it doesn't play and the "Cassette" Player reels move a bit but don't revolve like I think they are supposed to. I think the problem might be in the Setup Page on the Mixer Tab where it shows the USB Interface with radio buttons to select either 18/18 ch or 2/2 ch. As the device is an XR12, I figure I need to click on 2/2 ch to activate the USB port. The radio buttons are blank and do not respond at all when I click on them.

Is there something I'm doing wrong or something else I need to set to get the USB playback functioning?
    I'm using X-AIR-EDIT_PC_1.0 and the XR12 arrived with XR16-XR12_Firmware_1.09 already installed when it arrived from Thomann on Tuesday, 5th May. Perhaps there's a new X-AIR-EDIT update coming out soon to activate this?

Michael Lapke, I'd be most grateful if you would kindly comment here with a few words of wisdom on this subject.

Many thanks!
    read more...
    0 30,522
    • FrankLevy
      GaryHiggins I don't have a player on my XR18 but would check the setup page and see if 44.1 is what it's set to, assuming the 12 can also have 48k. The XR18 default is 48k, worth a try.
      • May 6, 2015
    • FrankLevy
      EricBroviak Michael will correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the USB functions as you are expecting. It is an interface for a computer. In the setup-routing tab you determine which inputs go to which outputs. Then you can use any DAW software to record what's coming through the port. Likewise, you can play back tracks from the DAW thru the Xr18 for virtual sound check, etc. The xR18 has no idea what to do with a memory stick.
      • May 7, 2015
    • FrankLevy
      RichardYClark But the OP is asking about an XR-12 which I believe is different and does support USB playback similarly to the X-32. The XR-12/16 has an A type USB host socket whereas the XR-18 has a B type slave socket.
      • May 7, 2015
    • FrankLevy
      JamesProuty I don't have an Xr12, but it might be something like the USB drive needing to be formatted in FAT32, or it might not read nested folders or something like that.
      • May 7, 2015
    • FrankLevy
      EricBroviak While what you say is certainly possible, it seems crazy for Behringer to have different interfaces per platform. I can see X-air differ from their premiere X32 platform but beyond that, it's just plain weird. I applaud Behringer for going multi-platform (iOS android, etc.) but it comes with myriad management issues. Hey Behringer, with a few freebies, I'll help police your cross-platform issues (proofreading on a user scale).
      • May 7, 2015
  • jonreingold
    Contributor - Level 1
    2007-11-16
    I am currently a Sonar user (Windows XP). I'm wondering what host software do folks with Powercore use most commonly, and on what OS?

Jon
    0 29,888
    • jonreingold
      JamesSteele Digital Performer 5.13, Mac OS 10.5.1... I'm liking it so far!
      • November 16, 2007
    • jonreingold
      werner Please read my signature.
      • November 16, 2007
    • jonreingold
      him It works great!!
      • November 16, 2007
    • jonreingold
      alad "Sawstudio 4.0C / Midi Workshop"

Would you recommend it (compared to nuendo) ?

Does it make sense for single workstations, or network only ?

Thanks,

the lad
      • November 16, 2007
    • jonreingold
      DaveBourke Digital Performer 5.12 under OS X 10.4.10 (I'm not as brave as James).

Kind regards.
      • November 16, 2007
Go to page