Statistics

250,910 members
128,129 posts
  • blazingfirefly
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-21

Hi There

I am fairly new to the entire topic. I bought two Behringer A800 Amplifier with the idea in mind to power my two passive speakers. One I thought to use for the left and another one for the right speaker. My Question now is: How can I set up the A800 in bridged mono mode? Do I simply use Output A, leave Output B empty and use input A for either right or left? I am aware of the bridge mono switch. 

I am also a bit stuck on the cables as I read that I have to switch one end of the speakon cable from 1+ to 2+ and 1- to 2-. Sadly I can find nothing on this in the instructions manual.

I am thankful for any input that might help.

Cheers!

read more...
    0 685
    • blazingfirefly
      DavidKnighton Hi James Smith,
      If you focus on the rear of the amp, it is actually very clear how to connect the bridge outputs. Simply take the positive terminal of channel A and channel B, flip the unit into bridge mode, power cycle the unit, and plug your input into channel A. It also tells you that channel A positive is bridge positive, and channel B positive is Bridge negative. If you intend to use the speakon outputs, the silkscreen says to use channel B pins 1+/1-. If you're not sure what this means; almost every speakon has 4 terminals inside. A single amp channel only needs two, pin 1+/1- and pin 2+/2-. You'll need to ensure your NL4 speakon cable is properly wired for bridge operation on this amp by removing the connector sleeve and inpspecting the lead wires. Most speakons will be wired 1+/1- if they are 2 conductor cable.
      • October 21, 2020
    • blazingfirefly
      Paul_Vannatto Hi James, if you are planning on connecting 2 passive speakers to the A800, you shouldn't change the amp to bridge mode. The reason is that the minimum impedance for bridge mode is 8 ohm. Most passive speakers are typically 8 ohm impedance. If you daisy chain the 2 speakers, the amp will see 4 ohms, which it is not designed to power.

If you intend to power only one speaker, then you would wire the speakon end (plugged into the A jack) with + on 1+ and - on 2+.
      • October 21, 2020
    • blazingfirefly
      blazingfirefly Thanks for both your input!
      However, I am a bit confused now. I intend to use Speakon cables as output and I only intend to power one speaker with one amp. No daisy chaining. Paul Vannatos comment seems to contradict what David Knighton wrote regarding the wiring of Speakon outputs to the speakers. David also mentions to use channel B and Paul is telling me to use A. What is correct now? Can I use standard wiring 1+/1- or do I have to change the output wire - from 1- to 2+?

As in these instructions? (change the output wire)
      https://www.crownaudio.com/zh/site_elements/stb-gen-speakon-bridge-configuration-0001

Or as in the screenshot attached from the back of the A800 (use standard wiring 1+/1-)

FYI: I currently have a two conductor cable (two wires) wired to 1+/1-.
      • October 21, 2020
      • Behringer A800 Bridged Mono Mode setup
        DavidKnighton Hi James Smith,
        Many amps on the market would in fact utilize pin 1+/2+ for bridge operation, but not this amp specifically. So while Paul is correct in a sense, I don't believe he is correct regarding this particular amp.

EDIT: I retract my statement a bit. Paul is not wrong. I believe you can indeed rewire the speakon for 1+/2+ but only for speakon A output in bridge mode. Speakon B output is wired 1+/1- specifically for bridge mode operation so that you don't need to rewire the cable.
        • October 21, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto Hi David, I definitely don't read the silkscreen that the bridge mode uses the B speakon jack. The top block shows that the 1+/1- is used on the A jack when using it in stereo mode. The bottom block shows the 1+/1- is used on the B jack also when using it in stereo mode. That is the standard for all amps that I've ever come across. The second section of the top block shows how to use the A jack for the dual side configuration (1+/1- for left, 2+/2- for right), which is also the standard configuration (industry wide). The B jack on this particular amp does not have this dual side configuration. Therefore the bridge mode (1+/2+) will only work using the A jack (also industry standard).
        • October 21, 2020
        DavidKnighton Hi Paul, it's possible I'm reading the silk screen incorrectly then. I'm looking at the literature to the side and making a correlation. Between bridge mode and output B. The user guide is not very clear on the subject.
        • October 26, 2020
  • forart
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-05-17

Hi everyone, since Behringer studio amplifiers are often used in home HiFi too, someone made an unofficial DIY kit to convert their look:

A500_hifikit_1.jpg

The main problem - since it's CNC manufactured - is the cost (around 120€)...

...it would be great if Behringer release an OFFICIAL "look conversion kit" at a reasonable price (50€ or even less) !

read more...
    1 471
  • MrGTO
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-12

On the spec sheets it states that the NX6000D has the following modes:  

• BRIDGE, DUAL (Dual Mono), STEREO, BIAMP1 or BIAMP2.

I connected to the amp via NXEdit, and the only modes that are being shown is: DUAL (Dual Mono), STEREO, BIAMP1 or BIAMP2.

I went thru the front display and even there the option for Bridge is not shown.

So my question, how do I set this amp in Bridge mode?

read more...
    0 447
    • MrGTO
      john0121 Hi MrGTO, the NX6000D doesn't feature a bridge mode. This is covered in the user manual and no bridge power is specified in the QSG here:

https://mediadl.musictribe.com/media/sys_master/hc5/h4d/8850167529502.pdf

Could you let me know the document you have read there is Bridge Mode for the NX6000D in case there is an error?
      • September 13, 2020
      • NX6000D Bridge mode???
        MrGTO Hi John, this is a big issue, the link attached above is for the user manual correct? This is a screen shot from that manual... #6: so I ask, how do I access Bridge mode on this $600 amp I just purchased?
        • September 14, 2020
    • MrGTO
      MrGTO This was one of the selling points for the setup I built. Very misleading. Listed as mono bridge being available on the nx6000d on Sweetwater and parts express.
      • September 14, 2020
    • MrGTO
      john0121 Sorry this would seem to be an error in the product description, and I agree it could be made clearer in the QSG that Bridge mode does not apply to the NX6000D. I will report this to the relevant team at once so it can be updated to avoid this error in future. In the meantime it would be best to contact your Sweetwater rep for assistance in sourcing an amp suitable for your setup and returning this one. If you need more help with this then plesae submit a tech support case via the support button and a member of our team in your region will be able to assist.
      • September 14, 2020
  • SethUldall
    Super Contributor - Level 1
    2019-06-22

Let me just lead this off by letting it be known that I'm not particularly versed in the matter of Power Factor Correction. All I understand in the matter is that if an amplifier has none, they wont run well on consumer grade generators... or so I've read. I've also read that the iNuke series amps won't run well on consumer grade generators for this reason (no power factor correction) and that some of the amps take short gulps of large amounts of current (upwards of 80amps). Does anyone know if this is (still) the case with the newer NX series of amplifiers? Will they run okay on consumer grade generators?  Thank you

read more...
    0 445
  • jboehme
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-12-13

Hey, the LAB Control Software for Mac OS Catalina do Not work. When the new Version Come out?

I need it so soon as possible!

0 355
    • jboehme
      AlexLane

Hi @jboehme 

Could you confirm which software you are reffering to? Do you mean the device control software used to monitor C and FP series amplifiers?

Thanks,

• December 15, 2019
    • jboehme
      jboehme

I mean the LabGruppen Drive Controller for IPD1200 and IPD2400 Amps.

• December 19, 2019
  • Gasper
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-02-02

Hi,

I am new here. I would like to ask some technical question about new Lab Gruppen PDX3000 amp. It seems to be a perfect solution for my JBL4645Cs. First of all I would like to know what is the DAMPING FACTOR (aprox. up to 300Hz)?. For the input on XLRs I would like to connect it directly from the integrated amplifier from speaker terminal (high level to low level); I made some measurements and normally high level does not exceed 0,5V - how much volts can take XLR input on PDX3000?

Thank you very much in advance.

Kind regards,

Gasper Jancigaj

read more...
    0 347
    • Gasper
      AlexLane

Hi Gasper,

The following is a white paper published by Lab.gruppen detailing why we do not use Damping Factor in our specifications.

Damping factor

The damping factor is determined by the quotient of the speaker impedance and the output impedanceof the amplifier. To state the damping factor figure of an amplifier is meaningless, as the speakerimpedance’s varies with the frequency and the various types and brands of loudspeakers existing.The figures of the true damping factor are only valid for a specific amplifier/ loudspeakercombination. This fact gives one of the reasons why Lab.gruppen don’t publishes the damping factorfigures.The only figures that are relevant for amplifiers are the output Impedance figures. Most amplifiers onthe market only show low output impedance (or high damping factor) at low frequencies and high(er)at high frequencies. This is due to the improper design of the output network and/or frequencydependent feedback. Lab.gruppen design has the feature to have nearly constant impedance over theaudio frequency band with a value of 0.05 to 0.07 ohms (50-70 mohms) . This causes less coloration.Another feature of the power supply in the fP 2200 - fP 6400 (thanks to the stabilised power supply),is that the output impedance doesn't rise during clip situations. In most conventional amplifiers theimpedance rise 10 or l00 times during clip. That causes uncontrolled movements of the speaker-cone.The conclusion must be that the Lab.gruppen switch mode power supplies sound better or have betterdefinition, especially in the bass region, compared to conventional designs.

Damping factor influences on active and passive frequency divided loudspeakers

Another reason not to publish the damping factor is that it’s not relevant to the audio quality of the power amplifier. For example; a professional loudspeaker driver has a DC-resistance between 2 and 5ohms, which is connected in series with the driver in the equivalent circuit diagram of the driver. Inthis case, the damping factor has more to do with the speaker itself than the amplifier, as the speakerdriver is connected directly to the power amplifier just as in an actively divided system (see example below).In a passively divided speaker system the filter network circuit are placed between the power amplifierand the speaker driver. In this case, however, the filter impedance determines the damping factor ofthe speaker driver. The output impedance of the power amplifier can influence the characteristics ofthe filter response, but it’s not sure that a lower impedance (higher damping factor of the poweramplifier) will give a better response. A classical example is the tube amplifier, which has relativelyhigh output impedance and which gives a very good sonic result in most cases.

I am not entirely sure I understand your question,  "For the input on XLRs I would like to connect it directly from the integrated amplifier from speaker terminal". Could you explain what you wish to do in a bit more detail please?

The PDX inputs are Line Level, if you are using an appropriate audio source then it will be a line level output also. What are you planning on using to drive the input on the amplifier?

• April 6, 2020
  • paul_whitehurst
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-09-20

I filed a claim on Sept. 16.  I have heard nothing.  I can't find anyway to contact someone about what is going on.

Thanks, Paul

0 335
  • KeithWeinstein
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-09-03

I bought a couple of iNUKE1000 amplifiers a couple years ago, and their performance has been excellent, especially considering their value, light weight, and low impedance matching. I was planning to buy a few more until I found out that they are all discontinued, and the closest thing that Behringer has are the NX series amps which are heavier and significantly more expensive. Does anyone know why they're discontinued?

I experienced something similar when I bought a Behringer X32 CORE that retailed for $500 brand new, and then it was discontinued a month later. I wanted to buy more, but by then price has gone up to about $1,500 on eBay for *used* models! And sure enough, I'm starting to see used iNUKE amps being sold at 3rd-party retailers for much higher prices because of the supply vs. demand.

Is this a trend I should worry about?

read more...
    0 328
    • KeithWeinstein
      Paul_Vannatto

Hi Keith @KeithWeinstein ,

Yes the NX series has replaced the iNukes. I got the NX3000D model for my church a few months ago and have been very pleased with it. It is quite light IMO (7.9 lbs) - much lighter than the old Peavey amp it replaced. 

For the X32 Core, the replacement is the Midas M32C, which is a tad more expensive, but a lot less than the gouging ebay prices.

• September 3, 2019
  • DittenLerooij
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-10-14

Does anyone know when the preset for the L' acoustic KS21 will be released?

0 316
    • DittenLerooij
      AlexLane

Hi @DittenLerooij ,

If regarding IPD series amplifiers...

Unfortunatly the IPD2400 is a little underpowered for the KS21, you would likely find the amp starts to drop power with sustained use driving KS21.

If regarding LAKE amplifiers...

I would like to get the KS21 preset into the loadlibrary, however the process requires measuring the manufacturers speaker to create a preset from scratch or measuring another amplifier output to create a clone. This is due to the data not being readily available online or from the manufacturer.

It is on my radar to get done when possible, unfortunatly I cannot give you an estimate of when this might be done for you. 

• December 9, 2019
    • DittenLerooij
      DittenLerooij

Hi Alex,

I did a quick measurement and have a base ready for use on my 5K44, but still need to set limiter settings.

I only have Smaart to measure, no equipment to measure amp outputs unfortunable...

• December 9, 2019
  • Coda2020
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-26

Warranty repair...

I’ve been trying to contact Behringer for the last week. They used to be a phone number you could call and talk to a human. Now the only way to do it is to get on Music tribe. I’ve had such a hard time trying to get on Music tribe. Does anybody have a solution to how I can go about getting my Behringer app repaired under warranty?

read more...
    0 314
    • Coda2020
      KenMitchell

Hi John ( @Coda2020 ), 

Welcome to the community.  You need to open a warranty repair case here: https://www.behringer.com/brand/behringer/support#googtrans(en|en)

You should receive any automated email reply with a case number telling you that someone will contact you within one business day.  Be patient since that is more like a week (or more) these days.  If you don't get the auto-reply, check you spam or junk folder. 

Hope this helps, 

Ken 

• November 26, 2019
Go to page