Statistics

242,668 members
119,063 posts
  • forart
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-05-17

Hi everyone, since Behringer studio amplifiers are often used in home HiFi too, someone made an unofficial DIY kit to convert their look:

A500_hifikit_1.jpg

The main problem - since it's CNC manufactured - is the cost (around 120€)...

...it would be great if Behringer release an OFFICIAL "look conversion kit" at a reasonable price (50€ or even less) !

read more...
    1 452
  • SethUldall
    Super Contributor - Level 1
    2019-06-22

Let me just lead this off by letting it be known that I'm not particularly versed in the matter of Power Factor Correction. All I understand in the matter is that if an amplifier has none, they wont run well on consumer grade generators... or so I've read. I've also read that the iNuke series amps won't run well on consumer grade generators for this reason (no power factor correction) and that some of the amps take short gulps of large amounts of current (upwards of 80amps). Does anyone know if this is (still) the case with the newer NX series of amplifiers? Will they run okay on consumer grade generators?  Thank you

read more...
    0 433
  • jboehme
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-12-13

Hey, the LAB Control Software for Mac OS Catalina do Not work. When the new Version Come out?

I need it so soon as possible!

0 339
    • jboehme
      AlexLane

Hi @jboehme 

Could you confirm which software you are reffering to? Do you mean the device control software used to monitor C and FP series amplifiers?

Thanks,

• December 15, 2019
    • jboehme
      jboehme

I mean the LabGruppen Drive Controller for IPD1200 and IPD2400 Amps.

• December 19, 2019
  • paul_whitehurst
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-09-20

I filed a claim on Sept. 16.  I have heard nothing.  I can't find anyway to contact someone about what is going on.

Thanks, Paul

0 325
  • KeithWeinstein
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-09-03

I bought a couple of iNUKE1000 amplifiers a couple years ago, and their performance has been excellent, especially considering their value, light weight, and low impedance matching. I was planning to buy a few more until I found out that they are all discontinued, and the closest thing that Behringer has are the NX series amps which are heavier and significantly more expensive. Does anyone know why they're discontinued?

I experienced something similar when I bought a Behringer X32 CORE that retailed for $500 brand new, and then it was discontinued a month later. I wanted to buy more, but by then price has gone up to about $1,500 on eBay for *used* models! And sure enough, I'm starting to see used iNUKE amps being sold at 3rd-party retailers for much higher prices because of the supply vs. demand.

Is this a trend I should worry about?

read more...
    0 315
    • KeithWeinstein
      Paul_Vannatto

Hi Keith @KeithWeinstein ,

Yes the NX series has replaced the iNukes. I got the NX3000D model for my church a few months ago and have been very pleased with it. It is quite light IMO (7.9 lbs) - much lighter than the old Peavey amp it replaced. 

For the X32 Core, the replacement is the Midas M32C, which is a tad more expensive, but a lot less than the gouging ebay prices.

• September 3, 2019
  • Gasper
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-02-02

Hi,

I am new here. I would like to ask some technical question about new Lab Gruppen PDX3000 amp. It seems to be a perfect solution for my JBL4645Cs. First of all I would like to know what is the DAMPING FACTOR (aprox. up to 300Hz)?. For the input on XLRs I would like to connect it directly from the integrated amplifier from speaker terminal (high level to low level); I made some measurements and normally high level does not exceed 0,5V - how much volts can take XLR input on PDX3000?

Thank you very much in advance.

Kind regards,

Gasper Jancigaj

read more...
    0 314
    • Gasper
      AlexLane

Hi Gasper,

The following is a white paper published by Lab.gruppen detailing why we do not use Damping Factor in our specifications.

Damping factor

The damping factor is determined by the quotient of the speaker impedance and the output impedanceof the amplifier. To state the damping factor figure of an amplifier is meaningless, as the speakerimpedance’s varies with the frequency and the various types and brands of loudspeakers existing.The figures of the true damping factor are only valid for a specific amplifier/ loudspeakercombination. This fact gives one of the reasons why Lab.gruppen don’t publishes the damping factorfigures.The only figures that are relevant for amplifiers are the output Impedance figures. Most amplifiers onthe market only show low output impedance (or high damping factor) at low frequencies and high(er)at high frequencies. This is due to the improper design of the output network and/or frequencydependent feedback. Lab.gruppen design has the feature to have nearly constant impedance over theaudio frequency band with a value of 0.05 to 0.07 ohms (50-70 mohms) . This causes less coloration.Another feature of the power supply in the fP 2200 - fP 6400 (thanks to the stabilised power supply),is that the output impedance doesn't rise during clip situations. In most conventional amplifiers theimpedance rise 10 or l00 times during clip. That causes uncontrolled movements of the speaker-cone.The conclusion must be that the Lab.gruppen switch mode power supplies sound better or have betterdefinition, especially in the bass region, compared to conventional designs.

Damping factor influences on active and passive frequency divided loudspeakers

Another reason not to publish the damping factor is that it’s not relevant to the audio quality of the power amplifier. For example; a professional loudspeaker driver has a DC-resistance between 2 and 5ohms, which is connected in series with the driver in the equivalent circuit diagram of the driver. Inthis case, the damping factor has more to do with the speaker itself than the amplifier, as the speakerdriver is connected directly to the power amplifier just as in an actively divided system (see example below).In a passively divided speaker system the filter network circuit are placed between the power amplifierand the speaker driver. In this case, however, the filter impedance determines the damping factor ofthe speaker driver. The output impedance of the power amplifier can influence the characteristics ofthe filter response, but it’s not sure that a lower impedance (higher damping factor of the poweramplifier) will give a better response. A classical example is the tube amplifier, which has relativelyhigh output impedance and which gives a very good sonic result in most cases.

I am not entirely sure I understand your question,  "For the input on XLRs I would like to connect it directly from the integrated amplifier from speaker terminal". Could you explain what you wish to do in a bit more detail please?

The PDX inputs are Line Level, if you are using an appropriate audio source then it will be a line level output also. What are you planning on using to drive the input on the amplifier?

• April 6, 2020
  • DittenLerooij
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-10-14

Does anyone know when the preset for the L' acoustic KS21 will be released?

0 299
    • DittenLerooij
      AlexLane

Hi @DittenLerooij ,

If regarding IPD series amplifiers...

Unfortunatly the IPD2400 is a little underpowered for the KS21, you would likely find the amp starts to drop power with sustained use driving KS21.

If regarding LAKE amplifiers...

I would like to get the KS21 preset into the loadlibrary, however the process requires measuring the manufacturers speaker to create a preset from scratch or measuring another amplifier output to create a clone. This is due to the data not being readily available online or from the manufacturer.

It is on my radar to get done when possible, unfortunatly I cannot give you an estimate of when this might be done for you. 

• December 9, 2019
    • DittenLerooij
      DittenLerooij

Hi Alex,

I did a quick measurement and have a base ready for use on my 5K44, but still need to set limiter settings.

I only have Smaart to measure, no equipment to measure amp outputs unfortunable...

• December 9, 2019
  • Coda2020
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-26

Warranty repair...

I’ve been trying to contact Behringer for the last week. They used to be a phone number you could call and talk to a human. Now the only way to do it is to get on Music tribe. I’ve had such a hard time trying to get on Music tribe. Does anybody have a solution to how I can go about getting my Behringer app repaired under warranty?

read more...
    0 296
    • Coda2020
      KenMitchell

Hi John ( @Coda2020 ), 

Welcome to the community.  You need to open a warranty repair case here: https://www.behringer.com/brand/behringer/support#googtrans(en|en)

You should receive any automated email reply with a case number telling you that someone will contact you within one business day.  Be patient since that is more like a week (or more) these days.  If you don't get the auto-reply, check you spam or junk folder. 

Hope this helps, 

Ken 

• November 26, 2019
  • CesarBua
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-05-20

Hi,

A year ago I bought two Lab Gruppen IPD2400.
    After a few uses, now one of them does not turn on.

When I plug it to AC, it does not go to stand by mode. And does not turn on.
    Fan runs, ethernet socket shows activity lights blinking, and Intellidrive Controller can connect with a valid IP address, but does not synchronize. 

Seems that DSP is not working.

Anyone has experienced something similar? Any ideas?

Very frustrating. After investing money on top class brand amps, it only lasted a year.

Regards

read more...
    0 289
    • CesarBua
      wsl

Hello

Same problem here with a new ipd2400 at first start-up.

No stand-by mode , black display , but fans at full speed. After 1 hr I cut the power en reconnect the power cord. The amp starts normal.

• January 21, 2020
  • RileyCasey
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-11-26

Well this is a busy forum isn't it?  Does anyone know of a way to copy and paste DSP parameters such as EQ and limiters between channels on the IPD control app?  I'm using the Mac and iPad versions and don't see this option.  Is it available perhaps in the Windows version?  

Is there a better forum for this sort of question?  This one seems fairly low traffic.

read more...
    0 289
    • RileyCasey
      AlexLane

Hi @RileyCasey,

My apologies for the late reply here.

There is not a direct copy and paste feature but if you are trying to achieve matched channels, a stereo pair of speakers for example, then you can link channels and everything programmed on channel one will be copied onto channel 2 (with shared control for both channels).

There are two link options found on the "Levels" tab, one for input stage and one for output stage. See attached picture.

IPD Link.PNG
      • December 9, 2019
Go to page