Statistics

261,072 members
139,744 posts
  • PeterH
    Triber
    2021-11-03

We are replacing the tried and trusted IPD series of DSP-controlled power amplifiers with a new, improved breed of raw power and ultimate control solutions. This move is part of a general strategic leap forward that will benefit you, starting…. Right now!  

You probably know the feeling: You are planning some fundamental changes, but the time just never seems to be perfect for actually making the big move. But then something unforeseen happens, and suddenly everything aligns, which causes you to pull the trigger on opening a new chapter in your life. That was exactly what happened to us – both specifically when deciding to discontinue the renowned IPD series of power amps and introduce the IPX series, but also on a higher level, as we decided to turn our Swedish facility into a dedicated research and development power house that will be focusing entirely on what they do better than anyone: Design and develop unparalleled amplification and digital signal processing for the future!

Making the Most of an Unfortunate Situation

As is often the case, unfortunate events tend to occur in quantity. Obviously, 2020 was an unusual and challenging year on a number of levels. First and foremost, the global Coronavirus pandemic took us all by surprise and caused unfathomable human distress across the globe, yet the acute situation also taught many of us new things such as optimizing our collaboration-on-a-distance skill set.

Fortunately, when entering 2021 it seemed like there was a good chance that things would gradually begin to move back to normal. However, the combination of the pandemic, natural catastrophes and a fire that had consequences throughout the pro audio industry caused severe supply chain problems and skyrocketing freight rates – not just for us, of course, but generally and globally.

These were the elements that ‘suddenly aligned’ and gave us confidence that now was the time to make some real changes. Transition phases are always painful to some degree, but they are also necessary, and we felt wholeheartedly that it was absolutely the right thing to do – so why wait?

The IPX Move into The Future

While the IPX series looks very similar to the IPD series that it is replacing, there are indeed a host of improvements to be found under the hood. For instance, the DSP has been upgraded and is prepared to integrate seamlessly with future audio and control protocols.

Along with sister companies such as TC Electronic and Midas, we have always been a first mover in terms of adopting new technologies, as well as developing them, and this case is no exception. We consider it as a huge benefit to audio professionals when manufacturers across the board agree on standardization and harmonization in order to make your job easier. Therefore, we are pleased to announce that IPX is your bullet-and-future-proof power amp solution. However, this fundamental change of the DSP design also means that IPX is not backwards compatible with the IPD series.

Further, while specified at the same power ratings as the IPD series (1,200 W and 2,400 W), the new IPX series is more power efficient, and they deliver more power at lower impedance loads. And last but not least, they have a lighter environmental footprint due to their improved power factor load, making them more efficient in terms of sheer electricity consumption.

The Collaborative Move into The Future

As already mentioned, 2020 turned out to become a year of remote work optimization. However, since Music Tribe has been a global organization for decades, collaborating across country borders and time zones was definitely far from new to us. Along with other factors that pushed in the same direction, we decided to make the move for Lab Gruppen in 2021, ensuring that the engineering staff in Kungsbacka, Sweden, is now allowed to dedicate its every moment of attention to developing, refining, rethinking, improving and designing new products and cutting-edge technologies that will help you stay ahead of the curve.

This means that production has started taking place in Asia, which may cause concern to some, but please rest assured that you will not experience any changes in terms of quality, sturdiness and reliability. The number one mistake Western companies make when moving production to Asia is more than anything to have missed out on doing their homework properly – on a cultural as well as a practical level. Well, Music Tribe has been present in the region for ages. In fact, far longer than e.g. Apple and other huge consumer goods manufacturers that we have all accepted as high quality vendors long ago. It cannot be stressed enough that this is not a new process of change for us, or a first attempt at dipping the toes in new waters – we have decades of experience with how to manufacture efficiently and reliably out of Asia. And perhaps most important of all, we have a proven track record of successful Pro Audio and MI brands to back our beliefs that this will indeed become very beneficial for all of our customers.

At the end of the day, all that really matters is providing the finest audio tools imaginable, which in turn empowers you to focus exclusively on delivering stellar results as an passionate audio professional every single day – regardless of whether your field of work is within Touring, Venues, House of Worship, Corporate, Education, or other parts of the Live Sound and AV Install spheres.

Check out our video here: https://youtu.be/Rzg7x7jwgYo 

read more...
    1 666
  • MrGTO
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-12

On the spec sheets it states that the NX6000D has the following modes:  

• BRIDGE, DUAL (Dual Mono), STEREO, BIAMP1 or BIAMP2.

I connected to the amp via NXEdit, and the only modes that are being shown is: DUAL (Dual Mono), STEREO, BIAMP1 or BIAMP2.

I went thru the front display and even there the option for Bridge is not shown.

So my question, how do I set this amp in Bridge mode?

read more...
    0 544
    • MrGTO
      john0121 Hi MrGTO, the NX6000D doesn't feature a bridge mode. This is covered in the user manual and no bridge power is specified in the QSG here:

https://mediadl.musictribe.com/media/sys_master/hc5/h4d/8850167529502.pdf

Could you let me know the document you have read there is Bridge Mode for the NX6000D in case there is an error?
      • September 13, 2020
      • NX6000D Bridge mode???
        MrGTO Hi John, this is a big issue, the link attached above is for the user manual correct? This is a screen shot from that manual... #6: so I ask, how do I access Bridge mode on this $600 amp I just purchased?
        • September 14, 2020
    • MrGTO
      MrGTO This was one of the selling points for the setup I built. Very misleading. Listed as mono bridge being available on the nx6000d on Sweetwater and parts express.
      • September 14, 2020
    • MrGTO
      john0121 Sorry this would seem to be an error in the product description, and I agree it could be made clearer in the QSG that Bridge mode does not apply to the NX6000D. I will report this to the relevant team at once so it can be updated to avoid this error in future. In the meantime it would be best to contact your Sweetwater rep for assistance in sourcing an amp suitable for your setup and returning this one. If you need more help with this then plesae submit a tech support case via the support button and a member of our team in your region will be able to assist.
      • September 14, 2020
  • hoangbaokhoa
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-10-14

Hi,

I am a shop who is selling quite a lot Pdx3000 EU version to local market but many of them has problem with power supply, return ratio is about 1/10 (selling 10, return 1). Please take a look on attached photos (my technician rounds) and advise

Thanks a lot.

read more...
    0 251
    • hoangbaokhoa
      john0121 Hi Diem, in this case you should fill out the service request from via the support button at the top of the page. This way the issue is reported direct to our service team who can investigate and follow process with you to determine the root cause.
      • October 14, 2020
      • PDX3000 power supply
        hoangbaokhoa Many thanks. I have created ticket and waiting for solution.
        • ·
        • October 29, 2020
  • tanofarabute
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-04

Hi all : I bought the Behringer NX3000D amplifier several days ago and still haven't connected it because it was difficult for me to get the SpeakOn connectors. The use I'll give you is exclusively to power two passive subwoofers of 18 "each, in a home system.The satellite speakers are powered by a valve amplifier. I have read the manual but I have not found an outline or explanation about which SpeakOn connector contacts to use in my case. The idea is to control the sub-frequency range with the built-in crossover, and the other functions like time delay and phases. Should I use 1+ and 1- or 2+ and 2- ?
    Can you please clarify this?
    Thank you

read more...
    0 194
    • tanofarabute
      DaveMorrison Use 1+ and 1- if you are using one speaker cable per subwoofer. Additionally you could run just one cable (that has both channels) to the first speaker and then send the second channel to the other speaker (if your cabinet supports this wiring scheme). On the channel A speakon jack, you access channel B's signal by using a four pole speakon cable with the second channel (B) connected to 2+ and 2-.
      • August 4, 2020
    • tanofarabute
      tanofarabute Hi Dave;

Thanks for your quick response !
      Right now I will use your recommendation and connect 1+ and 1 - for each channel.
      It will be an exciting time to see the lights turn on for the first time, I certainly chose this NX model over Inuke for looks.
      Regards

Rolando
      • August 4, 2020
    • tanofarabute
      tanofarabute Friends, I tell you news.
      The amplifier is connected to the two subwofer and working, but I can't get the frequency divider to work. It is unintuitive, too many functions and there is no order (in steps) specified in the manual to make each adjustment.
      The settings I am trying to make do not change the sound, I must be doing something wrong but I cannot know what it is.
      I used to use a board amp with basic controls - analog potentiometers - and it worked great, just adjusting the cutoff frequency (always less than 80 Hertz) and gain to balance with the satellites. Something I am not understanding here, today I will try again and if I am not successful, I still have a few days to return this amplifier to the seller. BTW, I had read reviews for the overly loud fan. In addition, the manufacturer mentions that it is variable according to the temperature, but as soon as the equipment is turned on the air flow is already very strong! I don't want to imagine what will happen when it is summer around here and I want to give it good power! I thought Bheringer had solved this problem, but I see no, so it doesn't seem like a suitable amp to use in a home environment.
      • August 5, 2020
    • tanofarabute
      tanofarabute Please, how can I know if my product was registered to benefit from the guarantee and / or buy spare parts, etc?
      Is it the same password and username for Music Tribu as for product registration?
      Or are they two different sites, each with its password and username?
      I will be very grateful to anyone who can clarify this for me.
      • August 9, 2020
    • tanofarabute
      DaveMorrison They are the same site. Once you have registered the product or make a claim, they should show up in your account in the support area. With this new site's "teething" problems, I'm not sure everything is working properly. Rex Beckett seems to have a handle on this procedure. Alexander Lane might be able to help you. You may need to make a new post to get his attention.
      • August 10, 2020
  • johncucchi
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-13

I am scehdued to buy this amp. I wish there were a manual to understand and answer some questions. I saw all the youtubes.

Can different FX be set as prests?

Can the pedal be assigned to turn specific FX on/off?

Can the harmonies be prest? As in a single or double footswitchable?

Thanks, John

[email protected]

read more...
    0 185
  • Arbigator
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-16

I'm having issues getting my new NX3000D to connect to my PC using NX Edit. I have tried three different Windows 10 computers, and 2 different USB cables. All of the computers recognize and setup the device, but the Behringer software will not even show the amp to connect.

I tried connecting the amp to the pc with the software open before and after powering it on, connecting the USB after turning the amp on, running the software in compatibility mode, with admin privileges, etc...

Does anyone have any suggestions to get this thing to connect?

read more...
    1 160
    • Arbigator
      PedroRodrigues Hi Arbigator can you please confirm if you are connecting the NX3000D to a USB 2.0 PORT?
      • September 16, 2020
      • Can't connect NX3000D to PC
        Arbigator Hi Pedro, I had to dig out an ancient laptop with a USB 2.0 port, and that did the trick. Thanks for the tip! Though it's a bit frustrating that this doesn't work over anything else, many new computers don't even have a USB 2.0 port
        • ·
        • September 16, 2020
  • New
    grundkvist
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-31

I'm having issues with the firmware update crashing without installning. I have no problem connecting using the NX Edit.exe tool. I've tried to run the program in compatability mode, both windows 8 and 7 but with the same result. Dont know how to proceed. I cant really find any information regarding how to firmware update.

read more...
    0 155
  • New
    eightoheight
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-10

I have an LM44 and some PLM10000Q's that are on Dante 3.0.1.48 firmware even when running Lake Controller 7 and doing the Lake Update. Is there a way to update this to version 4 firmware for Dante?

read more...
    0 148
    • eightoheight
      PedroRodrigues Hi eightoheight, unfortunately there is not, as they use the older version Brooklyn one module from Audinate. Thank you
      • Feb 10
  • danthomason
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-16

Hello, I am not getting any response from the aes inputs on my ipd's? When I try to connect to them with intellidrive  in order to update the firmware it gets stuck on a synchronisation process at 72%. This seems to affect my ability to save and recall presets. I don't want to attempt fm update unless I'm sure I can reload the presets. Please help!!

read more...
    0 124
    • danthomason
      AlexLane Hi Daniel,

Are you running the update through a network switch or direct to the amplifier? Also make sure there are exceptions in your firewall for the software.

Best to backup all the presets before doing the update too to be sure they are not lost. Try doing this through File -> Backup presets rather than during the update process

For AES, can you let me know what you are using to drive the inputs? And the settings in the input mixer also?.
      • September 16, 2020
    • danthomason
      danthomason fixed! i managed to finally save the presets and update FW, intellidrive being very tempremental though. udated amps now recieve AES! Thanks
      • September 16, 2020
      • No AES and sync issues in Intellidrive
        AlexLane Excellent! The updater has been improved on the newer versions of Software so this issue should now be eliminated

Let me know if you have any more questions
        • September 16, 2020
  • New
    krzyslangos
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-24

Hi :)

I read Lake Processing manual, and there is information about the Direct Lake Messaging third party protocol (DLM) which is provided for LM and PLM Series devices.

Is i possible to get integration of external control and monitoring applications such as AMX and Crestron with D series Lab Gruppen amplifiers?

The most desirable functions like:

- Standby power control

- Preset Recall

- Amp Routing

read more...
    0 123
Go to page