Statistics

259,807 members
138,225 posts
  • coreysound
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-07-31

Just saw on twitter Midas put the Tc Electronic vss4 in the Pro series. Think they'll add it to m32? 

0 416
    • coreysound
      VincentPouly

Hi,

Not PRO Series, only ProX consoles.

It seems it needs CPU ans Neutron can provide it, not PRO1/2/2C.

• July 31, 2019
  • AntoniPal
    Triber Contributor
    2019-12-04

Dear All, 

I've noticed that automixer in Pro Series is still a sort of unknown feature. I've decided to create and share with You a short manual, that's aimed to explain the basics of use. 
    Feel free to put comments below if You'll still have issues with it. 
    Regards, A.

CUST X2B SOLU1 UK1_Automixer Setup in Midas PRO Series Consoles_2019-12-04_Rev.0.pdf
    read more...
    2 411
    • AntoniPal
      Ishai

Thanks for this. Now if same could  be done for all the available effects, particulary for the more obscure ones... also, it needs to be mentioned that it needs to be turned on but here is the thing- Off mode is a muted green where as ON is "Greener " Green- as oppsed to different colors.....like red and green for example....

• December 6, 2019
  • New
    SuneSchack
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-09

Hey guys,

I have the M Air app on my iPad controlling my MR18. Trying to install the M Air app on a new iPad, I get an error saying that app is gone?! What app is the official Midas MR18 controller app? Are you gonna upload a newer version?

What should I do. I need my M Air app on another device - and I cannot download it....
    Also not from previous download (even on the same Apple ID)...
    Please help....

Sune

read more...
    0 402
    • SuneSchack
      Paul_Vannatto Get Mixing Station. Its a much better app.
      • May 9
    • SuneSchack
      Paul_Vannatto For your info, M-Air-Edit is a completely different app than the M-Air app for the iPad. Also Mixing Station is available for the Mac, PC, linux as well as for android and iPad. But Mixing Station, as well as M-Air for iPad and android are designed as a mixing app, whereas M-Air-Edit (for PC, Mac, linux and Raspberry Pi) is designed as an editor - very different design and functionality.
      • May 9
    • SuneSchack
      Nigel67 Hi SuneSchack. The M-Air app has not been worked on for a number of years now and has been replaced by the MX-Q app.
      • May 9
    • SuneSchack
      DaveMorrison dev-core makes Mixing Station for Mac and Linux too. Get it here: https://dev-core.org/mixing-station/
      • May 10
    • SuneSchack
      micdim

Hi Sune! Ok the M Air App for iPad is up and running again! They had issues with the App and Apple Terms etc, and has been fixed. Search for it under M Air. Seems Tech support gave me incorrect information and has since apologized. However the version is still the same 1.6.5, so not sure if it works on the Newer iPad M1 Chips? Try and see if you can download it.

• May 10
  • DwayneAasberg
    Super Contributor - Level 1
    2019-12-01

Installed V4 on the M32 in our sanctuary.  My first real application was today.

Question.  What do the colours of the bars in the RTA mean?

Feedback.  Limiting Automix to ch1-8 is very limiting.  Our installation is hard wired stage to board and all our volunteers know where to find common stage signals on the board.  Remapping inputs to utilize Automix on ch1-8 is restrictive to the point of unusable.  Ideally it would be best to be able to choose any eight channels on the board to Automix.  However a workable compromise would be to allow selection of one of the four banks of eight (1-8, 9-16, 16-24, 25-32).

Do like the reworked GUI.  Less Appley-Windowsy with good use of contrast for readabiity,  Definitely like the new channel Home screen.

Hopefully somebody in Midas reads this stuff.
    Dwayne A

read more...
    0 400
    • DwayneAasberg
      KevinMaxwell

@DwayneAasberg wrote:

Installed V4 on the M32 in our sanctuary.  My first real application was today.

Question.  What do the colours of the bars in the RTA mean?

Feedback.  Limiting Automix to ch1-8 is very limiting.  Our installation is hard wired stage to board and all our volunteers know where to find common stage signals on the board.  Remapping inputs to utilize Automix on ch1-8 is restrictive to the point of unusable.  Ideally it would be best to be able to choose any eight channels on the board to Automix.  However a workable compromise would be to allow selection of one of the four banks of eight (1-8, 9-16, 16-24, 25-32).

Do like the reworked GUI.  Less Appley-Windowsy with good use of contrast for readabiity,  Definitely like the new channel Home screen.

Hopefully somebody in Midas reads this stuff.
      Dwayne A

What do you use the Automix for in a church. Autmixers are not reliably usable for music they will make weird decisions and will bring some mics down when you don't want them to. They are only made for multiple mics for speaking like on a panel discussion. I use Automixers for the dialog parts in Musicals but I am using external ones. I have used over 30 channels at a time with this method.

• December 1, 2019
    • DwayneAasberg
      DwayneAasberg

Hey Kevin.

Sorry I was not more clear.

We do not use the AutoMixer for music.

In the past we used the AutoMixer for panel discussions of 3-5 panelists. Seemingly it worked as intended.  In any event, we are now reduced to fader-riding as the channels that are available for that activity are hard-wired to inputs 17-24.  Yes, I know we now have all-powerful-selective-routing.  Sadly that will make matters more confusing in this instance.

D

• December 2, 2019
    • DwayneAasberg
      adam_nowak

Hello Dwayne
      Thanks for your feedback on the 4.00

The coloured RTA bars work just like the spectrograph : the redder the color, the higher the level
      This was already represented by the height of the bars, but this was one of the extra features
      You can deactivate the coloured RTA bars in Meters - RTA - 6th encoder.

Breaking the Automix restriction to the first 8 channels is a quite requested change, and it is definitely up on our to do list. Unfortunately there were other things on that list, and that didnt make it to the 4.01 ... Hopefully soon

Best regards

• December 2, 2019
    • DwayneAasberg
      CraigBowers

Can I add a query if it's expected that with V4.0 that on the M32, with 2 stage boxes daisy chained on AES-A that only 1 stagebox is represented in the AES-A box on the mixer (in Routing).  Where-as both are shown on AES-A in M32-Edit on the PC.

This has given our techs some heart attacks as we early on had a lot of occurrences of the second stage box not showing online after startup, and techs learned to always check there first after start, and if not confirmed, shut things down and do the start sequence again.  (It seems to have stabilized now, but for a while to save time it was always better for us to turn the stageboxes on for a few seconds first, then off, before starting with the M32, then stageboxes, then amps).

So because of that early history the absence of the visual confirmation of both stageboxes on AES-A in V4.0 has been jarring.

• December 8, 2019
  • CayeTorres
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-12-24

Hi everyone! I have a problem with which I am not able to move forward. I have a Midas M32 as a FOH console and a DL32 stage box. Recently I bought the M32C console to use as a monitor console. The connectivity process says that if I want the master console to be the M32 of foh, internal synchronization must be selected. This console enters the aes50 A port of the stage and the M32C enters the aes50B port of the stage. The routings are done as Midas indicates in the video that I leave below, but my main problem is that I can not modify anything or gain or, eqs ... Come on, that the M32C ignores me. Could someone help me with this? Thank you very much in advance!

https://youtu.be/JujdVMtQ1hs

sorry for my english!

read more...
    0 395
    • CayeTorres
      RexBeckett

@CayeTorres 

Hi Cayetano, welcome to the community.

Only the console connected to AES50 port A of the DL32 can adjust the preamp gains and select phantom power. The console connected to DL32 AES50-B port has +-18dB of digital trim on each of the inputs. With the exception of the preamp gains, both consoles can process the inputs as required with EQ and dynamics.

• December 24, 2019
    • CayeTorres
      CayeTorres

Rex, thank you very much for your response. I really didn't know that the gains were only controlled by the console that enters through the aes50a port of the DL32. But my problem is that when I try to change an eq to a channel, or a gate, or a compression from the iPad (which is how I operate the M32c) it ignores me. And another thing I have doubts about is the following: ¿Do I have to load a show or scenes through the USB input of the M32C or with the internal synchronization selected from the M32 should the same scene appear on the iPad?   Hopefully together we can find the solution. thanks and sorry again for my english!

• December 24, 2019
    • CayeTorres
      RexBeckett

@CayeTorres wrote:

Rex, thank you very much for your response. I really didn't know that the gains were only controlled by the console that enters through the aes50a port of the DL32. But my problem is that when I try to change an eq to a channel, or a gate, or a compression from the iPad (which is how I operate the M32c) it ignores me. And another thing I have doubts about is the following: ¿Do I have to load a show or scenes through the USB input of the M32C or with the internal synchronization selected from the M32 should the same scene appear on the iPad?   Hopefully together we can find the solution. thanks and sorry again for my english!

@CayeTorres 

Do you have any control of the M32C from your iPad? There have been some recently reported problems with compatibility issues between the M32 app and iOS versions. I believe channel settings were affected.

With your system configuration, there is no communication between the two consoles except that the FOH console provides the master sync to the M32C through the DL32. Each console will have its own settings. When you load a scene on the M32C, the settings should show on the app if the iPad is correctly connected to the console's network port.

If you want to use the M32C as a monitor console and send the mixes to the DL32 outputs, your current configuration will not work - only the FOH M32 can send to the DL32 outputs. Instead you need to configure the system as:

M32 AES50-B <--> AES50-A M32C AES50-B <--> AES50-A DL32 

The M32C will, by default, have full control of the DL32 preamps and can send to the DL32 outputs. The M32C will route all the DL32 inputs to the M32 and can, if required, route outputs from the M32 to the DL32. We can help you with the routing if you tell us how you want the inputs and outputs arranged. 

• December 24, 2019
    • CayeTorres
      CayeTorres

@RexBeckett @GaryHiggins 

Thank you very much for your help. I will try to connect everything this way then M32 AES50-B <--> AES50-A M32CAES50-B <--> AES50-A DL32 the routing would be as follows: outputs 1-8 for in ears, out 14 sub, out 15 L out 16 R   If you need any more information I will be happy to give it to you! Thanks again!

• December 25, 2019
    • CayeTorres
      RexBeckett

@CayeTorres wrote:

@RexBeckett @GaryHiggins 

Thank you very much for your help. I will try to connect everything this way then M32 AES50-B <--> AES50-A M32CAES50-B <--> AES50-A DL32 the routing would be as follows: outputs 1-8 for in ears, out 14 sub, out 15 L out 16 R   If you need any more information I will be happy to give it to you! Thanks again!

@CayeTorres 

This routing assumes that you are running firmware V4.01 on the M32C. It could be done with V3.12 if necessary.

All 32 M32C Inputs come from the DL32 on AES50-B:

M32C Input RoutingM32C Input Routing

The M32C sends all 32 inputs to the M32 over AES50-A. It also sends outputs to the DL32 using the User Out crosspoint (see later).

M32C AES50 Routing.M32C AES50 Routing.

The M32 takes all 32 inputs coming from M32C over AES50-B:

M32 Input RoutingM32 Input Routing

All 16 M32 outputs are sent to the M32C over AES50-B:

M32 AES RoutingM32 AES Routing

In the M32C, the User Out crosspoint is used to route local outputs 1-12 and M32 outputs 14-16 to the DL32:

M32C User OutM32C User Out

Let us know if you have questions or need any changes.

• December 25, 2019
  • New
    jonandersa
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2021-03-23

Hi! On the Midas web page it says (and has been saying for a long time): “ HUB4 easily interfaces with the new Midas DL8 stage box”.

How is the DL8 coming?

2 392
    • jonandersa
      Dale_M The DL8 is still being worked on, we have no news yet from the design team sorry.
      • Apr 18
    • jonandersa
      jonandersa

Thanks for the update :)

• Apr 18
    • jonandersa
      RyanFinch

The prototype they show in this video https://youtu.be/dtF3BPlrIxo would be perfect for me with adat like the dl16. And I'm hoping the cat ports I see are aes50.

• May 18
  • dendong
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-06-23

Hi,

We are currently setting up Midas M32 and Mackie DL32R connection using Dante card. However, we do not clearly understand routing of M32 and DL32R. We would like to have M32 to control all inputs and outputs from DL32R. The routing will be like this, Inputs (mic) > DL32R > Midas > DL32R > Outputs (monitors, main L/R). Below is our current routing configuration for M32 and DL32R where only inputs 1-32 of DL32R can be controlled at M32. Meaning, we can only adjust gains of DL32R inputs thru input faders of M32 but the DL32R outputs cannot be controlled thru M32 ouput faders.

M32

Routing > Inputs (card 1-8, 9-16, 17-24, 24-32)

Routing > Card out (Out 1-8, 9-16), since DL32R has 14 outputs only with 13 & 14 as Main L/R

Routing > Output (DirectOut Ch 1-16), post fader

DL32R

Routing > Dante (Dante 1-32 > Mic Pre 1-32)

Routing > Input A (Ch 1-32 > Dante 1-32)

Routing > Output (XLR 1-14 > Dante 1-14), 13 & 14 as Main L/R

We hope someone could help us regarding the basic routing as we are newbie to digital audio networking. 

Thank you.

read more...
    0 387
    • dendong
      DaveMorrison

@dendong 

If I understand your question correctly, wouldn't you want the outputs from the M32 to be Bus 1-12 and LR on 13&14?  If this is the case, then set Routing 1-16 to be Mix Bus 1....12 to Output 1....12 and Main L&R to Output 13&14 (all post fader).

The Card Out routing looks correct if the Routing 1-16 is set to the above. 

If you need more help, Upload your scene file.

Here are (older) instructions for saving a scene. Remember to ZIP the file or it won't upload. https://behringerwiki.musictribe.com/index.php?title=Uploading_files_to_the_forum

• June 23, 2019
  • jon9max
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-07-04

Hello, I'm new. Very new. I don't even have the equipment yet.

I am going to have an M32C with a DL32. I am having it all racked up so we can use it for stereo IEM's, with a split for FOH.

This is a large band, 11 people, and there will be 6-7 stereo IEM's and just about all 32 inputs will be filled.

I am doing all I can to learn about the unit so we can get to work right away when I get this next week. 

It seems if you use all of the Physical outputs you can't use the effects? (I know the mix busses, but...)What does one have to do with the other? Am I missing something? There are 16 phys. outputs and 16 "mix busses" Did they not think people would not use up the physical outputs and the mix busses to go with them and Not want some reverb?

As I said, I don't know. Is there something I'm missing totally? Is there a workaround?

Thanks in advance! 

read more...
    0 384
    • jon9max
      Paul_Vannatto

Hi John @jon9max,

Welcome to the forum. Yes you are misunderstanding how the M32 engine is designed. Physical outputs are separate entities from the mixbuses. What I would suggest you do is to download the M32-Edit app (PC, Mac, linux and/or Raspberry Pi) and have a look at how everything is laid out.

There are 16 mixbuses that can be used to mix channel sends and output to various destinations, including physical outputs. Typically it is setup to use the first 12 mixbuses for monitor mixes or 6 mixbus stereo pairs, or a combination thereof. The last 3 mixbuses are typically used to mix channel sends to be sent to the first 4 Fx slots (side-chain) as the dry signal inputs. The wet signals are returned in stereo pair channel inputs (on the Aux layer channel strips 9-16), which can then be sent to the Main LR and/or any of the monitor mixes.

Assignments to the physical outputs are done in the Routing section and is accomplished in a 2 step process. First individual outputs are assigned to individual physical outputs on the Out 1-16, Aux Out or Ultranet. Then these outputs are assigned to the AES50 in banks of 8 of those individual assignments.

The best thing to do is play around with the M32-Edit, then ask questions here as they come up. That's how I got started back in Dec 2012 when my church got their X32. Because I was new to the digital mixing world, I ended up asking lots of questions.

• July 3, 2019
    • jon9max
      jon9max

Thanks so much Paul! 

I do have the M32 edit program and I am setting up as much as I can prior to getting the unit. That’s what brought me here with my question. You basically restated my question with your solution. When you said “typically” it is used in such a way...

What I’m asking, is if I use the mix busses to control the stereo IEM’s, can I use effects? 

• July 3, 2019
    • jon9max
      Paul_Vannatto

@jon9max wrote:

Thanks so much Paul! 

When you said “typically” it is used in such a way...

That is the way it is setup from the factory and I normally leave it that way. Fortunately it does give the ability to change that. For example, if you need 7 stereo IEM capability, you could use mixbuses 1-14 and use only the last 2 (15 and 16) for sends to 2 of the FX slots.

What I’m asking, is if I use the mix busses to control the stereo IEM’s, can I use effects? 

Yes of course you can. There are 2 ways of using the effects - sidechain or insert. Reverbs, delays, etc. work best using the side chain method, which requires a mixbus to feed them.

• July 3, 2019
    • jon9max
      jon9max

Ok, So can I insert them, then?  (I do know how they work best, but it looks like I'm not gonna be able to do it that way. It just seems wacky that the outputs are kinda tied to the mix buses, well, that there aren't more mix busses if you are using them to control the outputs for Iem's/monitors.) But It's so we can get a little reverb in the IEM's just so vocals and drums won't be completely dry. I haven't found a way to insert them.  Inserted to a subgroup an input channel? (subgroup would be great) 

thank you,

John

• July 4, 2019
    • jon9max
      BillHood

Hi @jon9max . Paul is the expert so you have the right person helping you out. Just thought I would chime in, as you asked about any workarounds... but I will note the DL32 has ADAT out for 17 through 32. I have often wondered if ADAT out to an ADA8200 wouldn't provide more physical outputs, but I don't need them so have never tried.

Alternatively, with 11 folks and 6-7 stereo IEM's I figure you are anticipating some shared mixes or wedges or similar? If you can work it with your group, using a couple of mix bus for compiling/grouping several channels like to a 'drum' L 'drum' R, you might be able to get away with using a couple of the P16 system in addition to the 16 physical outs. Downside is P16 only allows 16 assignments, which I find a real drawback. 

Idea might be mix bus 1-12 are individual L-R mixes and go to 12 of your physical outs for 6 stereo IEM, and you have 4 physical outs for Subs and Mains

Bus 13 and 14 then are 'drum' LR, bus 15 and 16 are for effects send. Or some combination of the above, whatever fits your need. Then for the P16 system you can assign the 'grouped' mix bus 13 and 14, where you can also mix in some of your effects returns to add reverb, then 14 other individual channels.

Not ideal I know, but maybe useful... also note the M32C has 'Monitor Out L and R' - I use those physical outs for my IEM as well. Still uses 2 mix bus, but is 2 more physical outs... just have to use some creative routining.

• July 4, 2019
  • mahdi95
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-12-28

Hi,

does midas pro1 rta on every input channel?

my software is G3.4.6 and I haven't RTA in PEQ input channel graph.

if anyone know how to activate rta please notify me.

0 366
    • mahdi95
      zigson

Hello

in the FX-Rack of the analyser you'll find 2 buttons called CHANNEL and SOLO

if you activate one of these buttons you will have the RTA overlaied to the P-EQ individuel view in the GUI.... (when soloing or selecting a given channel)

• December 27, 2019
    • mahdi95
      ww-audio

Hi zigson

Go to the rta and press the button follow channel (or something like that)

I had to do it today after full reset.

Cheers Werner

• December 28, 2019
    • mahdi95
      zigson

hello Werner
      it was not me that posted the question ! I posted the solution (as you did as well)
      it was mahdi95 who posted initially that question !!

• December 31, 2019
  • Alphasounds
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-01-12

After the update giging Yesterday was no fun.

The Desk did run so smmoth and now : The Slow Faders could be tolerated, but EQ of Fader is  a Sticking mess, also the Pots on Parametric jump or lagging. I Mannaged, but i really neeed to fix this.

read more...
    0 365
    • Alphasounds
      GaryHiggins

@Alphasounds There is a fix on the way with firmware 4.02-supposedly soon. Until then I would suggest going back to 3.12 by way of first loading 3.07. 3.07 (specific) sets your M32 faders back the way they used to be, then loading 3.12 will get all back to what you are used to. Before doing that you might want to try and re load 4.01 again as maybe it didn't load properly. I have an M32R and do not have those issues but perhaps a full M32 reacts in a different way.

If you don't have 3.07 I can post a dropbox link...it was until recently among the "legacy" firmware options but may no longer be...

• January 11, 2020
    • Alphasounds
      Alphasounds

Thank You, So 1rst 3.7 and then 3.1 but this sounds like spending a lot of hrs for the Hope just going back were i starded.

• January 11, 2020
    • Alphasounds
      GaryHiggins

@Alphasounds It's 3.07 and then 3.12. It doesn't take long, no more than 5 min for each firmware update once you have the files. BTW this is not an official fix but it worked perfectly for me...more than once...as I wanted to try 4.01 again with the slower faders AND the new routing menus. That said you should do it at your own risk. You can just go directly back to 3.12 but the slow fader part remains, I was not happy with that choice.

• January 11, 2020
    • Alphasounds
      Alphasounds

Thank You, the Scary part was not the speed, a lot of eq faders are in need to be kind of woken up and then used. Dissapointing. Have You got a link for the 2 old Firmware versions handy ?

• January 11, 2020
    • Alphasounds
Go to page