Statistics

196,272 members
66,834 posts
  • 2020-08-28

We are pleased to announce the release of Firmware 1.08 for the Behringer Wing. As this is the Summer Update, we had to make it a hot one! 

The console 1.08 firmware update offers some functional improvements and new features. The highlights of this update are a range of new FX including the long-awaited Multiband-Compressor. Beside OSC and MIDI-Sysex Control Firmware 1.08 offers a new SETUP-Option for Mute-Override and many other improvements.

It is sensible to periodically check for new firmware updates. New features and bug fixes will be released regularly. Our development team is eager to react to customer suggestions and to amaze you with improvements and new features. Visit the WING product page on behringer.com to download the latest firmware, install the update and enjoy the full potential of your WING. 

New Features

• New FX:
      • C5-COMBINATOR (Multiband-Compressor)
      • BODYREZ (Acoustic Pickup Enhancer)
      • PITCH FIX (Pitch Correction)
      • BLUE PLATE (Plate Reverb)
    • OSC Support (Port 2223)
    • MIDI SysEx control
    • SETUP-Option for Mute-Override (Channels muted by MGRP, DCA or SIP can temporarily be unmuted)
    • Support for upcoming Wing-Dante Expansion-Card
    • Metering page can be shown when console is locked (option)
    • PFL DIM control (reduces solo level when using PFL solo)
    • shortcut to audio and clock setup pages when touching the respective areas in the top status area

Improvements

• COPY/INIT toolbox preselect
    • Bus-to-Bus and Bus-to-MTX pre switch and pre mute (fixed)
    • Pressing SELECT-Button on channel overview screen shows corresponding channel bank
    • HUI metering fixed (for Adobe Audition)
    • General bug fixes

Firmware Update Process

1. Connect a USB cable to the rear panel USB port and to your computer.
    2. Either hold the blank button on the main display during power-up or open the SETUP/GLOBAL Edit page in order to enable OS ACCESS.
    3. A drive icon will appear on your computer, like connecting a flash drive or external hard drive. Double click the drive to open.
    4. Extract the firmware zip file and drag/copy the new firmware file into the WING OS drive.
    5. After copying is completed, please eject the WING OS drive from your computer.
    6. WING should reboot automatically a few seconds after ejecting the drive. If it doesn’t, please power cycle the console, and verify the correct firmware version on the lower right corner of the SETUP screen.

Alternative Firmware Update from USB Stick

1. Download any future FW updates from behringer.com and store it on a FAT formatted USB stick
    2. Connect the USB stick to the top panel USB port of WING
    3. Open the SETUP page and tap on the Console Update icon near the bottom right corner of the display
    4. A file browser will appear on the screen, and you can navigate to where the fw update is located
    5. Select the correct FW update file and tap on UPDATE
    6. After installing the update is completed, you will be prompted to reboot the console
    7. The console can be rebooted by power cycling, or by selecting SETUP/SHUTDOWN and holding the SETUP button while pressing the HOME button.
    8. Verify the update was successful by comparing the FW version number in the bottom right corner of the Setup screen

Note, WING will always boot using the most recent firmware in the OS drive. 
    However, it is recommended to delete older firmware files or move them to a subfolder.

DOWNLOAD HERE: 
    https://www.behringer.com/behringer/product?modelCode=P0BV2

read more...
    2 1,678
    • Behringer
      Gary Higgins To quote a famous song writting duo "It's getting better all the time, better, better, better" Thanks guys.
      • Aug 29
    • Behringer
      Goetz Mueller-Duerholt Hey everyone, we noticed a certain booting problem when booting WING connected to a Mac with Mojave or Catalina. We have the fastest Dev-Team in the world so luckily the bug is already fixed and the 1.08.1 firmware should go live within the next 24 hours!
      • Aug 31
  • 2020-06-24
    So.... I updated my X32 to firmware version 4.02 and have the current version of X32 Edit, (3.2) on my Windows 10 PC, and now when I try to connect, I get an error message; "Incompatible Mixer Firmware" "Please update to latest version" Any thoughts???
    read more...
    0 835
    • Brian Baker
      Dave Morrison You will need X32-Edit v4.1. Unfortunately the web site is all messed up. As of this posting, you can download it from the the X32 COMPACT-TP section. You can download it from any X32 (or even M32) models. Not all models of the mixer are showing the latest versions.
      • Jun 23
      • X32 Edit
        Brian Baker Thank you Dave. That did it.
        • Jun 23
  • 2020-07-11
    1. Fader scroll up and down automatically without touching. 2. The screen changes itself without touching it. 3. When i press the setup button the device will 4. Sometime i push the screen but nothing happened My mixer the last version firmware 1.07
    read more...
    0 568
    • TANAPHAT WONGSRI
      Gary Higgins Sounds like "Ghost Screen" issue. You should setup a CARE ticket (use Support up top) to get it replaced.
      • Jul 11
      • The Touch screen of Behringer Wing Have a problem
        TANAPHAT WONGSRI Thank you for a suggestion
        • Jul 11
    • TANAPHAT WONGSRI
      Lennart Altenhof Having the same issue...
      • Sep 10
        Gary Higgins You can verify by doing the test. Hold down Home and Meters keys and power on. A test will start, run it for an hour without touching it. You should get no events. I got over 100...mine needs repair.
        • Sep 10
        Lennart Altenhof Thank you. Mine got several, too... Explains the issues. Even sources got muted from the channel home page during live events...
        • Sep 11
        Mike Drennan Gary, unfortunately this appears to be a fairly big problem for Behringer. I can confirm that my screen also suffers from ghost touches and it’s getting worse.
        • Oct 2
  • New
    2020-11-16

WING Firmware UpdateVersion 1.09

The console 1.09 firmware update offers some functional improvements and new features. The highlights of this update are the new Midas Sub Monster Effect and new assignment screens for DCAs and MGRP. Besides a new Tab-View, the routing screens provide new features like indication of all connected AES50 and StageCONNECT devices. This update also offers some UI improvements like PRE-Tap indication on the channel home screen or metering for the WING Live Recorder/Player and some general Bug fixes.

It is sensible to periodically check for new firmware updates. New features and bug fixes will be released regularly. Our development team is eager to react to customer suggestions and to amaze you with improvements and new features. Visit the WING product page on behringer.com to download the latest firmware, install the update and enjoy the full potential of your WING.

This new WING Firmware version contains: New Features

• Quick channel select from touchscreen (touch the channel number in the upper left corner)
    • PRE-Tap indication and setup on channel home screen
    • Midas Sub Monster Effect
    • Optional channel metering for WING Live Recorder/Player• Indication of connected AES50 and StageCONNECT devices (ROUTING)
    • Enable DCAs to control monitor levels (rename DCA to ‘MON A’, ‘MON B’, or ‘MON LVL’ (both))
    • Advanced Source-Scope for channel presets
    • Tap-View for customization, naming and tags
    • Delay for 48V switch (hold for on/off)
    • New DCA/MGRP assignment screen (touch assignment overview)
    • Option to disable jogwheel during playback

Improvements

• New StageCONNECT configuration (ROUTING)
    • Indication of available USB Streams (ROUTING)
    • Fixed issue with fader recall in SoF Mode
    • Fixed low frequency distortion wth SOUL 9000 Gate and EVEN 88 GATE
    • Immediate switch for different USB Audio configurations (No enumeration on boot)
    • Fixed routing enable switch

Update Process:

1. Connect a USB cable to the rear panel USB port and to your computer.
    2. Either hold the blank button on the main display during power-up or open the SETUP/GENERAL Edit page in order to enable WING OS.
    3. A drive icon will appear on your computer, like connecting a flash drive or external hard drive. Double click the drive to open.
    4. Extract the firmware zip file and drag/copy the new firmware file into the WING OS drive.
    5. After copying is completed, please eject the WING OS drive from your computer.
    6. WING should reboot automatically a few seconds after ejecting the drive. If it doesn’t, please power cycle the console, and verify the correct firmware version on the left of the SETUP/GENERAL screen.

Alternative Update from USB Stick:

1. Download any future FW updates from behringer.com and store it on a FAT formatted USB stick.
    2. Connect the USB stick to the top panel USB port of WING.
    3. Open the SETUP/GENERAL page and tap on the UPDATE icon on the left of the screen.
    4. A file browser will appear on the screen, and you can navigate to where the fw update is located.
    5. Select the correct FW update file and tap on UPDATE.
    6. After installing the update is completed, you will be prompted to reboot the console.
    7. The console can be rebooted by power cycling, or by selecting SETUP/SHUTDOWN and holding the SETUP button while pressing the HOME button.
    8. Verify the update was successful by comparing the firmware version on the left of the SETUP/GENERAL screen.

Note, WING will always boot using the most recent firmware in the OS drive. However, it is recommended to delete older firmware files or move them to a subfolder

Download here: https://www.behringer.com/behringer/product?modelCode=P0BV2

read more...
    0 548
  • 2020-07-17
    We are pleased to announce that the latest firmware for the DP48 personal monitor mixer is now live.

This update introduces a wealth of new features that help simplifying setup, improve overview and provide new means of communication for all live performance and studio production applications, where musicians are in control of their own monitor mix.

Midas is constantly adding new features and making enhancements to this extremely stable ecosystem of digital mixers, I/O boxes and personal monitoring mixers. This means you always experience the best possible performance. Visit midasconsoles.com and check for updates of your products regularly. Download the latest firmware for DP48 and HUB4, and make sure the latest versions will be installed to both.

New Features 1.5

• Sending control and name commands through stage boxes

Improvements
    • SD-Card recording bug fixed (introduced with FW1.4)

Firmware Update Process

1. Download the update file from midasconsoles.com and extract the archive 2. Copy the dp48m_xx.upd file onto an SD card, into the following path inside SD-root \DP48M 3. Make sure the DP48 is turned off 4. Insert the SD card into the SD card slot on the rear panel of your DP48 5. Hold the SETUP button while turning the DP48 on 6. Wait until the update procedure is completed and the DP48 has booted again 7. Do not turn off the device and do not remove the SD card before the update has finished 8. The device will boot automatically and briefly indicate the new firmware version Note: SD Card must be FAT or FAT32 formatted for use in DP48

Download link: https://www.midasconsoles.com/product.html?modelCode=P0BMX
    read more...
    1 365
  • 2020-07-21

I want to update the X32 Firmware but I am afraid I will loose all settings on the board. Can anyone confirm if I will loose everything or not? Also if so how do I back up the board and reload the backup? It says to backup the board before updating the firmware but I cant find how to back it up.

read more...
    0 196
    • chuck Eskridge
      Paul Vannatto The best way to backup the X32 (prior to firmware 4.x) is to export your show to a show package (on USB stick). Then go to the Setup section and make note of your settings on the global, config and network screens.
      • Jul 21
    • chuck Eskridge
      David Knighton Hello bobcatchuck. If you're upgrading to version 4 firmware from version 3 or version 2, then you will most likely purge your current settings. There are many changes to the operating system, most notably in the ROUTING section. You should always have a backup of your show files and scenes, regardless of whether you're updating the firmware.
      • Jul 23
    • chuck Eskridge
      Mihail Adrian Mercan Sd card inside on the console is full and is blocked.
      I try to upgrade firmware On x32 from 4.00 to 4.02 and ghe sdcard bootloader 120 Mb is full and blocked all the console.
      • Aug 27
  • 2020-06-19
    Looks like V 1.07 is out, link on the Facebook site. A lot of what people begged for!
    1 176
    • Gary Higgins
      Gary Higgins from pdf
      • Jun 19
    • Gary Higgins
      Gary Higgins Link to Wing Firmware 1.07 https://www.dropbox.com/s/jeuvqyrwka6cskg/WING_Firmware_1.07.zip?dl=0
      • Jun 20
    • Gary Higgins
      KlausMock Hm, why has Behringer/Musictribe decided to inform the "community" via Facebook, a platform I do not use for several reasons, and leave pople like me alone? And why is the new firmware not available on the products download site? Strange behavior imho.
      • Jun 20
      • Wing Firmware 1.07
        Gary Higgins Hey Klaus, I think it was leaked on Facebook, still not out officially as far as I know
        • ·
        • Jun 20
    • Gary Higgins
      Brian James I’m not finding the link on their Facebook page. Or the file in the Wing firmware downloads web page. Could you please post one or the other? Maybe Behringer removed it. Thanks!
      • Jun 20
    • Gary Higgins
      Gary Higgins Link is above....
      • Jun 20
      • Wing Firmware 1.07
        Brian James Gary, thank you my friend.
        • Jun 20
  • 2020-06-20
    I have been trying for 28 days to register a Behringer XR18 mixer on the Music Tribe Care site. Each time i click on the "submit" button it tells me to fill in the "required fields", but every field is already filled in and i've attached a copy of the purchase receipt. I can't get past this page, it doesn't assign me a care #, and i am unable to register the mixer. I need to know if there is another avenue to register the product. I am extremely frustrated with the inability to reach out to a live person in customer service. This will definitely impact my decision on future Behringer purchases. UPDATE: i was finally able to register the product today (day 29). I entered the same info as i'd been putting in...so i'm not sure what changed...but i'm registered...so all is good. Thanks to all who offered advice/input/suggestions. Much Appreciated!
    read more...
    0 149
    • Gilbert Mendoza Jr.
      Gary Higgins I have registered a product in the last few weeks and it worked ok, wondered if the os being used is the issue? Maybe try using a Mac or Pc if already using a Mac. I did mine with an iPhone. Unfortunately the site is still having issues to compound the situation
      • Jun 20
      • Product registration site not working
        Gilbert Mendoza Jr. Gary, thanks for the feedback. I was trying to register on a Mac, on a Windows PC, on an I-phone, and on an android. it was frustating! however, today, i was able to register the product using the same information i've been providing for the past month. I don't know what the difference was...but at this point i'm just happy I got to register. Thanks again for your input.
        • Jun 22
    • Gilbert Mendoza Jr.
      Rex Beckett Missing or invalid fields in your profile can cause the Care ticket system to fail. One known one is your title (Mr, Ms, etc). This field is not marked as required but, if it is blank, Care ticket submissions can fail.
      • Jun 20
        Gilbert Mendoza Jr. Rex, thanks for the help. Yeah...i was even putting info in the non-required boxes...like middle name...i don't have one, so i just put "none". Not sure why, but today it let me register the product. It's nuts. Anyhow, thanks again for the advice. Much appreciated.
        • Jun 22
    • Gilbert Mendoza Jr.
      John Matthews Hi GilMendozaJr, sorry for the problem you're having with product registration. Can you raise a Care Ticket under Technical Support please, include a copy of your invoice and the serial number so I can complete the registration with you. We can work out exactly what was going wrong too and improve this going forward. Thanks
      • Jun 21
        Gilbert Mendoza Jr. John, i was gonna try to do what you requested, but i decided to try one more time so that i could grab screen shots for ya. Wouldn't you know it, for some reason it let me register the product today...same info as in the past, so i'm not sure why it worked today. Anyhow, thanks for reaching out with a possible solution. If you still want to take a look...my Case# is CAS-113715-X9G2T3. Thanks again....
        • ·
        • Jun 22
        John Matthews Thanks for letting me know, that;s good to hear. I'll pick up the case and raise the problem with the development team still so we can work out what went wrong and improve this in the future. Thanks.
        • Jun 22
    • Gilbert Mendoza Jr.
      Gilbert Mendoza Jr. John, so i was gonna follow your request, but i decided to try one more time so that i could get screen captures for you. Wouldn't you know it...it let me register the product today. I used the same info as in the past, so i'm not sure why it worked today. Anyhow, thanks for reaching out and offering a possible solution. just in case you want to check...my Care Case # is CAS-113715-X9G2T3. Thanks again.
      • Jun 22
  • New
    2020-11-13

Midas DP48 Firmware UpdateVersion 1.7  

This update introduces a wealth of new features that help simplifying setup, improve overview and provide new means of communication for all live performance and studio production applications, where musicians are in control of their own monitor mix.Midas is constantly adding new features and making enhancements to this extremely stable ecosystem of digital mixers, I/O boxes and personal monitoring mixers. This means you always experience the best possible performance. Visit midasconsoles.com and check for updates of your products regularly. Download the latest firmware for DP48 and HUB4, and make sure the latest versions will be installed to both.

New Features 1.7

• Mirror Mix A on Mix B output in singlemode.

Improvements
    • Fix for saving master parameters if powering off while remote controlling.
    • Fix for stereo link assignment and indication on booth channels in a pair, while working remotely.
    • Fix for passing on wrong AES50 information of connected devices in a chain.
    • Fix for pre fader reverb send when using MY GROUP in singlemode.
    • Refresh assign page after being remote controlled by master.

Firmware Update Process

1. Download the update file from midasconsoles.com and extract the archive
    2. Copy the dp48m_xx.upd file onto an SD card, into the following path inside SD-root \DP48M
    3. Make sure the DP48 is turned off
    4. Insert the SD card into the SD card slot on the rear panel of your DP48
    5. Hold the SETUP button while turning the DP48 on
    6. Wait until the update procedure is completed and the DP48 has booted again
    7. Do not turn off the device and do not remove the SD card before the update has finished
    8. The device will boot automatically and briefly indicate the new firmware version

Note: SD Card must be FAT or FAT32 formatted for use in DP48Visit midasconsoles.com and check for updates of your products regularly.

Download: https://www.midasconsoles.com/product.html?modelCode=P0BMX

read more...
    1 132
    • Midas Midas
      MarcVangrunderb Is it possible to connect a DL153 stagebox on the AES50 thru port of a DP48. I have two DL153 stage boxes connected to my X32 rack and would like to know how I can integrade the DP48.
      • 9 hours ago
    • Midas Midas
      Paul Vannatto Hi Mark, I would suggest you also get the Hub4 and use the AES50 Thru port to connect the DL153.
      • 8 hours ago
      • DP48 Firmware Update 1.7 Now Available!
        MarcVangrunderb Hi Paul,
        Do you want to say that it only works with the Hub4 or can it also be done via the thru port of the DP48?
        • 7 hours ago
        Paul Vannatto Well, it will "sort of" work. The problem will be the upstream (stagebox to console) channels, since the first AES50 channels (banks of 8) will be used by the DP48. The Hub4 has a switch to setup for the DP48 return OR pass thru the AES50 signals from the Thru port.

Here is a link to the Hub4 Routing Diagram
        https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HJJuoNh3QE7iK-daR7PFiV7mvytSEeSM/view?usp=sharing
        • 7 hours ago
        Paul Vannatto The downstream signals should work fine, since the DP48 Thru port is meant to be used for cascading DP48 providing all 48 AES50 channels to subsequent DP48 and therefore the same to the stageboxes. It is the upstream signals that are the issue.
        • 7 hours ago
        MarcVangrunderb OK thanks. That's clear. Is the latest firmware of the HUB4 provided to work with Pro stageboxes like the DL153 because I always assumed this was not compatible?
        • 6 hours ago
        Paul Vannatto Yes as long as the stagebox is set for 48K samplerate (not 96K), the latest Hub4/DP48 firmware is designed to work with the Midas stageboxes.
        • 6 hours ago
  • 2020-06-23
    Hello, I got a replacement for my wing, due to Corona didn't use it for a while. I have 3 problems. 1. Sometimes the screen jumps to something i didn't select. Is this a ghosting issue again? 2. I tried to replay previous recorded sessions with Tracks from PC or Mac via USB B cable. The Wing doesn't show up on the PC and Mac. Not in the Wing control panel, nor in the preferences in Tracks. I tried different USB cables, no effect. When I switch the Wing to WING OS or WING DATA the drive pops up in my pc or Mac. What could be the problem? 3. The fan is noisy and seems to slow down.
    read more...
    0 117
    • WillemKrabbe
      Gary Higgins It sounds like the screen issue is another bad unit. Maybe you need a new distributor? I would contact CARE for direction. I’m really sorry to hear this for your sake. Fan sounds faulty also.
      • Jun 23
    • WillemKrabbe
      John Matthews Hi Willem, John here I work in CARE in the UK. Really sorry to see the issues with your WING, unfortunately this is going to require service or replacement. Could you please fill out the service request form via the support button at the top of the screen? We will be able to work out the next best steps with you, please include your proof of purchase/ invoice and a video showing the fan issue would be good too. Look forward to hearing from you.
      • Jun 24
      • Wing firmware 1.07.1 ghosting issue and no audio over USB
        John Matthews Hi Andy, sorry I know there has been some frustration with the website and accessing the correct page over the past few days, the forms are running smoothly now. Please fill out the service request through the support page so we can get this Wing issue resolved for you. We really want to get to the root cause of the issue with the bent metal work so we can make any necessary improvements to stop this happening again. Thanks
        • Jul 1
        John Matthews Hi Rick, can you please fill out the service request form (all working fine now) through the support button at the top of the page. I'll tell the rest of the Mixer team to keep an eye out for your case so we can get straight on to this and work out the root cause. Thanks,
        • Jul 1
        Rick Schwartz Thanks John. I'm now in the system and plan to return my console next week for repair.
        • ·
        • Jul 2
        WillemKrabbe Hi John, I filled in a service request at the site on the 30 july. The status of the ticket is resolved? How can this be? The mixer is still with me. I had no contact what so ever? It's really annoying that I can't phone or mail directly with the tech support.
        Can you provide me some more information and what to do?
        • Aug 3
    • WillemKrabbe
      Paul Francois Hi Willem, Just a silly thought. Is your USB cable directly connected to your motherboard on your computer. I had the most terrible time when I first got my wing and had it plugged in to my front USB connector on my PC case.
      • Jul 1
Go to page