Statistics

305,245 members
189,519 posts
  • New
    Behringer
    Triber Moderator
    2020-11-25

X32-Edit Update Version 4.2

The X32-Edit 4.2 update offers some functional improvements and new features. The highlight of this update is the implementation of DCA-Spill. This new function offers the possibility to unfold the assigned channels of a DCA on a new DCA-Spill fader layer.

The X32-Edit is a remote application enabling control of the M32-Series of digital mixing consoles via ethernet. It is available for Mac OS, Windows and Linux.

This new X32 Firmware version contains:

New Features

• DCA Spill

• GUI-Preference to switch off automatic DCA spill layer jump

• GUI-Preference ‘Bus botton names’ active by default

• GUI-Preference to show DCA spill always on top

• GUI-Preference to deactivate mouse wheel

• Add stereolink to DP48-Remote page

• Add setup option to create custom boot scene

• Add SD-Recorder warning pop-up if only 10 & 1 min recording capacity left

Improvements

• Removed link option from Dual-Deesser

• Show source info on left side of all effect screen

• Changed inverted colors to match all console displays

• Improved text button ON/OFF state for X32-Edit

• Improved distinction between local and mixer data on show control pages

• Improved routing tap color distinction

Bugfixes

• Fix for snippet index offset after show import

• Fix for snippet paste issue (see above)

• Fix for wrong snippet checkboxes on USER In/Out options

• Fix for FX link A/B issue on scene load

• Fix for bad suboctaver range switch mouse support

• Fix for moodfilter tap function

• Fix for show control mismatch (highlighted row for active cue/scene/snippet)

• Fix for Copy/Pasting of dynamic settings for MTX/ST/M

• Fix for gate/dyn key solo: set active channel and page on console

• Fix for oversized app windows after restart under Windows 10 (if display scale active) Note: X32-Edit 4.2 requires X32 console firmware V4.00 or higher.

Download via the software section: https://www.behringer.com/behringer/product?modelCode=P0ASF

read more...
    0 12,776
    • Behringer
      JamesHood After connecting to my X32 (Mixer->PC), X32-Edit 4.2 (Mac) crashes on startup. I isolated the bug to these lines in `~/Library/.X32-Edit/X32Edit.init` :

config/routing/AES50A OUT1-8 OUT9-16 OUT1-8 OUT9-16 P161-8 P169-16
      config/routing/AES50B OUT1-8 OUT9-16 OUT1-8 OUT9-16 P161-8 P169-16
      outputs/p16/01 1 POST OFF
      outputs/p16/01/iQ A iQ15 Linear 0
      outputs/p16/02 1 POST OFF
      outputs/p16/02/iQ OFF iQ10 Linear 0
      outputs/p16/03 2 POST OFF
      outputs/p16/03/iQ A iQ15 Linear 0
      outputs/p16/04 3 POST OFF
      outputs/p16/04/iQ OFF iQ18B Linear 0

Workarounds include not routing AES50-A 33-40 from Ultranet 1-8 or rearranging my Ultranet patch order (i.e. Main L, L, R, M/C crashes, but Main L, R, M/C, L works).
      • January 2, 2021
  • New
    Midas
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-25

M32-Series Firmware Update Version 4.04

The console 4.04 firmware update offers some functional improvements and new features. The highlight of this update is the implementation of DCA-Spill. This new function offers the possibility to use the SELECT-Button of a DCA to unfold the assigned channels to the left fader bank. This update also offers some improvements for the use with the X-Touch controller and some general bugfixes.

We recommend to periodically check for new updates, for the latest features and improvements. Our development team is eager to react to customer suggestions and to amaze you with improvements and new features. Visit behringer.com to download the latest firmware, install the update and enjoy the full potential of your M32.

This new M32 Firmware version contains:

New Features

• DCA-Spill (only for M32-Models with faders)

• Press SELECT on DCA to see associated channels (flashing SELECT on DCA)

• Hold SELECT on DCA to change DCA assignment (flashing SELECT on channels)

• Press DCA layer button to toggle between DCA-Spill pages

• Change left faderlayer or hold DCA layer button to disable DCA Spill (Active DCA-Spill is indicated by flashing DCA layer button)

Improvements

• Improved interoperability with X-Touch

• Gain/Trim issue on CH 1-8

• Issue with send pan indication when using ‘sendPanFollowsLR’

• Improved Copy/Pasting of dynamic settings for MTX/ST/M

Bug Fixes

• Prevent freeze when using Snippet-Utility

• Fixed send pan LED-Ring indication when using ‘sendPanFollowsLR’

• Hide folder names with non ASCII characters 

Update Process:

1. Download the new console firmware from the M32 product page onto any directory of a FAT32 formatted USB thumb drive

2. Plug the USB thumb drive into the top panel USB connector

3. Open SETUP - GLOBAL on the console and select UPDATE FW in the lower left corner

4. Navigate to the directory where the firmware file is stored and install update

Alternative Update:

1. Download the new console firmware from the M32 product page at behringer.com onto the root directory of a FAT32 formatted USB thumb drive.

2. Plug the USB thumb drive into the top panel USB connector while the console is turned off.

3. Hold the USB View button pressed while switching the console on. While booting, the M32 will run a fully automatic firmware update, which will take 2-3 minutes longer than the regular boot sequence.

4. When no update file is available on the USB drive, or when it is corrupted, the update mode will remain active, preventing the M32 from booting regularly. Switch the console off and back on without holding the USB View button to boot the console with the existing firmware. Note: Behringer recommends to create a console backup before installing the update. This Backup can be restored in case of data loss during the firmware update.

Download via the software section: https://www.midasconsoles.com/midas/product?modelCode=P0B3I

read more...
    0 12,196
    • Midas
      GuillaumeDESBOI Hi there, I succeeded to update fw 4.04 from 4.03 on M32R but I had a failure message on the M32RLive. Tried a different usb key, and the 2 different ways to do it (from start and with console already on). I finally downgraded it to 4.03 to be able to use it. Any cue?
      • November 27, 2020
      • M32-Series Firmware Update Version 4.04 Now Available
        GuillaumeDESBOI Hi, finally a usb key problem, I tried again with the key I used on the M32R and it worked straight away!
        • November 27, 2020
  • New
    Midas
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-25

M32-Edit Update Version 4.2

The M32-Edit 4.2 update offers some functional improvements and new features. The highlight of this update is the implementation of DCA-Spill. This new function offers the possibility to unfold the assigned channels of a DCA on a new DCA-Spill fader layer.

The M32-Edit is a remote application enabling control of the M32-Series of digital mixing consoles via ethernet. It is available for Mac OS, Windows and Linux.

This new M32 Firmware version contains:

New Features

• DCA Spill

• GUI-Preference to switch off automatic DCA spill layer jump

• GUI-Preference ‘Bus botton names’ active by default

• GUI-Preference to show DCA spill always on top

• GUI-Preference to deactivate mouse wheel

• Add stereolink to DP48-Remote page • Add setup option to create custom boot scene

• Add SD-Recorder warning pop-up if only 10 & 1 min recording capacity left

Improvements

• Removed link option from Dual-Deesser

• Show source info on left side of all effect screen

• Changed inverted colors to match all console displays

• Improved text button ON/OFF state for M32-Edit

• Improved distinction between local and mixer data on show control pages

• Improved routing tap color distinction

Bugfixes

• Fix for snippet index offset after show import

• Fix for snippet paste issue (see above)

• Fix for wrong snippet checkboxes on USER In/Out options

• Fix for FX link A/B issue on scene load

• Fix for bad suboctaver range switch mouse support

• Fix for moodfilter tap function

• Fix for show control mismatch (highlighted row for active cue/scene/snippet)

• Fix for Copy/Pasting of dynamic settings for MTX/ST/M

• Fix for gate/dyn key solo: set active channel and page on console

• Fix for oversized app windows after restart under Windows 10 (if display scale active) Note: M32-Edit 4.2 requires M32 console firmware V4.00 or higher.

Download via the software section: https://www.midasconsoles.com/midas/product?modelCode=P0B3I

read more...
    0 10,551
  • New
    JoseMuoz
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-19

Hi! I bought a GoXLR almost a month ago and have been enjoying it so far. I tried out the sampler but can't seem to get it to record anything. The instructions were to just press and hold the button while talking. It does not seem to work. I tried restarting the app and reinstalling it.

Please let me know if ou have any ideas. Thank you.

read more...
    0 9,910
    • JoseMuoz
      PedroRodrigues Hi, Jose, there are usually 6 causes for the sampler to not record new samples so start with #1 and move on if your issue persists.
      1.) Restart the GOXLR app and GOXLR then try to record a sample again.
      2.) In the routing table of your GOXLR app, uncheck and then recheck mic in the samples row at the bottom then try to record a sample again.
      3.) Go into windows sound settings by searching "Change System Sounds" in your taskbar, go to the recording tab, right click on samples then click properties, navigate to the levels tab and make sure that the slider is at 100 and not muted, then try to record a sample again.
      4.) Disable or add exceptions to the GOXlR documents folder/GOXLR App to any 3rd party Anti-Virus like Avast, Malawarebytes, etc.... avast has been known to keep samples from being created so best to create the exception in others if you are running more than 1
      5.) Close your GOXLR app and keep it closed, navigate to your GOXLR samples folder (by default it is in your documents/GOXLR) if you have samples in that folder make sure to copy the folder somewhere safe, then delete it from the GOXLR folder, restart the GOXLR app and try to record a sample again.
      6.) Try another USB port and repeat.
      Please try all these steps and you will have the sample up and running in no time.
      Thank you
      • December 21, 2020
  • New
    Behringer
    Triber Moderator
    2020-11-25

X32-Series Firmware Update Version 4.04

The console 4.04 firmware update offers some functional improvements and new features. The highlight of this update is the implementation of DCA-Spill. This new function offers the possibility to use the SELECT-Button of a DCA to unfold the assigned channels to the left fader bank. This update also offers some improvements for the use with the X-Touch controller and some general bugfixes.

We recommend to periodically check for new updates, for the latest features and improvements. Our development team is eager to react to customer suggestions and to amaze you with improvements and new features. Visit behringer.com to download the latest firmware, install the update and enjoy the full potential of your X32.

This new X32 Firmware version contains:

New Features

• DCA-Spill (only for X32-Models with faders)

• Press SELECT on DCA to see associated channels (flashing SELECT on DCA)

• Hold SELECT on DCA to change DCA assignment (flashing SELECT on channels)

• Press DCA layer button to toggle between DCA-Spill pages

• Change left faderlayer or hold DCA layer button to disable DCA Spill (Active DCA-Spill is indicated by flashing DCA layer button)

Improvements

• Improved interoperability with X-Touch

• Gain/Trim issue on CH 1-8

• Issue with send pan indication when using ‘sendPanFollowsLR’

• Improved Copy/Pasting of dynamic settings for MTX/ST/M

Bug Fixes

• Prevent freeze when using Snippet-Utility

• Fixed send pan LED-Ring indication when using ‘sendPanFollowsLR’

• Hide folder names with non ASCII characters 

Update Process:

1. Download the new console firmware from the X32 product page onto any directory of a FAT32 formatted USB thumb drive

2. Plug the USB thumb drive into the top panel USB connector

3. Open SETUP - GLOBAL on the console and select UPDATE FW in the lower left corner

4. Navigate to the directory where the firmware file is stored and install update

Alternative Update:

1. Download the new console firmware from the X32 product page at behringer.com onto the root directory of a FAT32 formatted USB thumb drive.

2. Plug the USB thumb drive into the top panel USB connector while the console is turned off.

3. Hold the USB View button pressed while switching the console on. While booting, the X32 will run a fully automatic firmware update, which will take 2-3 minutes longer than the regular boot sequence.

4. When no update file is available on the USB drive, or when it is corrupted, the update mode will remain active, preventing the X32 from booting regularly. Switch the console off and back on without holding the USB View button to boot the console with the existing firmware. Note: Behringer recommends to create a console backup before installing the update. This Backup can be restored in case of data loss during the firmware update.

Download via the software section: https://www.behringer.com/behringer/product?modelCode=P0ASF

read more...
    0 7,306
  • New
    Hervshahn
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2020-12-29

Hi,

I want to download X32 Edit v3.2 for both Windows and Mac, but the download section does provide the latest release only which is v4.2. Are the older versions still available for download and where can these be found?

Thanks and best regards,

Georg

read more...
    0 4,753
  • JKing
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-21

Recently updated my goxlr driver, but now I can't hear any audio from my PC into my headphones, the interface works, both digitally and physically, I can hear my mic inside the goxlr, but any videos, music programs, etc I can't hear in my headphones. What can I do to fix this?

read more...
    0 4,150
    • JKing
      AlexLane I suspect you just need to select the GoXLR as the active audio device, click on the sound icon in system tray, click on the text above the volume slider and select it.
      • July 22, 2020
  • New
    BobSherwood
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-03-19

I was successfully using my X32 with the firmware version 4.04. Then I noticed a few days ago, that there was an update to that in the form of version 4.06. 

I updated the the firmware to that latest one. A problem arised. The audio out of my system was sounding aweful. 

I was hearing hissing and crackling, like an old 45 record. No matter what I tried, it was constant. I thought something must be going on with the hardware or the speakers in general. I went online to find what I could about possibilities for the issue. 

I was wondering is maybe it was the keyboard, or the Waves Soundgrid server, or the X32, or maybe the monitor speakers were going bad.

I had found information about the M-Audio BX5 series doing this same thing and some components could go bad inside. Then the next thing I did was to browse for new speakers. As it turned out, the monitor speakers are fine. I tried hooking up my old Behringer Truth B1030A monitors to see if there would be any change, but the sound came through them in the same fashion. 

Then I looked to find issues with the X32 for my next step. I had to dig deep in the internet to find anything at all about similar issues with this mixer and I did. There are some who experienced this problem in firmware version 4.02. They were given suggestions to roll back firmware updates, possibly back to 3.11 or so. I thought I might be on to something with the newest version.

I rolled back the firmware to 3.11 to start with and rebooted. Then, to version 4.02. I tried the system out. low and behold, I don't have the issue now, thus far. I'm afraid to re-update to the 4.06 firmware version now, thinking that it might do that all over again.

So as of right now, I'm leaving it at version 4.02 till I get some kind of resolve from this. 

read more...
    0 4,034
    • BobSherwood
      Dale_M Hi there, we have not heard of any reports of this from any other users on 4.06 although I am happy to report this to the Design team if you could send the feed/post of users on 4.02 having this issue? It may be worth doing a fresh download of the 4.06 software on another USB key in case it has become corrupted. I hope this helps.
      • March 21, 2021
    • BobSherwood
      jdougross Have had the same issue! Moving back to 4.0 solved the issue - 4.04 did not do it for me. Too bad I lose DCA spill... Even on 4.06, the crackling wouldn't happen when signal came from a multitrack recording (Tracks Live) into Mulitrack Soundgrid (Impact Server). The crackling only came from signal in the AES50 or Local --> Multirack Soundgrid --> WSG (but the AES50 signal was clean, it's just the return-into-the-WSG).
      • September 3, 2021
    • BobSherwood
      Paul_Vannatto Hey jdougross, have you contacted Waves to see if they have updated soundgrid drivers? I used my X32 Rack with an SD18 last Sunday for an outdoor concert using firmware 4.06 and had no issues at all (got many compliments about the sound).
      • September 3, 2021
  • joscarrol
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-22

Hi! I just purchased a Behringer X32 Rack as a monitor mixer for our band. We are lots of musicians, so I was hoping we could use all XLR ouputs as well as the Aux Out outputs to have a custom mix for every one of us.

The documentation says that all 6 Aux Outs on the X32 rack are balanced TRS connections. However, when I plug some headphones (TRS connector) to any of this Aux Outs I would get sound ONLY ON THE LEFT EAR. Does that mean that this Aux Outs are not really balanced? If they really were balanced I would get sound on both ears, like I do when using the XLR Outs. What's going on here?

Thanks for your help!

View Attachment
    read more...
    0 4,002
    • joscarrol
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Jose, you are mixing up balanced TRS configuration with stereo TRS configuration. The X32 Aux Out jacks are indeed balanced mono outputs (tip=hot+, ring=hot-, sleeve=shield). Headphones require stereo outputs (tip=left, ring=right, sleeve=shield). You will need to use a headphone amp (eg. Behringer P1) that receives 2 balanced inputs and converts it to stereo headphone output.
      • September 22, 2020
      • X32/M32 Aux Outs. Not balanced?!?!
        RexBeckett The question about the effect of anti-phase signals in headphones has come up before. I setup a system where I could switch the phase of one ear to hear the difference. It was very noticable. You may have got used to the sound but, to me, it is strange and lacks a sense of position.

Even if the sound is loud enough when driving headphones directly from the XLR outputs, IMO it is not a good thing to do. The XLR outputs are designed to drive loads >= 600 Ohms. If the load is a lower impedance than this, there is a chance that the output drivers could degrade in time due to excessive current and heat. YMMV but I find that the PowerPlay P2 gives a much better sound and the local volume control is very handy.
        • September 22, 2020
  • New
    Svine001
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-26

Hi I just got the mac mini x32 with the m1 chip. Im running logic pro with the x32 as audio interface and getting audio drop outs on very simple audio tracks. Any ideas where to start to resolve?

1 3,980
    • Svine001
      Nigel67 Hi Sean, please let me go and talk to the design team, and I will get back to you.
      • November 25, 2020
      • Mac M1 chip and x32
        Nigel67 Hi Sean, I have just been reminded by the design team, that our mixers are class compliant and do not need drivers under MAC OS. Audio issues with M1 are purely Apples domain or DAW related. Unfortunately there is nothing that we can do.
        • ·
        • November 25, 2020
    • Svine001
      DaveMorrison Check your IO Buffer size. The USB interface on the X32 isn't stable with low buffer sizes. I can't remember if 64 or 128 is as low as you can go. I always use 1024 in Logic so I can run big projects.
      • November 25, 2020
    • Svine001
      Svine001 I just updated to the recent firmware 4.4 from 4.2 and have not seen an instance of drop outs even running some huge projects with 32 buffer size so fingers crossed!! thanks for replys the m1 is very nice I'm hoping more programs get updated soon:)
      • November 25, 2020
      • Mac M1 chip and x32
        Nigel67 Hi Sean, many thanks for the feedback which is great news. When you upgraded the X32 to 4.04, do you know if there was any upgrade to Logic Pro at the same time? Were you running the EDIT software on the MAC mini as well? Manythanks
        • November 26, 2020
    • Svine001
      redpola

I’m just checking in to see how it’s going. I’m about to buy an M1 Mac and am worried I will have problems. How is it working out for you?

• April 19, 2021
Go to page