Statistics

254,240 members
131,906 posts
  • CHAMPSOUND
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-11
    1. Fader scroll up and down automatically without touching. 2. The screen changes itself without touching it. 3. When i press the setup button the device will 4. Sometime i push the screen but nothing happened My mixer the last version firmware 1.07
    read more...
    0 2,023
    • CHAMPSOUND
      GaryHiggins Sounds like "Ghost Screen" issue. You should setup a CARE ticket (use Support up top) to get it replaced.
      • July 11, 2020
      • The Touch screen of Behringer Wing Have a problem
        CHAMPSOUND Thank you for a suggestion
        • July 11, 2020
    • CHAMPSOUND
      lenfinalt Having the same issue...
      • September 10, 2020
        GaryHiggins You can verify by doing the test. Hold down Home and Meters keys and power on. A test will start, run it for an hour without touching it. You should get no events. I got over 100...mine needs repair.
        • September 10, 2020
        lenfinalt Thank you. Mine got several, too... Explains the issues. Even sources got muted from the channel home page during live events...
        • September 11, 2020
        MikeDrennan Gary, unfortunately this appears to be a fairly big problem for Behringer. I can confirm that my screen also suffers from ghost touches and it’s getting worse.
        • October 2, 2020
        mikedones Gary, last night while recording tracks for the "virtual" Christmas event , the screen kept jumping to shut off and flashing back and forth from home to set up page (random blinks) But once I restarted it it went away and work well for another 2 hours. Is this the same thing Ghost screen?
        • December 8, 2020
    • CHAMPSOUND
      silasrose I've got the same issue, screen jumps about and all the side button are unresponsive and channels random muting. Great ! 3 weeks old......
      • Jan 26
        GaryHiggins Unfortunate common issue. Mine was fixed and now is fine, took around 3 weeks to be fixed and get back. I'm hearing it is way quicker in some areas however I would plan for the long haul and hopefully get a nice surprise. Create a care ticket from Support up top here. Take a screenshot of your touchscreen test results to send in with it. You might ask your dealer to replace it (some will no problem) however a new mixer could also have the same issue.Some dealers will pre test the replacement to make sure it's ok. Good luck. Hope you get relief. It's not a fun thing for sure but it will get fixed.
        • Jan 26
  • bbaker0002
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-06-24
    So.... I updated my X32 to firmware version 4.02 and have the current version of X32 Edit, (3.2) on my Windows 10 PC, and now when I try to connect, I get an error message; "Incompatible Mixer Firmware" "Please update to latest version" Any thoughts???
    read more...
    0 1,599
    • bbaker0002
      DaveMorrison You will need X32-Edit v4.1. Unfortunately the web site is all messed up. As of this posting, you can download it from the the X32 COMPACT-TP section. You can download it from any X32 (or even M32) models. Not all models of the mixer are showing the latest versions.
      • June 23, 2020
      • X32 Edit
        bbaker0002 Thank you Dave. That did it.
        • June 23, 2020
  • New
    Svine001
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-26

Hi I just got the mac mini x32 with the m1 chip. Im running logic pro with the x32 as audio interface and getting audio drop outs on very simple audio tracks. Any ideas where to start to resolve?

1 1,515
    • Svine001
      Nigel67 Hi Sean, please let me go and talk to the design team, and I will get back to you.
      • November 25, 2020
      • Mac M1 chip and x32
        Nigel67 Hi Sean, I have just been reminded by the design team, that our mixers are class compliant and do not need drivers under MAC OS. Audio issues with M1 are purely Apples domain or DAW related. Unfortunately there is nothing that we can do.
        • ·
        • November 25, 2020
    • Svine001
      DaveMorrison Check your IO Buffer size. The USB interface on the X32 isn't stable with low buffer sizes. I can't remember if 64 or 128 is as low as you can go. I always use 1024 in Logic so I can run big projects.
      • November 25, 2020
    • Svine001
      Svine001 I just updated to the recent firmware 4.4 from 4.2 and have not seen an instance of drop outs even running some huge projects with 32 buffer size so fingers crossed!! thanks for replys the m1 is very nice I'm hoping more programs get updated soon:)
      • November 25, 2020
      • Mac M1 chip and x32
        Nigel67 Hi Sean, many thanks for the feedback which is great news. When you upgraded the X32 to 4.04, do you know if there was any upgrade to Logic Pro at the same time? Were you running the EDIT software on the MAC mini as well? Manythanks
        • November 26, 2020
    • Svine001
      redpola

I’m just checking in to see how it’s going. I’m about to buy an M1 Mac and am worried I will have problems. How is it working out for you?

• Apr 19
  • New
    Hervshahn
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2020-12-29

Hi,

I want to download X32 Edit v3.2 for both Windows and Mac, but the download section does provide the latest release only which is v4.2. Are the older versions still available for download and where can these be found?

Thanks and best regards,

Georg

read more...
    0 1,368
  • bobcatchuck
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-21

I want to update the X32 Firmware but I am afraid I will loose all settings on the board. Can anyone confirm if I will loose everything or not? Also if so how do I back up the board and reload the backup? It says to backup the board before updating the firmware but I cant find how to back it up.

read more...
    0 1,339
    • bobcatchuck
      Paul_Vannatto The best way to backup the X32 (prior to firmware 4.x) is to export your show to a show package (on USB stick). Then go to the Setup section and make note of your settings on the global, config and network screens.
      • July 21, 2020
    • bobcatchuck
      DavidKnighton Hello bobcatchuck. If you're upgrading to version 4 firmware from version 3 or version 2, then you will most likely purge your current settings. There are many changes to the operating system, most notably in the ROUTING section. You should always have a backup of your show files and scenes, regardless of whether you're updating the firmware.
      • July 23, 2020
    • bobcatchuck
      Mihai Sd card inside on the console is full and is blocked.
      I try to upgrade firmware On x32 from 4.00 to 4.02 and ghe sdcard bootloader 120 Mb is full and blocked all the console.
      • August 27, 2020
      • X32 Firmware Update
        Mihai What can I do ?
        • August 27, 2020
  • joscarrol
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-22

Hi! I just purchased a Behringer X32 Rack as a monitor mixer for our band. We are lots of musicians, so I was hoping we could use all XLR ouputs as well as the Aux Out outputs to have a custom mix for every one of us.

The documentation says that all 6 Aux Outs on the X32 rack are balanced TRS connections. However, when I plug some headphones (TRS connector) to any of this Aux Outs I would get sound ONLY ON THE LEFT EAR. Does that mean that this Aux Outs are not really balanced? If they really were balanced I would get sound on both ears, like I do when using the XLR Outs. What's going on here?

Thanks for your help!

View Attachment
    read more...
    0 1,273
    • joscarrol
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Jose, you are mixing up balanced TRS configuration with stereo TRS configuration. The X32 Aux Out jacks are indeed balanced mono outputs (tip=hot+, ring=hot-, sleeve=shield). Headphones require stereo outputs (tip=left, ring=right, sleeve=shield). You will need to use a headphone amp (eg. Behringer P1) that receives 2 balanced inputs and converts it to stereo headphone output.
      • September 22, 2020
      • X32/M32 Aux Outs. Not balanced?!?!
        RexBeckett The question about the effect of anti-phase signals in headphones has come up before. I setup a system where I could switch the phase of one ear to hear the difference. It was very noticable. You may have got used to the sound but, to me, it is strange and lacks a sense of position.

Even if the sound is loud enough when driving headphones directly from the XLR outputs, IMO it is not a good thing to do. The XLR outputs are designed to drive loads >= 600 Ohms. If the load is a lower impedance than this, there is a chance that the output drivers could degrade in time due to excessive current and heat. YMMV but I find that the PowerPlay P2 gives a much better sound and the local volume control is very handy.
        • September 22, 2020
  • Chungmen
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-02

Hi everybody,

I am using a Behringer XR18 for our band. I connected a headphone to the headphone output connector. Every channel is heard. I use X AIR Edit on a Windows 10 pc and also on a iPad Air 2. Everything works fine. We also used the XR18 in a live performance.

The only thing that does not seem to work is: pushing on the solo button (per channel) to listen only to that channel. The meters on the mon/solo bus are moving and still every channel is heard on the headphone. It doesn't matter which channel or bus configuration I choose (PFL of AFL).

After 'initialize mixer' on ipad to go back to factory setting, solo listening is working. But then I loose al my setting.

What do I wrong?

Firware 1.17 / X AIR Edit v1.5

read more...
    0 879
    • Chungmen
      RexBeckett Using XAir Edit, open the In/Out -> Main Out tab. Check that Monitor is selected as the source for Phones. This is the default and how it will be set after initialization. Your scene may have it set to Main LR.
      • October 2, 2020
      • Solobus on XR18 does work, but listen to 1 channel with the solo button does not.
        Chungmen That could be it. I will try it tomorrow. Thanks for your response.
        • October 2, 2020
      • Solobus on XR18 does work, but listen to 1 channel with the solo button does not.
        Chungmen Hi Rex, it works. The solution was simple. Great such a fast response. Many thanks.
        • ·
        • October 2, 2020
  • Jlevine
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-08
    Hey guys, Recently bought a wing and am trying to save some time by recording multitrack to an SD card only to load into logic later for editing. The problem I’m finding is trying to send a stereo channel to wplay live. When I send a stereo channel to a wplay channel is it still stereo??? Or does it turn to mono? Also is there a way to mass select “alt” inputs so I can playback through the mains easier?
    read more...
    0 804
    • Jlevine
      GaryHiggins To mass select, use setup/audio hit alt or main (input ch's need to all be set for auto for it to work). I believe the stereo status remains but i have not yet (on a Wing anyway) tried to record from the sd to my daw.
      • July 8, 2020
    • Jlevine
      WITELITE Gary is as always correct.Just send the 2 Wplay Channels to an alt input. (I generally use the Alt Aux inputs for this. And as long as you send the Card channels back to the corresponding inputs you have recorded and have the Alt set to Auto, you can easily run the multitrack back through your board. - MM
      • July 8, 2020
  • New
    mletalien
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-25

Hello,

I apologize for the potentially ignorant question, but here goes: for live shows, we run the bass and kick through the sub via Aux 6 output exclusively. That aux output is controlled by the M/C channel (not sure if I am wording this correctly, hopefully my description makes sense). Anyway, I want to know if there is a way to be able to send (in my case) the bass and kick through the sub via aux 6/M/C channel AND the mains LR but be able to control the output seperately (ie if I increase output for the signal to the sub, it won't affect the amount going through the mains). Thanks in advance! 

read more...
    0 700
    • mletalien
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Mark, yes you can control the levels of the channel to the Main LR and M/C separately. The screen you are showing provides the means how to do it. The encoder 1 adjusts the level to the Main LR and encoder 2 adjust the level to the M/C.
      • November 25, 2020
      • Separating output of center M/C channel and main LR in the X32 Compact
        mletalien Hi Paul, hope all is well and thanks for reaching out with the comment, appreciated. A question (or two): Isn't encoder one just for panning L and R? Also, it seems to me that when controlling the fader through encoder 6, if you have the 'Sub' selected (encoder 2), that will affect the level of the sub. I can see ( I believe that you can accomplish what is necessary through this panel, but it seems like I am probably not seperating the two (mains vs M/C in the most effective manner....if that makes any sense. Thanks for your help!
        • November 25, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto Oops. Encoder 2 adjust the send to the M/C (sub) and encoder 6 adjusts the send to LR. I had to go to my X32 Rack and have a look at the display. Typically I do everything (including troubleshooting here) using X32-Edit (which sometimes is different). Those 2 adjustments are independent.

There is a better and easier way to adjust channel sends to the mono (M/C) bus and that is by using the Sends On Fader (SOF). If I remember correctly SOF is available on the full X32 (and Compact and Producer, not on the Rack). Select the Mono master fader (4th layer on right bank of faders), then press the SOF (in between fader banks). The left bank of faders will now adjust the sends to that bus. Using X32-Edit, simply select the Mono bus and the channel faders become the sends to that bus.

If you want to have the Main LR fader to control the Mono (M/C) master fader, select the "M/C depends on Main LR" on Setup, config screen.

:Edit: Again I goofed. The two levels are independent. But the channel send tap to the mono (M/C) is post fader (and can't be changed). If you require prefader tap, you will need to use one of the other mixbuses.
        • ·
        • November 25, 2020
        mletalien Thanks Paul, I appreciate it!!
        • November 25, 2020
  • SpirosPatras
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-10-02

Hello everybody. This is Spyros Patras from Athens - Greece.

I have a problem in my XR18 Behringer digital mixer. The problem is that: Most of time i have no sound in the left main channel. Other times i have a very low signal in the left (The right is in 100% and the left in the 15%).

I opened the mixer to find any problem i can see with my eyes (some friend who had the same problem told me that he opened the mixer and put again a cable tape in it's place and it was okay again) but with no luck.

I am working with the left main channel taken from the AUX6 until today but i want to find a solution because i need all my 6 Auxilliary buses again. I tried everything from the X-air edit application such as routing etc.

Do you have any opinion about this ?

Thank you for your time.

Spyros

read more...
    0 695
    • SpirosPatras
      Paul_Vannatto In the photo provided, there is nothing connected to the Main L output. So if you are having issues with Main L, you are using something else, making it a routing issue. Please use X-Air Edit (Windows, Mac, linux or Raspberry Pi) to export your scene to a file, save it in the cloud (eg. Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.) and post a shareable link. That way we can have a look and better advise.
      • October 2, 2020
    • SpirosPatras
      RichardMcBrayer

There seems to be a New Japan Radio Corporation NJM4580 Dual Op Amp driving the main output. I would dare say that is probably the problem. Not easy to get to, so you would need someone pretty experienced to work on it. I would send back to Behringer. The part is less than $1 US.

• Jul 7
Go to page