Statistics

290,109 members
172,703 posts
  • New
    LuukvanKuipers
    Contributor - Level 3
    2021-11-02
    I expected that if I route the inputs from my SD16 to local 1-8/9-16 all channel settings previously set under 17-24/25-32 would move with it.
    But channel name, sends, pan and linked channels don't move with it, but gain settings do.
    Routing the SD16 back to 17-24/25-32 all channel gain settings are lost.

Is there an explicable reason for that?

read more...
    0 17
    • LuukvanKuipers
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Luuk, changing the input banks (of 8) from one bank to another (eg. from AES50 A1-8 to Local 1-8) has no affect on the channel strips settings. The only thing it will change is the what the respective channel source index is referencing. For example if channel 3 is assigned to the 3rd source (in the drop down list) and the Routing, Inputs changes from AES50 A1-8 to Local 1-8, channel 3 will have it's source change from AES50 3 to Local 3.

The gains (and phantom) are part of the actual preamps (located at the respective XLR inputs). So changing from AES50 A1-8 to Local 1-8, the gains (and phantom) will not be transferred. If you do need to copy from one bank of 8 gains/phantoms to another, both X32 Scene Parser and X32 Live Toolbox have tools to do that.
      • November 2, 2021
    • LuukvanKuipers
      LuukvanKuipers Hi Paul, That's a pity but is what it is. One small remark, the gain setting was the only setting that was moving with it.
      • November 3, 2021
  • New
    wirtszelle
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-06

Is one on the way?

0 17
  • New
    pilgrims1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-18

Could I say my wish for WING console??
    ^^
    Always I said, WING is already great console.
    One my wish is here.
    How about changeable INSERT POINT of Main and MTX like input channels ?
    I want to hear purely input signal of Output Main1(2,3,4),
    but at this time, it couldn't.
    Only can pickup from after INSERT1.

read more...
    0 17
    • pilgrims1
      PedroRodrigues Hi pilgrims1, thank you for your post, I will forward your feature request to the appropriated Team. Thank you
      • May 18
    • pilgrims1
      elcholo5 hello! i just buy 2 wings and 3 sd16 and i cant make it work together as 1 on foh and the another in monitor how can i do to make it work?
      • Jun 3
      • [WING] Feature Request// changeable INSERT TAP point
        KevinMaxwell First I don't think it is a good idea to ask a question that is unrelated in some one else's thread, you should start your own thread.

What have you tried already that didn't work?
        • ·
        • Jun 4
  • New
    filter55
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-03-08

Is the bluetooth audio just a receiver or is it possible to send a signal to a bluetooth headphone?

Thanks

0 17
  • New
    rmk24655
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-02-17

I need to learn about and understand more about the board -- particularly on setting outputs and getting output to the Aux 1 and Aux2 outputs.

I am failing at finding any assistance on how to proceed. I've watched some YouTube videos; but can't find anything to address how to do some of the things I need to do.

I am totally a beginner, and need some direction. Thanks in advance.  Any training or videos available?

read more...
    0 17
    • rmk24655
      Paul_Vannatto Drew Brashler makes excellent YouTube tutorials. What exactly do you want assigned to the Aux 1 and Aux 2 jacks on the back of the Producer? This is done on the Routing, Aux screen.
      • Feb 17
    • rmk24655
      rmk24655

• Feb 17
    • rmk24655
      rmk24655

I will check it out. As I understand things, we have duplicated our 7 Out and 8 Out to go out on Aux 1 and Aux 2. These go to a converter and then into our computer livestream. Suddenly we have nothing coming out on our Aux 2 out.

• Feb 17
    • rmk24655
      Paul_Vannatto Why do you have to duplicate your 7 Out and 8 Out? What is it you want to assign to the Aux 1 & 2 - the Main LR, a bus pair?
      • Feb 17
  • New
    DanielThompson
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-10-18

If, on the Card Tab, I map the Local 1-8 to the USB card, is that sending the raw XLR Inputs 1-8 to the USB? Or is it sending the outputs of Input Channels 1-8, and if so is it post fader, or post EQ? Also, why are inputs 17-24 not assignable to the Card Output?

read more...
    0 17
    • DanielThompson
      Paul_Vannatto Assigning Local to the Card screen assigns signals directly after the physical XLR input preamps.

Regarding your second question ("why are inputs 17-24 not assignable to the Card Output?"), are you by chance trying to setup routing using the iPad app? If so don't. That app is designed as a mixing app and is not the best for doing complex routing and setup. I always use the X32-Edit app (for Mac, Windows, linux or Raspberry Pi) to do any setup (routing, etc.).
      • October 18, 2021
      • X32 Card Output - so confusing
        DanielThompson RIght, not using an iPad app.

So if we assign the inputs to the card that way we're bypassing the input channels (faders) correct? Which would explain why, when we muted the input channels we still got signal through the card. There are too many things called "input", it gets confusing.

So, I guess we cannot use 17-24 to the card then. Our original plan was to have the physical XLR inputs assigned to input channels 17-24 and 1-8, Then we were going to assign inputs 17-24 to the card and 1-8 to the main LR out, giving us one set of faders to the mains and one set to the card. We had to flip that around and put 17-24 to the mains now and 1-8 go to the card because the card won't take 17-24. But if you're saying the input channel is bypassed going to the card then it doesn't matter.
        • October 18, 2021
    • DanielThompson
      Paul_Vannatto I would suggest that in your thinking, from a routing perspective, separate physical inputs (Local, AES50, Card) from channel strip processing. If you want the physical inputs to go to the card outputs, then select the Local, AES50, etc). If you want channel strip processing to go to the card outputs, then you have to use one of the staging (patching) screens (Out 1-16, Aux Out, Ultranet) to assign the DirOut Ch and change the taps (eg. pre EQ, post EQ, etc.) as desired. Then assign that bank of 8 to the card outputs.

I'm not sure why you are saying you "cannot use 17-24 to the card" - 17-24 what?
      • October 18, 2021
    • DanielThompson
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Daniel, unfortunately you replied to the notification, rather than the main thread, which sends the the reply to a parallel universe. I sent you a PM (personal message - mail icon top right corner).
      • October 19, 2021
  • New
    Mike7300
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-29

All - I have been using a behringer x32 rack with my main band.  I have a side band that uses 5 inputs (two vocal mic, guitar, and keys) and looking to get a separate mixer (6 or 8 channel) to use with them for gigs since my other mixer is combined with other equipment into a large rack cabinet and doesn't make sense to take the entire thing.  So want to get something that's more easily portable.  Any suggestions?

read more...
    0 17
    • Mike7300
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Mike, I use either the XR18 or MR18 (have both) for smaller bands.
      • September 29, 2021
    • Mike7300
      Mike7300

Anything with less inputs you recommend? That many inputs would be overkill for this band and also just trying to save money.

• September 29, 2021
    • Mike7300
      Paul_Vannatto There is the XR16 and XR12 (I have an MR12). Those have 8 XLR/8 TRS or 4 XLR/8 TRS inputs respectively. The limitation of the 2 Aux outputs of the XR12 has been an issue for me, since I use Aux fed subs which takes up one Aux output. Also both XR16 and XR12 has a stereo USB player/recorder (to USB stick) instead of the 18x18 multi-track USB interface of the XR18.
      • September 29, 2021
    • Mike7300
      Mike7300

Got it, I won’t use subs so no issue there for me, with the XRL 12 if I want monitors I would have to use those couple aux channels correct? And there’s no XLR outs besides the mains…:so I think XR16 will be better for me.

• September 29, 2021
    • Mike7300
      GaryHiggins Flow8?
      • September 30, 2021
  • New
    Mike7300
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-09

Hi - I'm looking to get reverb on the mics for my band for a gig I have this coming weekend.  Not very experienced with fx for vocals would anyone have a recommendation for which reverb to use and what settings to put it on?

my lead vocalist has a great voice so I don't want to drown her in too much reverb but definitely need some. Any suggestions would be helpful!

read more...
    0 16
  • New
    tevro
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-03-12

Newcomer here - hope someone can help.

My setup:  I have an Android connected into the soundboard as directed, a Shure wireless mic into the first channel using an xlr, and digital speakers for the output. I've followed the helpful steps Rex outlined in a previous post and can get my mix into my Surface Pro 7, (finally!! what a breakthrough! I know this because I tried filming a little test video), but I can only do that if I use Spotify on the computer (not from my Android) and when I do that for some reason I can't HEAR the mix of my voice/music over the speakers to know how the mix is coming across when I livestream or record.  

When I use my Android as the music source, I can hear the mix of music/voice just fine over the speakers and hence control the balance of the mix, however, I can't get the mix to go into the computer to be able to livestream or record - I have to choose either the mic or the music.

Any suggestions how to somehow get music and voice through computer and speakers so that I can both record/stream and hear at the same time would be super helpful.

read more...
    0 16
    • tevro
      Dale_M This the way the mixer is designed and an explanation can be found here: https://youtu.be/1Bp9luuOQZY given the limitation of these smaller mixers the workaround would be to send audio from another device's headphone/line out (such as a phone/tablet/PC) and send this IN to the Xenyx on 2 of the available channels -a cable such as a 3.5mm stereo jack to 2x 1/4" jacks would work best.
      • Apr 8
  • New
    larryannarelli
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-10

I just bought a new iPad Pro (11 inch) running iOS 14.7.1.  The xr18 is set to Access Point.  When I open the xair app I do not see the icon to select my xr18.   Does anyone have experience in this area?   One of my band mates has an older iPad and it connects just fine.  Is there a setting on my iPad that is causing this issue?

read more...
    0 16
Go to page