Statistics

306,234 members
190,603 posts
  • New
    binghamfox
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-10

HI

Got an issue with X18 (purchased recently) where Bus1 used for in ear monitoring output is only sending left panned signal.

Yet all settings for channels and Bus 1 appear to be panned centrally ?

0 23
    • binghamfox
      john0121 Hi, can you fill out the tech support form via the support button at the top of the page and attach a copy of your scene file with it. We can take a look then what the problem is. Thanks
      • September 10, 2021
      • X18 XAir - Bus output is panned left,
        binghamfox where do i find the scene file ? its on an android tablet
        • September 10, 2021
        binghamfox no worries - found it !
        • September 10, 2021
        binghamfox raised ticket CAS-486054-D6V2V0
        • September 10, 2021
    • binghamfox
      Paul_Vannatto Select the bus 1 master fader and adjust the pan from hard left to center. Also check to make sure it is not stereo linked to bus 2.
      • September 10, 2021
  • New
    RichardLussier
    Contributor - Level 2
    2022-05-04

Hi,

As I understand, the stereo inputs 5/6 -7/8 have different impedance characteristics on left (5-7, 10Kohm) and right (6-8, 1Mohm).
    How can this not affect the balance between the two chanels (L-R) with a stereo source ?

Thank you

Richard

read more...
    0 23
  • New
    maciekczapnik
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-05

Hello. Will there be an independent pan option (other in monitor and main) in the Flow8?
    Is it possible to do this at the moment?

1 22
  • New
    Londonjr
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-11-10

I am trying to figure out what the top line on the uploaded photo represents and how it affescts my streamed audio?

0 22
    • Londonjr
      Paul_Vannatto Top line "X32-EDIT [X32-00-2C-BD, IP: 192.169.5.20]" simply shows that the X32-Edit has successfully connected to the X32 console. The first part ("X32-EDIT") is the name of the app. The center part is the console name ("X32-00-2C-BD") and the last part is the IP address ("192.169.5.20").
      • Nov 10
    • Londonjr
      CraigFowler Paul is of course correct. If you were referring to the top line of the selected channel (Choir 2,) the top line (+29) refers to the amount of gain applied by the preamp. The orange line below that is a visual representation of how high it's set vs how high it can go (+60.) Chances are you're tapping a signal post-preamp for your streaming, so any changes you make to the preamp gain will affect the level hitting your stream.
      • Nov 10
  • New
    larryannarelli
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-10

I just bought a new iPad Pro (11 inch) running iOS 14.7.1.  The xr18 is set to Access Point.  When I open the xair app I do not see the icon to select my xr18.   Does anyone have experience in this area?   One of my band mates has an older iPad and it connects just fine.  Is there a setting on my iPad that is causing this issue?

read more...
    0 22
  • New
    jburton2
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-15

Hello,

One of my channels on an x32 Rack is metering correctly, but no sound is coming out of the mains.

All settings for that channel appear to be correct, and routing is as it should be.

Any help greatly appreciated!!

Jim

read more...
    0 22
    • jburton2
      Paul_Vannatto On the channel's Main screen, check that the LR is enabled. Also check for a DCA assignment to that channel. If so, check that the DCA is not muted or its fader is all the way down.
      • September 15, 2021
    • jburton2
      Nigel67 Hi jburton2. If trying what Paul has suggested doesn't work, try a factory reset. Make sure that you have backed up any show / preset files, etc to USB before hand. This will at least give you a default position to start with no effects, DCA's assigned, etc. Don't load a show in, just input a signal and send to the main outputs. If you are still not having any joy, then I would suggest filling in a Technical Support Ticket and we will be able to help you further, probably will require a repair if the factory reset doesn't work. This can be done by clicking on the support tab at the top of the page. A new window will open. Scroll down and click on the Technical Support tab and submit a ticket.
      • September 15, 2021
  • New
    MichaelMcGaha
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-03

I've started having an issue where every so often (anywhere from a few minutes to over an hour between incidents) the audio will sound like someone cuts in a highpass filter for a couple of seconds. At first I thought my crossover was failing, so I bypassed it and it continued. Then I ruled out my amps. It still happened. Then I was working on some stuff with my headphones on and the rest of the sound system off. It did it coming out of the headphone out.

At this point I grabbed the backup X18 that has less than 30 minutes runtime on it. It does the exact same thing. Now I know it's in the computer. So I re-installed all of the drivers and software. No change, it still does it. If anything, it does it worse. So I think maybe it's a buffering issue. Now I'm running this on a Dell Precision 7740 i9-9880H with 32G of RAM and running 2 nvme 1TB drives, so this machine can handle the load. I normally leave the buffer at 64 samples with safe mode turned off and never had an issue. I've taken it all the way up to 1024 alternating between safe mode on and off. I can't detect that it's making any change. Just listening to youtube videos while I type this it's done it twice.

I don't know what else to try.

Any ideas? I searched for everything I could think of, but couldn't find anything similar. Sorry if I've missed something stupid.

read more...
    0 22
    • MichaelMcGaha
      DavidKnighton Hello Michael McGaha,
      Are your inputs coming mostly from the computer or do you use the analog inputs on the mixer as well? What I would suggest is to test the unit solely with analog input and check that every input is acting normally. Just plug some playback music into 1 channel at a time and monitor the issue. May take some time to do this accurately. Then go back and check inputs coming from computer. Again, send the same track through 1 input at a time. Could be that your tracks were recorded with the anomaly and they are permanently affected. Also, and this sounds silly, ensure that no one else has access to the unit control app. Someone could be going in there and altering settings without your knowledge, so it's best to rule that out right away. If you haven't done so, put a password on the WiFi access point.
      • December 4, 2020
      • Behringer X18: strange audio issue
        MichaelMcGaha I already have a password on the access point and everything goes through the computer. I decided to go ahead and reboot between each buffer setting change and started increasing the buffer. at 256 samples and safe mode I went three hours with no incident. I haven't had time to start checking it again today, but we'll be doing some recording tonight and I'll know if that was the issue then. I've also pulled out my Alienware 17R4. If it happens again I'm going to swap the laptop out and see if it does it on the Alienware.
        • December 4, 2020
      • Behringer X18: strange audio issue
        MichaelMcGaha Thanks for the help. I don't think it's going to be machine related since it's happening on both mixers.
        • December 4, 2020
  • New
    jplumey
    Contributor - Level 3
    2022-02-10

Hi,

This morning we noticed during a live event that adjusting on our X32 that our faders for channels (sends on faders off) that the levels were not changing the output levels on L/R, and then we noticed that muting mix1 and mix2 would mute would also mute what was going to the main L/R, which is supposed to be outputs 15 and 16. I can't see anything wrong in the routing. 

I've attached the scene file. This system is maintained by some middle school A/V students so it's possible they messed something u when configuring mix 1 and mix 2, which we want to go out via USB to our live stream system. That seems to work. 

I've opened a ticket with Behringer (I wish I could CALL someone during these times), and also sent them the scene file. I'd appreciate if one of you wizards can take a look and see what's wrong with our configuration.

View Attachment
    read more...
    0 22
    • jplumey
      Paul_Vannatto Hi jplumey, I had a look at your scene and the only thing I can see is if you are expecting 15/16 to be Main LR on the stagebox connected to the AES50 B port, that is not what you are getting. Have a look at the Routing, AES50 screen. The second bank of the AES50 B port is assigned Out 1-8. Therefore output of the stagebox 15/16 is actually mixbuses 7/8. Other than that, I see no issues (parallel signal paths, etc.).
      • Feb 10
    • jplumey
      jplumey

Hi Paul. We configured AES50 A as outputs 9-16 since that stage box sits next to the inputs to our main speakers. AES50 B has outputs 1-8.

• Feb 10
    • jplumey
      Paul_Vannatto Have they accidentally switched the AES50 cables on the back of the console, by chance?
      • Feb 11
  • New
    mrkell80920
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-03-04

By now, I am sure the answer to this is yes, but I have not figured it out yet.
    My board has latest firmware, (4.06 at this time), I have the latest version of xEdit for the PC.

I have installed the USB drivers for the x32 on the pc,   set up my network connect, and can manage
    the board via that internet interface.

What I would like to do, is take an audio project that has seperate tracks, and push that audio to
    various channels on the board as if it were a live session.    so I can work on EQ settings, mixing, effects, etc.
    without having to do it live (or in a band practice session).   I am trying to use BandLabs Cakewalk, 
    and not having much luck...

Anybody know what I might be overlooking here?

Also, if I open up the USB driver window, that window shows no devices connected.   And I have tried
    multiple (both new and used) usb cables between the pc and the xUSB card in the back of the board.

Thanks peeps

read more...
    0 22
    • mrkell80920
      PedroRodrigues Hi mrkell80920, thank you for your post, to be possible to assist you with more tools and provide the info requested please follow the link below and submit an assistance request directly to our Tech Support Team: https://community.musictribe.com/pages/create-new-ticket?type=Technical%20Support&brand=Behringer Thank you
      • Mar 5
    • mrkell80920
      GaryHiggins You can do this fairly easily with Cakewalk. First issue is to use the ASIO driver model not Windows drivers, that will allow full 32 ch use. That is the MAIN thing, Windows driver models will not work here.. Second likely issue is then setting the X32 to be a 32x32 interface, it can be set otherwise (it may be at the 8x8 setting by default) You probably want 32x32 for full X32 use. Your input routing on the X32 needs to be set for Card 1-32 in groups of 8. In Cakewalk set each audio track for a separate output ch. Usually the ASIO audio drivers are listed as pairs and 3 options for each pair, L/R and stereo. Always a little bit of math to get the ch's set but you can use "friendly" naming in Cakewalk to rename all the drivers to numbers and names that makes the most sense to you. A bit tedious but worth the effort. With each Cakewalk ch set for it's own output, they will align with the X32 mixer ch's when played back. If you can, use a USB 2.0 port on your PC, 3.0 USB ports can sometimes cause issues. In Cakewalk preferences below:
      • Mar 5
    • mrkell80920
      mrkell80920 Hello Gary, Thanks for the response.
      I meant to say I am using the x32 drivers available via the behringer downloads.
      But I think I only have the x-usb driver installed And it is that driver in the task bar that I open, and it shows no devices connected.
      • Mar 5
    • mrkell80920
      GaryHiggins BTW this shows up (above) where the pic I actually posted used to be...too odd. Holy cow, hard to help with stuff like this happening...
      • Mar 5
  • New
    JustinWhidden
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-17

I just went on staff as a part time employee at my church a couple of months ago.  We purchased a Wing in 2020 and were forced to send it in for service in June of 2021 due to the touchscreen malfunctioning.  Our tech director has been unable to get a response from anyone at music tribe for months.  As of this week he has finished his employment with the church.  I have now been charged with taking over this process.  He has given me the case number that he was initially given upon submitting a service request on the music tribe community service page.  I submitted a form on the "Contact us" page of the music tribe community with all of the previous info and have not received a response.  Can anyone point me in a direction that might lead to some resolution?  We have been without our console for almost a year and have no clue as to if/when we might expect it to be fixed and returned. Needless to say that we are in a bit of a bind with all of this.  Any help would be eternally appreciated!

read more...
    0 22
    • JustinWhidden
      Dale_M Hi there can you advise any case numbers you may have so we can investigate please?
      • May 17
    • JustinWhidden
      JustinWhidden

Case No: CAS-445631-K3Q6W2 CRM:0120000155180

• May 17
      • Help getting Wing service resolved!
        Dale_M Many thanks I will escalate it to the team.
        • May 18
    • JustinWhidden
      JustinWhidden It's been over 2 weeks now and I haven't been contacted by anyone at Music Tribe. How long should I expect to wait for a reply concerning my already unreasonably lengthy service repair?
      • Jun 1
        joynuscare Hello Justin. I am in a same shoe with you with our Wing. Did you find a resolution/received your Wing back? I would greatly appreciate if you keep me posted!! We had our in to the shop, an authorized local service center, since July 2021 and our shop has not been able to receive the necessary parts as of now..
        • Jun 7
        JustinWhidden Unfortunately, I'm still in the same boat. Our former TD received word back in January that the part(s) needed to make the repair had arrived and that our Wing would be about another 3 weeks out. Now here I still sit having been without our console for over a year now.....
        • Jun 14
Go to page