Statistics

293,645 members
176,671 posts
  • New
    mrkell80920
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-03-04

By now, I am sure the answer to this is yes, but I have not figured it out yet.
    My board has latest firmware, (4.06 at this time), I have the latest version of xEdit for the PC.

I have installed the USB drivers for the x32 on the pc,   set up my network connect, and can manage
    the board via that internet interface.

What I would like to do, is take an audio project that has seperate tracks, and push that audio to
    various channels on the board as if it were a live session.    so I can work on EQ settings, mixing, effects, etc.
    without having to do it live (or in a band practice session).   I am trying to use BandLabs Cakewalk, 
    and not having much luck...

Anybody know what I might be overlooking here?

Also, if I open up the USB driver window, that window shows no devices connected.   And I have tried
    multiple (both new and used) usb cables between the pc and the xUSB card in the back of the board.

Thanks peeps

read more...
    0 17
    • mrkell80920
      PedroRodrigues Hi mrkell80920, thank you for your post, to be possible to assist you with more tools and provide the info requested please follow the link below and submit an assistance request directly to our Tech Support Team: https://community.musictribe.com/pages/create-new-ticket?type=Technical%20Support&brand=Behringer Thank you
      • Mar 5
    • mrkell80920
      GaryHiggins You can do this fairly easily with Cakewalk. First issue is to use the ASIO driver model not Windows drivers, that will allow full 32 ch use. That is the MAIN thing, Windows driver models will not work here.. Second likely issue is then setting the X32 to be a 32x32 interface, it can be set otherwise (it may be at the 8x8 setting by default) You probably want 32x32 for full X32 use. Your input routing on the X32 needs to be set for Card 1-32 in groups of 8. In Cakewalk set each audio track for a separate output ch. Usually the ASIO audio drivers are listed as pairs and 3 options for each pair, L/R and stereo. Always a little bit of math to get the ch's set but you can use "friendly" naming in Cakewalk to rename all the drivers to numbers and names that makes the most sense to you. A bit tedious but worth the effort. With each Cakewalk ch set for it's own output, they will align with the X32 mixer ch's when played back. If you can, use a USB 2.0 port on your PC, 3.0 USB ports can sometimes cause issues. In Cakewalk preferences below:
      • Mar 5
    • mrkell80920
      mrkell80920 Hello Gary, Thanks for the response.
      I meant to say I am using the x32 drivers available via the behringer downloads.
      But I think I only have the x-usb driver installed And it is that driver in the task bar that I open, and it shows no devices connected.
      • Mar 5
    • mrkell80920
      GaryHiggins BTW this shows up (above) where the pic I actually posted used to be...too odd. Holy cow, hard to help with stuff like this happening...
      • Mar 5
  • New
    ib130258
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-05

Hi, I have this X18 now for years and made a lot of multichannel recordings with it. Nice little thing to work with on remote location. Many thanks for that.

But ... now I want to use this mixer as a "stereo" mixer with 2 independent stereo outputs: 1 for amplification to a stereo setup, the second to a analog stereo recording system (taperecorder - I know - old school). I thought I could use 'Main' for output 1 (that's fine) and bus output 1&2 for recording. Setting it up like that would even allow me to record 1 stereo source and listen to another. Anyway ...

So, all left channels of the inputs are set to bus 1 and all right channels to bus 2 (7 stereo inputs in total, using 14 input channels).

But it does no work when I try to use 'StereoLink' for the input channels (both input faders work together), because this directs both input channels to 1 bus in stead of 2 seperate busses, like I configured, resulting in a mono, 1 channel output. 

As far as I know, it is impossible to bypass the output for both input channels to different busses when 'StereoLink' is activated. It would be great to be able to maintain the different output busses. Can be done in the software, no? Or did I missed something? Can somebody help me with this?

read more...
    0 17
    • ib130258
      Paul_Vannatto You want to stereo link bus 1 and 2, not the channels.
      • September 5, 2021
    • ib130258
      ib130258 Yes, you are perfectly right. When the 2 busses are stereo linked, I can safely also stereo link the channels. I missed that option.
      Thank you so much for your help. I have to admit that this is the first time in all those years I had such a situation.
      It contributes to the ability of this small mixer. Great stuff!
      • September 6, 2021
  • New
    LuukvanKuipers
    Contributor - Level 3
    2021-11-02
    I expected that if I route the inputs from my SD16 to local 1-8/9-16 all channel settings previously set under 17-24/25-32 would move with it.
    But channel name, sends, pan and linked channels don't move with it, but gain settings do.
    Routing the SD16 back to 17-24/25-32 all channel gain settings are lost.

Is there an explicable reason for that?

read more...
    0 17
    • LuukvanKuipers
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Luuk, changing the input banks (of 8) from one bank to another (eg. from AES50 A1-8 to Local 1-8) has no affect on the channel strips settings. The only thing it will change is the what the respective channel source index is referencing. For example if channel 3 is assigned to the 3rd source (in the drop down list) and the Routing, Inputs changes from AES50 A1-8 to Local 1-8, channel 3 will have it's source change from AES50 3 to Local 3.

The gains (and phantom) are part of the actual preamps (located at the respective XLR inputs). So changing from AES50 A1-8 to Local 1-8, the gains (and phantom) will not be transferred. If you do need to copy from one bank of 8 gains/phantoms to another, both X32 Scene Parser and X32 Live Toolbox have tools to do that.
      • November 2, 2021
    • LuukvanKuipers
      LuukvanKuipers Hi Paul, That's a pity but is what it is. One small remark, the gain setting was the only setting that was moving with it.
      • November 3, 2021
  • New
    wirtszelle
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-06

Is one on the way?

0 17
  • New
    Gizdaniels
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-03-07

I have an X32 rack mixer that is being controlled by an iPad with X32 mix app. When I have a scene loaded, I try to make changes to some of the settings. I then click edit and “save” A box pops up and asks if I want to overwrite the scene. I click yes and then try to load the edited scene. The original unedited scene comes up instead. I have tried this several times with no success. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong.

any thoughts?

read more...
    0 17
    • Gizdaniels
      KevinMaxwell I have had a problem in X32 edit when trying to save a scene the trick seams to be that you need to change the name of the scene. I will edit the name and add a number to the end of it.
      • Mar 6
    • Gizdaniels
      Paul_Vannatto Which app and what OS are you using?
      • Mar 7
    • Gizdaniels
      Gizdaniels

First generation iPad Air 12.5.5

• Mar 7
  • New
    filter55
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-03-08

Is the bluetooth audio just a receiver or is it possible to send a signal to a bluetooth headphone?

Thanks

0 17
  • New
    DouglasLohman
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-12-28

M32/X32

I installed an X32rack in a church 2 years ago, they want to go all streaming.

Is there a way to get a L&R stereo signal out of the mixer, pre L&R fader, yet separately adjustable? You can use the matrix, but it will be mono. L&R outputs feed the PA.

L&R 1/4" outs will send the L&R but is affected by the L&R fader. Is there a way to send a L&R Pre fader signal to the Matrix and get stereo?

I tried linking a couple of Matrix channels...

Maybe I'm over thinking this.  Do they really need stereo? Maybe the pre or post L&R can be controlled after it leaves the mixer, by the input gain of the unit it's sent to (AD converter, etc). One could also send it via USB.

Thanks

read more...
    0 17
    • DouglasLohman
      KevinMaxwell This is a cut and paste and edit of something I recently wrote that I hope covers your question.

How many inputs are you presently using on the X32? If you have spare inputs you can double assign some inputs so you can use them just for the streaming feed. Keep in mind that live streaming is very susceptible to being over driven. See below how we dealt with that. The method I describe isn’t perfect but unless you have a separate room (and another person that can mix the streaming audio feed) and split all of the inputs this method is a good compromise.

One church I helped set up their X32 for live streaming we took each channel post fader to a Mix Bus (7) and if you needed more or less of that in the live stream they would adjust to taste. This included the vocal reverb that was used for the house mix. They could also send channels to Mix Bus 7 without sending it to the L/R for the house feed. And don’t forget that you have the parametric EQ on the Mix Bus available for shaping the sound. Mix Bus 7 was then sent to Matrix 5 and 6 as the output to the stream. If you want stereo and you have 2 Mix Bus sends available you can use 2 Mix Bus sends to feed the matrix outputs.

I used the compressor on Mix Bus 7 at about a 7:1 ratio and set the threshold so it was always doing a little something. I set the attack and release to AUTO mode and I set the knee to 5. This was then routed to Matrix 5/6 and the matrix compressor was set to limiting (brick wall limiting) ratio to 100 percent and 0 knee, also set it to peak not RMS. And the level was set while watching a test live stream and was set to be just under clipping. This was to keep the signal clean and as loud as we could get it but keep it from clipping. Keep in mind that the dynamic range of live sound is not going to work for any kind of broadcasting feed. Actually at first to get in the ball park I sent a steady tone to the stream and adjusted the Matrix outputs and the limiter to where I heard a clean tone on the streamed return. If the tone is clipping it is very obvious. Then we used playback of a band and we needed to bring it all down a little bit. This church has a Box Caster so there are no adjustments at all in the streaming device. If you are using a way to stream that gives you some control you will need to look into that. There may be a way to increase your output from there. But you will still need to beware of the level you are feeding to that and that is where the compression and limiting come into play.

And although it might drive you a little bit craze because of the extreme delay you could have one person with a tablet (hooked up to control the live stream Mix Bus on the M32 over WiFi) mixing the Mix Bus feed while watching and listening to the live stream in another room. I say drive you crazy because any change you make on the Mix Bus you wouldn’t hear right away because of the time it takes for the live stream to reach the person watching and trying to mix it. When we were testing this setup it was around 26 seconds.

I hope this is of some help to you.
      • December 28, 2021
    • DouglasLohman
      DouglasLohman Thank you, That all makes sense! They are using a very simple set up, 4 speaking/singing mics and one piano. I think this will all be determined by the input capability of the audio streaming devise, and, whether or not they desire stereo. Thanks, again.
      • December 28, 2021
  • New
    Soccerman58
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-06-09

Hi

Please see picture.

I have selected FX1 and raised the master to 0. I sent some level from channels 15 and 16. Shouldn't the FX1/Bus 13 slider in the Sends view be automatically raised accordingly please?

Even more weird to me is that if I manually raise that FX1/Bus 13 slider it raises the level of any channel that happens to be selected - whether I want it in the FX1 send or not. Clearly I don't want anything in there that I have not selected myself.

Sanity check - do I need to mute out all the DCAs on the FX Buses please? There is nothing there I want in the monitors.

Thank you much

Phil

read more...
    0 17
    • Soccerman58
      Paul_Vannatto The answer to your first question is "definitely not". The FX1/Bus 13 slider is the master fader of that mix (identical to any monitor mixes) and you definitely don't want to send the mix output (FX1/Bus 13 slider) back into the sends mix to that bus - you would end up with an audio loop (ie. uncontrolled feedback would result).

For your second question, if you don't want something sent to the FX engine, either lower that channel send fader to infinite (all the way down) or turn off that particular send (on/off button at the bottom of the fader strip).

For your third question, DCAs only affect the channel's main fader (to FOH). Therefore the only way a DCA would affect channel sends to a bus is if the sends tap is set to post fader.

If you don't want an FX wet signal to go to your monitors, don't send that FX return to your monitor bus.

The process of setting up channel sends to an FX on the X32 is no different than on the X-Air console.
      • Jun 9
    • Soccerman58
      Soccerman58 OK cool. Thank you
      • Jun 10
  • New
    rmk24655
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-02-17

I need to learn about and understand more about the board -- particularly on setting outputs and getting output to the Aux 1 and Aux2 outputs.

I am failing at finding any assistance on how to proceed. I've watched some YouTube videos; but can't find anything to address how to do some of the things I need to do.

I am totally a beginner, and need some direction. Thanks in advance.  Any training or videos available?

read more...
    0 17
    • rmk24655
      Paul_Vannatto Drew Brashler makes excellent YouTube tutorials. What exactly do you want assigned to the Aux 1 and Aux 2 jacks on the back of the Producer? This is done on the Routing, Aux screen.
      • Feb 17
    • rmk24655
      rmk24655

• Feb 17
    • rmk24655
      rmk24655

I will check it out. As I understand things, we have duplicated our 7 Out and 8 Out to go out on Aux 1 and Aux 2. These go to a converter and then into our computer livestream. Suddenly we have nothing coming out on our Aux 2 out.

• Feb 17
    • rmk24655
      Paul_Vannatto Why do you have to duplicate your 7 Out and 8 Out? What is it you want to assign to the Aux 1 & 2 - the Main LR, a bus pair?
      • Feb 17
  • New
    LarzHanson
    Contributor - Level 2
    2022-05-21

Great feature request for the Flow 8 app: Instead of hard-to-see skinny "LED meter strips" on each channel and master, how about making the entire area behind the fader knob and white/gray markings a meter? By its very design, the mixer is intended to hold a phone, and the meters on the app are notoriously hard to see. So instead of the skinny meter strip, make the entire gray/blue/black area the meter, splitting the stereo channels and master at the fader travel line. You might put a skinny black strip between each channel just for definition, but having meters that you can glance at without straining to see them would make the app way more enjoyable! Thanks for considering it!

read more...
    0 17
    • LarzHanson
      Nigel67 Hi LarzHanson. Many thanks for your enhancement request. I will forward it on to the design team for further discussion and possible implementation. All the best.
      • May 22
    • LarzHanson
      Megapit Hi

I don't want to open an other thread for this, so I reply to this on:

I would find it very usefull, to start Audio Pairing in the App. I use this good mixer for rehearsals of my hobby band. Sometimes we want to hear mp3 from the songs we practise and we use differnt band members mobiles for this.

Thanks for this good product!
      • Jun 27
Go to page