Statistics

306,085 members
190,433 posts
  • New
    Kcld
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-28

Hello all,

in December 2021 I bought the Behringer X32 full version.

A really great mixer.
    I'm just having some trouble setting up the X32 as a DAW controller.

What I personally find a pity is that the DAW controlling only takes place on the right side and not on all faders, so also the 16 faders on the left.

There are many videos on Youtube how this was done at ProTools and Studio One, among others.

Surely this should also be possible in Cubase?
    Does anyone have an idea how I could get this working?

Why didn't Behringer make sure that all faders can work as DAW controllers? Software wise could this be included in an update?

Are there people here who can give me tips on how to properly set up the DAW controlling, or maybe people who have all faders working in Cubase Pro?

Thank you very much for your help and advice,

Ron.

read more...
    0 22
  • New
    shaler
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-06-08

I have the Flow Clamp, but I'd rather have a drum module type mount so I can mount to my drum kit. Is there a solution that would screw into the 4 holes on the bottom with a post sticking out?

Something like https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SC-EMMP--gibraltar-sc-emmp-electronic-drum-module-mounting-plate

read more...
    0 22
    • shaler
      PedroRodrigues Hi shaler, thank you for your post, effectively the only mount option we have released for the Flow 8 is the Flow Clamp, but I'm sure that other non supported solutions such as the one you pointed out might work. Thank you
      • Jun 8
  • New
    DouglasLohman
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-12-28

M32/X32

I installed an X32rack in a church 2 years ago, they want to go all streaming.

Is there a way to get a L&R stereo signal out of the mixer, pre L&R fader, yet separately adjustable? You can use the matrix, but it will be mono. L&R outputs feed the PA.

L&R 1/4" outs will send the L&R but is affected by the L&R fader. Is there a way to send a L&R Pre fader signal to the Matrix and get stereo?

I tried linking a couple of Matrix channels...

Maybe I'm over thinking this.  Do they really need stereo? Maybe the pre or post L&R can be controlled after it leaves the mixer, by the input gain of the unit it's sent to (AD converter, etc). One could also send it via USB.

Thanks

read more...
    0 22
    • DouglasLohman
      KevinMaxwell This is a cut and paste and edit of something I recently wrote that I hope covers your question.

How many inputs are you presently using on the X32? If you have spare inputs you can double assign some inputs so you can use them just for the streaming feed. Keep in mind that live streaming is very susceptible to being over driven. See below how we dealt with that. The method I describe isn’t perfect but unless you have a separate room (and another person that can mix the streaming audio feed) and split all of the inputs this method is a good compromise.

One church I helped set up their X32 for live streaming we took each channel post fader to a Mix Bus (7) and if you needed more or less of that in the live stream they would adjust to taste. This included the vocal reverb that was used for the house mix. They could also send channels to Mix Bus 7 without sending it to the L/R for the house feed. And don’t forget that you have the parametric EQ on the Mix Bus available for shaping the sound. Mix Bus 7 was then sent to Matrix 5 and 6 as the output to the stream. If you want stereo and you have 2 Mix Bus sends available you can use 2 Mix Bus sends to feed the matrix outputs.

I used the compressor on Mix Bus 7 at about a 7:1 ratio and set the threshold so it was always doing a little something. I set the attack and release to AUTO mode and I set the knee to 5. This was then routed to Matrix 5/6 and the matrix compressor was set to limiting (brick wall limiting) ratio to 100 percent and 0 knee, also set it to peak not RMS. And the level was set while watching a test live stream and was set to be just under clipping. This was to keep the signal clean and as loud as we could get it but keep it from clipping. Keep in mind that the dynamic range of live sound is not going to work for any kind of broadcasting feed. Actually at first to get in the ball park I sent a steady tone to the stream and adjusted the Matrix outputs and the limiter to where I heard a clean tone on the streamed return. If the tone is clipping it is very obvious. Then we used playback of a band and we needed to bring it all down a little bit. This church has a Box Caster so there are no adjustments at all in the streaming device. If you are using a way to stream that gives you some control you will need to look into that. There may be a way to increase your output from there. But you will still need to beware of the level you are feeding to that and that is where the compression and limiting come into play.

And although it might drive you a little bit craze because of the extreme delay you could have one person with a tablet (hooked up to control the live stream Mix Bus on the M32 over WiFi) mixing the Mix Bus feed while watching and listening to the live stream in another room. I say drive you crazy because any change you make on the Mix Bus you wouldn’t hear right away because of the time it takes for the live stream to reach the person watching and trying to mix it. When we were testing this setup it was around 26 seconds.

I hope this is of some help to you.
      • December 28, 2021
    • DouglasLohman
      DouglasLohman Thank you, That all makes sense! They are using a very simple set up, 4 speaking/singing mics and one piano. I think this will all be determined by the input capability of the audio streaming devise, and, whether or not they desire stereo. Thanks, again.
      • December 28, 2021
  • New
    IstelEduardo8906
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-03

Hi to all, can someone tell me how long takes to musictribe, answer a ticket for a product registration? 

Thanks in advance 

0 22
  • GeorgeDougherty
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-09-12

It'd be great to set the Custom Control knobs for the selected channel rather than a specific channel.

0 22
  • New
    jkuester
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-01

I feel like I am missing something here, but can somebody help me understand the point of the input presets on the FLOW 8.  These are the ones in the "INPUT SETTINGS" where you can choose the preset for the specific input (e.g. Vocal mic, Kick drum, etc).  It feels like changing the input preset should do something, but as far as I can tell nothing really happens (except setting the input name).

Is that all it does, or am I missing something here?  Thanks!

read more...
    0 21
  • New
    serviceman
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-04-18

Hi,  I am an integrator and we were hired to work with an existing X32 Rack unit.  I attempted to connect to the unit to save a copy of the original configuration before firmware update.  When I try to connect, I get a message that it is incompatible firmware data.  Do I have any options to save the file before updating the firmware?  Old versions of Edit PC?  Any help would be appreciated.  I am currently onsite, and it is frustrating that this is the only means of tech support.  Rank over. 

read more...
    0 21
    • serviceman
      GaryHiggins You can download it from the site, just make sure "show all versions" is checked off
      • Apr 18
    • serviceman
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Serviceman, you can also export the scene (or show, which includes all of the cues, scenes and snippets) from the X32 Rack front panel, using the Utility button (first select the Scene button). This will export to a USB stick plugged into the USB port beside the display.

Regarding the "incompatible" error, that is probably due to the fact that your version of the X32-Edit is not for that particular firmware. Most of the firmware updates are linked to specific X32-Edit versions (unfortunately).
      • Apr 18
  • New
    agehman
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-04-03

Work on soundboard for a church. Ever time we record half way through the message the it stops recording.  USB is a 16gb / fat32

0 21
    • agehman
      Nigel67 Hi agehman. I would first of all try another USB stick, possibly from a different manufacturer and try formatting it using the format facility on the X32 (guessing it is an X32 although you never specified.)
      • Apr 4
    • agehman
      haischmann Is it a USB 2.0? I ran into the same problem with USB 3.0
      • Apr 8
  • New
    pve
    Contributor - Level 1
    2022-07-20

Hi,

my fan in Wing has bearing broken. When the fan starts spinning, it's noisy. I'd like to replace it with some high quality fan, for example low noise Noctua or so. Can someone tell me exact type of the fan installed in Wing or necessary parameters (measurement, voltage, PWM/non-PWM etc.)

Thank you in advance.

read more...
    0 21
    • pve
      Dale_M Hi there, if the console is still under warranty we would advise raising a Service ticket via the support tab above, if not then please go to the buy tab at Behringer, select your country and contact one of our partners to inquire. We do not recommend any other fan than the one fitted at manufacture https://www.behringer.com/buy.html
      • Jul 20
      • Wing fan replacement
        pve Hi, thank you. It's still in warranty. I bought it in January 2021 from Czech branch of Muziker. Muziker is actually Slovak company from Bratislava. I'm from Prague. In the past I asked for support for diferrent issue and Muziker wanted me to deliver Wing to Bratislava to check if the described issue really exists and if yes, from Bratislava (probably) to Germany, because of in Bratislava is not service center. I thing it's crazy just for fan replacement.
        • Jul 20
      • Wing fan replacement
        pve OK, I'll try to rise support ticket and we'll see. Still is little bit unclear why not use compatible top class fan.
        • Jul 20
    • pve
      kimi Hi pve, how did you fix the issue? I had a new console with a noisy fan. My reseller gave me a new wing as replacement, same problem here. The noise sounds like a broken bearing.
      • Aug 2
  • New
    acknapp
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-06-03

One of the channels (channel 14) has the wrong information displayed on the scribble strip. It is showing the information from channel 30 instead of 14.

Channel 30 is in the same physical location on bank 17-32 as channel 14 on bank 1-16.

It shows "Ch 30" (where it should show "Ch 14") in the large font on top left of the strip display.

It seems that the actual channel 14 audio is indeed coming through correctly even though the information on the scribble strip is wrong.

I am at firmware 4.03. Is this something that could potentially be resolved with a firmware upgrade or do you think this will require service?

Rebooting did not fix it.

read more...
    0 21
    • acknapp
      Paul_Vannatto Check the channel 14 source (on the config screen) to make sure it is indeed assigned the correct source.
      • Jun 2
      • Wrong channel number in X32 scribble strip
        acknapp If I look at the config screen for channel 14, it shows the correct source, name, icon, etc., for channel 14. It is only the scribble strip display that is wrong.
        • Jun 3
    • acknapp
      Paul_Vannatto Actually it doesn't. If you want me to properly troubleshoot your problem and provide a solution, export your scene to a file, upload it to the cloud (eg. Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.) and provide a shareable link. That way I can see exactly what is assigned.
      • Jun 3
Go to page