Statistics

294,174 members
177,249 posts
  • New
    DouglasLohman
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-12-28

M32/X32

I installed an X32rack in a church 2 years ago, they want to go all streaming.

Is there a way to get a L&R stereo signal out of the mixer, pre L&R fader, yet separately adjustable? You can use the matrix, but it will be mono. L&R outputs feed the PA.

L&R 1/4" outs will send the L&R but is affected by the L&R fader. Is there a way to send a L&R Pre fader signal to the Matrix and get stereo?

I tried linking a couple of Matrix channels...

Maybe I'm over thinking this.  Do they really need stereo? Maybe the pre or post L&R can be controlled after it leaves the mixer, by the input gain of the unit it's sent to (AD converter, etc). One could also send it via USB.

Thanks

read more...
    0 17
    • DouglasLohman
      KevinMaxwell This is a cut and paste and edit of something I recently wrote that I hope covers your question.

How many inputs are you presently using on the X32? If you have spare inputs you can double assign some inputs so you can use them just for the streaming feed. Keep in mind that live streaming is very susceptible to being over driven. See below how we dealt with that. The method I describe isn’t perfect but unless you have a separate room (and another person that can mix the streaming audio feed) and split all of the inputs this method is a good compromise.

One church I helped set up their X32 for live streaming we took each channel post fader to a Mix Bus (7) and if you needed more or less of that in the live stream they would adjust to taste. This included the vocal reverb that was used for the house mix. They could also send channels to Mix Bus 7 without sending it to the L/R for the house feed. And don’t forget that you have the parametric EQ on the Mix Bus available for shaping the sound. Mix Bus 7 was then sent to Matrix 5 and 6 as the output to the stream. If you want stereo and you have 2 Mix Bus sends available you can use 2 Mix Bus sends to feed the matrix outputs.

I used the compressor on Mix Bus 7 at about a 7:1 ratio and set the threshold so it was always doing a little something. I set the attack and release to AUTO mode and I set the knee to 5. This was then routed to Matrix 5/6 and the matrix compressor was set to limiting (brick wall limiting) ratio to 100 percent and 0 knee, also set it to peak not RMS. And the level was set while watching a test live stream and was set to be just under clipping. This was to keep the signal clean and as loud as we could get it but keep it from clipping. Keep in mind that the dynamic range of live sound is not going to work for any kind of broadcasting feed. Actually at first to get in the ball park I sent a steady tone to the stream and adjusted the Matrix outputs and the limiter to where I heard a clean tone on the streamed return. If the tone is clipping it is very obvious. Then we used playback of a band and we needed to bring it all down a little bit. This church has a Box Caster so there are no adjustments at all in the streaming device. If you are using a way to stream that gives you some control you will need to look into that. There may be a way to increase your output from there. But you will still need to beware of the level you are feeding to that and that is where the compression and limiting come into play.

And although it might drive you a little bit craze because of the extreme delay you could have one person with a tablet (hooked up to control the live stream Mix Bus on the M32 over WiFi) mixing the Mix Bus feed while watching and listening to the live stream in another room. I say drive you crazy because any change you make on the Mix Bus you wouldn’t hear right away because of the time it takes for the live stream to reach the person watching and trying to mix it. When we were testing this setup it was around 26 seconds.

I hope this is of some help to you.
      • December 28, 2021
    • DouglasLohman
      DouglasLohman Thank you, That all makes sense! They are using a very simple set up, 4 speaking/singing mics and one piano. I think this will all be determined by the input capability of the audio streaming devise, and, whether or not they desire stereo. Thanks, again.
      • December 28, 2021
  • New
    LarzHanson
    Contributor - Level 2
    2022-05-21

Great feature request for the Flow 8 app: Instead of hard-to-see skinny "LED meter strips" on each channel and master, how about making the entire area behind the fader knob and white/gray markings a meter? By its very design, the mixer is intended to hold a phone, and the meters on the app are notoriously hard to see. So instead of the skinny meter strip, make the entire gray/blue/black area the meter, splitting the stereo channels and master at the fader travel line. You might put a skinny black strip between each channel just for definition, but having meters that you can glance at without straining to see them would make the app way more enjoyable! Thanks for considering it!

read more...
    0 17
    • LarzHanson
      Nigel67 Hi LarzHanson. Many thanks for your enhancement request. I will forward it on to the design team for further discussion and possible implementation. All the best.
      • May 22
    • LarzHanson
      Megapit Hi

I don't want to open an other thread for this, so I reply to this on:

I would find it very usefull, to start Audio Pairing in the App. I use this good mixer for rehearsals of my hobby band. Sometimes we want to hear mp3 from the songs we practise and we use differnt band members mobiles for this.

Thanks for this good product!
      • Jun 27
  • New
    Mike7300
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-29

All - I have been using a behringer x32 rack with my main band.  I have a side band that uses 5 inputs (two vocal mic, guitar, and keys) and looking to get a separate mixer (6 or 8 channel) to use with them for gigs since my other mixer is combined with other equipment into a large rack cabinet and doesn't make sense to take the entire thing.  So want to get something that's more easily portable.  Any suggestions?

read more...
    0 17
    • Mike7300
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Mike, I use either the XR18 or MR18 (have both) for smaller bands.
      • September 29, 2021
    • Mike7300
      Mike7300

Anything with less inputs you recommend? That many inputs would be overkill for this band and also just trying to save money.

• September 29, 2021
    • Mike7300
      Paul_Vannatto There is the XR16 and XR12 (I have an MR12). Those have 8 XLR/8 TRS or 4 XLR/8 TRS inputs respectively. The limitation of the 2 Aux outputs of the XR12 has been an issue for me, since I use Aux fed subs which takes up one Aux output. Also both XR16 and XR12 has a stereo USB player/recorder (to USB stick) instead of the 18x18 multi-track USB interface of the XR18.
      • September 29, 2021
    • Mike7300
      Mike7300

Got it, I won’t use subs so no issue there for me, with the XRL 12 if I want monitors I would have to use those couple aux channels correct? And there’s no XLR outs besides the mains…:so I think XR16 will be better for me.

• September 29, 2021
    • Mike7300
      GaryHiggins Flow8?
      • September 30, 2021
  • New
    tevro
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-03-12

Newcomer here - hope someone can help.

My setup:  I have an Android connected into the soundboard as directed, a Shure wireless mic into the first channel using an xlr, and digital speakers for the output. I've followed the helpful steps Rex outlined in a previous post and can get my mix into my Surface Pro 7, (finally!! what a breakthrough! I know this because I tried filming a little test video), but I can only do that if I use Spotify on the computer (not from my Android) and when I do that for some reason I can't HEAR the mix of my voice/music over the speakers to know how the mix is coming across when I livestream or record.  

When I use my Android as the music source, I can hear the mix of music/voice just fine over the speakers and hence control the balance of the mix, however, I can't get the mix to go into the computer to be able to livestream or record - I have to choose either the mic or the music.

Any suggestions how to somehow get music and voice through computer and speakers so that I can both record/stream and hear at the same time would be super helpful.

read more...
    0 16
    • tevro
      Dale_M This the way the mixer is designed and an explanation can be found here: https://youtu.be/1Bp9luuOQZY given the limitation of these smaller mixers the workaround would be to send audio from another device's headphone/line out (such as a phone/tablet/PC) and send this IN to the Xenyx on 2 of the available channels -a cable such as a 3.5mm stereo jack to 2x 1/4" jacks would work best.
      • Apr 8
  • New
    DocBlizz
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-04-18

History: 6 months ago my church bought a sd16 digital snake to go with out x32 compact, the idea was that we would replace the analog snake with the sd16 when we redid the sound booth.  When we got it I tested that the sd16 would connect to the board and it did so without issue, mics worked everything seemed to be nearly plug and play, I loved it.

The problem: fast forward to 2 weeks ago when we started the renovation of the sound booth (why right before Easter I'll never know) now when I plug in the SD16 I have nothing but connection issues.  This is mostly what it's doing https://youtu.be/drnaUhu7MX0

Any one know how to fix this? I've tried 4 different cables all of which give the same issue... About 1 in 4 times it will connect, but about half of those times it will say connected but not be receiving any input from the mic

read more...
    0 16
    • DocBlizz
      Joachim Cześć,
      Sprawdziłeś czy kable mają oba wtyki w standardzie RJ45 T568B? (ale piszesz że czasem działa - więc pewnie standard połączenia jest dobry). Podczas remontu kabel mógł ulec uszkodzeniu, albo jeden ze styków nie działa dobrze - możesz to srawdzić jakimś testerem?
      Masz zaktualizowany soft w mikserze i SD?
      Kabel nie jest dłuższy niż 100m?

Pozdrawiam i życzę Ci powodzenia,
      Niech Ci Bóg błogosławi.
      Joachim

Hi,
      Have you checked if the cables have both RJ45 T568B plugs? (but you write that sometimes it works - so probably the connection standard is good). During the renovation, the cable may have been damaged, or one of the contacts does not work well - can you check it with a tester?
      Do you have an updated soft in the mixer and SD?
      The cable is not longer than 100m?

Best regards and good luck to you,
      God bless you.
      Joachim
      • Apr 18
  • New
    R21a41dude
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-04-20

When connecting 2-X32's......the first one for FOH (AES50A)......and the second one for broadcast (AES50B) does the first X-32 have control of the input gain? As the broadcast engineer I notice on Sunday that when the FOH engineer changes input gain it also changes the gain on the broadcast mixer. Is this normal? And does any change in EQ on the FOH chnges  the EQ on the broadcast mixer?

read more...
    0 16
    • R21a41dude
      Paul_Vannatto Rule #1 of the X32/M32 eco-system is that the console closest to the preamps (located at the XLR-F jack) has control of the preamps (including gain and phantom), unless that console relinquishes control (HA Remote in Setup, preamps screen).
      Rule #2 of this eco-system is that only one console can control a preamp at any given point in time.

What that means is if the FOH console has preamp control, it will affect all other consoles in the eco-system. That is by design.

If it is desired to have independent (digital) trim control on each console, the HA Gain Split (in Setup, preamps screen) can be enabled to provide this.
      • Apr 20
    • R21a41dude
      R21a41dude

Thanks Paul......good info, clearly explained answer. Thanks again

• Apr 21
  • New
    sammylevz
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-30

Does anyone know if the X-touch will work with the Mackie DL16s? I really want this to be a thing, and if so has someone done a tutorial?

0 16
  • New
    Richrae17
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-27

We have the Behringer x32 for our church sound system, yesterday I updated the firmware and lost all of the presets in the process. I cant find the monitors and need to know how.

0 16
    • Richrae17
      Paul_Vannatto Do you not have backup files of all your scenes, snippets and library presets? If not, they are gone. If you describe your setup (what everything is hooked up to) I can help you setup the routing.
      • October 27, 2021
  • New
    DennisMilsom
    Contributor - Level 2
    2022-05-13

I have set up so that some of the channels (and a USB channel) go to the monitor send, however the monitor knob has no effect on the output. The slider in the app also has no effect.

The level is fixed and no changes to either the master fader, channel faders or the monitor send fader does anything.

How does one set it up so that monitor faders DO work? I mean they will, otherwise they woudln't be there, but I cannot get them to.

Thanks

read more...
    0 16
  • New
    tobes2208
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-04-25

Hi

Would be grafetul if anyone could assist me with this issue.

I have an X32 Compact and an S32 stage box. 

We are a 7 piece band, that uses iems and so we use up 1-12 mix buses, 13 and 14 are delay and reverb and 15/16 are for the main LR out. 

The X32 Compact goes to front of house with our engineer. The S32 is in a rack, which is on stage with the band.

When there are stageboxes already at venues, we usually take a left and right XLR from their stagebox and insert them into 15/16 outputs on the S32 to be able to be fed back to FOH.

However, there are occasions when we want to use the physical outputs on the X32 Compact to be our main LR out, (there is no feed from stage or there are patching issues within the venue) so we can patch to FOH directly next to it. The issue is there are only 8 physical outputs on the X32 Compact, with 7 and 8 patched as the main LR out. Is there a way to use the user routing to repatch the outputs so the physical 7 and 8 out on the back of the X32 Compact are being used as Main LR out and the s32 is using 1-14 as outputs?

Ive fiddled around in the routing menus, but tbh i feel like i keep confusing myself! 

read more...
    0 16
    • tobes2208
      Paul_Vannatto The Routing, XLR Out screen is where you assign the desired signals to the physical XLR-M jacks (outputs) on the back of the Compact. If you have already assigned the Main L/R to Outputs 15/16 on the Routing, Out 1-16 screen (in order to make up the blocks of 8 required for the AES50 assignments), then assign Out 9-12 to the Routing, XLR Out outputs 1-4, and Out 13-16 to outputs 5-8. That will send the Main LR outputs to both the Compact XLR outputs 7/8 and the S32 outputs 15/16.
      • Apr 25
    • tobes2208
      Deleted Member

Thank you for coming back to me, Paul. I tried out what i think you explained, but i was still unable to get the main L/R to come from Outputs 7 & 8 on the X32, without losing my mix buses that are coming from the S32.

• Apr 29
Go to page