Statistics

298,841 members
182,515 posts
  • New
    Ccak
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-07-16

Is there anywhere an XR18 or XR16 can be purchased? Any help?

0 18
    • Ccak
      PedroRodrigues Hi Ccak, thank you for your post, I would suggest following the link below to access our network of Partners and Resellers and contact some of our partners on your region to request information on the availability of the XR18 and XR16 .
      https://www.behringer.com/buy.html

I hope this helps.
      Thank you
      • Jul 16
  • New
    R21a41dude
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-04-20

When connecting 2-X32's......the first one for FOH (AES50A)......and the second one for broadcast (AES50B) does the first X-32 have control of the input gain? As the broadcast engineer I notice on Sunday that when the FOH engineer changes input gain it also changes the gain on the broadcast mixer. Is this normal? And does any change in EQ on the FOH chnges  the EQ on the broadcast mixer?

read more...
    0 18
    • R21a41dude
      Paul_Vannatto Rule #1 of the X32/M32 eco-system is that the console closest to the preamps (located at the XLR-F jack) has control of the preamps (including gain and phantom), unless that console relinquishes control (HA Remote in Setup, preamps screen).
      Rule #2 of this eco-system is that only one console can control a preamp at any given point in time.

What that means is if the FOH console has preamp control, it will affect all other consoles in the eco-system. That is by design.

If it is desired to have independent (digital) trim control on each console, the HA Gain Split (in Setup, preamps screen) can be enabled to provide this.
      • Apr 20
    • R21a41dude
      R21a41dude

Thanks Paul......good info, clearly explained answer. Thanks again

• Apr 21
  • New
    Adrian777
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-20

Hello,

i have an issue with the mixer X18.
    It happens as well withe the app and with remote via Windows PC.

I am able to set up a FX to chanel with all its parameters. After setting it up i'am not able to have an influence on the volume. If i move the fader in the FX section or in the "sends" section for the particular FX channels nothing does change. Muting does work.

Witout this funktion the mixer is not useable in a show-scenario.

read more...
    0 18
    • Adrian777
      Paul_Vannatto The best thing to do for troubleshooting is to use the X-Air Edit app (on your Windows PC) to save to a scene file, save it to the cloud (eg. dropbox, Google Drive, etc.) and provide a shareable link in your next post. That way we can have a look and better advise.
      • Jan 20
    • Adrian777
      Adrian777

Thank you,

her is the link to the scene

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mihz9u04szeicz4/Probe%2020.01.2022.scn?dl=0

• Jan 21
    • Adrian777
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Adrian, I see the problem. You have the FX1 set as an insert to channel 2 (Vocals Stef). Unfortunately reverb FX don't work that way, because they don't have any mix knob (to change the ratio of dry and wet signals). Instead you need to setup the Chamber Reverb (FX1) in a "side-chain" mode.

Here is how to do that using the X-Air Edit (on your Windows PC)
      * Select the FX tab at the top and turn off the Insert of FX1, and change Ch 02 to Off.
      * On the right side, select the FX1 (under the column of Main LR, Adr Mon, etc)
      * Bring up the FX1 main fader (far right) to 0 db
      * On the left section will be all of the channel sends to that FX sends bus. Vocals Steff level is already up to 0 db. Move the other 2 vocal faders up to the desired levels.
      * Select the Main LR (on the right side)
      * To the right of the 16 channels and Aux channel are the 4 FX returns (returns the wet signal from the FX engine). Turn up the FX1 to around -10 db.

What this does is send the vocal (dry) signals to the FX1 sends bus (similar to the monitor buses, but these FX buses are dedicated to the four FX slots). The FX1 processes the mix of (dry) signals to create the desired reverb (wet). That reverb output is returned to the Main LR mix via the FX1 return channel (to the right of the Aux channel). You would adjust the wet signal level up and down to the desired balance with the (dry) channels.
      • Jan 21
    • Adrian777
      Adrian777

Hello Paul,

thank you very much!!
      That did work.

Probably some addition to this:
      "To the right of the 16 channels and Aux channel are the 4 FX returns (returns the wet signal from the FX engine). Turn up the FX1 to around -10 db."
      This need to be done in the "Main L/R page, not the FX1 page.

• Jan 21
    • Adrian777
      Paul_Vannatto Yes you are correct with that addition. I've added that to the instructions for future reference.
      • Jan 21
  • New
    pastormonty
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-02-09

I'm located in Central Mississippi and am needing to replace an X32 Power Supply.  Does anyone know where I can purchase one?  I can't find one anywhere! I need some help and ideas!

Thanks! 

Rev. Monty 

read more...
    0 18
    • pastormonty
      Dale_M Please go to the Support tab above and select Parts so the team can advise you.
      • Feb 9
      • X32 Power Supply
        pastormonty Thanks..did that.
        • Feb 10
    • pastormonty
      pastormonty

Still no response...

• Feb 15
    • pastormonty
      pastormonty Alright - SERIOUSLY LOOKING - for the power supply for the X32 - It seems to be back-ordered by EVERYONE. Need this for a Youth Ministry. #StuckWIthDeadBoardButNotDeadPeople
      • Mar 7
  • New
    DavidSelf
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-11-15

Is it possible to route this scenario:  mic (ch 18) -> usb (ch 3)?  I am trying to set up my pc so i can send a mic into it via usb while using usb 1/2 out into the x32.

0 18
    • DavidSelf
      Nigel67 Hi DavidSelf. Could do with a little more information as to what else you are wanting to send to the computer via the USB, i.e on channels 1 and 2 as this will affect the patching, but yes you could assign the Direct Output of Input 18 (with the Tap point you require) to Out 3 (in Out 1-16 tab) or Ultranet Output 3 (Ultranet tab) and then either assign Out 1-8 or Ultranet 1-8 to Outputs 1-8 in the Card tab. You could also set up the User Outs function after assigning the Input 18 to the Direct Out and then assign the User Out 1-8 in the Card tab. You have to assign to the Card in blocks of 8, you cannot assign just one individual channel - well you can in theory in the User Out, you just assign one channel to a block of 8 outputs, but you still have to patch a block of 8 outputs to the card. Then for the two return channels from the USB, bring them into Aux In 1-2 via the Aux In Remap (Card 1-2) in the Input tab. Hope this is what you were after.
      • November 15, 2021
    • DavidSelf
      DavidSelf Thanks Nigel67, I'll give that a try. I had already set the returns to come in on Aux 1/2. Right now I can't get my outputs from x32 to work at all in my PC. No problem sending audio to the x32 from the PC. I have the x32 currently configured with 1-8 input as local and 1-8 output set to card 1-8 with a mic in ch 1. I see the input signal and can hear it locally on my x32 monitor (phones). In the meters view I see ch 1 signal but nothing in the output other than L/R. Should I see output movement in the meters on ch 1. ie, does the output signal destined for card ch 1 show up in the output meter?
      • November 16, 2021
      • Routing Question
        Nigel67 Have you turned up the mix bus gains on Input 1 to send audio to Mix busses 1-8? So if you select input 1, then go to the Bus Sends section in the detail area and turn the gains up for 1-4 and then 5-8. You then need to raise the Mix Bus faders which is the right hand bank of faders with the switch set to Bus 1-8. You should now see the meters above the Mix Bus faders lighting as well as the L/R meters. As default, the Mix Busses 1-8 are assigned to Out 1-8, so as long as Out 1-8 are assigned to Card 1-8, then you should see audio coming into your computer. have a look on You Tube, as there are many videos showing how to record from an X32/M32 to a DAW, which you will find very helpful.
        • November 16, 2021
    • DavidSelf
      DavidSelf Thanks for the help Nigel67
      • November 17, 2021
  • New
    BCDurham
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-02-12

Hello,

My band is nearly maxed out on inputs on our XAir18--two regular inputs and the two line-in inputs remain open--and deciding how to connect two items: (1) keyboard (left and right, so two inputs) and (2) shotgun audience microphones (left and right, so two inputs). The options we see are:

A) the keyboard goes into the two regular inputs (let's say, 7 & 8, between bass and guitars) and the shotgun audience mics go into the two line-in inputs (17 & 18)

OR

B) the shotgun audience mics go into the two regular inputs (let's say, 15 & 16, after the vocals) and the keyboard goes into the two line-in inputs (17 & 18)

We are leaning toward option A because the regular inputs provide more effects features than the line-in inputs and seems like these features would be more useful for the keyboard than the audience shotgun mics.

I appreciate any advice anyone can provide about this question. Thanks!

Brian

p.s. Am I correct that the line-in channels 17 & 18 appear only as one "Line In" channel on the interface? I am not failing to click something that would display channel 18 separately alongside the other channels? Thanks!

read more...
    0 18
    • BCDurham
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Brian, I would recommend using plan A. And yes the inputs 17/18 has one fader only. It sounds like you may need to consider upgrading to an X32 Rack in the future.
      • Feb 12
    • BCDurham
      AnthonieHunter Hi Brian, I would recommend using plan B, because connecting the audience mics to 17 & 18 is not going to work, as they are designed for Line level signals only, so connecting mics will give you hardly any sound at all. On the other hand 17 & 18 are a perfect match for the keyboard.
      I totally agree with Paul's advice to upgrade to an X32 rack (been there, done that :-)
      • Feb 14
    • BCDurham
      Paul_Vannatto Oops, Anthonie is right.
      • Feb 14
    • BCDurham
      BCDurham

Thanks guys! I will try the mics into the regular XLRs and the keyboard into the line-ins. And then I'll start doing car washes and selling lemonade to save up for an X32 : )

• Feb 14
  • New
    ib130258
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-05

Hi, I have this X18 now for years and made a lot of multichannel recordings with it. Nice little thing to work with on remote location. Many thanks for that.

But ... now I want to use this mixer as a "stereo" mixer with 2 independent stereo outputs: 1 for amplification to a stereo setup, the second to a analog stereo recording system (taperecorder - I know - old school). I thought I could use 'Main' for output 1 (that's fine) and bus output 1&2 for recording. Setting it up like that would even allow me to record 1 stereo source and listen to another. Anyway ...

So, all left channels of the inputs are set to bus 1 and all right channels to bus 2 (7 stereo inputs in total, using 14 input channels).

But it does no work when I try to use 'StereoLink' for the input channels (both input faders work together), because this directs both input channels to 1 bus in stead of 2 seperate busses, like I configured, resulting in a mono, 1 channel output. 

As far as I know, it is impossible to bypass the output for both input channels to different busses when 'StereoLink' is activated. It would be great to be able to maintain the different output busses. Can be done in the software, no? Or did I missed something? Can somebody help me with this?

read more...
    0 18
    • ib130258
      Paul_Vannatto You want to stereo link bus 1 and 2, not the channels.
      • September 5, 2021
    • ib130258
      ib130258 Yes, you are perfectly right. When the 2 busses are stereo linked, I can safely also stereo link the channels. I missed that option.
      Thank you so much for your help. I have to admit that this is the first time in all those years I had such a situation.
      It contributes to the ability of this small mixer. Great stuff!
      • September 6, 2021
  • New
    LuukvanKuipers
    Contributor - Level 3
    2021-11-02
    I expected that if I route the inputs from my SD16 to local 1-8/9-16 all channel settings previously set under 17-24/25-32 would move with it.
    But channel name, sends, pan and linked channels don't move with it, but gain settings do.
    Routing the SD16 back to 17-24/25-32 all channel gain settings are lost.

Is there an explicable reason for that?

read more...
    0 18
    • LuukvanKuipers
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Luuk, changing the input banks (of 8) from one bank to another (eg. from AES50 A1-8 to Local 1-8) has no affect on the channel strips settings. The only thing it will change is the what the respective channel source index is referencing. For example if channel 3 is assigned to the 3rd source (in the drop down list) and the Routing, Inputs changes from AES50 A1-8 to Local 1-8, channel 3 will have it's source change from AES50 3 to Local 3.

The gains (and phantom) are part of the actual preamps (located at the respective XLR inputs). So changing from AES50 A1-8 to Local 1-8, the gains (and phantom) will not be transferred. If you do need to copy from one bank of 8 gains/phantoms to another, both X32 Scene Parser and X32 Live Toolbox have tools to do that.
      • November 2, 2021
    • LuukvanKuipers
      LuukvanKuipers Hi Paul, That's a pity but is what it is. One small remark, the gain setting was the only setting that was moving with it.
      • November 3, 2021
  • New
    dagroch
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-07-12

Hi,

the only interface available for the WING is the Wing-Dante at the moment.

Anyone ever heard about a Wing-MADI card or a Wing-WSG (soundgrid) ?

Cheers

0 18
  • New
    tevro
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-03-12

Newcomer here - hope someone can help.

My setup:  I have an Android connected into the soundboard as directed, a Shure wireless mic into the first channel using an xlr, and digital speakers for the output. I've followed the helpful steps Rex outlined in a previous post and can get my mix into my Surface Pro 7, (finally!! what a breakthrough! I know this because I tried filming a little test video), but I can only do that if I use Spotify on the computer (not from my Android) and when I do that for some reason I can't HEAR the mix of my voice/music over the speakers to know how the mix is coming across when I livestream or record.  

When I use my Android as the music source, I can hear the mix of music/voice just fine over the speakers and hence control the balance of the mix, however, I can't get the mix to go into the computer to be able to livestream or record - I have to choose either the mic or the music.

Any suggestions how to somehow get music and voice through computer and speakers so that I can both record/stream and hear at the same time would be super helpful.

read more...
    0 17
    • tevro
      Dale_M This the way the mixer is designed and an explanation can be found here: https://youtu.be/1Bp9luuOQZY given the limitation of these smaller mixers the workaround would be to send audio from another device's headphone/line out (such as a phone/tablet/PC) and send this IN to the Xenyx on 2 of the available channels -a cable such as a 3.5mm stereo jack to 2x 1/4" jacks would work best.
      • Apr 8
Go to page