Statistics

299,773 members
183,550 posts
  • New
    ib130258
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-05

Hi, I have this X18 now for years and made a lot of multichannel recordings with it. Nice little thing to work with on remote location. Many thanks for that.

But ... now I want to use this mixer as a "stereo" mixer with 2 independent stereo outputs: 1 for amplification to a stereo setup, the second to a analog stereo recording system (taperecorder - I know - old school). I thought I could use 'Main' for output 1 (that's fine) and bus output 1&2 for recording. Setting it up like that would even allow me to record 1 stereo source and listen to another. Anyway ...

So, all left channels of the inputs are set to bus 1 and all right channels to bus 2 (7 stereo inputs in total, using 14 input channels).

But it does no work when I try to use 'StereoLink' for the input channels (both input faders work together), because this directs both input channels to 1 bus in stead of 2 seperate busses, like I configured, resulting in a mono, 1 channel output. 

As far as I know, it is impossible to bypass the output for both input channels to different busses when 'StereoLink' is activated. It would be great to be able to maintain the different output busses. Can be done in the software, no? Or did I missed something? Can somebody help me with this?

read more...
    0 18
    • ib130258
      Paul_Vannatto You want to stereo link bus 1 and 2, not the channels.
      • September 5, 2021
    • ib130258
      ib130258 Yes, you are perfectly right. When the 2 busses are stereo linked, I can safely also stereo link the channels. I missed that option.
      Thank you so much for your help. I have to admit that this is the first time in all those years I had such a situation.
      It contributes to the ability of this small mixer. Great stuff!
      • September 6, 2021
  • New
    LuukvanKuipers
    Contributor - Level 3
    2021-11-02
    I expected that if I route the inputs from my SD16 to local 1-8/9-16 all channel settings previously set under 17-24/25-32 would move with it.
    But channel name, sends, pan and linked channels don't move with it, but gain settings do.
    Routing the SD16 back to 17-24/25-32 all channel gain settings are lost.

Is there an explicable reason for that?

read more...
    0 18
    • LuukvanKuipers
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Luuk, changing the input banks (of 8) from one bank to another (eg. from AES50 A1-8 to Local 1-8) has no affect on the channel strips settings. The only thing it will change is the what the respective channel source index is referencing. For example if channel 3 is assigned to the 3rd source (in the drop down list) and the Routing, Inputs changes from AES50 A1-8 to Local 1-8, channel 3 will have it's source change from AES50 3 to Local 3.

The gains (and phantom) are part of the actual preamps (located at the respective XLR inputs). So changing from AES50 A1-8 to Local 1-8, the gains (and phantom) will not be transferred. If you do need to copy from one bank of 8 gains/phantoms to another, both X32 Scene Parser and X32 Live Toolbox have tools to do that.
      • November 2, 2021
    • LuukvanKuipers
      LuukvanKuipers Hi Paul, That's a pity but is what it is. One small remark, the gain setting was the only setting that was moving with it.
      • November 3, 2021
  • New
    filter55
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-03-08

Is the bluetooth audio just a receiver or is it possible to send a signal to a bluetooth headphone?

Thanks

0 18
  • New
    dagroch
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-07-12

Hi,

the only interface available for the WING is the Wing-Dante at the moment.

Anyone ever heard about a Wing-MADI card or a Wing-WSG (soundgrid) ?

Cheers

0 18
  • New
    tevro
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-03-12

Newcomer here - hope someone can help.

My setup:  I have an Android connected into the soundboard as directed, a Shure wireless mic into the first channel using an xlr, and digital speakers for the output. I've followed the helpful steps Rex outlined in a previous post and can get my mix into my Surface Pro 7, (finally!! what a breakthrough! I know this because I tried filming a little test video), but I can only do that if I use Spotify on the computer (not from my Android) and when I do that for some reason I can't HEAR the mix of my voice/music over the speakers to know how the mix is coming across when I livestream or record.  

When I use my Android as the music source, I can hear the mix of music/voice just fine over the speakers and hence control the balance of the mix, however, I can't get the mix to go into the computer to be able to livestream or record - I have to choose either the mic or the music.

Any suggestions how to somehow get music and voice through computer and speakers so that I can both record/stream and hear at the same time would be super helpful.

read more...
    0 17
    • tevro
      Dale_M This the way the mixer is designed and an explanation can be found here: https://youtu.be/1Bp9luuOQZY given the limitation of these smaller mixers the workaround would be to send audio from another device's headphone/line out (such as a phone/tablet/PC) and send this IN to the Xenyx on 2 of the available channels -a cable such as a 3.5mm stereo jack to 2x 1/4" jacks would work best.
      • Apr 8
  • New
    dgraid
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-04-01

I updated flow 8 to last firmware, and now it works very strange.

When I connect Headphones and set them to more then -7 db loudness - they turn off the sound on Headphones and Main output for a second on every peak limit.

So I can not use it with headphones anymore - only on pretty quite volume. I tried different headphones - same issue occures.

I tryed to downgrade the firmware - but i get an error on upgrade.

Anyone has the same issue?

read more...
    0 17
  • New
    Blackwido
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-03-14

Hi I have a row of 3 behringer pedals daisychained on a board. Last evening our power failed and come straight back on I went to use the pedals this morn and all 3are dead..tried them one by one nothing tried an old pedal on the power lead and it works are these repairable or of the throw away generation.regards

read more...
    0 17
    • Blackwido
      Dale_M Hi there it sounds like some kind of power surge has killed them, can you advise if they still work on battery power or is there no difference? I am afraid they are of such low value to purchase as an end user that a fault like this would make the beyond economic repair so you would likely be better to replace them.
      • Mar 14
  • New
    DavidSelf
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-11-13

Are the meters RMS or peak?  Can they be switched between RMS and peak?  If so, where do i change it?

0 17
  • New
    Richrae17
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-27

We have the Behringer x32 for our church sound system, yesterday I updated the firmware and lost all of the presets in the process. I cant find the monitors and need to know how.

0 17
    • Richrae17
      Paul_Vannatto Do you not have backup files of all your scenes, snippets and library presets? If not, they are gone. If you describe your setup (what everything is hooked up to) I can help you setup the routing.
      • October 27, 2021
  • New
    JonathanAllen
    Contributor - Level 1
    2022-03-20

We are a church that uses our X32 (current firmware) to mix for our service and send audio out for our live stream. We have the stream outputs set up on Bus 11/12. All our channels send to the busses post-fader so the house mix provides the starting point and then we adjust the sends to 11/12 to dial it in for the stream.

Everything has been fine until last week when the entire stream sounded strange. Things sounded almost robotic and there was a phaser effect on all of the music. We have no idea how it happened. We thought maybe it was a fluke, but we had exactly the same thing on the stream this weekend. It's definitely not an acceptable situation and we need to get it resolved for next week.

Has anyone experienced this before? Or, could you help us troubleshoot it? We've looked at everything we can think of, but obviously we're missing something.

First check was with the effects, of course. We use four send/return effects. A plate reverb on the singers, a vintage reverb on the drums, a hall reverb on the acoustic guitar, and a hall reverb that adds just a little presence to the stream as a whole. We use no insert effects. We looked at all the settings on the effects page and everything checks out as normal.

There is no issue in the main speakers or in our in-ear monitors. The problem is isolated to the stream.

We send the stream out from physical outputs 11/12 into an ATEM Studio Pro switcher, then into our iMac that streams to YouTube.

Any advice, thoughts, or questions are welcome. Thanks!

read more...
    0 17
    • JonathanAllen
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Jonathan. I would suggest you check the samplerate to make sure it matches in the X32, ATEM and iMac. It will either be 44.1K or 48K (the only choices available in the X32).
      • Mar 20
    • JonathanAllen
      KevinMaxwell The other ting that will cause that is you have something or things going thru 2 different paths so they are coming thru out of sync or out of phase. Go to your original post in this thread and paste your scene from the X32 here and we can take a look and should be able to tell you where the error is.
      • Mar 20
    • JonathanAllen
      JonathanAllen

I am uploading my scene file with this comment to see if anyone is able to help me further. I can’t find anything obvious.

The only thing that sticks out to me is that it sounds like maybe there is some sort of delay happening, like something is out of sync. I hear it clearly during the speaking portion of message. As time goes on the delay gets longer and shorter. Maybe that is the issue, but I don’t know how to track it down and fix it.

Here are a couple cues for the stream itself so you can hear what it is doing. The first is during the music where it sounds like a phaser is on the whole thing ( https://youtu.be/nLeUq7cC2PA?t=1657 ) and the second is during the message when you can hear the delay clearly ( https://youtu.be/nLeUq7cC2PA?t=2161 ). If you scrub though the message you can hear the differences.

I would really appreciate any insight you can give on this issue so we can get it fixed before this coming weekend. Thanks!

• Mar 23
    • JonathanAllen
      JonathanAllen Here is the scene file. I had to ZIP it because the SCN wouldn't upload.

Carolina Family.scn.zip
      • Mar 23
    • JonathanAllen
      JonathanAllen

Carolina Family.zip
      • Mar 23
Go to page