Statistics

293,644 members
176,670 posts
  • New
    bfrank
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-02-16

Hi everyone

just got an X Air 18. Works great with the iPad app but can't connect to my Mac running Monterey (latest version). I've seen that there is some discussion about Big Sur compatibility but nothing about Monterey. Any ideas on how to connect?  Really, I just want to update firmware on the 18 but can't do it without connecting to a computer. 

thanks for your help!

Bobby

read more...
    0 11
    • bfrank
      Dnoffsinger73 Anyone have the part # for the hf driver for a behringer 1220? Thanks
      • Feb 16
    • bfrank
      Paul_Vannatto Dnoffsinger73, your question has nothing to do with the original question of this discussion. Please delete your post and start a new discussion.
      • Feb 16
  • New
    Gravitymike
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-07-08

can i fit any dante card, other than the xdante behringer has for sale, as, there are far better cards out there and its kind of ruining me even bothering to purchase an X32, so to re-elaborate the question is can i fit any dante card ?

1 11
    • Gravitymike
      Gravitymike it would make more sense if behringer just sold a card caddy and i could choose which dante card i wanted, from dante
      • Jul 8
    • Gravitymike
      Paul_Vannatto You either choose to purchase the X32 with its limitations or you don't. I don't see how this is "ruining" you. The problem with trying to use a non-Behringer dante card is that you have to install the Behringer firmware to that card in order for it to work with the console. If you are referring to other cards with more channels (eg. 64), that will never work with the X32, since the card channel I/O is limited to 32 by the built-in DSP of the X32 itself.

If you do require a dante card with 64 channels, get the Wing instead.
      • Jul 8
      • Behringer X32 Products and dante cards
        Tgabis57 Hi Paul - I have a Dante card that was installed in a Midas M32 desk. I installed in an X32 Rack, and when we hooked it up to a Yamaha Rio rack, Dante Controller was seeing both units, and I got green check marks for all 32 channels, but no audio was coming through. Any thoughts on this?
        • Aug 3
    • Gravitymike
      GaryHiggins Beside what Paul said…the XDante card is a card caddy of sorts, that is the actual Dante card installs in the expansion card…physically all Brooklyn II cards are the same size so if it makes you happy, Use what you like in it…firmware would need to be installed…and no guarantees it ever does what you want. The X32 can use only 32 ch’s so 32 or smaller could work….not sure what that gets you that would be better. You get a fully functional 32 ch Brooklyn II card in it already. You must have the expansion card anyway to use any Dante card.
      • Jul 9
    • Gravitymike
      Gravitymike

higher quality sampling of hardware instruments is the aim, preferably, i do believe, x32 and mixers in general are a waste of time in the hobby, bedroom, producer world, a eurorack solution that basically has dante or some other card like waves, alongside 3.5mm jack modules or a mixture, a sort of mix and match of modules with different connectors and a connection to multi-tracking via ethernet to and from pc would be much more suited, there quite high powered these days and daw is full of dsp anyway its grouping of channels way more advanced, tolerance way better in all situations, i believe an x32 is all about live performance boost and tidy and not really producing at all. also cant seem to find any mono 3.5mm jacks to XLR ........ ITS A JOKE most days. so this solution with the ability to install whatever card you so wish, a simple interface with xlr for monitors and a headphone out and a mixture of jack 3.5mm or 6mm or xlr modules in - out would make more sense in such a small environment. why no one has invented this, or why its not even on the market (a real product being sold already) makes no sense what so ever considering the intelligence of the world, business let down always seems to avail despite simple routes that are more sustainable and common and sensible, speaks volumes on the dumb'ed down fart out business prat incitements we see no real round of applause for everyday.

• Jul 9
      • Behringer X32 Products and dante cards
        GaryHiggins I was talking about the X32 system with Dante which I thought was what you asked about-Other Dante cards being used in an X32. If you are talking about a Dante system that is not X32 related there are lots of products out there. Many that offer multiple channels are very expensive, more than an X32 with a n X-Dante card put together.
        • ·
        • Jul 10
    • Gravitymike
      Gravitymike

i'm just understanding limitations and possible practices

• Jul 10
  • New
    Dvoxrox
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-04-13

Hi, I'm getting sound through the board from the headphone output on the board but I can't get audio to record.

I'm able to record from the main 1/4in jacks and XLRs. But I need to use the RCA inputs due to low line level (my input source is 1.8in jack to RCAs) But I'm unable to record from the TAPE/CD inputs. Is there something I need to select on the board to record from this source? Thanks!   

read more...
    0 11
    • Dvoxrox
      DanaT On my X32, I go to Routing, Aux Outs and then select L/R for my Aux Outs 5/6. These outs run into my Tascam RW 900 MK II Digital CD Player/Recorder. So anything coming out of my mains will be recorded post fader. (The same level as my master fader). The software I use is X32 Edit.
      • Apr 14
  • New
    Hirsute
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2022-02-02

Hi Guys, 

Sorry for posting this as a new query, but my search engine tels me there are no articles on USB at all! (I don't believe it)

However, a simple one I hope.  I have a fat32 formatted usb stick 32Gb.  When I record onto it and try to play back it seems to be playing back at double speed - Any suggestions?

This is the USB on the top of the console, so not sample rate variance as far as I can see...

Neil

read more...
    0 11
    • Hirsute
      Paul_Vannatto Welcome to our wonderful (and useless) search engine - that doesn't work. Is the USB stick 3.0? If so, that would explain the problem. The X32 USB port is 2.0 and doesn't like 3.0 devices. Interestingly, I just discovered that the USB port on the top of the Wing likes USB sticks 3.1 and 3.2, but doesn't work well with 2.0. Go figure.
      • Feb 2
  • New
    k3pto
    Contributor - Level 2
    2022-06-15

I have been using an X32 for about 3 years and have two questions:

1) why you would use a Matrix Mix instead of a Mix Bus?

2) when using a Matrix Mix, how can I see on a meter what level is being sent to the output?

0 11
    • k3pto
      Paul_Vannatto Channel signals are sent to mixbuses (including the Main LR and MC). Mixbus signals are sent to matrixes. So if you want to combine multiple mixbuses, you would use a matrix (or matrix pair).

If you want to see the matrix levels (meter), select the 4th layer (Matrix 1-6 Main C) of the right group of channel strips.
      • Jun 15
    • k3pto
      k3pto Hi Paul, Thank you for the reply. Since all inputs are available to all MixBuses, why not simply use another MixBus with the desired inputs? The meters for the individual Matrix Mixes do not have much resolution. Also they display the input level to the mix - not its output.
      • Jun 15
    • k3pto
      Paul_Vannatto An application example for a matrix is a typical smaller church setup. Some inputs go to the FOH speakers, others do not (eg. drums, piano, etc.). But these are needed for hearing assist or livestream output. The non-FOH inputs can be sent to a mixbus stereo linked pair, then both Main LR and non-FOH can be sent to a matrix stereo linked pair to be outputted for hearing assist and/or livestream.
      • Jun 15
  • New
    dagroch
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-07-12

Hi,

the only interface available for the WING is the Wing-Dante at the moment.

Anyone ever heard about a Wing-MADI card or a Wing-WSG (soundgrid) ?

Cheers

0 11
  • New
    DomitianX
    Contributor - Level 2
    2022-02-21
    Here is my dilemma, I have my X32 X-Live card connected to my MacBook via USB. System Preferences -> Sounds shows, and I have selected, X-Live USB as the Input.

But nothing I play through the X32 comes out of the MacBook speakers.

Now, if I fire up Logic Pro X and set the X-Live as the Interface and arm the channels, I can hear what I am putting into the X32. So clearly its "working".

But why can't I hear it when I am not using Logic?

macOS Monterey. X-Live and X32 on latest firmware.
    read more...
    0 10
  • New
    PatrickGMaillot
    Valued Contributor - Level 2
    2022-03-14

Hello,

wxfade has been upgraded to 3.0, with the addition of direct (in-line command with -a, -o, -z options) and file (with -F option) loading of buttons and associated ON and [optional] OFF snippets load capability. All buttons work on a toggle basis to enable stable loading of ON or [optional] OFF snippet for the respective button value. But they can self-modify and become 'push' rather than 'toggle' type. In that case, PPT or 'fugitive' actions (still with separate ON and OFF snippet capability) open a new set of functions WING does not offer natively. In addition, rather than loading a snippet, you can reference another file containing new button definitions to allow an infinite, menu or browse-like organization of button-base functionality on WING.
    Check out the 3 wxfade related videos in the 'Video' section of https://x32ram.com, to see the program in action. In the 'Products' section, you can download/read the documentation for the program.

wxfade finally brings most of the features a lot of users have been waiting for a long time now. For live, studio, or just general management of scenes.

Further additions are still possible and will be added with time or on requests from actual users.

read more...
    0 10
  • New
    Ccak
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-07-16

Is there anywhere an XR18 or XR16 can be purchased? Any help?

0 10
    • Ccak
      PedroRodrigues Hi Ccak, thank you for your post, I would suggest following the link below to access our network of Partners and Resellers and contact some of our partners on your region to request information on the availability of the XR18 and XR16 .
      https://www.behringer.com/buy.html

I hope this helps.
      Thank you
      • Jul 16
  • New
    Mike7300
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-07-17

Just got back from a gig and noticed the top piece to the antenna broke off....does anyone know of the mixer will still work like this or is it trash now?

0 10
    • Mike7300
      KyleJohnson Hello, Kyle here with Music Tribe. The antenna may still function without the plastic cover, but I'd recommend ordering a new part. You can contact our spare parts team but submitting a Spare Parts ticket through the Support tab at the top of the page.
      • Jul 17
    • Mike7300
      Mike7300

Ok thank you! Was already afraid this would happen , it’s the one thing on the unit that I felt was a bit flimsy

• Jul 17
    • Mike7300
      Mike7300

Ok thank you! Was already afraid this would happen , it’s the one thing on the unit that I felt was a bit flimsy

• Jul 17
Go to page