Statistics

289,925 members
172,500 posts
  • New
    Jaessr666
    Contributor - Level 1
    2022-04-06

Hi guys,

i've searched a long time for the past few days with no luck.

On the Wing Is there a way to assign the Monitor Level/Solo Level to a Fader (preferrably the Master Fader) rather than having this stupid Rotary knob on the left top side?

It's a real pain while doing monitors to have no physical Fader for solo Cue Level and always have to use the Rotary knob with no visual feedback where 0 db is like a fader would do.

Any help would be really appreaciated as this is in fact a reason why i would send back that console and use a different brand.

cheers

read more...
    0 9
    • Jaessr666
      PatrickGMaillot I don't think there's a direct way to do what you want. There's no option to assign a monitor level to a fader (as opposed to assign a ch, dca, bus, fx, or midi CC). The only way I could think of is by using an external app that would capture a fader level (for example a midi CC assigned to a user layer fader to avoid interfering with any channel fader) and in response would set the monitor level accordingly, mapping correctly the 0dB 'centers'.

EDIT: I actually tried it :) using MidiOSCProxy (small utility I wrote), and assigning MIDI ch 4 CC 11 to fader #1, then using fader #1 as the controller to monitor 2 level. The command line in MidiOSCProxy, converting the received MIDI data [0..127] to float [-xx...10] is simple: "B0 4 11 127 | /cfg/mon/2/$lvl ,f [$2 117 -] # On ch 4, cc11, Mon 2 level follows MIDI data"...
      Then comes a real problem... the fader will control Mon 2 level OK, as expected, but after 1 second or so, the board will set the monitor level to whatever the rotary pot/knob is, no matter what. So if the surface pot is at 12:00 which is approx -11dB for the monitor level, I can pull down the fader to -oo and that brings down the monitor level to -oo, but 1 second after, it will come back to the 12:00/-11db value enforced by the surface pot. Same if instead, I push the fader to +10... monitor goes to +10 too and 1 second afte comes back to the -11db value enforced by the pot value.

To me this is not a correct behavior, and then one can wonder what the mon/2/$lvl command is useful for if it's systematically overwritten by the surface control knob/pot value.

EDIT-2: Behringer says the mon $lvl parameter should be considered Read-only on the full scale console as it is directly linked/related to the surface control potentiometer.

EDIT-3: When the parameter will be RO (in a future FW update) the glitch in monitor level will no longer take place as the data sent by a native or OSC command will be totally ignored.
      • Apr 7
  • New
    McElviss
    Contributor - Level 2
    2022-02-14

Hi, we use an X-Touch connected to an Xr16 for live use. I'm struggling to find anything that tells me what I can control if I attach footswitches or an expression pedal, how to assign/configure etc. Do they work in Xctl?

Any pointers or links greatly appreciated

read more...
    0 9
  • New
    Scottjo1964
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-02-21

Well, it's not a strange sound, it's just NOT suppsed to be there.  I've had my UB1222FXPRO hanging in the same spot for over two years. Like everything else, it has it's pros and cons.  So I guess it got bored and started producing a "room echo" with anything coming out of the Mains. The signal is finefrom the CD-OUT, the headphones, and the Mains.  

To be clear, there's noting engaged in the signal path. Any input, in any channel produces the echo.  AND, as I mentioned, only the headphone works correctly.  I have postulated and executed every wiring combo that should work. Then I tried others I knew would work, just to elminate the possibilities.

My strongest thoughts are the parts are separating from the boards.  Old solder joints or may be some other broken connections. Which means, I have open and hunt. Which is normally not an issue with any other electronics I've worked on in my 40 years of being Tech man, but I worked on an UB1822FX looking for a break in the signal chain.  I drove me get drunk every night to reduce the pain. The boards have a lot of mechanical connections. Swithces, fadders, pot, plugs so I expected wide open citcuit boards.  I WAS SOOOO wrong! I don't want to go through that mess again!

So if you read this, knowing done everything short of surgery and you have any idea, let me know.

Mr. Scott

Note; I usually have everything neat and tidy, but. 

read more...
    0 8
  • New
    k3pto
    Contributor - Level 2
    2022-02-03

Hi,

How can I send all audio input channels from the primary X32 to a secondary X32?

0 8
    • k3pto
      Paul_Vannatto Send the inputs via the AES50 (A or B), using the Routing, AES50 screen. Also make sure that only one of the X32 is setup as the master clock.
      • Feb 2
  • New
    Caught exception: Specified column "user_id" is not in the row
  • New
    sammylevz
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-30

Does anyone know if the X-touch will work with the Mackie DL16s? I really want this to be a thing, and if so has someone done a tutorial?

0 8
  • New
    Macbach
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-30

Hi folks,

I have a Behringer XR 18 and a few P2 in-ear beltpacks. I have combined AUX1/2 for stereo use and need a coble from 2*XLR female to stereo 6.3 mm jack.....Where can I find such a cable or how can maker this cable myself. What would be the pin connection for this type of cable?

read more...
    0 8
  • New
    conorknight
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-12-17

hey guys i've recently acquired a behringer mx1604a and am looking for a power supply for it. can anybody help please? :)

0 8
    • conorknight
      Paul_Vannatto That mixer is nearly 20 years old. I had one (way back when). So I doubt that there will be any power supply around, other than maybe ebay.
      • December 17, 2021
  • New
    colin2000
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-30

The AES50 ports on my X32 have failed and it isn't cost effective to repair.  I have an unusual question.  Can an S32 on stage be connected via cat5e to and an S32 at the mixer, which is used as the ports for analog input/output to the X32 (ie the S32s are not connected to the AES50 ports on the X32)?  So I would be using one S32 as a transmitter and the other as a receiver and converter of digital signal.

read more...
    0 8
    • colin2000
      KyleJohnson Hello, Kyle here with Music Tribe. Unfortunately no the S32 units can not be set up in a standalone operation. The Behringer S16 units can be set up as a standalone snake because they have their own Master clock setting.
      • May 30
    • colin2000
      colin2000

Are you saying the function that I am proposing to do can be done with the S16?

• May 30
  • New
    Guitarandharp
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-07

Guys I need some help buing a mixwer with audio interface

I have Xenyx 802 and as it does not have audio interface I use UCA 202

I need to record my electric guitar + Vocal ( condensor) + Keyboard  midi and another channel for harmonica

So I need to upgrade  I need to have stereo each separate channel so I can edit them for example edit vocal etc in my software

So I suppose I need a mixer that has audio interface right? Can you please suggest some thing . I have tight budget but I do not want to sacrifice things

thanks

read more...
    0 8
Go to page