Statistics

299,408 members
183,153 posts
  • New
    JarodBroughton
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-12-16

Recently I updated our X32 to version 4.06. Ever since then I can't seem to get my monitor sends on mix buses to work correctly.

I use mix busses to send to a S16 stagebox and then to a behringer 8000 for monitor distrbution. Select channel, sends on fader, adjust mix - boom - good to go. 

But the behaviour that is happening now I can't seem to correct. Each channel in the monitor is independant (ie. channel 1 will monitor only channel 1, channel 2 will monitor only channel 2 etc. ) No matter how much I mix using "sends on faders" I will only ever get one channel through my in ear monitors. 

Has anyone come across this before? If requested I can provide more specific information about routing etc.

Thanks,

read more...
    0 11
    • JarodBroughton
      Paul_Vannatto I would check the Routing, AES50 (A or B depending on which is connected to the S16) screen assignments. The check the appropriate patch screen(s) (eg. Out 1-16, Aux Out, P16 or User In) to find out what has been assigned. If you still can't figure it out, export your scene to a file, save to the cloud (eg. Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.) and share the link here. That way we can have a look and better advise.
      • December 15, 2021
  • New
    davepeltoncox
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-04-05

I have recently purchased a XAIR X18 Mixer. I use an iPad to control it. Problem-free except I'm trying to set up in-ear personal monitors using the BUSS Aux outs. I have followed several YouTube tutorials but can only get one channel into the BUSS. I did notice that the iVive transmitter has two settings, "line" and "aux". I unwittingly had it set on "aux". Would that potentially be a factor? Any help would be appreciated.

read more...
    0 11
    • davepeltoncox
      Nigel67 Hi, could you supply some more information please. Is the problem that you cannot get the audio inputs to show up on the input channels, or you can see audio on the input channels but cannot assign those inputs to the busses? Are you using the XLR inputs or USB inputs? I am sorry, but I do not know what an iVive is? Are you seeing metering on the bus output meters for the relevant channels? If so, then it is more than likely that you have audio on the XLR output. If you are using analogue inputs and the Bus outputs, then these are routed correctly as default so it would just be a case of turning up the sends of the inputs to the busses and adjusting the Bus output faders. If you could send more information, then we can help you further.
      • Apr 5
  • New
    Guitarandharp
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-07

Guys I need some help buing a mixwer with audio interface

I have Xenyx 802 and as it does not have audio interface I use UCA 202

I need to record my electric guitar + Vocal ( condensor) + Keyboard  midi and another channel for harmonica

So I need to upgrade  I need to have stereo each separate channel so I can edit them for example edit vocal etc in my software

So I suppose I need a mixer that has audio interface right? Can you please suggest some thing . I have tight budget but I do not want to sacrifice things

thanks

read more...
    0 11
  • New
    DougDeMarche
    Contributor - Level 2
    2022-09-16

Did it work?

View Attachment
    0 11
    • DougDeMarche
      DougDeMarche Paul Vannatto ?
      • Sep 15
    • DougDeMarche
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Doug, just got my laptop back from a church that I had accidentally left it. Yes your scene was attached. What's up?
      • Sep 15
    • DougDeMarche
      DougDeMarche It’s kind of a template for a show this coming weekend. It’s just a starting point but I’m wondering if you have any thoughts on things I could template better. I am playing and running from stage so I think I am going to run the monitors pre-fader. Seems like the I/O page shows one thing and sends shows something different. Thanks as always Paul
      • Sep 15
    • DougDeMarche
      Paul_Vannatto Hey Doug, looking at the I/O in the Routing screens and there are definite issues.

On the Input screen, it shows that the first 3 banks of inputs are from the AES50 A. Evidently you are using one or more stageboxes. But on the AES50 screen (outputs to the stageboxes), the 3rd and 4th banks have AES50 A17-24 and A25-32 (inputs) assigned, meaning that these AES50 inputs are being sent back out the stagebox outputs - which doesn't make sense.

Also AES50 A 5th and 6th banks have the Out 1-8 assigned to both. If you are using the Ultranet outputs of the stageboxes, they will get their signals from these banks.

Finally, if you are using the AES50 B port, the first 2 output banks are assigned AES50 A1-8 and A9-16.

On the XLR screen (which assigns signals to the XLR outputs on the back of the X32), the first 2 banks (of 4) have Local 1-4 and 5-8 respectively. Local are the physical XLR inputs on the back of the X32. That means that whatever you have plugged into the first 8 XLR inputs are going directly out the XLR outputs - doesn't make sense.

If you can explain exactly what is hooked up to what and what signals you want to these outputs, I can help fix this for you.
      • Sep 15
    • DougDeMarche
      DougDeMarche Ummm…I’m using XR12
      • Sep 15
  • New
    pilgrims1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-29

When I using great WING console....

I often connect multiple audio sources via DL32 or Dante audio inputs.

and doing multi recording via wlive card,

It is so boring work naming again to WLIVE input name and config(Mono/Stereo/M/S, pol, color,....)

I have to naming and set config twice in every over 40 channels.

So if you development team....

Follow Source Name & config to every inputs(include wlive input) ( option )

would be great for your customers.

One time naming and setting config would be apply to input channels and WLive inputs.

Thanks for your reading.

read more...
    0 11
  • New
    NickR
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-26

Hi I purchased a Q1202USB and the power unit is humming/buzzing it's really noisy and obviously annoying. Is there anything I can do. Or maybe this would be something that Behringer would send me a replacement please??? 

0 11
  • New
    Gravitymike
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-07-08

can i fit any dante card, other than the xdante behringer has for sale, as, there are far better cards out there and its kind of ruining me even bothering to purchase an X32, so to re-elaborate the question is can i fit any dante card ?

1 11
    • Gravitymike
      Gravitymike it would make more sense if behringer just sold a card caddy and i could choose which dante card i wanted, from dante
      • Jul 8
    • Gravitymike
      Paul_Vannatto You either choose to purchase the X32 with its limitations or you don't. I don't see how this is "ruining" you. The problem with trying to use a non-Behringer dante card is that you have to install the Behringer firmware to that card in order for it to work with the console. If you are referring to other cards with more channels (eg. 64), that will never work with the X32, since the card channel I/O is limited to 32 by the built-in DSP of the X32 itself.

If you do require a dante card with 64 channels, get the Wing instead.
      • Jul 8
      • Behringer X32 Products and dante cards
        Tgabis57 Hi Paul - I have a Dante card that was installed in a Midas M32 desk. I installed in an X32 Rack, and when we hooked it up to a Yamaha Rio rack, Dante Controller was seeing both units, and I got green check marks for all 32 channels, but no audio was coming through. Any thoughts on this?
        • Aug 3
    • Gravitymike
      GaryHiggins Beside what Paul said…the XDante card is a card caddy of sorts, that is the actual Dante card installs in the expansion card…physically all Brooklyn II cards are the same size so if it makes you happy, Use what you like in it…firmware would need to be installed…and no guarantees it ever does what you want. The X32 can use only 32 ch’s so 32 or smaller could work….not sure what that gets you that would be better. You get a fully functional 32 ch Brooklyn II card in it already. You must have the expansion card anyway to use any Dante card.
      • Jul 9
    • Gravitymike
      Gravitymike

higher quality sampling of hardware instruments is the aim, preferably, i do believe, x32 and mixers in general are a waste of time in the hobby, bedroom, producer world, a eurorack solution that basically has dante or some other card like waves, alongside 3.5mm jack modules or a mixture, a sort of mix and match of modules with different connectors and a connection to multi-tracking via ethernet to and from pc would be much more suited, there quite high powered these days and daw is full of dsp anyway its grouping of channels way more advanced, tolerance way better in all situations, i believe an x32 is all about live performance boost and tidy and not really producing at all. also cant seem to find any mono 3.5mm jacks to XLR ........ ITS A JOKE most days. so this solution with the ability to install whatever card you so wish, a simple interface with xlr for monitors and a headphone out and a mixture of jack 3.5mm or 6mm or xlr modules in - out would make more sense in such a small environment. why no one has invented this, or why its not even on the market (a real product being sold already) makes no sense what so ever considering the intelligence of the world, business let down always seems to avail despite simple routes that are more sustainable and common and sensible, speaks volumes on the dumb'ed down fart out business prat incitements we see no real round of applause for everyday.

• Jul 9
      • Behringer X32 Products and dante cards
        GaryHiggins I was talking about the X32 system with Dante which I thought was what you asked about-Other Dante cards being used in an X32. If you are talking about a Dante system that is not X32 related there are lots of products out there. Many that offer multiple channels are very expensive, more than an X32 with a n X-Dante card put together.
        • ·
        • Jul 10
    • Gravitymike
      Gravitymike

i'm just understanding limitations and possible practices

• Jul 10
  • New
    scjohnson17
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2022-07-11

I did a firmware update and now need assistance in trying to repatch the output.  I got the inputs configured through the AES 50A port and local.  On my S 32 I'm trying to output through output 1 into my PA system, which was the configuration prior to the firmware update. Currently, input 1 outputs through output one, input two outputs through output two… And so on. I need all the channels routed through output 1  on the S 32 stage box.  I just can't figure it out with this new firmware version 4.06. Thanks

read more...
    0 11
    • scjohnson17
      Paul_Vannatto Your inputs need to be assigned on the Routing, Input screen, not the AES50 Screen. The AES50 screen is used to assign the outputs to the stageboxes, etc. (in banks of 8). Default assignments should be Out 1-8, Out 9-16, etc. Then you need to go to the Routing, Out 1-16 screen to assign the individual outputs to make up these banks of 8 for the AES50 outputs.
      • Jul 10
  • New
    RichardLussier
    Contributor - Level 2
    2022-05-04

Hi, I would like to see an indicator on the hardware when the threshold is hit on the compressor, like the offset light or something.

Also, I would like to know what the parameters are set to, like attack, release, ratio ?

Thank you

Richard

read more...
    0 11
  • New
    Mike7300
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-06-15

I have an x32 Rack and an SD8.  Currently my main speakers are plugged into Outs 7 and 8 in the X32.  Is it possible for me to move those to the first two outs on my SD8 (They would become Outs 9 and 10) but keep all other outputs the same as they are now? 

I have another in ear monitor system that I want to use for those outs 7 and 8 in the X32.

read more...
    0 11
    • Mike7300
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Mike, assuming you are using the Routing, Out 1-16 screen to assign the individual outputs, shift the Main L & R from the outputs 7/8 to 9/10. Then on the Routing, AES50 screen, assign the Out 1-8 and 9-16 to the first banks of outputs of the AES50 A or B (depending on which port you are using on the back of the X32 Rack). Finally, on the side of the SD8 (where the AES50 ports are), change the output switch to 9-16
      • Jun 15
      • X32 Rack Outputs Question
        Mike7300 Should it be virtual outs 9 and 10 that I assign the mains to?
        • Jun 15
    • Mike7300
      Mike7300 How do I get 9-16 to show up in the aux outs? I did everything else you said and all seems good.
      • Jun 15
    • Mike7300
      Paul_Vannatto Yes use virtual outputs 9 and 10. Why are you wanting to trying to add 9-16 to the Aux Out? There are only 6 physical Aux Outs on the back of the console. Please re-read my original response, since I never referred to the Aux Outs. If you want to send the Main LR to the SD8 stagebox, it has to be done via AES50 (A or B). Therefore assign the Out 1-8 and Out 9-16 to the respective AES50 output banks.
      • Jun 15
    • Mike7300
      Paul_Vannatto By the way, when doing routing, I never do it with a tablet. Those apps are designed for mixing, not for setup including routing. I always use either the console interface or the X32-Edit app (for Windows, Mac, linux or Raspberry Pi).
      • Jun 15
    • Mike7300
      Mike7300

Ok thanks. ignore the one for the aux outs - I had meant the analog outs. I got the main LR routed to the stage box with no issue using virtual outs 9 and 10. I rerouted 7 and 8 to mix buses - all seems correct but those mix buses aren’t getting an signal coming through when using my in ear monitor.

• Jun 15
Go to page