Statistics

299,768 members
183,545 posts
  • New
    McElviss
    Contributor - Level 2
    2022-02-14

Hi, we use an X-Touch connected to an Xr16 for live use. I'm struggling to find anything that tells me what I can control if I attach footswitches or an expression pedal, how to assign/configure etc. Do they work in Xctl?

Any pointers or links greatly appreciated

read more...
    0 10
  • New
    Larfleeze22
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-08-26

I bought an x32 compact a few months back, lcd screen was damaged during a gig, I had it replaced but I can't find the cover replacement, the part with the meeters 

the part number and description per the service manual:

Y63-00000-49750 -- PLASTIC;P0AAQ;PC (Polycarbonate);LENS;TRANSPARENT;P0AAQDISPLAY-OVERLAY-REVA

Where can I buy it? 

read more...
    0 10
  • New
    Soccerman58
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-06-09

Hi

I just loaded X32 Edit on my computer. When I opened it up on my big monitor it did not scale to fit the whole screen properly (see picture please). I mean, it IS fitting the screen, but not properly. I have a great big blank space in the middle and bottom.

I don't have this issue with an AIR-18, so I am not sure if there is a problem here or not. But of course I want it to scale better.

I suppose it COULD be because I am not actually connected to the mixer yet, but I doubt it.

Thanks

Phil

read more...
    0 10
    • Soccerman58
      Paul_Vannatto First of all, you have the X32-Edit app in full screen mode. Top right corner are 3 Windows icons. The middle one is the toggle for window/fullscreen. Once you have it set as a window (not fullscreen), the top right corner of the X32-Edit (Resize) provides you to resize and scale as desired). What I do is adjust the window to the height I want, then click on the Resize button, then Window Height.
      • Jun 9
    • Soccerman58
      Soccerman58 Hi Paul. OK, thank you. Phil
      • Jun 10
  • New
    DadBand
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-12-29

Five-piece Dad Band looking to bring our sound into one sock, so to speak, to make it clearer and more controllable for both live and practice sessions, and perhaps to record a little....

We are getting ready to pull the trigger on a mixer...

In - Mikes 1-4, Keyboards (stereo), Guitar (stereo), bass guitar, guitar, e-drums. I figure that we need at least 9 channels in, two of which seem to need to be stereo (the keyboards and guitar have stereo out - perhaps we can use just one of those two channels and make it 8 channels?)

Out - Mains 1 and 2 to powered speakers, and monitors 1-4 to an 8-channel amp and four speakers. (We'd like to be able to send a different monitor mix to each of the four monitors, which we could by running the ins to four channels on our monitor amp and using L/R and Main/Monitor to direct a unique mix to each speaker. Plausible?)

My thinking is that we need a mixer with at least 10 channels in and L-R main channels out, with four aux busses for the four monitor channels we want to take out. (Individual mixes for the four monitors is a nice to have but not a requirement BTW - we could take two monitor channels out with different mixes, for instance.)

We are looking at the Behringer X AIR XR16 (https://www.behringer.com/product.html?modelCode=P0BI7) but are also thinking that it's a little deeper in capabilities than we could understand or use (being pretty casual users). But it would be nice to be able to dial in the sound from out front.

Would a simpler, analog mixer, like the Behringer QX2442USB (https://www.behringer.com/product.html?modelCode=P0AL3) be a better bet? Seems like you can get a lot more channels (and I don't yet know what we'd use them for but let's say we got another keyboard or added another mike) for about the same price and not pay for a lot of deep capabilities that we'd not understand and/or never use.

As always, thanks. I am the guy who knows how to plug everything in without blowing anything up and so am seen as the sound expert in the band, but I am at the edge of my competence here....

read more...
    0 10
    • DadBand
      Paul_Vannatto You will thank yourself down the road by going digital (trust me). Since going to a digital console in 2012, I'd never want to go back to using an analog console. The learning curve isn't that difficult and there are lots of tutorials (documents and YouTube videos) for both consoles, as well as lots of X-Air users that you can ask questions (here or other forums or groups).

The choice on which digital console will depend on whether you want to record stereo to a USB stick (XR16) or record multi-track (XR18) for future post mixing.
      • December 29, 2021
  • New
    Severt
    Contributor - Level 3
    2022-06-10

I want to add reverb to three vocal mics.  I can send their individual channels to FX2.  I would prefer to group all three channels onto the same mixbus and then send that mixbus to FX2.  After spending an hour at the board, I have no way to do this.  I am correct that I cannot send a mixbus to and FX channel.  If it can be done, tell me how to do it.  When I select sends from the mixbus, it looks like I can only send to matrix1-6.  

Thanks for any help!

read more...
    0 10
    • Severt
      CraigFowler Channels feed buses, buses feed FX engines. If you look at the FX engines, it'll show you that FX1-4 are being fed (by default) by bus13-16. When you say you can "send individual channels to FX2" what is actually happening is you're sending individual channels to bus14, and bus14 is automatically feeding FX2. You're already doing what you want.
      • Jun 10
    • Severt
      Severt

Thanks for the info! The manual is very confusing. This is much simpler explanation.

• Jun 11
  • New
    dmahalko
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-04-13

I work for a tiny K-12 school district which does not have an auditorium but rather a "gymnatorium" where we have to share space for concerts with the athletic director. Nothing can be permanent, everything is on wheels.

We do not have room to upgrade a much more expensive mixer console desk with 64 permanently mounted input sliders.

Although the overlapped 1-16 / 17-32 / Aux / Effects input banks of the X32 are useful for our small venue, there are times where I would like to have more input or output banks exposed and accessible at the same time.

It seems workable to have a bank of 8 sliders, scribble strip, and signal level indicators of the X32 broken out into a "sidecar" that plugs into the X32 and provides access to the grouped/paged banks for input or output.

These could then be daisy-chained to the X32 to expose any number of the input or output channels, without taking up space with redundant controls such as for equalization.

For the input bank, the number of group selection buttons would be doubled to work with 8 sliders. The output bank controls could be positioned on the right side of the sidecar.

Dale Mahalko, Gilman, WI, USA

read more...
    0 10
    • dmahalko
      AnthonieHunter For a 10 year old mixer (which is still great by the way) it is unlikely that Behringer develops a new 'sidecar' product.
      The most flexible option for you could be to use a laptop as 'sidecar' running X32-Edit, where you can configure any combination of faders to expand your workspace.
      You might need some time to adapt to this way of virtual mixing, but for me it works perfect for 10 years already.
      It took me 1 or 2 gigs to adjust (first XR18 and now X32 Rack) and I never looked back.
      • Apr 15
    • dmahalko
      MikeJorden Have you looked at the X-Touch? It may provide exactly what you need. It can add 8 additional faders that replicate faders on the X32/M32. (It doesn't provide additional inputs - it only provide remote control of existing X32 channels). It connects via Ethernet (X-Control). Check out the release note on the X-Touch firmware updates - I believe this control is mentioned there. I used it in a show recently and it worked amazingly well.
      • Apr 15
  • New
    PlayerErick
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-04

Using the Behringer X18 as an audio interface - I've connected it to a computer via USB for recording in my DAW.  It appears to bypass the channel strip on the X18.  The preamp GAIN is the only thing that affects the audio that hits the DAW.  We are using it to record a podcast with several mics. The DAW sees all the channels correctly and is, more or less, working perfectly :)  But, I would like to use the compressor on each channel before it hits my DAW to reduce some of the peaks.  Is that possible?

read more...
    0 10
    • PlayerErick
      Paul_Vannatto In the Routing section, USB Sends screen, change the taps to Pre Fader. That tap will include the gain, gate, EQ and compressor.
      • May 4
    • PlayerErick
      PlayerErick

Thank you so much!

• May 4
  • New
    dukeofokc
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-09-28

I've tried to submit a repair twice and they just closed the ticket.

0 9
    • dukeofokc
      NicJonesMT Hi DukeofOKC.
      Can you please provide me with the ticket numbers and I can check the status of them.
      Please also check your Spam/Junk inbox as sometimes our emails can be routed to here.
      • Sep 28
    • dukeofokc
      dukeofokc

ase CAS-624253-G3Q0P8...For some reason it was closed out again. It's still under warranty and has not been sold from the original purchaser. It's still located at the church it was purchased for.

• Tue at 10:04 PM
  • New
    abcd123
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-07-15

Hello,

I use an X32 Compact as a digital Mixer and interface in a rehearsal space.
    The mixer is connected to a Windows 10 PC via the X32 USB-Card. Behringer Drivers are installed.

I get 32 In/Out in Cubase, but as a Windows Soundcard for the System i can only chose between 1-2, 3-4, 5-6, 7-8 oder 1-8.
    Only the first 8 Channels are accessible (in Stereo pairs).

Is there any way to get higher channels as Windows System Outputs? I'dlike to use Channel beyond 16. (The physical inputs of the compact version) So that im able to record all 16 physical inputs and route a windows signal to the desk at the same time.

Of course i can select 1-2 in Windows and than route those channels to 17-18 on the desk. But that still blocks the physical channels 1 & 2 from using them in a recording.

Thank you for any advice.

read more...
    0 9
  • New
    midiyuga
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-08-10

I have tried so many time:

I Cannot Register nor create a Warranty ticket on your website, need help, WING Touchscreen is bad!

Please tell me what i need to do to get our wing touch screen fixed.

View Video
    read more...
    0 9
    • midiyuga
      KyleJohnson Hello, Kyle here with Music Tribe. I'd start by trying a different browser to submit the ticket. Also try clearing your cache/cookies and see if that helps. If you still have trouble feel free to send me a message here and I can assist further.
      • Aug 10
Go to page