Statistics

305,511 members
189,820 posts
  • New
    ShortSycamore
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-03-05

I am using and Behringer S-16 mixer with an X32 mixer. The S-16 circuitry was damaged due t of power surge during an electrical storm, last spring.

The S-16 was out of warranty so I sent it to Vison Electronix in Michigan for repairs in May.  I recently requested that it be returned to me because Vision Electronix repeatedly told me that they could not get the needed parts (circuits board and AES port) from Behringer to repair it.  Now I have a damaged S-16 with no known way to repair it.

Please advise as to how I can get my S-16 repaired.

I am located in Minneapolis, Minnesota.

John Apitz

651/260-0885

[email protected]

read more...
    0 8
    • ShortSycamore
      GaryHiggins You should get a free NEW one for your 10 months of waiting, not acceptable imo to not have it for that long….or one to use while you wait. My 2 cents.
      • Mar 5
      • S-16 repairs
        JeffRowell I have been waiting since early October for an SD16 repair through the Behringer authorized repair facility in Atlanta (out of warranty). Power source back ordered and not available. I tried to order one directly from Behringer and got the additional message that they are moving to a new facility and unable to ship parts orders. That message was sent to me on 2/10/22.
        • Mar 7
      • S-16 repairs
        eqsstudios Ive been waiting for over a year for an S32 main board.
        • Mar 8
    • ShortSycamore
      JeffRowell Behringer used to make stuff that you just threw away and replaced it if it broke. Then they stepped up their game with the x32, Midas etc. Now you have to throw it away and replace it because it is impossible to get it repaired!
      • Mar 8
  • New
    Mbmusicpro
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-08-26

Hey, I'm a professional touring audio engineer (FOH/Mon) for primarily hip-hop, RnB, Gospel and Pop. Just recently, i used the Wing for 2 live gospel recordings. I Felt that the following would've made my experience much easier...

1. desktop application. much like the x32/m32 has

2. "default" command. something that would default pans to center, and faders to unity gain. Along with that maybe a fader "jerk" when reaching unity gain on the fader

3. "apply to all"/multi select command. Something that would allow me to apply changes to channels/outputs/sends in a similar fashion. an example is if I change a channel's send 1 to unity gain, it'll change multiple/all the channels send 1 volume to unity too

4. a waves live/wsg card or option (preferably 1 that wouldn't require sacrificing my SD recorder)

5. Group/Ganging channels

6. Variable Bus mode. A way to reconfigure the extra mains (and matrices if hardware would allow) so that an engineer could turn the mains into extra mix buses giving us the ability to achieve 19-27 independent stereo mixes/subgroups (given you'd still need at least 1 main fader layer)

7. seperate talkback mic input. Shouldn't have to give up a channel for talkback mic, much less a specific one. No other console I've used does this.

8. instruction manual. QS guide isn't detailed enough

9. preset library. I am much more comfortable seeing all my own eq's compression and gate settings, but for those who aren't this would be great. 

read more...
    0 8
    • Mbmusicpro
      PedroRodrigues Hi Mbmusicpro, thank you for your post, I will forward your suggestion to our Dev. Team for analysis Thank you
      • Aug 26
  • New
    Valmaggi
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-30

Buongiorno, avrei bisogno di un chiarimento riguardo l'acquisto della scheda audio U-Phoria UMC 204 HD, alla quale dovrei collegare un piano digitale che uso per scrivere musica. Il programma che uso si chiama Finale, e al suo interno ha incorporati molti suoni campionati, purtroppo al momento quando suono il piano la latenza è notevole, ed è per questo che mi hanno consigliato l'acquisto della scheda. Ho visto sul sito della Behringer che ci sono alcuni mixer con uscita usb, tra cui il modello XENYX QX1002 usb. A quanto pare l'uscita usb del mixer permetterebbe la registrazione dei suoni sul computer, scavalcando la scheda audio. Secondo voi i due prodotti se equivalgono? Grazie in anticipo. Scusate per la domanda alquanto complicata, ma non so a chi rivolgermi.

Stefano Valmaggi

read more...
    0 8
  • New
    simonc
    Contributor - Level 1
    2022-10-13

Xair running main output and 4 subs to monitors and sub 2 just stopped , shows output on led but no signal?

0 8
  • New
    DanaT
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-04-14

Good morning, if this question has been asked before, I apoligize for asking it again. This community has a welth of information but to be honest, it is one of the hardest forums I have found to find anything and I design communities for a living. So if someone can point me to any videos on how to naviget this community, that would be great. The X32 manuals say that that aux outputs are balance, yet the block diagrams show they are not. Any help would be great on either of my two issues. TYIA.

read more...
    0 8
    • DanaT
      Paul_Vannatto Yes they are balanced TRS.
      • Apr 14
      • Are Aux Outs Balanced on X32 Mixers
        DanaT Then it would be safe to say that the block diagram in the manual is incorrect?
        • Apr 14
    • DanaT
      DanaT

I have no idea why it posted my reply 3 times.

• Apr 14
    • DanaT
      Paul_Vannatto Unfortunately this "new-fangled" forum interface only shows the left side of the image you attached. Looking at the block diagram of the X32 User Manual (page 65) the Aux Return (labeled correctly, since the Aux In/Out can be configured as insert pairs on the Routing, Aux Out screen) shows it correctly, where the tip and ring go to the preamp and summed, then to the A/D converter, similar to the XLR inputs. I can assure you that the Aux In jacks are balanced.
      • Apr 14
  • New
    Theregans8
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-09-03

Hello,

we had a gig last night and experienced 3 out of 10 channels we were using drop in and out intermittently. We had a similar problem the previous week with just channel 8 dropping in and out. I switched it to channel 13 and it looked to have solved the problem. However, last night, channels 9, 10 & 13 would go on and off. A few seconds on and then off for a longer period and then on again for a few seconds. All the wile my vocal channel 1 was functioning with no issue. Is this a hardware problem? Software problem? Connectivity issue? I believe it to be a hardware issue? How can this be resolved?

please advise,

thank you in advance!

read more...
    0 8
  • New
    Tobibass
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-09-27

i have some problems with the routing of the wing. i set my main inputs in the channels to aes50a and the alternative input to the sd-live card to record a live session. but when I press record there is no signal from the main LR. how do i have to adjust the routing if i want to record a live session via sd and want to switch between live and virtual soundcheck for the soundcheck?

read more...
    0 7
  • New
    Solly7359
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-06-22

I have a channel that we play an IPad through for tracks or background music and it has somehow stopped controlling the volume to the Mains BUS. I now have to adjust iPad volume on the iPad to fade music. Any Help? 

0 7
    • Solly7359
      KevinMaxwell Please explain in detail how you have things setup and also edit you original post here and you should be able to attach your scene file here in your original post. With both of those things we can help you better then just guessing as to what the problem may be. .
      • Jun 22
    • Solly7359
      Paul_Vannatto In all likelyhood you have the X32 inputs (that the iPad is connected to) assigned to more than one channel strip (for each side of the stereo). It's called parallel signal paths. Check all the channel strip sources.
      • Jun 22
  • New
    rteglgaa
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-07-27

Hi,

Does anyone know what these advanced settings does?

Thanks,

Rasmus

0 7
  • New
    rzelazek
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-09-19

Does anyone know how to reset a WING mixer to return to factory settings?

0 7
Go to page