Statistics

260,533 members
139,131 posts
  • revdrlon
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-15

Hello, when i open X-Air edit in windows it just crashes. I have found the folder where "X-AIREdit.init" is stored and when I delete that file it allows the program to open. When i close the program and go to open it again it crashes. I have to delete the file again. That file stores the last used mixer settings. When iI delete that file I have to sync from the mixer to the pc to get all my setting back. I can do this process every time but it shouldnt have to be like that and I am getting frustrated.

read more...
    0 797
    • revdrlon
      Paul_Vannatto What version of X-Air Edit are you using? Current version is 1.5. There is a possibility that one of the files in the AppsData\<>\Roaming\X-Air Edit folder is corrupt. Delete that whole folder and try again.
      • August 15, 2020
    • revdrlon
      revdrlon I have to delete that whole folder every time I try to open the program, that is the problem. I've redownloaded the program a few times, it is the newest version on the website.
      • August 15, 2020
      • X-Air edit for pc crashes upon start (Windows 10)
        revdrlon replied
        • August 15, 2020
      • X-Air edit for pc crashes upon start (Windows 10)
        Paul_Vannatto I just downloaded and ran the X-Air Edit 1.5 (from the XR18 product site) on my wife's Win10 laptop (I use linux Mint) and it runs fine.
        • August 15, 2020
    • revdrlon
      NicJonesMT Hi There.
      Could you please open a technical support ticket and we can go through some additional trouble shooting with you.
      Please ensure that you provide the following;

Are you running as Admin?
      Have you tried in compatibility mode?
      The Precise Win 10 version you are using (Found in About my PC)?
      Do you have a Mixer connected when it crashes?
      Can you run the app from another PC?
      Can you confirm your PC specifications?
      • August 17, 2020
  • New
    lhmirand
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-02-23

Making your products unavailable to any market leaves uncertainty.    Please clarify because I'm ready to sell my gear and buy Presonus.

https://www.musictech.net/news/gear/music-tribe-factory-direct/?fbclid=IwAR03jG9B8oGKr7W5v1zCEnkynNGIY3pPZ4HQZjsELEmTtYsZs1sgc7gs75s

read more...
    0 786
    • lhmirand
      -mjk- “As a consequence, this unfortunately disqualifies all small brick-and-mortar stores and traditional distributors, as serving them adds little value and increases cost,” Behringer added.

They are not going out of business. This looks like an attempt to keep sellers from using ebay and Yahoo, etc. to sell Behringer products.
      • Feb 23
    • lhmirand
      lhmirand So if someone came to me and said I want to upgrade my sound system. I can't sell them any Behringer. So who is closer to the customer, the locals or a giant retailer.
      • Feb 23
    • lhmirand
      -mjk- No one cares about closer. People care about price, so they browse at the local store and then shop online anyway because the prices are cheaper with the big online retailers. With free shipping, nothing is more than a day or 2 away. Even if there is a local shop with the product, will they open a box and allow you to demo anything? Probably not.

Just so we're clear, I'm not involved in this. I just responded to your statement.
      • Feb 23
    • lhmirand
      lhmirand You are right "No one cares".
      • Feb 23
      • Is Music Tribe going out of business?    This statement in December leaves us wondering.
        -mjk- Look, that's not what I said, so don't attribute that to me. I get it that you'd love to go into a local shop and buy something. Here in Taiwan, I paid over $3,000 USD for a landed X32. The truth is, someone imported that unit and sold it to me marked up with import duty and shipping. But I have no idea really, what the actual costs and charges are. The next thing that I buy will be from Sweetwater, where not only do they already know me, I'll get an invoice with all charges listed. I have a Taiwan import license and my broker will handle everything. I'll be able to control the costs better than buying one locally.

If you live somewhere far away from one of the big online retailers and you need to buy lots of gear, you should already have an import license. That's just good business.

Complaining and saying "no one cares" is a nothing but a cheap shot. All of the Behringer people I've dealt with (including the users on the Forum) have been extremely knowledgeable, helpful and willing to bend over backwards to get things done. Mr. Behringer himself has done the industry a great service by providing high quality products at reasonable prices. Perhaps Presonus may be a better match for you.
        • Feb 24
  • kjw16
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-27

Hi, 

On the Behringer XR18, is there a way to convert the 16 channels of digital audio coming from the ultranet port to 16 channels of analog audio coming out of a 16 XLR snake?

Because I want to ideally be able to have 16 more outputs to feed other speakers as I am not using any P-16s and do not want to spend lots of money on a digital stagebox or a digital to analog converter.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks

read more...
    0 762
    • kjw16
      Paul_Vannatto There is no unit that converts Ultranet to 16 XLR. The only solution is to invest in some Turbosound Ultranet compatible speakers, such as the iQ12, etc.
      • October 27, 2020
      • How to convert Ultranet port on Behringer XR18 to 16 XLRs
        kjw16 Hi thanks for reply. Yes I’ve heard about these speakers. However it is a big investment for me.

Instead couldn’t I get up to four channels of XLR by using the Radial Catapult Mini RX 4-Channel Reciever?
        • October 27, 2020
        kjw16 Because this can receive up to 4 channels of audio over a Cat-5 cable and convert it to 4 XLRs.
        • October 27, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto Those Radial units simply uses the 4 twisted pair wires that are part of the cat5 cable to transfer audio from the Radial transmitter to receiver. Ultranet is a proprietary digital protocol that will not work with something like those Radial units.

Those Turbosound iQ speakers are well worth the investment. I used 2 iQ12 on the shores of Lake Erie earlier this month for my son's wedding. Even with the sound of the lake's waves, everyone that came (with social distancing) could hear clearly, even those at the parking lot (about 350' away).
        • October 27, 2020
        kjw16 Thanks a lot for the info. Really appreciate it.
        • October 27, 2020
    • kjw16
      JamesPaul

FWIW year old Zombie Thread ; two of these plus some cabling should achieve the desired results https://mediadl.musictribe.com/media/sys_master/h09/h32/8847668674590.pdf

• Nov 11
  • metzandsons
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-16

My church uses an X32 for the house mix, but we now need a second mix for streaming.  I want to use a separate device for this.  I don't want to use the X32 for the mix.  I want to connect a separate device to the X32, have the X32 send the inputs to the separate device.   Either digitally and use a virtual soundboard software on a MAC, or a separate smaller mixer.  We only use around 10-12 channels.  What/ how can we do this?  I prefer to use the USB out and send the info to a separate device, not just Y a bunch of cables.  

read more...
    0 734
    • metzandsons
      Nigel67 It all depends whether whoever is going to mix the audio wants physical knobs infront of them to change settings or are happy adjusting settings on the fly with a computer. Is there any reason why you want all the input channels being sent to another console for mixing, or could you just use the house mix? If you used the house mix, then all you would need is to send the two channels over the USB to a computer from where you can then stream the channels. If you wanted to go down the route that someone wanted physical knobs infront of them, then maybe the X32 Compact. You could send the input channels to this over the AES50 mix them down and then send to a computer for streaming via the USB. If the sound guy was happy using an ipad, etc to mix the audio, then you could go with a X32 Rack or Core again connected via AES50. The other option would be to just plug a computer to the USB of the X32 and send all the input channels into a DAW where you can mix them and live stream. You may be limited though using this method on EQ, FX, Gates, Compressors etc and the mix you stream may not sound like the house mix. Maybe you could expand a little as to why you would want someone to mix the audio again when you can get the house mix sent across the USB for live streaming? Many thanks and hope this helps.
      • September 15, 2020
      • X32 connect to second board for streaming mix
        metzandsons The house is small and the house mix reflects that. We never have to use a mic on the piano, the bass cabinet can carry the whole room, the acoustic guitars need boost and the vocals get the most. We tried the house mix and it sounds terrible isolated from the house. Plus we've add house mics to bring the ambience of the house into the stream mix to get congregational singing, but we don't want those running through the house. We have tried to create a separate mix on the x32 and use that to live stream with. It works, but it is too much for one guy to keep up with both house and stream mix at the same time on the same board. Have you worked with an X18? Will that take connect directly to the X32 and do what I need as a separate mixer?
        • September 16, 2020
      • X32 connect to second board for streaming mix
        Nigel67 Hi, apologies for not replying sooner. I do not think that the X18 will work for you as there will be no way of getting the audio into it digitally. I thought that you would be able to use the Ultranet to send the audio from the X32 into the X18, but unfortunately the ultranet on the X18 is output only. You will need the USB output to connect to the computer for live streaming so you cannot use this either. I think that if your sound engineer can mix using an ipad or MAC, then you could look at an X32 Core. This way you can connect to the X32 using AES50 and then use the USB for sending the main mix to the computer for streaming. It may be worth talking to your local reseller, or the seller that you got your X32 from and get their thoughts of what would be best for you. Hope this helps.
        • September 18, 2020
    • metzandsons
      GeorgeDougherty I got along fine using a matrix pair out for the broadcast mix on our prior X32. I took the house mix and utilized a mixbus as a broadcast boost mix. Broadcast boost augmented drums, guitars and others to compensate for things louder in the room. I always use a speaking mixbus to do feedback notching for headsets and lavs so that also routes and boosts into the broadcast matrix to even out the music to speaking volume.
      If you use a matrix for the broadcast, use matrix outs for your house sends as well and apply any room correction on the matrix buses rather than the Main L/R bus. My standard setup uses Matrix 1/2 as L/R, 3 as subs and 4 as front fills. On an X32 you'd have 5/6 available for a stereo broadcast. mix
      • September 15, 2020
    • metzandsons
      StephenEvans I'd say your best options if you want another physical device would be to get something like an X32 compact or producer and link them with AES50 to pass the channels through. If you are happy to mix with a mouse or touchscreen then I would use a stereo pair of busses on the X32 and mix using an iPad or computer app to save buying another device. If you have a powerful enough computer and a suitable DAW you could easily route the raw inputs in using USB (up to 32 channels) and then mix on the computer or laptop
      • September 30, 2020
  • Diosadeluna
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-17

Hi there.

So I am new to working on the sound board at my church as the previous person went off to college. First it started with the scenes not saving and as of last week, they won't load either. I've been looking for the past week on what may be the issue and watching many YouTube videos but I can't seem to find the answer and so here I am. We do have someone who has been training me on the X32 and it has been going well. It's just for some reason the scenes won't save and we can't get it to load a previously saved scene. Any ideas would be great! Thanks.

Manda

read more...
    0 670
    • Diosadeluna
      DaveMorrison Are you trying to save the scenes to the mixer, a USB flash drive, or to a computer using X32-Edit? What firmware version are you using?
      • September 16, 2020
      • X32-scenes won't save or load.
        Diosadeluna We are saving to the mixer. As far as the firmware version, I'm not sure. I'm not even sure where to find that but I can check when I go to practice Thursday night.
        • September 16, 2020
        DaveMorrison Push the "Setup" button. It's on the top left.
        It's important to get a backup of these scenes using a flash drive and/or computer just in case you need to update/reload the firmware.
        X32-Edit is a great way to learn the system and visualize some the mixer's operation. It's great for routing and you can use most of the functions offline (obviously no sound).
        • September 16, 2020
        Diosadeluna We have 2.12 for firmware (assuming we may need to update the but not sure.) I don't know if they have ever backed up anything. Is X32-Edit something I can put on the computer here at church or is that an app?
        • September 17, 2020
    • Diosadeluna
      KevinMaxwell It should be 3 button presses. I haven’t been on an M32 or X32 for a while now. So Here is a cut and paste from the X32 user manual. Be sure you are on the Scenes tab after you press the “view” button located in the top panel’s “Scenes” section. Use the arrow keys to get there.

5.18 Saving and recalling scenes
      Follow the steps below to save and recall scenes in the console, allowing different configurations to be recalled at a later time.
      • Adjust all settings of the console so that all elements of the mix are as desired.
      • Press the “view” button located in the top panel’s “Scenes” section. The Main Display will show various controls for saving and recalling console scenes.
      • Press the rotary control labeled “save” to save the console’s current configuration to the next available empty scene and label it with a custom name.
      • Adjust the console to the next desired configuration, and repeat the process above as needed, saving additional scenes to additional empty slots.
      • To recall a scene, use the “prev” and “next” buttons, located in the top panel’s Scenes section, to navigate the scene list to the desired scene on the Main Display.
      • When the desired scene is highlighted in the scenes list on the Main Display, press the red “GO” button and the console will switch to the highlighted scene. All console parameters will switch to the state they were in when saved to the scene that was just recalled.
      • September 17, 2020
        Diosadeluna Thank you for your reply but I did already look at that. I'm aware of how to save and load the scenes. The problem is that when I do the above steps, it doesn't work. It will save things for the DCA but not for BUS or the channels. I tried to save a change on my test scene to one of my channels and it didn't save or didn't load.
        • September 17, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto Unselect any scene or channel safes
        • September 17, 2020
    • Diosadeluna
      DavidKnighton Hello Diosadeluna,
      I believe you submitted a case on this issue and I sent an email reply with some options. One thing I didn't mention was to check the 'scene safes'. If these safes are all engaged, then the scene won't recall any of those settings. This will give you the false impression that the scene is not saving correctly. Double check whether the scene safes are all active or not.
      • September 17, 2020
  • Julian1234
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2020-06-13
    Hi..... When I open the recorder/player, it doesn't see the flash drive or the songs, plus it won't record?? The flash is exFat and the song is a wav. When I click record, the graphic tape moves for a split second but then stops. I also notice that the LED next to the flash USB doesn't light up. Please can anyone help? Thanks
    read more...
    0 637
    • Julian1234
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Julian,
      The USB has to be formatted as FAT32 (not Mac Fat32) and should be USB 2.0 (not USB 3.0)
      • June 13, 2020
      • USB flash not recognised on Behringer XR16
        Julian1234 Hi Rex, cheers for helping - the song says 'bits per sample' 16. I don't know what the sample-rate of the console means, how would I check?. Thanks
        • June 13, 2020
        Julian1234 Hi again Rex, I just recorded something which is at a sample rate of 48kHz. The song is 48.1. Is the .1 significant? J
        • June 13, 2020
        Julian1234 Sorry, I meant the sample rate is 44.1kHz, so that seems quite different. Is that it?
        • June 13, 2020
        RexBeckett The XR16 can run at a sample-rate of 44.1kHz or 48kHz. You can see/change this with XAir Edit on the Setup -> Audio/Midi page. CD music is always 44.1kHz. Music for/from videos is usually at 48kHz.
        • June 13, 2020
    • Julian1234
      Julian1234 PAUL and REX, Thanks for your help, between you it's sorted, thanks
      • June 14, 2020
  • revoconnell
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-17
    Hello, I'm trying to get our church's X32 audio output to be recognized by Streamlabs OBS so that we can live stream. I have downloaded and attempted to install the latest X-USB driver, however, I get an error message: "USB Device not recognized." When I go to the device manager I get a yellow exclamation with the error: Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed). I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and still get the same message. I'm running a clean install of Windows 10. I have the latest firmware on the X32 (4.02 I believe). Suggestions?
    read more...
    0 592
    • revoconnell
      Paul_Vannatto What is the name of the driver file you installed?
      • July 17, 2020
    • revoconnell
      revoconnell Thanks for your prompt reply: BEHRINGER_X-USB_DriverSetup_v4.59.0
      • July 17, 2020
    • revoconnell
      revoconnell By the way, I also have restarted both the computer and the mixer with the same error message.
      • July 17, 2020
    • revoconnell
      Paul_Vannatto The reason I asked for the driver file name is that numerous times users have tried to install the X-UF USB driver 6.13 (for the older X-UF card). Evidently you have the correct drivers but it did not install correctly. First go to the Device Manager and uninstall the driver. Then right click on the drivers file and select Run as administrator (or something like that - I've switched from Win7 to linux Mint in January when they dropped Win7 support).
      • July 17, 2020
    • revoconnell
      DaveMorrison Is there any chance that you have the X-Live card installed (with 2 SD card slots) in your mixer? That would also cause major headaches as it uses a different driver.
      • July 17, 2020
  • New
    Roblof
    Volunteer Moderator
    2021-01-22

Exciting news!

Wing Dante has been publicly released to the distribution channels today. Distributors should be able to start placing orders now if everything goes as planned.

After that you need to wait for that slow boat from China before you can get it into your hands ;-)

read more...
    2 559
    • Roblof
      DavidKnighton This is truly great news Robert. I've had many inquiries on when this would be available.
      • Jan 22
    • Roblof
      GaryHiggins Sign me up!!
      • Jan 22
    • Roblof
      PatrickGMaillot I'll wait for the internal one.... Not giving up the WLive.
      • Jan 23
      • Wing Dante Card update
        GaryHiggins Certainly a big trade off I agree. I don't really want to either but the lure is intoxicating! I have an X-Dante card now that can freely go into any of my other mixers which opens up a world of possible. I would likely end up selling W-Dante and going internal when the time comes. I can put the X-Dante in my M32R and put the X-Live card in my Core connected via aes50 and get 32 sd tracks that way…and 96 sync’d ch’s of Dante with the Wing/M32 combo…and then there’s the Dante virtual sound card and the old DAW…I probably should wait but I probably won’t :-)
        • ·
        • Jan 24
    • Roblof
      georgecollins94 Any news on a MADI card?
      • Jan 24
      • Wing Dante Card update
        Roblof No, not yet. It was said once that dante and soundgrid were the first ones to come, but who knows...
        • Jan 24
  • New
    AaronPlant
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-04-14

Hello all,

Quick and hopefully simple question... Can Ultranet be connected via a standard Ethernet network switch somehow?

I am trying to simplify the number of network devices in my setup as I am now networking my X32 Rack, X-Touch, MacBook, and S32 interface using CAT-6 cables - so I'm just wondering what would happen if some of these devices sat on the same network switch before reaching the other end into the devices... I think AES50 can travel through a standard Ethernet switch... not sure about Ultranet?

Any advice you have would be very much appreciated :)

Thanks, Aaron.

read more...
    0 546
    • AaronPlant
      Nigel67 Hi Aaron. Unfortunately, even though it uses the same cables, it will not work over ethernet
      • Apr 14
    • AaronPlant
      AaronPlant

Hello Nigel, do you mean ANY of it, or is some of it possible with standard network switches? Obviously the X-Touch and X32 Rack are already networked, but it was the AES50 and Ultranet I was hoping to consolidate. I found an article online that said AES50 was Ethernet compatible, so maybe it is the Ultranet that isn't? I guess that would explain the Behringer P16-D switch...?

• Apr 14
    • AaronPlant
      GaryHiggins Aes50 will not work on a network switch, you need bidirectional communications for sync so no way to have multiple returns go down one input line. Ultranet doesn’t use all data pairs of a lan cable but is ethernet cable compatible, it’s a proprietary format. You do need a P16D for Ultranet, or an SD8/16 which have multiple p16 ports.
      • Apr 14
    • AaronPlant
      AaronPlant

Hi again Gary :) - thanks for clarifying this - there's nothing Behringer-specific I could find on the internet regarding this so it is good to know and I note the lack of Ultranet ports on the S32 which is a shame. I'll see about getting hold of a P16D for the Ultranet connectivity then :) I'm also using the Turbosound NuQ tops and subs via Ultranet on top of all the above equipment, hence the question :)

• Apr 14
      • Ultranet over standard Ethernet switch?
        Paul_Vannatto Hi Aaron, I just checked and the S32 does have an Ultranet port, similar to the S16. If you are looking for a stagebox with multiple Ultranet ports, consider getting the SD16 or S8 which have 4 and 2 ports respectively. I find that using multiple SD stageboxes strategically placed on the stage superior to using an all-in-one stagebox.

Regarding the question of the ethernet compatibility of the AES50 and Ultranet, both are only first layer (physical) compatible of the ethernet protocol. Otherwise both AES50 and Ultranet protocols are proprietary to Klark Teknik (which is part of the MT family).
        • Apr 14
      • Ultranet over standard Ethernet switch?
        GaryHiggins Also with an S/DL16/32 stageboxes, they all have adat ports (which output aes50 17-32) you could get a P16i which connects by adat (also analog) and has multiple (5) powered p16 output ports. Whatever you assign aes50 17-32 will be output on the p16i Ultranet ports. For your speakers or p16m’s. They all still have a single Ultranet port besides adat.
        • Apr 14
    • AaronPlant
      Nigel67

Hi Aaron, sorry for the late reply. I see Gary and Paul have already answered your questions though. Everything they have said is exactly right.

• Apr 14
  • Goetz
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-31

Hey everyone,

we fixed an issue a few customers had with booting WING while being connected to a Mac running 10.14 or 10.15 Firmware 1.08.1 is now live!

read more...
    2 488
    • Goetz
      KlausMock Hi, I just tested it and almost anything seems to work fine. But if you have a tap tempo button assigned to a UDK and use it in the 4-channel section the button to not flash as it is doing in the custom control sections.
      Regards
      • August 31, 2020
      • Behringer WING – Summer Update V2
        Goetz Thanks Klaus, I'll let the dev team know!
        • September 1, 2020
        Goetz Klaus, as it turns out this is not a bug but a feature. :-)
        • September 1, 2020
        KlausMock Can you explain that? And some more ideas for the dev team. Routing: allow tap points similar for output routing similar to the mechanism of the X32 outputs. Add more User Signals and also there a more detailed selection of the tap points. Add possibility to direct patch input and output sockets for channel and bus inserts to avoid of burning FX slots. Add possibilty to rearrange the processing on busses too. And at last. When would we get a full offline editor for PC, Mac, Linux ans Raspberry and also a more detailed reference manual? Regards
        • September 1, 2020
Go to page