Statistics

260,534 members
139,132 posts
  • GilMendozaJr
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-06-20
    I have been trying for 28 days to register a Behringer XR18 mixer on the Music Tribe Care site. Each time i click on the "submit" button it tells me to fill in the "required fields", but every field is already filled in and i've attached a copy of the purchase receipt. I can't get past this page, it doesn't assign me a care #, and i am unable to register the mixer. I need to know if there is another avenue to register the product. I am extremely frustrated with the inability to reach out to a live person in customer service. This will definitely impact my decision on future Behringer purchases. UPDATE: i was finally able to register the product today (day 29). I entered the same info as i'd been putting in...so i'm not sure what changed...but i'm registered...so all is good. Thanks to all who offered advice/input/suggestions. Much Appreciated!
    read more...
    0 471
    • GilMendozaJr
      GaryHiggins I have registered a product in the last few weeks and it worked ok, wondered if the os being used is the issue? Maybe try using a Mac or Pc if already using a Mac. I did mine with an iPhone. Unfortunately the site is still having issues to compound the situation
      • June 20, 2020
      • Product registration site not working
        GilMendozaJr Gary, thanks for the feedback. I was trying to register on a Mac, on a Windows PC, on an I-phone, and on an android. it was frustating! however, today, i was able to register the product using the same information i've been providing for the past month. I don't know what the difference was...but at this point i'm just happy I got to register. Thanks again for your input.
        • June 22, 2020
    • GilMendozaJr
      RexBeckett Missing or invalid fields in your profile can cause the Care ticket system to fail. One known one is your title (Mr, Ms, etc). This field is not marked as required but, if it is blank, Care ticket submissions can fail.
      • June 20, 2020
        GilMendozaJr Rex, thanks for the help. Yeah...i was even putting info in the non-required boxes...like middle name...i don't have one, so i just put "none". Not sure why, but today it let me register the product. It's nuts. Anyhow, thanks again for the advice. Much appreciated.
        • June 22, 2020
    • GilMendozaJr
      john0121 Hi GilMendozaJr, sorry for the problem you're having with product registration. Can you raise a Care Ticket under Technical Support please, include a copy of your invoice and the serial number so I can complete the registration with you. We can work out exactly what was going wrong too and improve this going forward. Thanks
      • June 21, 2020
        GilMendozaJr John, i was gonna try to do what you requested, but i decided to try one more time so that i could grab screen shots for ya. Wouldn't you know it, for some reason it let me register the product today...same info as in the past, so i'm not sure why it worked today. Anyhow, thanks for reaching out with a possible solution. If you still want to take a look...my Case# is CAS-113715-X9G2T3. Thanks again....
        • ·
        • June 22, 2020
        john0121 Thanks for letting me know, that;s good to hear. I'll pick up the case and raise the problem with the development team still so we can work out what went wrong and improve this in the future. Thanks.
        • June 22, 2020
    • GilMendozaJr
      GilMendozaJr John, so i was gonna follow your request, but i decided to try one more time so that i could get screen captures for you. Wouldn't you know it...it let me register the product today. I used the same info as in the past, so i'm not sure why it worked today. Anyhow, thanks for reaching out and offering a possible solution. just in case you want to check...my Care Case # is CAS-113715-X9G2T3. Thanks again.
      • June 22, 2020
    • GilMendozaJr
      pao4336akd

• Jun 27
  • New
    WilliamBurden
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2020-11-01

I am trying to send the audio from the X-32 rack mixer to my computer for streaming 

Any hardware or software suggestions for improving the audio signal?

0 470
    • WilliamBurden
      RexBeckett Hi William, I would send the required mix through USB tracks 1 & 2. AFAIK Zoom doesn't support ASIO so can only use the Windows WASAPI interface which is restricted to USB 1/2.. I find it helps to have a little compression on the mix. In the Zoom app, use the audio settings to configure it for music otherwise it tends to classify it as noise and attempt to suppress it. I also disable Zoom's automatic mic level and set the level manually.
      • November 1, 2020
  • New
    harrisonfore92
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-06

Hey there, I just had a question about the behringer “wing”.

Is it able to share the Midas DL32 stage box with a M32 C? For instance the M32 C will be used for monitors and the Wing will be used for front of house split digitally via AES.

thanks! 

read more...
    0 449
    • harrisonfore92
      Paul_Vannatto Yes you sure can, just like you would with multiple M32
      • Apr 6
    • harrisonfore92
      GaryHiggins A Behringer Wing, a DL32 and an M32C walk into a bar and come out lifelong friends!
      • Apr 7
    • harrisonfore92
      KevinMaxwell I guess I will piggyback on this question and ask a few about the same basic thing.

If I have an M32 as a monitor console and a DL32 on stage and a WING at FOH I understand that there are a couple of different ways of wiring it up. What are the advantaged of the different ways? One place I have worked that has that basic setup except instead of a WING they have an M32 at FOH. And they have the DL32 AES50A connected to the house console AES50A and the DL32 AES50B connected to the Monitor console AES50A. I am not sure how they had the outputs configured. I think they had the FOH console using the DL32 outputs to the house speakers and the M32 Monitor console (XLR) outputs directly feeding the monitor speakers. But what is the difference if you have the DL32 connected to just the monitor M32 and then that connected to the FOH console. Would that be DL32 AES50A to the M32 AES50A and the AES50B of the DL32 to AES50A on the WING at FOH. Then how do you get the outputs to the House speakers on the DL32 and the Monitor outputs from the M32 to the Monitor speakers. BTW in this example all of the speakers are powered from Amps on stage.

Now in the OP (original posters) question it might be more like the setup I am thinking about. If I had a WING at FOH and an M32 at Monitor position without a DL32, since a DL32 and an M32c would basically be equal to an M32. I assume I would just hook the 2 up AES50A on stage to the AES50A at FOH. So the question that brings up is how do I route the outputs of the WING to the house speakers and the outputs of the M32 to the Monitor speakers? And actually in my case I would want to send the outputs from the WING to the AES/EBU output on the M32 and at least one output of the WING to an XLR output on the M32. The AES/EBU and the XLR would go to a DSP for the house speakers that I would move from FOH to the stage for this setup.
      • Apr 7
      • A Behringer wing a dl32 and a M32c walk into a bar...
        GaryHiggins Just a few other tidbits...the DL32 and S32 are the only 2 X/M32 stageboxes that allow the inputs to pass from both the A and B sides of it, the caveats in so doing Paul already stated.

With the A/B ports used to each mixer: From the B side of the DL32, any aes50 ch's sent from the Monitor position mixer to FOH (and then on to the DL) are shifted up a whopping 32 ch's. That is because the inputs of the DL itself take up the first 32 ch's to FOH as aes50a 1-32. Technically you could still send outputs to the DL from the monitor mixer position but only the first 16 aes50 ch's will make it and those 16 will be seen at FOH as aes50a 33-48. You could have the FOH mixer relay aes50a 33-48 to the DL XLR outputs or (parts of them)

Hooking up in the traditional way, that is daisy chained, is likely the easier way IF you really need the monitor mixer to control outputs.

EDIT: Forgot one other drawback in doing it like the above, it will put those same 16 ch's from the monitor mixer at the DL32 ultranet port, perhaps not an issue but it could be.
        • Apr 7
    • harrisonfore92
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Kevin,

Gary and I did not go further in our response, since the OP question was "is it possible". To answer your question, you need to understand how the DL32 works, particularly with its AES50 B port. Only the console connected to its A port has access (control) to the input preamps (gain and control) and the outputs. The console connected to the B port only has access to the input signals. What that means is that the B port console cannot send outputs to the DL32 and signals from FOH (eg. talkback) cannot be passed through the DL32.

The other setup with the monitor console in between the FOH and DL32 is much more flexible with signal routing, using the monitor console Routing AES50 along with the new User Out patching. Also preamp control (gain and phantom) can be assigned to either console.
      • Apr 7
    • harrisonfore92
      KevinMaxwell Thank you Gary and Paul. Now I just need to gather all of this equipment together and start to play with the different configurations. I will probably also bring along my SMAART system and test to see if there are any measurable differences and to see if there is any different propagation delay results with the different setups.
      • Apr 8
  • New
    Behringer
    Triber Moderator
    2021-10-28

The console 1.12 firmware update offers some functional improvements, new effects, and new features. NOTE: the changes in this firmware are supported with WING CoPilot mobile app version 1.10.

It is sensible to periodically check for new firmware updates. New features and bug fixes will be released regularly. Our development team is eager to react to customer suggestions and to amaze you with improvements and new features. Visit the WING product page on behringer.com to download the latest firmware, install the update and enjoy the full potential of your WING.

This new WING Firmware version contains:

New Processing/Effects

• all aux channels now using input channel EQ (6 Bd, models)
    • all aux channels feature new combo dynamics (expander/leveler)
    • new channel dynamics plugin PIA2250
    • new channel dynamics plugin LTA100 tube leveler
    • MIX control added to WARMTH plugin
    • new FX selection sub-page featuring all the channel effects
    • 5 new FX plugin Channel Strips: Even, Soul, Vintage, Bus, Mastering

New Features

• USB Mouse control allows full remote operation of the WING main screen
    • Setup/General/Preference for switching touch control off, while USB mouse is in use*
    • Channel delay (input channels, post-processing) increased to 500ms/150mtrs for AV applications
    • Increased drive range for warmth plugin
    • Improved indication of pre/post send taps
    • Channel pan/width now post tap (8) to make send tap selection more consistent
    • Additional info message when using post-fader send tap
    • Improved channel strip overview (including fader position/level

More Features

• Source edit auto select improved when source solo is active
    • Touch panel test with logfile
    • Activate source solo with SOLO button in source solo channel
    • Allow screenshots of popover pages (CLR_SOLO closes page on release)
    • Routing pages swapped to improve workflow for new users
    • Configurable main link (off, 1/2, 1-3, 1-4)
    • Autocorrect file/directory names that could lead to problems with some operating systems
    • Help when setting DCA names (to control monitor levels)
    • Bus/Main/Matrix EQ with speaker processor crossover filter types on lo/hi band
    • Monitor source mix (add source signal to solo signal)
    • EQ band solo trim preference for monitoring
    • StageConnect indicator now also showing bus error state (off/green/red)
    • Support for alternative DAC for aux outputs added

Bug Fixes

• DCA solo fixed for post panorama
    • Fixed VPH icon not updated correctly
    • Cleanup source solo routing entries on the routing page
    • Fixed mute override when in sends on fader mode
    • Fixed pitch correction fx issue, note on/off switches now correctly stored
    • Fixed static noise on mon B issue
    • Update of the upper/lower aux eq band icons

*) Note: Touch Control Lock can always be disengaged with press + hold on both buttons on the right side of the display, i.e. CLR SOLO and the black button if you need to get control back. For engaging the Touch Control Lock independent of the mouse preference, please press + hold CLR SOLO, SETUP, and the black button until the little cross icon in the top middle section is displayed.

Firmware Update from USB Stick:

1. Download any future FW updates from behringer.com and store them on a FAT formatted USB stick.
    2. Connect the USB stick to the top panel USB port of WING.
    3. Open the SETUP/GENERAL page and tap on the UPDATE icon on the left of the screen.
    4. A file browser will appear on the screen, and you can navigate to where the FW update is located.
    5. Select the correct FW update file and tap on UPDATE.
    6. After installing the update is completed, you will be prompted to reboot the console.
    7. The console can be rebooted by power cycling, or by selecting SETUP/SHUTDOWN and holding the SETUP button while pressing the HOME button.
    8. Verify the update was successful by comparing the firmware version on the left of the SETUP/ GENERAL screen.

Alternative Update Process without USB Stick:

1. If you don’t have a USB stick at hand, connect a USB cable to the rear panel USB port and to your computer.
    2. Either hold the blank button on the main display during power-up or open the SETUP/GENERAL Edit page in order to enable WING OS.
    3. A drive icon will appear on your computer, like connecting a flash drive or an external hard drive. Double click the drive to open.
    4. Extract the firmware zip file and drag/copy the new firmware file into the WING OS drive.
    5. After copying is completed, please eject the WING OS drive from your computer.
    6. WING should reboot automatically a few seconds after ejecting the drive. If it doesn’t, please power cycle the console, and verify the correct firmware version on the left of the SETUP/GENERAL screen.

Note, WING will always boot using the most recent firmware in the OS drive. However, it is recommended to delete older firmware files or move them to a subfolder.

read more...
    0 430
  • andrewpirs
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-16

Hi Musictribe,

Do you think we ll ever see a smaller Wing mixer like the x32 compact or midas 32r?

Thank you

Cheers

Andrew

0 411
    • andrewpirs
      Nigel67 Hi, I do not know the answer to this, but I will ask the designers if there is anything in the pipeline. Can't promise an answer though as they like to keep these things close to their chest until near release dates. :)
      • September 16, 2020
    • andrewpirs
      andrewpirs Thank you Nigel, I m sure a lot of people is lookong at it! It s great product but with those dimensions cut out a big sector of the markets.
      • September 17, 2020
      • Behringer Wing 32 will ever exist?
        andrewpirs Anyway let us know if you have any newss!! Cheers! Thanks
        • ·
        • September 17, 2020
      • Behringer Wing 32 will ever exist?
        Nigel67 Hi Andrew. As normal, the designers are being as tight lipped as ever . You have to read into what they are saying .
        I can only tell you to keep watching and listening. They have said that they are actively listening/watching to what people discuss in our community, FB groups or forums. And we are prioritising our work to what seem most desirable for our customers--be it feature updates or product line updates.
        • ·
        • September 17, 2020
  • New
    MBrines
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-31

Hi, as a performing musician, can anyone please suggest a way to use a floor pedal to turn off the XR18 effects ? I want to mute the effects when I speak to the audience, without having to turn around and hit the mute for the effects on my MacBook. I believe there is a way to do that using a MIDI floor pedal and am requesting any information to assist me; recommended brand of pedal, MIDI cable to MIDI IN on the XR18, and a procedure to follow to set up the MIDI floor pedal. Thank you for your time everyone.

read more...
    0 397
  • Samuel89
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-14

i'm using X32 digital console.

I set Bus out as a Pre fader. But when i mute channels, the BUS OUT also has been muted.

Can I use BUS OUT always ON-AIR whether the channel mute or not?

read more...
    0 395
    • Samuel89
      RexBeckett Hi Samuel. When you mute a channel, it also mutes the sends to Mixbuses. So using a Pre-fader tap from the Mixbus to the output does not help. One solution is to assign the channels to a DCA Group and mute that. This will mute the channels in the Main mix but does not mute the channel sends to Mixbuses -provided DCA Groups is not checked on Setup -> Mixer -> Mute System.
      • October 14, 2020
  • New
    DavidChappuies
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-01-05

Hello,

I have an X32, compact X32, and a S32 stagebox.  X32 (FOH) connected to S32 A to A. The X32 compact is connected S32 B port to the A port on the X32 Compact. The plan is one sound guy is running  the X32 (FOH), and the other guy is running the X32 compact that  is connected to a  computer and sending out a broadcast mix.

This is where things are a little confusing for me. On the setup page there is HA Gain split and a remote option. Not sure if I am connecting the mixers the correct way for what I am trying to achieve. It seems to be working, I don't want the X32 compact messing with the FOH sound. I just want him to be able to send a boradcast mix to the computer.

Anyone have any experience trying to do this? The way I have it setup it seems both mixers can mess with the gain. It would be nice if each mixer didn't look at the other one and left each other alone, and if that is what is happening, great. But I feel like this gain split feature might be needed. Can anyone explain?

Thanks,

Dave

read more...
    1 386
    • DavidChappuies
      RexBeckett Hello David, I believe that only the console connected to the S32's AES50-A port can control the preamp gains and phantom. It would make sense to set Gain Split for the X32 Compact console on anyway to remind the operator that they have +/- 18dB digital trim rather than gain control.
      • Jan 5
      • How to use two X32 mixers for a broadcasting solution.
        DavidChappuies Thanks Rex. I was wondering that. It sure seems like I have a separate gain for each channel on each mixer. Which I know can't be, since they are both using the preamps on the S32, where the intruments are plugged in. So I turn on the gain split on the compact and not the master X32? Luckily, I do not need any feed from the compact mixer except to send it directly to the computer for the live stream.
        • Jan 5
    • DavidChappuies
      DavidChappuies It would be nice if Behringer could make some videos on this configuration. They have some, but not enough. Since live broadcasting is becoming a big htimg lately, it would help many. Before I was trying to use a matrix mix for the live stream, but that is a pain for the sound guy to keep tring to adjust while working the FOH.
      • Jan 5
    • DavidChappuies
      StephenEvans I assume it isn't practical to connect the stagebox only to the FOH console and then link the broadcast one off the FOH console? Otherwise can you just tell everyone not to touch gain control on the broadcast one
      • Jan 6
      • How to use two X32 mixers for a broadcasting solution.
        Paul_Vannatto Hi Stephen, actually that is the preferred method (connecting FOH console to stagebox, then connect broadcast to FOH). That way FOH will have full control of the stagebox preamps (gain and phantom). If the Broadcast wants some control, then enable HA Gain Split (on FOH, Setup, preamps screen). That will provide both consoles with a digital trim on the channel strip. That also means that FOH will have to adjust the stagebox preamps on the Setup, preamps screen.
        • Jan 6
  • rickschwar
    Regular Contributor - Level 1
    2020-06-28
    If you are thinking of getting a lamp for the WING console, you should read this first. It could save you time and frustration. I wanted to see if the WING’s lamp connector could replace the desk lamp I currently use to light the script when I mix theatre shows. The Behringer WING has a built-in 4-pin XLR connector that is rated at 12 Volts/5 Watts. This has been an industry standard for decades; however, it doesn’t mean you can buy any lamp and it will work with the WING. Based on my research, no lamps are plug-n-play with the WING, however, that shouldn’t discourage you. Because these lamps are expensive ($69 - $109) I contacted LittleLite to see which one they recommend for the WING. Littlelite told me the XLR connector on the WING is mounted upside down. If you plug in one of their standard XR-4 into the WING the gooseneck will be pointed downwards. The release tab should be at the bottom rather than the top. There are two solutions to this problem: 1. You can either purchase their $72 18XR-4-LED-M32 light intended for Midas consoles or 2. Buy the standard Littlelite 18XR-4-LED ($69-72) and rotate the pin insert yourself. I recommend you buy the Littlelite 18XR-4-LED-M32, because it will save you time. Littlelite XR-4 Series Gooseneck Lights are available in LED and Halogen models in your choice of 6, 12, or 18-inch goosenecks. o Make sure you get the 18” version. Even that is too short for my application, but usable. o Also make sure you get the LED version. The LED version is roughly twice as bright as the 5-watt Halogen version. The LED version also runs much cooler and lasts longer. • This should be the end of this article, but it’s not. For some reason the WING designers put the lamp connector below a big lip that extends close to 2 inches and makes it impossible to connect lamps designed for Midas and Behringer consoles. No matter how much you bend the gooseneck, the connector can’t be inserted. o Fortunately, there is a simply solution. Remove the small set screw on the outside of the LLX barrel and pull out the 4-pin plug carefully using a pair of needle-nosed pliers. Be careful not to break the wires or lose the small hex nut inserted in the pin insert disk. o Next, rotate the pin insert 90 degrees to the left or right depending on the direction you want the gooseneck to face. o You’ll lose a few inches of the gooseneck, but it still works fairly well. • To turn on the lamp and adjust the brightness, touch the SETUP button, and select the LAMP control near the bottom. Use the know on the right side of the display to change the brightness level. At low levels, the LED will glow red, which is cool. Once you get above 60%, the white LEDs will illuminate, which overpower the red ones, so the light appears white. The LED gets pretty bright at 100%.
    read more...
    0 380
    • rickschwar
      GaryHiggins https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07M85L4Z5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Couldn't elaborate, (forum errors non stop) this light is pretty decent, I have one and have so far had zero issues and 23.5 inches-bright LED if Wing wants bight :-)
      • June 28, 2020
      • Using a lamp with the WING Console
        GaryHiggins Wanted to say it fit ok and did not require me to alter it in any way. It may not last but that part remains to be seen...however you can buy 3 for the price of most others.
        • June 30, 2020
        Indiana We bought that same light on Amazon and it works perfect with no modifications.
        • ·
        • June 30, 2020
        rickschwar Thanks for the tip Gary. Wish I would have seen this post before I bought the other light.
        • July 2, 2020
        GaryHiggins Your post is still great education regardless!
        • ·
        • July 2, 2020
  • New
    JakeWeller
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-27

Hi, im looking for the output delay control on the behringer with to sync audio play back with video output. if anybody would be able to help me find the control that would be lifesaving. (I have been searching the internet and the console settings all day)

read more...
    0 374
    • JakeWeller
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Jake, output delays are only available on the 4 main and 8 matrix. Select the desired main or matrix, then the second screen. The output delay can be adjusted on the far right.
      • November 27, 2020
      • Behringer Wing - Output Delay Control Help
        JakeWeller i'm still have some trouble, i have selected the main i would like to adjust but I cant work out what you mean by "second Screen". I appreciate the help Paul
        • November 27, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto When you select any channel strip, you will see on the left side of the screen "Home", then 6-8 (depending on the channel strip) icons below it. Each of these are screens. Select the one just below the "Home" screen.
        • November 27, 2020
        JakeWeller Thank you so much I got there in the end.
        • November 27, 2020
Go to page