Statistics

289,847 members
172,411 posts
  • New
    midenok
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-11-08

Is it possible to stack multiple XR18 (or XR18 + XR16) and control them from one X-Touch/client app. And why not? It is just the matter of software I think.

0 1,140
    • midenok
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Aleksey, my first response was going to be, no it is not possible due to how the UDP protocol (part of ethernet protocol) handles connections. But having a closer look at the UDP protocol, it might be possible. Currently there is no client app available and the X-Touch can only connect (currently) to one console at a time. Let me play around with my Live Toolbox OSC engine to see if I can communicate with more than one console simultaneously.
      • November 8, 2020
    • midenok
      montelle52 I use two XR18 mixers - one for the drums and then feed the main out signal from that mixer into a second XR18 that mixes everything else (FOH & monitors.) It requires that we run two copies of X-Air-edit on a single MS Surface. Each mixer has a fixed IP address on our LAN. Each mixer is connected via USB to its own dedicated MS Surface for recording. When I mix down, I import the tracks from each of the recording MS Surfaces into Pro Tools, and manually sync them. Since I have a mono drum feed from the drum XR18 to the FOH XR18, the FOH mixer's recording has a complete drum mix on a single channel that is in sync with all the other FOH tracks. Thus, it's easy to sync the individual drum tracks from the drum XR18 to that complete drum track on the FOH recording. It works pretty well.
      • November 22, 2020
  • New
    kashton
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-12-07

I have received a 12/05/2021 email response from B&H Photo Video and Pro Audio Sales Department that the Behringer X32 mixing console has been discontinued and is nolonger available.  I have a hard time believing this wonderful and very popular mixer has been discontinued.  I am interested in confirmation from the manufacturer if this is true.  If so, what is the status of X32 RACK; what is Behringers plan moving forward? 

read more...
    0 1,123
    • kashton
      kashton Attached is the email response.
      • December 7, 2021
    • kashton
      Paul_Vannatto They changed the supply chain model to supply super partners only. In the US, those are Sweetwater and Amazon.
      • December 7, 2021
    • kashton
      Nigel67 Hi kashton, Nigel from Music Tribe here. I can confirm what Paul has said in his reply to you. The X32 Series is still in full production.
      • December 7, 2021
  • New
    DavidChappuies
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-01-05

Hello,

I have an X32, compact X32, and a S32 stagebox.  X32 (FOH) connected to S32 A to A. The X32 compact is connected S32 B port to the A port on the X32 Compact. The plan is one sound guy is running  the X32 (FOH), and the other guy is running the X32 compact that  is connected to a  computer and sending out a broadcast mix.

This is where things are a little confusing for me. On the setup page there is HA Gain split and a remote option. Not sure if I am connecting the mixers the correct way for what I am trying to achieve. It seems to be working, I don't want the X32 compact messing with the FOH sound. I just want him to be able to send a boradcast mix to the computer.

Anyone have any experience trying to do this? The way I have it setup it seems both mixers can mess with the gain. It would be nice if each mixer didn't look at the other one and left each other alone, and if that is what is happening, great. But I feel like this gain split feature might be needed. Can anyone explain?

Thanks,

Dave

read more...
    1 971
    • DavidChappuies
      RexBeckett Hello David, I believe that only the console connected to the S32's AES50-A port can control the preamp gains and phantom. It would make sense to set Gain Split for the X32 Compact console on anyway to remind the operator that they have +/- 18dB digital trim rather than gain control.
      • January 5, 2021
      • How to use two X32 mixers for a broadcasting solution.
        DavidChappuies Thanks Rex. I was wondering that. It sure seems like I have a separate gain for each channel on each mixer. Which I know can't be, since they are both using the preamps on the S32, where the intruments are plugged in. So I turn on the gain split on the compact and not the master X32? Luckily, I do not need any feed from the compact mixer except to send it directly to the computer for the live stream.
        • January 5, 2021
    • DavidChappuies
      DavidChappuies It would be nice if Behringer could make some videos on this configuration. They have some, but not enough. Since live broadcasting is becoming a big htimg lately, it would help many. Before I was trying to use a matrix mix for the live stream, but that is a pain for the sound guy to keep tring to adjust while working the FOH.
      • January 5, 2021
    • DavidChappuies
      StephenEvans I assume it isn't practical to connect the stagebox only to the FOH console and then link the broadcast one off the FOH console? Otherwise can you just tell everyone not to touch gain control on the broadcast one
      • January 6, 2021
      • How to use two X32 mixers for a broadcasting solution.
        Paul_Vannatto Hi Stephen, actually that is the preferred method (connecting FOH console to stagebox, then connect broadcast to FOH). That way FOH will have full control of the stagebox preamps (gain and phantom). If the Broadcast wants some control, then enable HA Gain Split (on FOH, Setup, preamps screen). That will provide both consoles with a digital trim on the channel strip. That also means that FOH will have to adjust the stagebox preamps on the Setup, preamps screen.
        • January 6, 2021
  • New
    MBrines
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-31

Hi, as a performing musician, can anyone please suggest a way to use a floor pedal to turn off the XR18 effects ? I want to mute the effects when I speak to the audience, without having to turn around and hit the mute for the effects on my MacBook. I believe there is a way to do that using a MIDI floor pedal and am requesting any information to assist me; recommended brand of pedal, MIDI cable to MIDI IN on the XR18, and a procedure to follow to set up the MIDI floor pedal. Thank you for your time everyone.

read more...
    0 943
  • New
    KeithBrown
    Contributor - Level 3
    2021-02-08

Hi folks. I glanced over at my X32 Compact mixer and saw this error message. Any idea what it means?

0 932
    • KeithBrown
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Keith, are you using an external app? The error message is saying that it received an OSC command with a value (or values) that was too long. When I was first developing Live Toolbox, I got that message quite frequently.
      • February 7, 2021
    • KeithBrown
      KeithBrown All I'm using is X32 Edit. I think it's the most recent one but not sure how to tell.
      • February 7, 2021
    • KeithBrown
      Paul_Vannatto Ok, then just reboot. In all likelihood it was just a fluke.
      • February 7, 2021
    • KeithBrown
      KeithBrown Thanks, Paul. I should have mentioned that I have seen this once before a couple of months ago. It doesn't seem to have affected anything negatively. If I close the message everything seems to be working normally. I guess I won't start to worry until there's smoke coming out of the mixer. :)
      • February 7, 2021
  • da_bassman
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-08-02

I've had this mixer up and running without any problems for about 3 months but in the last few weeks it's intermittently dropping the connection via ethernet. At first it was random but today it would stay connected for about 2 minutes or so. It stayed connected one time for about 5 minutes. Once the reconnect dialog box pops up you can reconnect without any problems until it drops again. Quite frustrating to say the least

The ethernet cable it a 50ft (factory made) cable that has not given any problems for several years. Both ends of the cable have been re-seated several times to hopefully take away a bad connection possibilty.

Any thoughts on the possible promlem(s) would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Glen

read more...
    0 910
    • da_bassman
      Paul_Vannatto Good chance it is one of the ends of the ethernet cable. Yes cables do go bad. I would suggest that you either re-terminate both ends or try another cable.
      • August 2, 2020
    • da_bassman
      da_bassman You are correct sir cables can and do go bad. And that could be the problem though I didn't really consider it as it is in what I think would be called a static situation. It goes from point A to B and does not get moved at all. As a stop gap measure I connected via wireless today until I can get a new ethernet cable to see if that fixes the problem. Thanks for your input sir.
      • August 3, 2020
    • da_bassman
      Saleya If the problem remains with a new cable, try to turn the wifi of your computer off. I cannot connect my XR12 with ethernet when the wifi is on. Once connected, I can turn the wifi back on. But there might be a sort of conflictual situation with x-air trying to use wifi when it is available, even when already connected via ethernet.
      • August 4, 2020
      • Behringer XR18 intermittent ethernet connection problems
        da_bassman An interesting idea to say the least. The wifi on the computer has been on all this time and I didn't suspect it as a possible culprit in this situation. It was not used for connecting to the mixer at any time previously. I will check on this before I connect the new ethernet cable as the routing of said cable is a very difficult one as it has to up into the attic of the church and forward about 40ft and then back down to the mixer location. I'd like very much to not have to do that. Thanks for your input.
        • August 4, 2020
        Saleya No garanties GLEN, just a thought. Let us know how it goes.
        • August 5, 2020
        Saleya Another thought : such a long cable might be disturbed by the electric lines and lights if any. Make sure it does not run close and in parallel to any electric line ; it must cross the electric lines perpendicularly and travel as far as possible from them.
        • August 5, 2020
    • da_bassman
      da_bassman Here's an update.... Ended up not being able to connect at all with ethernet so I did a quick wifi connect (no separate router) as I was just seeing if I could connect and it did nicely. This gave us control capability until my new ethernet cable came in. Sunday past we started having bad dropped connections on the wifi and I'm pretty sure it was due to cell phones too close to the controlling computer. We are using a Mevo camera to stream our church services and the cell phone that controls the camera with probably the offender. Thankfully we were able get through our service since setting are not lost when the connection is. My new cable came in so yesterday I went and worked on the system. No cell phones except mine in my hip pocket and wifi connected just fine and stayed for several minutes. Then trying Saleya's tip about turning off the wifi, I attempted to connect with the original ethernet cable and it connected successfully and as far as I know stayed connected all evening during worship team's practice. So it appears as of now everything is back to normal. Thanks for all the help. It's great to have a place to go and received this kind of help.
      • August 11, 2020
  • New
    bruceamoore2020
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2020-12-14

I just downloaded the X32 Edit 4.2 for my Macbook Pro (running OSX 10.15.7 - Catalina) and got a warning that this software cannot be opened, as Apple cannot check it for malicious software.  Has anyone else run into this, and how did you solve?  Thank you for any advice. 

read more...
    0 889
    • bruceamoore2020
      DaveMorrison Just show it in the finder and open it. Allow it to run and you shouldn't haven't any problems. It runs fine on Catalina.
      • December 13, 2020
    • bruceamoore2020
      john0121 If you go to system preferences>security you can allow it to run from there. This only needs to be done once.
      • December 14, 2020
      • X32-Edit 4.2 Not Loading
        B9190 I tried going to system-preferences and it doesn't give me the option to run. Any other ideas? Driving me crazy.
        • Mar 11
    • bruceamoore2020
      bruceamoore2020 Thank you Dave and John. I did the security override in system preferences and got it to open. That was the key. Now to learn how this darn thing routes the signal! (it is much smarter than I am, at this point!) Thank you again!
      • December 14, 2020
  • rickschwar
    Regular Contributor - Level 1
    2020-06-28
    If you are thinking of getting a lamp for the WING console, you should read this first. It could save you time and frustration. I wanted to see if the WING’s lamp connector could replace the desk lamp I currently use to light the script when I mix theatre shows. The Behringer WING has a built-in 4-pin XLR connector that is rated at 12 Volts/5 Watts. This has been an industry standard for decades; however, it doesn’t mean you can buy any lamp and it will work with the WING. Based on my research, no lamps are plug-n-play with the WING, however, that shouldn’t discourage you. Because these lamps are expensive ($69 - $109) I contacted LittleLite to see which one they recommend for the WING. Littlelite told me the XLR connector on the WING is mounted upside down. If you plug in one of their standard XR-4 into the WING the gooseneck will be pointed downwards. The release tab should be at the bottom rather than the top. There are two solutions to this problem: 1. You can either purchase their $72 18XR-4-LED-M32 light intended for Midas consoles or 2. Buy the standard Littlelite 18XR-4-LED ($69-72) and rotate the pin insert yourself. I recommend you buy the Littlelite 18XR-4-LED-M32, because it will save you time. Littlelite XR-4 Series Gooseneck Lights are available in LED and Halogen models in your choice of 6, 12, or 18-inch goosenecks. o Make sure you get the 18” version. Even that is too short for my application, but usable. o Also make sure you get the LED version. The LED version is roughly twice as bright as the 5-watt Halogen version. The LED version also runs much cooler and lasts longer. • This should be the end of this article, but it’s not. For some reason the WING designers put the lamp connector below a big lip that extends close to 2 inches and makes it impossible to connect lamps designed for Midas and Behringer consoles. No matter how much you bend the gooseneck, the connector can’t be inserted. o Fortunately, there is a simply solution. Remove the small set screw on the outside of the LLX barrel and pull out the 4-pin plug carefully using a pair of needle-nosed pliers. Be careful not to break the wires or lose the small hex nut inserted in the pin insert disk. o Next, rotate the pin insert 90 degrees to the left or right depending on the direction you want the gooseneck to face. o You’ll lose a few inches of the gooseneck, but it still works fairly well. • To turn on the lamp and adjust the brightness, touch the SETUP button, and select the LAMP control near the bottom. Use the know on the right side of the display to change the brightness level. At low levels, the LED will glow red, which is cool. Once you get above 60%, the white LEDs will illuminate, which overpower the red ones, so the light appears white. The LED gets pretty bright at 100%.
    read more...
    0 869
    • rickschwar
      GaryHiggins https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07M85L4Z5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Couldn't elaborate, (forum errors non stop) this light is pretty decent, I have one and have so far had zero issues and 23.5 inches-bright LED if Wing wants bight :-)
      • June 28, 2020
      • Using a lamp with the WING Console
        GaryHiggins Wanted to say it fit ok and did not require me to alter it in any way. It may not last but that part remains to be seen...however you can buy 3 for the price of most others.
        • June 30, 2020
        Indiana We bought that same light on Amazon and it works perfect with no modifications.
        • ·
        • June 30, 2020
        rickschwar Thanks for the tip Gary. Wish I would have seen this post before I bought the other light.
        • July 2, 2020
        GaryHiggins Your post is still great education regardless!
        • ·
        • July 2, 2020
  • justinlau21
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2020-10-17

I wanted to play music on my Behringer Wing directly using USB,first i use MP3 format,at it is not found by the mixer. After that i convert my music to WAV ,the mixer found it but when i play it show failure .pls help

0 840
    • justinlau21
      Paul_Vannatto Make sure the Wing's clock rate (44K1 or 48) is identical to the wav sample rate.
      • October 17, 2020
    • justinlau21
      justinlau21 How do I change my wav sample rate for 48 clockrate
      • October 17, 2020
      • How To Play Music On Behringer Wing Via Pendrive
        Paul_Vannatto What program are you using to convert MP3 to Wave? Most converters provide an option of setting the sample rate.
        • October 17, 2020
      • How To Play Music On Behringer Wing Via Pendrive
        KevinMaxwell It might be easier to just change the sample rate on the Wing.
        • October 17, 2020
    • justinlau21
      spicekitkat

Search free wallpapers, ringtones and notifications on 着信音 and personalize your phone to suit you. Start your search now and free your phone.

• Apr 23
  • New
    rgalv001
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-22

I just bought a new iPad 8th Generation iPad to connect to my X32 Rack with the x32 Mix app. It will not connect at all. I tried 3 other iPad Air and Air2 iPads and they all connect within seconds. The new one just stays at Listening. I tried everything and will not work. Even tried two different routers and they all connect except to the new iPad. Any suggestions? 

read more...
    0 800
    • rgalv001
      PedroRodrigues Hi rgalv001, please consider that to be able to assist you with more tools please follow the link below to submit a assistance request
      https://community.musictribe.com/pages/create-new ticket?type=Technical%20Support&brand=Behringer
      Thank you
      • April 22, 2021
    • rgalv001
      JeffRowell I have the exact same problem. X32 Mix just "listens" and never finds the X32. The link provided above does not go to an existing page either. Any help would be appreciated.
      • April 28, 2021
    • rgalv001
      rgalv001

Hey Jeff! I fixed it by deleting the X32 Mix app and re-installing it. Once I did that it worked.

• April 28, 2021
    • rgalv001
      JeffRowell Interesting. Not an IT guy, but did recall setting up my router for fixed addresses below.20 with .21 through .255 used to handout addresses to devices. Any way, my ipad ip address was .16. So I manually set the iPad address at a higher number and it connected. Probably just coincidental, but it connected all weekend.
      • May 3, 2021
Go to page