Statistics

269,291 members
148,979 posts
  • New
    Behringer
    Triber Moderator
    2021-10-28

The console 1.12 firmware update offers some functional improvements, new effects, and new features. NOTE: the changes in this firmware are supported with WING CoPilot mobile app version 1.10.

It is sensible to periodically check for new firmware updates. New features and bug fixes will be released regularly. Our development team is eager to react to customer suggestions and to amaze you with improvements and new features. Visit the WING product page on behringer.com to download the latest firmware, install the update and enjoy the full potential of your WING.

This new WING Firmware version contains:

New Processing/Effects

• all aux channels now using input channel EQ (6 Bd, models)
    • all aux channels feature new combo dynamics (expander/leveler)
    • new channel dynamics plugin PIA2250
    • new channel dynamics plugin LTA100 tube leveler
    • MIX control added to WARMTH plugin
    • new FX selection sub-page featuring all the channel effects
    • 5 new FX plugin Channel Strips: Even, Soul, Vintage, Bus, Mastering

New Features

• USB Mouse control allows full remote operation of the WING main screen
    • Setup/General/Preference for switching touch control off, while USB mouse is in use*
    • Channel delay (input channels, post-processing) increased to 500ms/150mtrs for AV applications
    • Increased drive range for warmth plugin
    • Improved indication of pre/post send taps
    • Channel pan/width now post tap (8) to make send tap selection more consistent
    • Additional info message when using post-fader send tap
    • Improved channel strip overview (including fader position/level

More Features

• Source edit auto select improved when source solo is active
    • Touch panel test with logfile
    • Activate source solo with SOLO button in source solo channel
    • Allow screenshots of popover pages (CLR_SOLO closes page on release)
    • Routing pages swapped to improve workflow for new users
    • Configurable main link (off, 1/2, 1-3, 1-4)
    • Autocorrect file/directory names that could lead to problems with some operating systems
    • Help when setting DCA names (to control monitor levels)
    • Bus/Main/Matrix EQ with speaker processor crossover filter types on lo/hi band
    • Monitor source mix (add source signal to solo signal)
    • EQ band solo trim preference for monitoring
    • StageConnect indicator now also showing bus error state (off/green/red)
    • Support for alternative DAC for aux outputs added

Bug Fixes

• DCA solo fixed for post panorama
    • Fixed VPH icon not updated correctly
    • Cleanup source solo routing entries on the routing page
    • Fixed mute override when in sends on fader mode
    • Fixed pitch correction fx issue, note on/off switches now correctly stored
    • Fixed static noise on mon B issue
    • Update of the upper/lower aux eq band icons

*) Note: Touch Control Lock can always be disengaged with press + hold on both buttons on the right side of the display, i.e. CLR SOLO and the black button if you need to get control back. For engaging the Touch Control Lock independent of the mouse preference, please press + hold CLR SOLO, SETUP, and the black button until the little cross icon in the top middle section is displayed.

Firmware Update from USB Stick:

1. Download any future FW updates from behringer.com and store them on a FAT formatted USB stick.
    2. Connect the USB stick to the top panel USB port of WING.
    3. Open the SETUP/GENERAL page and tap on the UPDATE icon on the left of the screen.
    4. A file browser will appear on the screen, and you can navigate to where the FW update is located.
    5. Select the correct FW update file and tap on UPDATE.
    6. After installing the update is completed, you will be prompted to reboot the console.
    7. The console can be rebooted by power cycling, or by selecting SETUP/SHUTDOWN and holding the SETUP button while pressing the HOME button.
    8. Verify the update was successful by comparing the firmware version on the left of the SETUP/ GENERAL screen.

Alternative Update Process without USB Stick:

1. If you don’t have a USB stick at hand, connect a USB cable to the rear panel USB port and to your computer.
    2. Either hold the blank button on the main display during power-up or open the SETUP/GENERAL Edit page in order to enable WING OS.
    3. A drive icon will appear on your computer, like connecting a flash drive or an external hard drive. Double click the drive to open.
    4. Extract the firmware zip file and drag/copy the new firmware file into the WING OS drive.
    5. After copying is completed, please eject the WING OS drive from your computer.
    6. WING should reboot automatically a few seconds after ejecting the drive. If it doesn’t, please power cycle the console, and verify the correct firmware version on the left of the SETUP/GENERAL screen.

Note, WING will always boot using the most recent firmware in the OS drive. However, it is recommended to delete older firmware files or move them to a subfolder.

read more...
    0 467
  • New
    harrisonfore92
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-06

Hey there, I just had a question about the behringer “wing”.

Is it able to share the Midas DL32 stage box with a M32 C? For instance the M32 C will be used for monitors and the Wing will be used for front of house split digitally via AES.

thanks! 

read more...
    0 461
    • harrisonfore92
      Paul_Vannatto Yes you sure can, just like you would with multiple M32
      • April 6, 2021
    • harrisonfore92
      GaryHiggins A Behringer Wing, a DL32 and an M32C walk into a bar and come out lifelong friends!
      • April 7, 2021
    • harrisonfore92
      KevinMaxwell I guess I will piggyback on this question and ask a few about the same basic thing.

If I have an M32 as a monitor console and a DL32 on stage and a WING at FOH I understand that there are a couple of different ways of wiring it up. What are the advantaged of the different ways? One place I have worked that has that basic setup except instead of a WING they have an M32 at FOH. And they have the DL32 AES50A connected to the house console AES50A and the DL32 AES50B connected to the Monitor console AES50A. I am not sure how they had the outputs configured. I think they had the FOH console using the DL32 outputs to the house speakers and the M32 Monitor console (XLR) outputs directly feeding the monitor speakers. But what is the difference if you have the DL32 connected to just the monitor M32 and then that connected to the FOH console. Would that be DL32 AES50A to the M32 AES50A and the AES50B of the DL32 to AES50A on the WING at FOH. Then how do you get the outputs to the House speakers on the DL32 and the Monitor outputs from the M32 to the Monitor speakers. BTW in this example all of the speakers are powered from Amps on stage.

Now in the OP (original posters) question it might be more like the setup I am thinking about. If I had a WING at FOH and an M32 at Monitor position without a DL32, since a DL32 and an M32c would basically be equal to an M32. I assume I would just hook the 2 up AES50A on stage to the AES50A at FOH. So the question that brings up is how do I route the outputs of the WING to the house speakers and the outputs of the M32 to the Monitor speakers? And actually in my case I would want to send the outputs from the WING to the AES/EBU output on the M32 and at least one output of the WING to an XLR output on the M32. The AES/EBU and the XLR would go to a DSP for the house speakers that I would move from FOH to the stage for this setup.
      • April 7, 2021
      • A Behringer wing a dl32 and a M32c walk into a bar...
        GaryHiggins Just a few other tidbits...the DL32 and S32 are the only 2 X/M32 stageboxes that allow the inputs to pass from both the A and B sides of it, the caveats in so doing Paul already stated.

With the A/B ports used to each mixer: From the B side of the DL32, any aes50 ch's sent from the Monitor position mixer to FOH (and then on to the DL) are shifted up a whopping 32 ch's. That is because the inputs of the DL itself take up the first 32 ch's to FOH as aes50a 1-32. Technically you could still send outputs to the DL from the monitor mixer position but only the first 16 aes50 ch's will make it and those 16 will be seen at FOH as aes50a 33-48. You could have the FOH mixer relay aes50a 33-48 to the DL XLR outputs or (parts of them)

Hooking up in the traditional way, that is daisy chained, is likely the easier way IF you really need the monitor mixer to control outputs.

EDIT: Forgot one other drawback in doing it like the above, it will put those same 16 ch's from the monitor mixer at the DL32 ultranet port, perhaps not an issue but it could be.
        • April 7, 2021
    • harrisonfore92
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Kevin,

Gary and I did not go further in our response, since the OP question was "is it possible". To answer your question, you need to understand how the DL32 works, particularly with its AES50 B port. Only the console connected to its A port has access (control) to the input preamps (gain and control) and the outputs. The console connected to the B port only has access to the input signals. What that means is that the B port console cannot send outputs to the DL32 and signals from FOH (eg. talkback) cannot be passed through the DL32.

The other setup with the monitor console in between the FOH and DL32 is much more flexible with signal routing, using the monitor console Routing AES50 along with the new User Out patching. Also preamp control (gain and phantom) can be assigned to either console.
      • April 7, 2021
    • harrisonfore92
      KevinMaxwell Thank you Gary and Paul. Now I just need to gather all of this equipment together and start to play with the different configurations. I will probably also bring along my SMAART system and test to see if there are any measurable differences and to see if there is any different propagation delay results with the different setups.
      • April 8, 2021
  • New
    JakeWeller
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-27

Hi, im looking for the output delay control on the behringer with to sync audio play back with video output. if anybody would be able to help me find the control that would be lifesaving. (I have been searching the internet and the console settings all day)

read more...
    0 447
    • JakeWeller
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Jake, output delays are only available on the 4 main and 8 matrix. Select the desired main or matrix, then the second screen. The output delay can be adjusted on the far right.
      • November 27, 2020
      • Behringer Wing - Output Delay Control Help
        JakeWeller i'm still have some trouble, i have selected the main i would like to adjust but I cant work out what you mean by "second Screen". I appreciate the help Paul
        • November 27, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto When you select any channel strip, you will see on the left side of the screen "Home", then 6-8 (depending on the channel strip) icons below it. Each of these are screens. Select the one just below the "Home" screen.
        • November 27, 2020
        JakeWeller Thank you so much I got there in the end.
        • November 27, 2020
  • justinlau21
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2020-10-17

I wanted to play music on my Behringer Wing directly using USB,first i use MP3 format,at it is not found by the mixer. After that i convert my music to WAV ,the mixer found it but when i play it show failure .pls help

0 436
    • justinlau21
      Paul_Vannatto Make sure the Wing's clock rate (44K1 or 48) is identical to the wav sample rate.
      • October 17, 2020
    • justinlau21
      justinlau21 How do I change my wav sample rate for 48 clockrate
      • October 17, 2020
      • How To Play Music On Behringer Wing Via Pendrive
        Paul_Vannatto What program are you using to convert MP3 to Wave? Most converters provide an option of setting the sample rate.
        • October 17, 2020
      • How To Play Music On Behringer Wing Via Pendrive
        KevinMaxwell It might be easier to just change the sample rate on the Wing.
        • October 17, 2020
  • New
    h941224
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-14

Can I connect this product with a cat6 Ethernet cable?

0 398
    • h941224
      Paul_Vannatto Yes you can
      • January 13, 2021
      • Behringer P16-M
        h941224 Hi Paul, thanks.
        • January 13, 2021
    • h941224
      ThomasWilliams If you can find it, go with _Shielded_ Cat 6 cable. I'm pretty sure it is what Behringer recommends. Unshielded may work (I've used it), but Shielded is advisable for longer distances. It is also, unfortunately, a boatload more expensive than commodity unshielded.
      • January 13, 2021
      • Behringer P16-M
        h941224 Thanks
        • January 13, 2021
    • h941224
      Paul_Vannatto I'm actually using cat7 cable between my stageboxes and my Turbosound iQ speakers (with Ultranet) and find it works great. All cat7 is double shielded (individual pairs wrapped in foil and braided shielding wrapped around all 4 twisted pairs) and the price is relatively inexpensive (eg. 30' cable for $11.38 CAD).
      • January 14, 2021
  • BobbySadler
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-10-11

I like the custom view feature for User 1 & User 2 with X32-Edit.. but they don't save with the scenes.. am I missing something?

0 391
    • BobbySadler
      Paul_Vannatto Yes that is correct. The custom view is not saved in scenes because the custom view is specific to the X32-Edit app. Scenes save settings that are console related only. You will need to save the custom view as a bank, by first selecting the Mixer tab at the top, then press the Save button in the left column.
      • October 11, 2020
      • User 1 & User 2 Custom Views in X32-Edit don't save with Scene
        BobbySadler excellent.. thank you again Paul!
        • October 11, 2020
    • BobbySadler
      BobbySadler awesome to learn about saving and loading Banks.. I never used before now..

here's another X32-Edit related question Paul:

on the Show Control window where all the Scenes, Snippets, Cues etc live there's the left side for the PC and the right side for the Mixer.. right so far?
      so is there a way to Copy/Paste (Scenes/Snippets/etc) from Mixer to PC?
      • October 11, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto Hey Bobby, scenes can be transferred by loading the scene then switching to the PC Scene screen and saving. Cues and snippets can't be done this way unfortunately. The best way to transfer cues and snippets is by exporting to a USB stick on the console (using the Utility button), then importing into the app. Exporting and importing a show will transfer all cues, scenes and snippets.

I prefer to develop my cues, scenes and snippets on my laptop using X32-Edit, Scene Parser and/or Show Manager, then transfer what I need to the console via USB stick.
        • October 12, 2020
        BobbySadler thanks again.. that worked.
        • October 12, 2020
  • New
    RexBeckett
    Superhero - Level 3
    2021-01-22

Following the purchase of a Flow 8 Digital Mixer, I set about learning how it worked – from a user’s perspective. This was done by connecting audio test equipment to the inputs/outputs and observing the effect of each of the controls on the various outputs. The results allowed the creation of an apparent signal paths diagram. The diagram reflects the Flow 8 functionality with firmware V11729. Subsequent firmware releases may change the signal paths.

The diagram is not part of any official documentation and is just intended to help users understand how the various controls affect the operation of this great little digital mixer.

View Attachment

Edit: Firmware V11739 provides several additional routing options. An updated diagram has been attached to a new discussion: https://community.musictribe.com/discussions/77059/310428/flow-8-apparent-signal-paths-v11739

read more...
    3 390
    • RexBeckett
      DaveMorrison Nice work. How do you like the Flow8 as a mixer?
      • January 22, 2021
      • Flow 8 Apparent Signal Paths (V11729)
        RexBeckett Thanks, Dave. I think that the Flow 8 is great for mixing solo or duo performers and is ideal for many streaming or broadcast applications. The hardware has been well conceived and designed and has many advantages over typical small analogue desks. The Android app needs some attention but most of the functions work.

I see the Flow 8 as filling the space between a small analogue mixer and an XR18. I have been testing it in a multi-participant streaming environment where it replaces a Xenyx QX1002USB + UMC404HD. The Flow 8 is excellent in this role - providing both a physical control surface and the advantages of a digital mixer e.g. instant recall of saved snapshots, remote control and multi-channel recording over USB.
        • ·
        • January 22, 2021
    • RexBeckett
      Jerrylee1 Thanks for the diagram Rex, the compressor ratios vs percentage good to know. Lots of potential in this little mixer!
      • January 22, 2021
    • RexBeckett
      RexBeckett We may as well use this discussion to collect other information that could help new owners of a Flow 8.

In the channel EQ, the Low and High bands are shelving and are specified at 20Hz and 20kHz – outside the range that most of us can hear. They have quite shallow slopes, though, so can be used to shape the bottom and top ends. I have measured the -3dB points (frequencies) for a range of settings.

Low Shelf
      0dB: 18Hz, -3dB: 31.5Hz, -6dB: 100Hz, -9dB: 125Hz, -12dB: 140Hz, -15dB: 180Hz

High Shelf
      0dB: >20kHz, -3dB: 20kHz, -6dB: 8kHz, -9dB: 6.3kHz, -12dB: 5.6kHz, -15dB: 5kHz

I think the bottom end of the Low Shelf is affected by the channel's Low Cut filter. This cannot be turned off so is set to the lowest frequency of 20Hz.
      • January 24, 2021
    • RexBeckett
      RexBeckett The Flow 8 responds to Midi messages via the USB connection to a PC. This is a one-way Midi link. The Flow 8 does not transmit any Midi messages. The Midi implementation is well documented in the Quick Start Guide. Continuous Control values can be calculated as shown below.

Fader Levels:
      CC Value = ((dB + 70) * 126 / 80) + 1

Bus Limiters: CC Value = (dB + 30) * 127 / 30

EQ Bands: CC Value = (dB + 15) * 127 / 30

Low Cut: CC Value = (Frequency - 20) * 127 / 580

Channel Gains: CC Value = (dB + 20) * 127 / 80

Pan/Balance: CC Value = (Setting + 1) * 127 / 2
      • January 24, 2021
    • RexBeckett
      RexBeckett A frequent question about the Flow 8 is: How easy is it to use a multi-layer surface wthout motorized faders? I find it surprisingly easy - for example:

When you change layers, the Offset LEDs above each fader show you when they are not synchronized. When you move one of the faders, the small LCD screen shows the dB value it should be set to and a moving line shows how far and in which direction you need to move the fader. This is a very handy feature which I have not seen mentioned in any online reviews.

When changing to an FX or Monitor layer to tweak a couple of channel sends, it is not necessary to synchronize all the channel faders. You only need to sync the ones that you want to change. This also reduces the number of offsets when returning to the Main layer.

Once the principle settings are in place, I tend to leave the physical surface on the Main layer. This allows easy adjustment of channel and Main faders. I have a 7" tablet running the Flow Mix app to allow tweaks to EQ, Compressors or FX parameters. In practice, once it is sounding good, the tablet is not essential.
      • January 25, 2021
      • Flow 8 Apparent Signal Paths (V11729)
        Jerrylee1 Same way of working as on the earlier Studiolive Presonus mixers, it works well.
        • January 26, 2021
  • New
    bruceamoore2020
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2020-12-14

I just downloaded the X32 Edit 4.2 for my Macbook Pro (running OSX 10.15.7 - Catalina) and got a warning that this software cannot be opened, as Apple cannot check it for malicious software.  Has anyone else run into this, and how did you solve?  Thank you for any advice. 

read more...
    0 388
    • bruceamoore2020
      DaveMorrison Just show it in the finder and open it. Allow it to run and you shouldn't haven't any problems. It runs fine on Catalina.
      • December 13, 2020
    • bruceamoore2020
      john0121 If you go to system preferences>security you can allow it to run from there. This only needs to be done once.
      • December 14, 2020
    • bruceamoore2020
      bruceamoore2020 Thank you Dave and John. I did the security override in system preferences and got it to open. That was the key. Now to learn how this darn thing routes the signal! (it is much smarter than I am, at this point!) Thank you again!
      • December 14, 2020
  • HeathanzSinz
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-06

I have a few audio interfaces, all work fine. I hooked up my Behringer X1204 to PC, nothing. Installed ASIO drivers, nothing.

Doesn't show up in my sound devices. My Line 6 pedal, my Steinberg UR44 all show up. Not my board.

TR2/USB to Main button in.

What am I missing?

read more...
    0 388
    • HeathanzSinz
      leah Hello @HeathanzSinz ,

Since the driver you've downloaded is a universal one, you'll find your device listed as "USB Audio CODEC". From your screenshot, I see that it's installed. Select this driver wherever you will be using the input/output from your X1204USB.

You should also be able to rename the driver within the properties. Right-click on the listing to access this menu on your computer.

I hope this helps!
      • October 6, 2020
  • MikeDrennan
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-09-14

I'd like to have two quick recalls on my Wing; the first where the alt inputs are set to USB in sources from my DAW, and a second where they are set to Wing Play sources.  This way I can toggle quickly between multitracking to a DAW and playing back multi tracks, or choosing to use the Wing Live card instead. 

The alt inputs are really the only thing I want to be different between the two snapshots.  Can someone guide me in the right direction of what to include in the save file, and what to "safe"?  

Lastly, is there no longer a way to recall a specific scene from a MIDI message or a custom button?  I miss having that from my X32 days.   

Thanks!

read more...
    0 387
    • MikeDrennan
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Mike,

First of all, there is no external mechanism (JSON, OSC or midi) to load a snapshot at this point in time. That is one important feature on the wishlist.

Secondly, what you are wanting to do (change alt input sources from USB to USB player and vise versa) requires snippet-like functionality (like on the X32/M32). Unfortunately at this point, this feature has not yet been developed on the Wing itself. But the good news is that the Wing now has an OSC server built into the lastest firmware (1.08). I have successfully ported my X32 Live Toolbox to the Wing platform and released the beta version this week (https://sourceforge.net/projects/wing-live-toolbox/). It provides snippet-like functionality using its tidbits. The release also includes all of the OSC commands. If you need any help developing tidbits for your application, just let me know.
      • September 13, 2020
      • Advice on Wing Snapshot management
        MikeDrennan Paul, thanks for the response. I downloaded your Toolbox app...very nice. Taking my first stab at it, if I wanted to switch Channel 14 from alt input USB 14 to alt input Wing Play 14, I would have to send two OSC commands to the desk: /ch/14/in/conn/altgrp/Play and then /ch/14/in/conn/altin/14. Is this correct?
        • September 14, 2020
        MikeDrennan Paul, can you comment on the above reply? Is that the correct OSC sequence for the example I gave? Thanks.
        • September 17, 2020
    • MikeDrennan
      Deo1 Hi guys.

I have just purchased my first gigital X32 mixer. I tried to connect it to my Mac, and use it to control my DAW which is Cubase8. But i can't get any signal out nor in.it looks like i have to redo everything from scratch although i just don't know what. Anyone can help?
      • September 14, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto This is a Wing thread, not an X32 thread. Please post a new thread regarding your X32 issue
        • September 14, 2020
    • MikeDrennan
      MikeDrennan I’m getting notifications that I have new responses to my thread, but nothing shows up?
      • September 16, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto I'm getting them too Mike
        • September 16, 2020
Go to page