Statistics

261,086 members
139,759 posts
  • MikeDrennan
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-10-03

Does anyone know how to broadcast channel names from the Wing to the Midas DP48?  All of the videos I've found show it to be a relatively painless operation from the X32 series, but it's vague for the Wing.

0 266
    • MikeDrennan
      Paul_Vannatto If you are referring to the scribble strip channel names, they will transfer through the AES50 from the Wing to the DP48 (shown in the Edit and Assign screen). But if you are referring to the group names, the Wing doesn't yet have that functionality. Instead you will need to create a csv file called "names.csv" and place it into the DP48M folder of the SD card. This file should include one line of the 12 group names (delimited by commas).

For example:
      Connor,Tim,Acoustic,LeadGtr,Bass,Steel,Kick,Snare,HiHat,Tom1,Tom2,OverHd
      • October 3, 2020
    • MikeDrennan
      MikeDrennan Paul, I can live with the stock group names for now. My channel names are not transferring via AES50.
      • October 3, 2020
      • Sending Channel Names from Wing to DP48
        Paul_Vannatto What is the Wing and DP48 firmware? Make sure you have the latest of both, since there was an issue earlier with the channel names not transferring. Also if you have a stagebox in between, make sure it also has the latest firmware.
        • October 3, 2020
        MikeDrennan I do have a stagebox. The DP48 and Wing are up to date, so hopefully that’s the issue. I’ll report back.
        • October 3, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto Mike, as Josh mentioned, the source names are transferred, not the channel strip names. That means that if you have named the channels and not the source, you won't get the names. You can transfer the scribble strip data on the channel strip second screen (Copy Customization) by simply dragging from one to the other.
        • October 7, 2020
    • MikeDrennan
      Indiana Its not the channel names that are transferred, its the source names. Are your sources named? We have not issues with this working. Wing is 1.08.1 and DP48's are 1.5. This functionality started working with 1.4 I believe. We have a dedicated run from Wing to DP48, no stage boxes in between, If you do have one in between, that may be your issue.
      • October 7, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto Good observation Josh (source names transferred). That would make sense.
        • October 7, 2020
        MikeDrennan It was indeed a stagebox causing the issue. Unfortunately, I’m a Mac user so I don’t have an easy way to update the firmware. I switched to AES50C direct and all is well.

In a semi-related question, has anyone had success broadcasting settings from one DP48 downstream to another? I figured out that the master controller needs to be set to MST and the remote setting enabled; does remote also need to be enabled on the receiver unit? The quick start guide isn’t clear on this.
        • October 10, 2020
        Indiana You have to set them all to Remote and then they will be assigned an ID based on the order they are plugged in. But there is an issue with this not working properly. But the next version of firmware will resolve the issue.
        • October 11, 2020
  • New
    dtwilliams10
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-05

I updated to v4.2 of X32 Edit yesterday, only to find that it immediately crashes when I try to open it. I made the mistake of not saving my working version before installing the updated version. I'm using a 2015 MBP with the latest public release of Big Sur. Any troubleshooting help would be appreciated, and I can provide the Apple log that is generated on a software crash. 

read more...
    0 265
    • dtwilliams10
      DavidKnighton Hello Tyler,
      With Mac and Windows, if you trash an app, you have the chance to dig it out of the bin until you dump it. If you haven't dumped the bin yet, then the older version is likely still there.

As for the new app, I would suggest trashing it, and dumping the bin so there's now trace of it left on your computer. Then download the app again from the website. Try to use a landline and avoid the use of WiFi. Let us know if this continues to be a problem for you.
      • Jan 5
      • FIXED! X32 Edit v4.2 crashes on Big Sur
        dtwilliams10 Hello David,
        I unfortunately did a replace instead of trashing the old app, so the old app is no longer available for me. I tried downloading a new copy after trashing the corrupted copy and emptying the trash bin, but the new copy is crashing just the same.
        • Jan 5
    • dtwilliams10
      JamesHood I was experiencing X32-Edit 4.2 crashing on Mac too. It turned out to be due to the data it stores after connecting to my sound board. A quick check for you would be to open Finder and press Command-Shift-G to go to a specific path. Type in “~/Library/.X32-Edit” and Go. This should show you the app’s data folder. The file “X32Edit.init” is the scene file it loads at startup. You can try renaming this file and then starting the app. If it’s an issue similar to mine, then it would start up fine, at least for one start. You could be back in the same boat after connecting to your X32 due to the data coming off the board and being saved in that file, as I was.
      • Jan 9
      • FIXED! X32 Edit v4.2 crashes on Big Sur
        dtwilliams10 James, that fixed my issue! Thank you so much!
        • ·
        • Jan 11
  • New
    RexBeckett
    Superhero - Level 3
    2021-02-21

Following the purchase of a Flow 8 Digital Mixer, I set about learning how it worked – from a user’s perspective. This was done by connecting audio test equipment to the inputs/outputs and observing the effect of each of the controls on the various outputs. The results allowed the creation of an apparent signal paths diagram. The original diagram has been updated to reflect the Flow 8 functionality with firmware V11739. Earlier and later firmware releases may have different signal paths.

The diagram is not part of any official documentation and is just intended to help users understand how the various controls affect the operation of this great little digital mixer.

Edit: Diagram revised to correct pre-fader signal taps in Main and Mon buses. (22 Feb 2021)

View Attachment

read more...
    2 260
  • Omendez454512
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-15

Could anyone help me find the latest x32 edit firmware that works with the 4.3 firmware mixing console? 

I have look in the downloads.

But the firmware for the x32 edit available there is 3.2 and it won't respond to the mixing console firmware know 4.3

Any updates on our location where I could find this would be super appreciated 

read more...
    0 258
  • New
    Gonzo536
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-24

I know how to setup the busses to have effects but I like to use the send master for reverbs and the return for delays but I can't find or figure out how to get the return fader? Any help please 

0 255
    • Gonzo536
      KevinMaxwell When doing live sound I like to be able to quickly change the effects, mostly the vocal reverbs, with the control at my fingertips. I usually have that functionality assigned to a DCA. I also change reverb delay time to match the pace and style of the song. I usually assign the delay time to a user control knob so it is easily accessible.

I have set up the Mains section (4 faders) to be the effects master sends by inserting an effect there. I then return that to Aux inputs 5-8. So I can mix/send the effects to wherever I want them.

I always use the Matrix sends for the House speaker sends no matter what kind of show I am doing. So the 4 Mains are something I wouldn’t be using anyway. And I always use a DCA as my master that is usually controlling the Mix Bus(es) that I am usually using as variable sub groups.

Regarding effects I usually roll off some of the lows and highs and also compress the feed to the effect. I find to me that EQ makes it sounds more natural. And with the compression it enables me to drive it hard enough to hear it more at the lower levels but then not got to be too much reverb when the singer starts to really belt it out. When checking out the reverb effects on the WING I was jumping back and forth to different reverbs and different times and I found I really liked the vocal reverb when I had 2 different ones in play at the same time on the same source.
      • Apr 23
    • Gonzo536
      GeorgeDougherty Go to on aux return(or any input channel). On the source input assignment, change the source group from a physical input to the Bus option and select the bus you're utilizing for the Fx Send.

I use this to good effect to minimize my effects bus usage down to 4 buses. Lead, Bg, Instrument, Drums. Instrument and drums insert a reverb and route out to the mains directly. Bg is assigned to one Aux returm and Lead is routed to 4 Aux returns where I have assigned a plate verb, a hall verb, an Ultratap delay for Echo delay and a Stereo Delay for a slapback effect.
      User 1 on the right bank of 4 then has those 4 returns so I can blend effects on the fly. The Custom controls section has rotary controls for the plate, hall, bg verb and slap delay. Custom Buttons jump to each of those effect units and have a tap tempo button for the echo delay.

I played with how Kevin has his mains for post-fade fx sends originally, but ended up using them for system output routing before my Matrixes and consolidated all my fx sends in the bus master section on bus 13-16.

Since I control our live stream from the one console I use my 4 mains for: M1: Stereo Master, M2: Aux Subs, M3: Broadcast Only, and M4: Room Only mixes. The physical outputs are sourced from matrixes so M1 routes to the main speaker and broadcast matrixes, M2 to a subwoofer matrix, and M3/M4 directly to their respective matrixes. M3 lets me boost things in the broadcast that are already loud in the room and M4 lets me add reverb or audio in the room so the reverb levels are balanced naturally between the stream and live mix or streamed audio doesn't loop back into itself under certain scenarios we've encountered.
      • Apr 25
  • MarcusLinden
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-09-12

Hi

We have a Wing with a S32 on AES50-A and two S16 on AES50-B for our PA-mix.

Now we are thinking of buying a second Wing for a separate broadcast-mix.

Do you know if it would be possible to connect the second Wing to the B-port of the S32 (and S16s) to get the same inputs to both boards?

Will the Wings detect eachother so that it is possible to set one as gain-master or will both have access to the gain and 48V ?

read more...
    0 252
    • MarcusLinden
      DaveMorrison You can easily connect 2 (or more) Wings together in a variety of ways. If you use the the S32's B port, the console connected to the B port cannot control the Gain and cannot send signals to the stage box. This will not work with S16s. The best and easiest way is to connect both consoles directly together and forward the signals to the other console. Then both consoles can send signals to the stageboxes outputs (for mains, monitors, and IEMs). Only one console can control the Gain and Phantom Power, but you get to choose which one. If you have questions on routing the signal between consoles, just ask.
      • September 11, 2020
      • Connect 2 Wings to same stage-box
        MarcusLinden Thanks for quick answer! If connecting the consoles directly together on the C-port, and routing a source from the A-port to channel 1 on the PA-desk, would it be possible to configure the C-port to send cannel 1:s input (without specifying which source it comes from)? Like having the broadcast mix to automatically follow the routing on the PA-desk?
        • September 11, 2020
      • Connect 2 Wings to same stage-box
        DaveMorrison I would imagine there would be a way. I'm a X32/M32 user, but the AES50 interconnection bus is the same. The trick would be to forward AES50-A out to AES50-C. On the X32, coping the basic scene from one console to the other can give a quick start on the layout of a new mix. Paul, Gary, or other Wing experts can answer this question for you. Unfortunately, we STILL can't tag other users on this new-fangled forum (or directly share scenes).
        • September 12, 2020
    • MarcusLinden
      GaryHiggins I’m afraid you will have to do some routing. If you use the C port to connect the second Wing you will need to rout on Wing1 by using the aes50c output group and populate it using the aes50a and b routing source groups so as to replicate your current inputs. On the second Wing you would use aes50 1-48 for the inputs in the correct order with whatever port letter you chose to connect by. If you use the A port it would be aes50a 1-48. If you only used the S32 (no S16’s) and connected to its B port you could duplicate the inputs by using the same snapshot. The 2 S16’s throw a wrench in those works. This makes using the C port the best choice by forwarding the inputs to the second Wing on one aes50 line. (I should add: imo)
      • September 12, 2020
    • MarcusLinden
      Bmoller

Hi - I have 1 S32 and 2 wings. We have the main in-house wing mixer (wing 1) connected to A on the back of the S32. Our 2nd wing (wing 2) is for streaming. We have wing 2 plugged into B on back of the S32 and into A on the back of wing 2. Wing 1 works great, wing 2 gets no signal. How do I get a signal from B to wing 2 from B on back of S32. As info, Wing 2 plugged into A on back of S32 gets a signal just fine. Move the ETH to B - nothing. Thanks!

• Nov 28
  • New
    bruceamoore2020
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2020-12-14

I just downloaded the X32 Edit 4.2 for my Macbook Pro (running OSX 10.15.7 - Catalina) and got a warning that this software cannot be opened, as Apple cannot check it for malicious software.  Has anyone else run into this, and how did you solve?  Thank you for any advice. 

read more...
    0 247
    • bruceamoore2020
      DaveMorrison Just show it in the finder and open it. Allow it to run and you shouldn't haven't any problems. It runs fine on Catalina.
      • December 13, 2020
    • bruceamoore2020
      john0121 If you go to system preferences>security you can allow it to run from there. This only needs to be done once.
      • December 14, 2020
    • bruceamoore2020
      bruceamoore2020 Thank you Dave and John. I did the security override in system preferences and got it to open. That was the key. Now to learn how this darn thing routes the signal! (it is much smarter than I am, at this point!) Thank you again!
      • December 14, 2020
  • New
    Rumfitt
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-21

I am finding that if I leave my XR18 connected to the X Air Edit on my Mac, after a while (a couple of minutes?) it will disconnect from X Air Edit unless I am sending sound from the mac to the mixer, and I then have to reconnect and resynch with the mixer in order to adjust the volume of the Mac's USB input. The mixer is still working - I just can't control it without reconnecting.

It's possible that this occurs when the X Air Edit app loses focus - it retains the connection for a while but doesn't appear to be able to keep it without being the active window. This is not a network issue - I can maintain a constant ping in the background to the mixer with latecy of less than 1ms and connectivity is excellent. The connection re-establshes as soon as it is requested.

The X Air App on the iPad does not appear to behave in this way and stays connected even if there is no input active on the mixer. The app remains in the foreground, which may be a factor, but it doesn't seem to disconnect if the screen locks..

Is there any way to stop the XR18 disconnecting from X Air Edit? This has become an issue because if I am waiting for someone to come on a Zoom/Skype/Meet call and it doesn't have any input yet, X Air Edit has timed out and I have to re-synch before I can adjust the levels when they come on the call.

Thanks

read more...
    0 238
    • Rumfitt
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Mike, the issue is not with the X-Air Edit app, since it doesn't timeout at all in Linux, Windows or Raspberry Pi version of the app. There is probably some network setting in the Mac that is making it timeout.
      • December 21, 2020
    • Rumfitt
      DavidKnighton Hello Mike,
      Newer Mac OS has a setting called APP NAP that will essentially put your app to sleep if it is minimized or running in the background. This is to help keep resources and battery life at maximum for your system. You can disable APP NAP globally and see if it resolves the issue. Most apps offer the option to disable APP NAP feature individually, but ours currently does not, so you have to make use of the global option. Our developers have been notified of this conflict with the Mac OS feature and are hoping to release a fix in the next app update, but currently no ETA on when that will happen.
      • December 22, 2020
    • Rumfitt
      Rumfitt Thanks, both, for your comments. I am going to try the app on a different mac and see if the same thing happens so I can establish if it's just this machine or all OSX machines. As I said, it doesn't seem to be an issue on iPad, though IOS is less good at multi-tasking. The X Air App on IOS is not as good as X Air Edit on OSX, though IMHO.

The App Napp thing is entirely new to me, though I've been working with Macs for years - I checked and the app does show as napped in the Activity Monitor under the Energy tab, so maybe that is the issue. I shall try the global disable and reboot.

Many thanks.
      • December 22, 2020
    • Rumfitt
      Rumfitt David, running the global disable on App Napp has fixed it for now, and the app stays connected even when I'm using another app (like now). Obviously disabling this globally has consequences for the other apps running in the OS, so I would add my +1 for adding this into the app options as a request if there is a way to do that?
      • December 22, 2020
      • X Air Edit connection to XR18 times out when inactive.
        DavidKnighton Hello Mike, thanks for confirming. In my personal opinion, if you're running enough applications on your Mac to where APP NAP would be beneficial, then you should probably just close out all your unused apps rather than leaving them open. If your apps are not in immediate use, then why have them open at all? It's kinda like leaving the fridge door open on the off chance you might need to grab a beverage, except the fridge turns itself off to conserve energy.
        • December 22, 2020
  • New
    KeithBrown
    Contributor - Level 3
    2021-02-08

Hi folks. I glanced over at my X32 Compact mixer and saw this error message. Any idea what it means?

0 234
    • KeithBrown
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Keith, are you using an external app? The error message is saying that it received an OSC command with a value (or values) that was too long. When I was first developing Live Toolbox, I got that message quite frequently.
      • Feb 7
    • KeithBrown
      KeithBrown All I'm using is X32 Edit. I think it's the most recent one but not sure how to tell.
      • Feb 7
    • KeithBrown
      Paul_Vannatto Ok, then just reboot. In all likelihood it was just a fluke.
      • Feb 7
    • KeithBrown
      KeithBrown Thanks, Paul. I should have mentioned that I have seen this once before a couple of months ago. It doesn't seem to have affected anything negatively. If I close the message everything seems to be working normally. I guess I won't start to worry until there's smoke coming out of the mixer. :)
      • Feb 7
  • New
    ralfrottmann
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-04

As a super happy WING owner, I sometimes do use the FLOW 8 for streaming & podcast recording. However, there's one major downside: The FLOW 8 only has pre-fader monitor sends.

Are there any behringer folks around here?

Can you guys please add an option to the next firmware allowing to switch the monitor sends from pre-fade to post-fade so that when changing a faded of the Main mix, the corresponding monitor level is changed relatively to it. This option should be selectable per channel.

See pics below. Red: Now. Green: Wish.

read more...
    3 232
    • ralfrottmann
      Abdelkader Das Feature hätte ich für meinen Flow 8 auch sehr gerne. :)
      • Apr 4
    • ralfrottmann
      NeilMoore Yes please :)
      • Apr 10
    • ralfrottmann
      ChrisP314

I also desperately need this feature. Please add soon.

• May 3
    • ralfrottmann
      soundog Yes! Please provide a setting to select post- or pre-fader for each monitor send!
      • Aug 23
    • ralfrottmann
      DavidThomson1

Yes. It most certainly needs it as well fx sends. Can’t believe they have not added this in as a feature. Bought the flow yesterday for tonight’s gig and it’s back in the vehicle and have dragged out the x18. What an absolute idiotic decision not to have pre or post fader selections available. Will probably return the unit come Monday as it’s of no use to me this way. Let’s hope my wing that’s on back order doesn’t have this missing feature…….

• Sep 25
Go to page