2021-09-06

Is one on the way?

0 12
  • New
    RoySimohartono
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-09-26

Hi peeps, 

Due to... interesting covid lockdown rules in our area.. we had to split our musicians into different rooms in the building. No probs since we use the Wing as the main desk and run AES50 to the S16's and X32 (just to use the preamp I/O). The only problem now is syncing click tempo.

So I know there's a midi in/out on the back of them, but never used them before. Don't want to remote controlling anything - only interested if it can send a global Midi Click signal from the drummer's Ableton rig to everywhere. 

Basically I'm wondering if:

1) The Midi outs on them can be used like a 'thru'? 

Eg:

• Abelton click > S16 midi IN [AES50A WING] then -
      • > WING midi OUT > lights controller
      • > [AES50B Wing] > X32 midi OUT > guitar pedal board 

2) likewise use the same midi click as tap tempo for the Wing's FX plugins eg tape delay 

Hope this makes sense..

read more...
    0 12
  • New
    DanielThompson
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-10-18

If, on the Card Tab, I map the Local 1-8 to the USB card, is that sending the raw XLR Inputs 1-8 to the USB? Or is it sending the outputs of Input Channels 1-8, and if so is it post fader, or post EQ? Also, why are inputs 17-24 not assignable to the Card Output?

read more...
    0 12
    • DanielThompson
      Paul_Vannatto Assigning Local to the Card screen assigns signals directly after the physical XLR input preamps.

Regarding your second question ("why are inputs 17-24 not assignable to the Card Output?"), are you by chance trying to setup routing using the iPad app? If so don't. That app is designed as a mixing app and is not the best for doing complex routing and setup. I always use the X32-Edit app (for Mac, Windows, linux or Raspberry Pi) to do any setup (routing, etc.).
      • Oct 18
      • X32 Card Output - so confusing
        DanielThompson RIght, not using an iPad app.

So if we assign the inputs to the card that way we're bypassing the input channels (faders) correct? Which would explain why, when we muted the input channels we still got signal through the card. There are too many things called "input", it gets confusing.

So, I guess we cannot use 17-24 to the card then. Our original plan was to have the physical XLR inputs assigned to input channels 17-24 and 1-8, Then we were going to assign inputs 17-24 to the card and 1-8 to the main LR out, giving us one set of faders to the mains and one set to the card. We had to flip that around and put 17-24 to the mains now and 1-8 go to the card because the card won't take 17-24. But if you're saying the input channel is bypassed going to the card then it doesn't matter.
        • Oct 18
    • DanielThompson
      Paul_Vannatto I would suggest that in your thinking, from a routing perspective, separate physical inputs (Local, AES50, Card) from channel strip processing. If you want the physical inputs to go to the card outputs, then select the Local, AES50, etc). If you want channel strip processing to go to the card outputs, then you have to use one of the staging (patching) screens (Out 1-16, Aux Out, Ultranet) to assign the DirOut Ch and change the taps (eg. pre EQ, post EQ, etc.) as desired. Then assign that bank of 8 to the card outputs.

I'm not sure why you are saying you "cannot use 17-24 to the card" - 17-24 what?
      • Oct 18
    • DanielThompson
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Daniel, unfortunately you replied to the notification, rather than the main thread, which sends the the reply to a parallel universe. I sent you a PM (personal message - mail icon top right corner).
      • Oct 19
  • New
    magra
    Contributor - Level 1
    2021-11-10

How can I use DCA Spill with my X32 Rack (or X32 Core) and X-Touch?

I plan to control my X32 Rack or X32Core via my X-Touch.

Adjusting Levels on Page 1 (CH01 - CH08) and then adjusting the DCAs on Page 7 forces me to jump each time 6 pages forward to the DCA page and then back to Page 1.

To speed up the operation in a live situation it will be awsome to use DCA Spill on DCA page of X-Touch. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance.

read more...
    0 11
    • magra
      Paul_Vannatto As far as I know the DCA spill is not enabled on the Rack or Core, since they do not have physical faders. I know that is the case with the channel spill.
      • Nov 10
  • New
    Mangelo
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-15

I am a new X32 owner user. I have 1 amp that has 2 channels. 1 channel feeds a main and the other channel feeds a sub. I have set up my main and sub as two separate Matrix mixes.

Is this the best configuration in this circumstance?

read more...
    0 11
    • Mangelo
      Paul_Vannatto Are you planning on running the Main outputs as mono? Are you wanting the subs setup as aux fed subs or output of the Main LR?
      • Sep 15
      • New x32 user route question
        Mangelo I only have one main speaker and one sub. I went through the matrix cuz i was led to believe that I could only do the crossover processing that way. Is there a better way? I saw several YouTube videos suggesting the matrix setup is better versus aux fed.
        • Sep 15
    • Mangelo
      Paul_Vannatto I always use the Main M/C for the subs using the aux fed setup, where only specific channels (kick, fl toms, bass, keys, etc.) go to the subs. If you don't want that, then use the Main LR for your main speaker with appropriate EQ and send the Main LR to a matrix for the subs (with appropriate EQ). It only means that everything is going to both tops and subs.
      • Sep 15
  • New
    julio80c
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-12

Preciso comprar essa peça original, Tela Display Behringer X32 Full. A minha danificou. Onde compro?
    Pode ser nova ou usada, mas tem que ser original.

0 11
    • julio80c
      Dale_M Sorry to hear this, please go to the Support tab above and select a Spares Parts ticket to submit to us to assist you.
      • Nov 12
  • New
    jblosser
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-25

Hello, I'm having an issue with my X18. I've been using it for various audio recordings for the past 3 years and occasionally my DAW (Logic) will throw up an error message that there was a sync issue. I've ensured that all of the sample rates are the same on both the x18 and the DAW and have increased my I/O buffer, which hasn't helped. I had 0 issues with the X18 for the first 2 years of owning it and now all of a sudden it periodically has that error message.

Any suggestions?

read more...
    0 11
  • New
    BobbySadler
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-10-12

Hello.. I believe I have the latest preset library from Behringer.. but I am wondering if the community has a preset library.. there are folks out there like Drew who will sell you his presets.. but as a community I'm thinking there may be a place we can go to share our presets.. does anything like that exist? in particular I'm hoping to find some presets for various MixBus subgroups. Thanks in advance! ~Bobby

read more...
    0 11
    • BobbySadler
      whamil Hello, No one else has said anything, and I don't know of any. I don't think this is what you are looking for, but I'd share the basic scenes I use for shows and festivals, that have presets for eq's and compressors, which I use a lot. I'll attach a zip file, if I can, which has a readme.txt in it.
      • Oct 17
    • BobbySadler
      BobbySadler

thanks! will check them out.

• Oct 31
  • New
    Waelkawad
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-03

Hello Tribe,
    i am new with the XR18 ad XR air edit, i am using it at the church.

1. I was wondering how to hear to SOLO on the same PC i am using to control the mixer which is using Windows 10.
    2. Also, how can i record the session on the same PC?

thank you for your help,

God bless.

read more...
    0 11
    • Waelkawad
      Dale_M Hi there, the X AIR EDIT software does not actually pass audio: think of it as your computer being a rather large remote control for the actual XR18 mixer. If you want to use the solo and actually record your sessions you need to connect the mixer to your computer using your choice of DAW such Cubase, ProTools etc.
      • Nov 3
  • New
    SLUK100
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-24

hello all, hoping someone can help.

we currently tried to update our x32 firmware. the update failed so we continued with our work but after switching off and back on again, a bootloader failure message appeared in the screen and the only lights on the desk are the menu buttons. we have tried inserting the USB and holding the view button (amongst other things) but we're getting no response from the desk at all.

see pic

I'd really apreciate any feedback, in hope it's an easy fix...

many thanks CB

read more...
    0 11
    • SLUK100
      KevinMaxwell This is a copy and paste from the update directions. Did you follow these directions? Make sure you download the firmware again, your download might have gotten corrupted. that happened to me one time.

Alternative Update:
      1. Download the new console firmware from the X32 product page at behringer.com onto the
      root directory of a FAT32 formatted USB thumb drive.
      2. Plug the USB thumb drive into the top panel USB connector while the console is turned off.
      3. Hold the USB View button pressed while switching the console on. While booting, the X32 will
      run a fully automatic firmware update, which will take 2-3 minutes longer than the regular boot
      sequence.
      4. When no update file is available on the USB drive, or when it is corrupted, the update mode will
      remain active, preventing the X32 from booting regularly. Switch the console off and back on
      without holding the USB View button to boot the console with the existing firmware.
      Note: Behringer recommends to create a console backup before installing the update.
      This backup can be restored in case of data loss during the firmware update.
      • Sep 24
      • Behringerx32 bootloader fail
        SLUK100 thanks for that, we've followed these instructions but the desk doesn't respond, nothing is working on the desk
        • Sep 24
    • SLUK100
      KevinMaxwell Did you try an older firmware update following those procedures? Just to see if anything will work?
      • Sep 24
    • SLUK100
      GaryHiggins Try it again but make sure no other firmware file is in the root directory, as a matter of fact, try it on a drive if you can, that only has the exact firmware file desired on it. Even if you temporarily copy everything else somewhere while you do. It has been a while since we have been able to update with multiple firmware files on a usb stick and choose which one we want BUT it is well worth trying it the “old” way….with only a single firmware file in the root directory. Less chance for corruption. Edit: btw I was once there in firmware limbo and thought I had bricked my mixer, I was able to recover eventually. I also recall a different usb stick and the above got me home again. This is also worth a try. A different usb stick formatted Fat32 .
      • Sep 24
Go to page