Statistics

294,763 members
177,892 posts
  • New
    dave7005
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-24

Greetings!   I am new here.  I run an X-32 mixer for a medium sized church.  We also run a screen system with ProPresenter.  

Last Sunday everything was working fine through sound check, then suddenly, I could not get any selection buttons to light and the faders were not doing anything.  Yet there was still sound going through, the last setting in sound check.  Now comes the wacky part.  I loaded my X32 remote IPad app.  As I moved the faders on the app, they worked on the console as well...  only it was now controlling the sound.  Yet if I went back to the channel on the console and move the slider, no effect.  I had to run the entire service from the ipad, but sitting behind the console.  I am so confused.  I sure hope that some of you guys might have some idea of what is happening here.

Much appreciated!

Dave

read more...
    0 25
    • dave7005
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Dave, did someone inadvertently lock the console when you weren't looking? After the service was finished did you shut down, then restart the console to see if the physical surface resumed normal operations?
      • August 24, 2021
  • New
    Francois43912
    Regular Contributor - Level 1
    2021-11-28

It's been almost 2 years since the announcement. Is there a progress update at least, not an ambiguous "soon".

0 25
  • New
    ValeriuM_Trufin
    Contributor - Level 2
    2022-04-04

I know that these routings have been discussed many times, but I can't seem to find the corect setup.

As in the picture we have a DL32 and S16 on stage, going to FOH where is the WING, and then from the WING we go to X32 for online stream.

In the WING I patched for outputs AES50-B the source AES50-A (not channels)

The Clock source for X32 is AES50 port A.

The problem is that whenever I adjust the EQ on the WING channel strip for a microfone,  the changes can be heard on the X32 source as well.

read more...
    0 25
    • ValeriuM_Trufin
      KevinMaxwell I have never setup that exact configuration so I am guessing here. I would think that you want the DL32 and the S16 as your sources for the X32 not the outputs of the WING. I think this line in you explanation is the problem “In the WING I patched for outputs AES50-B the source AES50-A (not channels)”. I am not sure if the X32 allows you to access the stage boxes in this way.

As I said this is just a guess. I will be following this because I am interested in this. I have setup other configurations but not this one yet.
      • Apr 4
      • What is the correct configuration for Wing+X32+DL32+S16
        ValeriuM_Trufin What other setup you have that I could use to properly have the Wing control the Stagebox Gain and power, but leave X32 free for everything else.
        • Apr 4
        KevinMaxwell Where are these devices physically located in relation to each other. I assume that the DL32 and the S16 are on stage.
        • Apr 4
        ValeriuM_Trufin DL32/S16 on stage, X32 in a room above the stage, with direct acces for cable runs to the stage and FOH where the Wing is.
        We do have phone Stereo Jack and 4 Wireless Mic Recievers at FOH straight into the Wing local inputs, that we also rout to the X32. (Not all 48 stage inputs are used).
        So at the routing section in the Wing. I assigned the needed AES50 A signals + Wing Local I/O to AES50 B to get to X32.
        • Apr 4
    • ValeriuM_Trufin
      Paul_Vannatto As Kevin mentioned, if you have the AES50 A signals (1-48) assigned to the AES50 B Outputs on the Wing, the only adjustments (on the Wing) that will affect the X32 will be the gains and phantom.
      • Apr 4
        ValeriuM_Trufin That is what I was expecting and wanted with this setup.
        But it is not what is happening.
        • Apr 4
    • ValeriuM_Trufin
      Paul_Vannatto The only way channel strip processing (including EQ) can be assigned to an output is by using the Routing, User Signal screen, then assign that User Signal to the output.
      • Apr 4
        KevinMaxwell Paul you might know the answer to this. If you go from WING AES50a to DL32 AES50a then, DL32 AES50b to S16 AES50a and then from S16 AES50b to the X32 AES50a would that work? And also if setup this way wouldn’t the WING be the only mixer with preamp gain control. Looking at the X32 routing in X32edit I really think that this is the only way that this would work. But I am not sure exactly how you rout the wireless mics at the WING at FOH to the X32. BUT I always put my wireless receivers as close to the stage as I can. So I would just plug them into one of the stage boxes.
        • Apr 4
    • ValeriuM_Trufin
      Paul_Vannatto Kevin, the answer to your first question is no. The B port of the S16 is designed for cascading stageboxes only. The DL32 can be connected as you suggested, not the S16.

The answer to your second question (preamp control), remember the 2 rules of preamp control:
      1. the console closest to the preamps (including those that are part of stageboxes) has control by default.
      2. only one console can have preamp control at any given point in time.

The X32 has a feature (in the Setup, preamps screen) that can relinquish control to another console (connected to either the A or B port). But the Wing does not have this feature (at this point). So with ValeriuM_Trufin's setup, the Wing would have preamp control, since it is connected to the stageboxes.
      • Apr 4
        KevinMaxwell So if the S16 AES50 B can only be used for jumping to another stage box. Can it then be set up as AES50a of the WING to S16 AES50a. Then AES50B of the S16 to AES50a of the DL32 and then AES50 B of the DL32 to AES50a on the X32?
        • Apr 4
    • ValeriuM_Trufin
      Paul_Vannatto With that configuration, the X32 would only have access to the 32 inputs of the DL32.
      • Apr 4
        KevinMaxwell Does that mean that the original wiring in the OPs post would work the only change needed would be to not send the outputs of the WING to the X32? Looking at X32edit I don’t see how the X32 would access all of the channels from the WING and the DL32 and the S16 all on the X32 AES50a input routing. There is something obvious that I am missing.
        • Apr 4
  • New
    Jonesy66
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-31

Hey there. 

Can anyone shed some light on the availability of a foot switch to turn off the effects on my Behringer XAir desk? I'm a singer and would like to disable the effects when I speak to the audience without having to grab the iPad. I believe it can be done via the midi port but A) I have no idea how that works or how to do it and B) which switch would be compatible. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks. Alan. 

read more...
    0 25
  • New
    OscarRichardson
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-02

Hello to anybody who can help:

I've broken the micro usb socket off my flow 8 circuit board by accident and lost it - now the flow 8 is at a repair workshop and they don't know which exact micro usb socket to use that will fit the board. I bought one from an electronics shop assuming there was a standard to the design but apparently not. 

Can anyone from behringer find out what the part is? I don't know where else to go from here but I really want that mixer back.

Regards,

Oscar

read more...
    0 25
    • OscarRichardson
      WilliamR Hello, If you click on the support tab above and create a parts case, we can get this part ordered for you.
      • November 2, 2021
  • New
    RobinBoudreauxS
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-12-05

Having trouble setting up a router to the X32. I had it and the router went out. Can't figure it out.  Looked at you tube but I must be doing something wrong.Thx in advance Robin Boudreaux Sr from South Louisiana. [email protected] 

0 25
  • New
    KenChampaign
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-09-09

I have no problem playing it back on the  Wing  but I want to save the 16 track mix for later use in my DAW  Logic Pro X. I need to use the SD cards for another show in a few days. I'm sure it's just a routing issue. . . .  always is with my wing. 

read more...
    0 25
  • New
    kennyjames
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-17

Hi love the Flow 8 but I can't get it to work with my laptop, I use Cakewalk by Band Lab to record with but can't seem to get it to work, an instructional video explaining how to set th mixer up to the laptop and if I need to download any drivers would be a great help as I am not a computer wiz kid and need things explaining in simple terms it's an age thing. On the only videos that I can find there is only a brief mention about being able to record using the Floe 8 it doesn't show you what you need to do to make this happen infact it only shows an over view of what the mixer can do, can you help as this is a great little mixer and I would like to get the best out of it Regards Kenny  

read more...
    0 25
    • kennyjames
      KyleJohnson Hi Kenny, Kyle here with Music Tribe. The first thing you should do is verify the USB Routing parameter. You can find it in the Setup>Routing menu. This will determine which signals are sent out via USB. Then, in your DAW you need to assign the FLOW 8 as the Input device, then you should be able to select from USB inputs 1-10 to assign to your tracks for recording.
      • October 17, 2021
  • New
    pilgrims1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-25

Follow this way....

1. push VIEW button of left 12 channels.

2. touch any one processor

3. and then it's bottom line parameter's not shonw.

but after select other channel or other processor slot,

and return again,

it shown agrain.

read more...
    0 24
  • New
    DavidReed47
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-03-03

New to the X32 and need some insight. I'm producing a radio show that also streams to the internet. We have ad spots that only need to air on the audio feed I'm sending to the streaming side through a mix bus. Is there a way to remove the mics from the MAIN L/R which feeds the radio side, and keep them up for the stream side. 

read more...
    0 24
    • DavidReed47
      jym73 test
      • Mar 3
    • DavidReed47
      jym73 What do we have to do to open a new discussion on this website? I tested with chrome, brave, edge, firefox...All the forms on this website have issues. I can only answer. Plus, support is inexistant, never a single answer to my tickets and no answer by emial too.
      • Mar 3
    • DavidReed47
      KevinMaxwell It looks like you are saying that you want the mics up for the streaming side while you are running an ad spot on the steaming side and the mics off on the radio side (L/R) at that time. That doesn't sound right.
      • Mar 3
    • DavidReed47
      Paul_Vannatto Select the channel you don't want to go to Main LR, then select the Main tab at the top and unselect the LR button.
      • Mar 3
    • DavidReed47
      GaryHiggins

I replied to this (and just deleted it) somwhow a VERY odd pic was added...not what I selected to add, even remotely. What the hell is Timmy (lol) This forum gets stranger by the day!

• Mar 3
Go to page