Statistics

293,464 members
176,457 posts
  • New
    Jojomeurer
    Contributor - Level 1
    2021-09-21

Hi Guys,

i just get my new WING after I got one with ghost screen issues. Now everything seems to work great except from the fan loudness. If it turns on it starts on high rpm but slows down immediatly. But in silent environment im hearing the fan rotating with an interfering high frequency. Seems to be at 8-9khz.

Its not a big problem but if it could be changed it will be great. Maybe its possible to do this in the firmware in an upcoming update. Sometimes a fan simply has to run a little bit higher or even slower to resolve this problem. Maybe a option in the setup page which gave the user the possibilty to set the rpm within a specific range to solve this problem? Just an idea of mine. 

If this could be submitted to the engineers it would be great. Thanks so far :)

read more...
    0 22
    • Jojomeurer
      Paul_Vannatto That fan needs to either be oiled or replaced IMHO. The fan on my Wing is very quiet. I had to shine a flashlight at it just to see if it was running.
      • September 21, 2021
  • New
    anoelopes
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-04-08

I've tried several PEN drives but I always get an error (red signal) I can't play or record anything.

0 22
    • anoelopes
      GaryHiggins Needs to be formatted Fat32, not exfat. Officially 32gig max size. What Wing firmware version?
      • Apr 8
    • anoelopes
      haischmann I use USB 2.0, because USB 3.0 did not work
      • Apr 8
    • anoelopes
      anoelopes

I bought it this year and have already updated the firmware BE-P0BV2-WING-Firmware_1.12.6_Mousetrap

• Apr 8
    • anoelopes
      Dale_M Can you try another (smaller) USB drive that is formatted to FAT32?
      • Apr 8
    • anoelopes
      anoelopes

yes, I tested several flash drives of different capacities, they would probably all be USB 3.0

• Apr 8
  • New
    andreaconfa
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-12-22

Hi all.

I'm setting up my X32 to use it in a sport palace/gym space where i have this speaker configuration:

2 (1xL and 1xR) speakers full range that i want to use mainlyfor the music but also to speaked part
    4 speakers mounted on top of the stalls the i want principally use for the speaked output but also some music.

The speakers are so arranged as the environment is very reverberant and therefore in order to have a good reception of the spoken part, speakers installed close to people are necessary but they are not able to reproduce the music well enough, which therefore wants to be reproduced. big main speakers.

So what i need is that the "Music Speaker" to output some of the speaked part and also the stalls speaker to output some part of the music mainly played on the "music Speaker"

This speaker configuration is done like this because the environment

From the begenning i setted up my main L/R output to the "Music Speaker" and a Mixbus 1and2 to the stalls speaker.

With this configuration i'm able to send the music to the stalls speaker and adjust it as i want indipendently of the main ouput but i can't adjust how much "microphone" i want to output to the music speaker.

How can i setup a configuration as described in whic i can manually define how much of every input goes the the outputs?

An idea was to us MixBus1and2 for the music speakers and MixBus 3and4 for the stallsspeaker but i don't known if is the correct setting.

EXAMPLE:

Input 1: Microphone

Input 2: Music

Outputs have to be:

Big Speaker: Music 80%, Microphone 20%

Stalls Speakers: Microphone 80%, Music 20%

Sorry for my very bad english and thanks

read more...
    0 22
    • andreaconfa
      Paul_Vannatto Make sure the channel sends to mixbus 1/2 are pre fader. Then you will have independent control of the channel signals for both the Main LR and Mixbus 1/2
      • December 22, 2021
    • andreaconfa
      KevinMaxwell The way I would do this that I think makes it easier to operate and give you more flexibility is as follows. Use a Mix Bus for your microphones (post fader) and use another Mix Bus for your music (post fader) you can use 2 for music if you want. Then use a Matrix send for your Big Speakers and use another Matrix send or 2 for your Stall speakers. Then send the different Mix Bus sends to the Matrix that is feeding the Big Speakers at the percentages that you want and you can do the same thing with the Mix Bus sends to the Matrix that is feeding the Stall speakers.

Think of the Matrix as a mixer in a mixer that you can send the Mix Bus sends to in the percentages that you want. This may at first seem more complicated than it really is but if gives you the flexibility to make it sound the way you want with the ability to add more inputs to the Mix Bus sends and then to the matrix outputs as needed.

I would also suggest that you use the delay capabilities of the Matrix outputs and delay the Matrix that is feeding the Stall speakers. This is called time aligning the speakers. If the sound to the Big speakers and the Stall speakers are coming out at the exact same time it will cause more of an echo in the room. The sound from Big speakers takes time to (acoustically in the air) reach the stall speakers so if you delay the sound feeding the Stall speakers so that it matches the time it takes for the sound of the Big speakers to reach where the Stall speakers are it will sound a lot better. In the X32 the delay settings are in the routing menu and are ties into the XLR outputs that you will have the Matrix outs assigned to. The delay settings are displayed in the X32 as Feet, Meters and milliseconds. Measure the distance from the Big Speakers to the Stall speakers and set the delay time for the feed to the stall speakers to that distance. This will get you close to the right delay needed.

Once you have this setup right you just have to bring up the inputs and they will be going to the Matrixes in the way that you want them to. And if you want more things going to the different speakers you can use more Mix Bus sends for different things and route them to the matrix in the percentages that you want.
      • December 22, 2021
    • andreaconfa
      andreaconfa I setted up the mixer with four (L and R) mix busses. two for the big speaker and two for the stalls speaker. with this setup i can route everything i want and decide the levels of the mix busses.
      With this setup i can route the mix busses directly to the output. Why i also need to use matrix?

Is possible to use la main LR fader to tune the volume of all my 4 mix-busses? this will be the perfect setup i think, because now pratically my LR master fader doesn't do nothing
      • December 23, 2021
      • Need Help to setup multispeaker output
        KevinMaxwell As you learn more you will see the advantages of the method I suggested. One of the reasons to do it that way that I didn’t mention was on purpose because I didn’t want to overwhelm you all at once. It is related to system tuning.

I assume since the Big speakers and the Stall speakers are different so you will want to EQ them differently to get them to sound the way you would like. And the best way to do that is to tune them to sound as natural as you can using the EQ in the Matrix, you can also insert a graphic EQ from the Effects section into the Matrix to do that. If you use a Graphic EQ pick the TruEQ version. If you do that then the music will sound nice thru them. And then in the Mix Bus that you feed the mic or mics to will want to EQ that more aggressively to give you the best gain before feedback.

Another thing – whichever way you do this you will not be using the L/R masters so the best way to have a master over the whole system is to use a DCA. I use DCA8 as my master. Assign the Mix Bus(es) that you use to DCA8 and I like to name it MASTER and use RED as the color for DCA8 scribble strip.

I hope this helps you to understand this better.
        • December 23, 2021
    • andreaconfa
      Paul_Vannatto whamil, this has nothing to do with the original poster's topic. Please start your own discussion (above) and delete these posts you made. Starting a new discussion will allow you to attach files such as zip files.
      • December 27, 2021
      • Need Help to setup multispeaker output
        whamil I'm sorry, I thought it did, though I couldn't attach the relevant scenes, which give flexible control to individual hardware outputs, as I thought kevinmaxwell is writing about with the matrix. I can provide these ready-to-go scenes, if there is interest.
        • December 27, 2021
  • New
    DennisMilsom
    Contributor - Level 2
    2022-01-26

I am thinking of using the Flow 8 as the audio interface and live mixer for my PC. Can it be used as an audio interface? And are the functions the same when used with a PC and not an iOS device?

Can anyone actiualyl doing this please share experiences and any issues?

Thanks

read more...
    0 22
    • DennisMilsom
      BruhDude420 yo, it's a mixer, which also means it includes an interface in it, and a good one I'd say. I've been using it for a week and very much happy with flow 8
      • Mar 2
  • New
    cowboys4033
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-12-03

Greetings - I'm suddenly having an issue pulling up and / or saving shows to my XR18. I typically adjust settings and all after every show / venue, but now, when I try to pull up a saved show, it's the same settings across the board. Ideas on what I may be doing wrong? I connect the mixer to an external router, fyi. I attached a pic for reference. Thank you in advance! 

read more...
    0 22
    • cowboys4033
      cowboys4033 Does it have anything to do with it showing "Offline Shows"? If so, how do I make it "Online"?
      • December 3, 2021
  • New
    cammyjams
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-03

Hi guys, I'm using the X32 Editor on my PC. I have initialized the console in order to start a new scene template: setup/initialaize/mixer/ok.

Channels 23-24 are missing. I've closed the editor, restarted, re initialized and they are still not there. What am I doing wrong? Thanks!

read more...
    0 22
  • New
    GuitarsandDogs1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-12-27

I'm trying to use the USB recorder on the XR12 mixer.  When I playback through the XR12, it sounds fine.  When I take the USB device to my PC and play the wave file, you can barely hear it.  I've played it through Windows Media Player and iTunes.  When I record,  routing is set to Main L POS on both.  I've also tried Main L POS with Main R POS, just in case.  There was virtually no difference.

Any ideas?  

read more...
    0 22
    • GuitarsandDogs1
      DouglasLohman I have the same issue with XR18 and X32. When I import multi-track to a DAW (Protools for example) I have to boost the gain drastically, at both the input gain and in the EQ. If I am just recording the L&R, I import them into Audacity or Ocenaudio and normalize them. Both examples work well.
      • December 28, 2021
    • GuitarsandDogs1
      GuitarsandDogs1

So far, setting the LR Main source to pre-fader has made some improvement. I'm using Audacity in the meantime.

• December 29, 2021
  • New
    Werd
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-15

Hello,
    I purchased the qx1832usb for the USB interface. On my old mixer, the input/output was two way. With the new mixer I have to toggle the button up/down to have the mixer go to the laptop then from the laptop to the mixer, which sometimes results in the audio being cut out birth ways. 

This is what I'm trying to accomplish: Using Zoom on the laptop, have the output go to the main mix as well as any microphone input that goes to the main mix back to Zoom on the laptop.
    Is there a way to set this up without button pushing?

read more...
    0 22
  • New
    Worsh1pmin
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-17

Has berhinger finally gotten the parts for touch screen raplacement for the wing?

0 22
    • Worsh1pmin
      GaryHiggins I had heard that there were some available. Not sure if it is true or just a rumor. Hope that its true!
      • Jan 17
  • New
    maciekczapnik
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-05

Hello. Will there be an independent pan option (other in monitor and main) in the Flow8?
    Is it possible to do this at the moment?

1 21
Go to page