Statistics

240,988 members
117,223 posts
  • New
    DavidAubin
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-06

Started live streaming our church service a couple of months back and I am not satisfied with the audio over the stream, it's clear, but harsh.  We are still doing our in house service as well.  I have the mix where i want in the house and all I am doing is sending the channels I want for the stream to matrix, before EQ, assigned to a different output.  Some of the lower channels I send to bus then to the matrix to boost that channel.  Micing the room is not an option as it's not an ideal venue(but what is?).  What I have been told is that there is software that can be added with some premixed effects and EQ that i can send from the direct out to one of the aux buses for live streaming.  Is this something from Midas/Behringer or a third party thing? 

read more...
    0 341
    • DavidAubin
      DavidKnighton Hello David Aubin,
      Whatever this added software is would be third party/external. There's no additional software that can be mounted to the operating system of the M32 console. What I can tell you about live stream mix is that most of the time, venues will dedicate a mixer for the venue, and another mixer for the live stream. The reason for this is because as a FOH operator, the inputs are EQ'd to sound good in the room, not through a laptop, phone, or tablet. This is likely why the mix sounds harsh on your live stream. What I would suggest is send all the inputs RAW out of the console to either another console, or to a computer, then mix it to where it sounds good coming out of a laptop or smart phone. Mixing on a pair of reference monitors may get you close, but the real deal here is that laptop speakers and phone speakers are super small and tinny, so you're better off referencing your mix directly off the live stream so you can make real time changes.
      • November 6, 2020
    • DavidAubin
      DavidAubin I know why it sounds harsh, we are a portable site and don't have the room for another mixer. I was going to try mixing it raw on a computer but seeing if there was something else available. Thanks
      • November 6, 2020
      • Midas M32 room mixing and live stream mixing
        DavidKnighton Hello David,
        Have you considered maybe an X32 Rack or M32C? Both units are relatively compact, and you can do most of your mixing from an iPad or laptops. It would be simple enough to daisy chain the main console to a 2nd unit and then you have all the creative processing in your hands for your live mix.
        • November 6, 2020
        DavidAubin Looking into it actually. Just need the budget.
        • November 6, 2020
    • DavidAubin
      KevinMaxwell How many inputs are you presently using on the M32? Do you have any idea if it is particular channels that sound “harsh” to you? Are you sure that you aren’t clipping the signal somewhere in the feed to the live stream. They are very susceptible to being over driven. See below how we dealt with that.

One church I helped set up their X32 for live streaming we took each channel post fader to a Mix Bus (7) and if you needed more or less of that in the live stream they would adjust to taste. This included the vocal reverb that was used for the house mix. They could also send channels to Mix Bus 7 without sending it to the L/R for the house feed. And don’t forget that you have the parametric EQ on the Mix Bus available for shaping the sound.

The way that the system is setup for live helps because the system is tuned for linearity (what go’s in is what comes out) and then vocal mics go thru a Mix Bus before going to the house mix outputs and that Mix Bus is EQed for gain before feedback. This leaves all channel EQs available to deal with making it sound that way you want that mic to sound not having to deal with and feedback issues on the channels. That gives a smoother sound that then translates to a post fader Mix Bus send working for live streaming.

I used the compressor on Mix Bus 7 at about a 7:1 ratio and set the threshold so it was always doing a little something. This was then routed to Matrix 5/6 and the matrix compressor was set to limiting (brick wall limiting) and was set while watching a test live stream and was set to be just under clipping. This was to keep the signal clean and as loud as we could get it but keep it from clipping. Keep in mind that the dynamic range of live sound is not going to work for any kind of broadcasting feed.

It might help you to get the sound you are looking for if you were to insert a Stereo Combinator from the effects rack (FX1-4 can be set to the Combinator) and play with the settings to get the sound you want.

And although it might drive you a little bit craze because of the extreme delay you could have one person with a tablet (hooked up to control the live stream Mix Bus on the M32 over WiFi) mixing the Mix Bus feed while watching and listening to the live stream in another room. I say drive you crazy because any change you make on the Mix Bus you wouldn’t hear right away because of the time it takes for the live stream to reach the person watching and trying to mix it. When we were testing this setup it was around 26 seconds.

I hope this is of some help to you.
      • November 6, 2020
        DavidAubin Thank you for the reply. This is actually what I am currently doing. Everything is a compromise in this manner and I will never be satisfied with it.
        • November 6, 2020
        KevinMaxwell How many inputs are you presently using on the M32?
        • November 7, 2020
  • New
    TomCosaert
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-18

Hey! I have a Midas MR18 digital mixer (similar to the Behringer XR18) and want to connect from its (balanced XLR, mono) AUX outputs to the (unbalanced TRS, stereo) AUX inputs of a Behringer HA6000 headphone amplifier.

Depending on the number of participants (mix-minus feeds for each), I would like to support the following two scenarios:

1. stereo (L/R) headphone monitoring up to 4 people (Midas MR18 limit)
    2. mono (R+R) headphone monitoring up to 6 people (Behringer HA6000 limit)

To be sure not to damage anything, I'd rather not start experimenting with different cables. Therefore, I have two questions (and a follow-up question, depending on the answer of the 2nd question):

Question 1: Would a 2x XLR female to TRS male cable (wired as illustrated below) work for stereo (L/R) headphone monitoring (scenario 1), connecting (paired) MR18 AUX outputs to single AUX inputs of the HA6000?

This would accomodate 3 headphones (AUX outputs only), or even 4 headphones (if I use the MR18 Main L/R outputs as well), to enjoy stereo monitoring.

Question 2: Would the same cable also work for mono (R+R) headphone monitoring (scenario 2), when simply not connecting one of the XLR ends and pressing the "MONO R" button on the HA6000, or is leaving the ring (or tip) signal of the TRS cable "floating" like this a really bad idea?

This would accomodate 6 headphones to be able to monitor in mono (mirrored).

Question 2b: In case using the same cable for scenario 2 is not recommended (see above, question 2), would an XLR female to TS male cable be advised?

Thanks a lot for any help with this! I've been searching the internet for hours already, but could not find any definitive answers to these questions. It seems not a straightforward thing, wanting to connect the MR18 to a HA6000, or similar device with unbalanced stereo inputs.

Note: I currently also own the Behringer AMP800 (which has balanced inputs and allows the use of regular XLR to TRS cables) but I want more connectivity options. Unfortunately, it seems headphone amps with more balanced inputs are not that common.

read more...
    0 284
    • TomCosaert
      RexBeckett Hi Tom, your cable wiring is correct for dual XLR-F to TRS stereo. This should also work for mono if the HA6000 is switched appropriately.
      • November 18, 2020
      • Midas MR18 AUX Outputs to Behringer HA6000 AUX Inputs
        TomCosaert Thanks for the confirmation. Greatly appreciated!
        • ·
        • November 18, 2020
  • New
    skipweaver50
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-04

Hello everyone.

I am trying to find out how to save every single thing on our Midas M32 so that if one day we walk in and all the settings are changed we can load them back to how we had it. Also, we want to have different settings saved for a different service, such as for the individual microphones. Is that called scenes? Can someone walk me through how to save those?

Thank you for your assistance!

read more...
    0 256
    • skipweaver50
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Anthony, scenes can save almost all settings on the M32. The only settings it doesn't save are the scene, cue, snippet lists as well as the Library presets and the first 4 screens of the Setup sections. If you want to save the cues, scenes and snippets, you would export (using the Utility button) the show (from the Cues screen. If you also need to save the settings on the 4 Setup screens, there are some 3rd party tools available.
      • Jan 4
      • Save Everything On Midas M32 And Changes Scenes
        skipweaver50 So if I save a scene, will it overwrite what is not saved? Does a scene save the output level for each channel?
        • Jan 5
      • Save Everything On Midas M32 And Changes Scenes
        Paul_Vannatto When you save a scene, you would go to the Scene screen, select a slot then save it. Anything in that slot will be overwritten by the new scene you are saving (if that is what you are asking). Yes the scene saves all output levels. If you want to see what a scene saves, export the scene (either using the Utility button on the console) or use X32-Edit, then have a look at the file using a text editor (eg. Notepad++).
        • Jan 5
  • toneyrn
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-06-12
    I'm new to Midas digital mixers, but quite experienced with audio in general and have used a digital mixer of another brand that uses a computer to control it via ethernet. I'm trying to use M32-Edit on a Macbook Pro to control a M32C which is hooked up to a DL32. The stage box and the mixer appear to be talking to each other, at least the light on the front of the stage box turns green. I ran a Cat5 cable from the ethernet port on the Mac the Ethernet Remote port on the M32C, which is illustrated in the manual. I can't seem to get M32-Edit to connect to the mixer. Do I need a router? The hookup diagram doesn't show that. HELP!
    read more...
    0 250
    • toneyrn
      balky Yes. You need a router. The mixer has to be on the same network as your computer/ipad/phone etc from which you are attempting to connect to mixer. The ip address of the mixer will be issued by router. Or you can manually assign it in mixer preferences according to your network setup. :)
      • June 12, 2020
    • toneyrn
      DaveMorrison You don't need a router, but it's a lot easier if you do. You'll have to go to Network Preferences and create Static IP addresses because neither the Mac or the M32 has a DHCP server. Like Pavel K said, get a router.
      • June 12, 2020
  • genesisaudiopro
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2020-07-09
    Few months ago i buy a mixer from someone on ebay, he state that the board was a unit return from midas, i use it on my home studio and wasworkinggreat but 3 weeks after start to have some problems, suddenly start to make a pop sound and all the input meters star to go crazy and all the. Output reproduce the same pop sound even after disconnecting everything from the board, i have to turn off to make the problem go away but after couple times is just making the sound. Does anyone having this problem.
    read more...
    0 240
    • genesisaudiopro
      genesisaudiopro I get the board from individual seller on ebay, what i notice is that the box have a rma number on it wich tell me that the board was send out sometime before. I took the board to a local service center and they is a psu problem but they have that board for a almost 2 months now and still waiting from them to call me back.
      • July 9, 2020
    • genesisaudiopro
      DavidKnighton Hi Manuel. I would recommend retrieving the console from the 3rd party service center and sending to Music Tribe Las Vegas for service. They will be able to turn your repair around within a week or two. The only caveat is that the console was purchased 2nd hand, so there is no warranty. You can still have the console repaired, but they will assess a fee. You'll want to navigate to the support tab on the community page and submit a request for service. Someone should be able to get you an RMA.
      • July 9, 2020
    • genesisaudiopro
      DavidKnighton Hello Manual. If the PSU is dropping out, then it will cause pops. There could be an issue with the input board as well. Did you buy the console from MusicFactoryStore or Music Tribe US eBay store?
      • July 9, 2020
    • genesisaudiopro
      ChrisMoyles

As of 5/28/21 -Just an FYI that this is a power supply issue and one of our m32s has been out of commission for more than two months due to a delayed, then botched repair by MusicTribe Las Vegas. There are currently no replacement units available to trade out and replacement power supplies are in short supply. The unit just went back in and Music Tribe promises it will be a couple day turn around. They ate the shipping on this go-round, which amounts to $150 or so. I also called the parts department and backordered an extra power supply. Be wary. I had hopes for Midas retaining some of it's previously stellar customer service, but it looks like MusicTribe/behringer customer service has...well, behringer quality levels.

• May 28
  • New
    zigson
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-12-05

Hello
    there is an important bug in Firmware V4.03 and V4.04 when using an extension card DN-32-WSG; the sound saturates and the gain is changed...

in fact the thing is not more usable !!!!!
    no problem in V4.02 (I just returned to that Firmware and have no more worries )

so I hope they will fix it as soon as possile !
    thanks and cheers

read more...
    0 213
    • zigson
      Paul_Vannatto I don't have that card to validate. But I have reported this issue to the beta testers team.
      • December 5, 2020
    • zigson
      zigson Thanks Paul
      I forgot to specify : the the card is running under SG Firmware V9; as I use it with MultiRack-Soundgrid (which is not compatible with SG V11 software)
      but as I said : all is fine until Midas software V4.02….. the two software who came after were bugged ! and its a heavy bug so that the card becomes completely useless (=distortions and artefacts !!)
      • December 5, 2020
    • zigson
      zigson Hello
      are there some news about this important bug out there ?? for most of the postings on this Forum I see MusicTribe-People responding; but no official answer to my post here!
      this is an important bug and the DN32-WSG-card is no more usable with Console-Firmware V4.3 and V4.4….
      something happened in the code between Firmware V4.2 and 4.3 that makes the card unusable
      when does Musictribe fix that ugly bug ?? are the users condemned to stay with console Firmware 4.2 ???
      (note: I use the card with Driver V9 and Waves MultiRack-SG V9.80; but same bug again also with Waves SoundGrid-Studio and SoundGrid Driver !! )
      • Jan 8
    • zigson
      florianherm Hey, I am having a similar problem by using the X-WSG card. We are getting some serious clicks and cracks from our Waves Card Channels. Its really messed up. We had to downgrade the X32. Would also be cool to have some older firmware versions available on the Behringer website :D

Please give us a status update on fixing that bug :)
      • Jan 13
    • zigson
      zigson hello all there
      I have some marvelous news; Musictribe seems not to be willing to answer, I finally contacted directly Waves and they answered instantly and gave me the right solution :

Here is what the Waves Support-Team wrote to me :
      >>>>>>>
      We are aware of this issue and this is not a bug but a compatibility issue between the new firmware of the console and V9 SoundGrid applications.
      As an alternative you can consider switching to SuperRack application, which works fine with the new firmware.
      Let me know if any further information or assistance is required.

which means : spend another 600 bugs and you’ll be fine !!!
      its just a shame !! and its sad, sad, sad…..
      • Jan 13
  • MadDogUS
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-09-02

Asked this a couple of years ago and no answer and no new products since then either. Should I ditch Midas and go with another brand that actually released new better products lately?

Seen nothing new since M32 (live version was just same as old M32 with a better recording card). Meanwhile there has been many new products from competitors like Allen Heath, SSL etc. all leapfrogging Midas. The new Heritage D is still nowhere to be found. The M32 can't compete with Allen Heath SQ serioes. The Pro 2-3 there are many newer better consoles etc. Did Behringer kill Midas off? The Behringer wing is loosing bad to the Allen Heath SQ series. The Pro series is loosing to Allen Heath 3 new lines and the top is loosing to Avid and SSL. Should I just cut my ties with Midas?

This is important to my company since we are in dire need of updating our Midas mixers. But do we need to change brand too?

read more...
    0 188
    • MadDogUS
      Nigel67 Hi Johan, there is an extremely exciting product that is just about to go into full production, the HD96. Please see the links below. This is our new flagship console and has been receiving rave reviews from clients who have been able to demo one. Please advise which country you reside in and I will put you in touch with our local distributor, who if they have a demo console will be more than willing to demo it to you - conditions permitting. You definitely do not want to ditch Midas, this is an amazing console.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLcIKUB08bA
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wFWzKbkU3Y
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4KYW6DX3eY
      • September 2, 2020
      • What is happening with MIdas?
        MadDogUS At first we are looking for something in same class as Allen Heath Avantes 64 channels to replace the 32 -48 channel mixers we have that is running out of channels and processing. Looking for a system that can have a FOH control surface and live/recording mix console from same stage box(es) (in a separate room to mix with the video mixer to feed live or recorded video). Heritage-D seems good, but it will be to large and expensive to replace the current in use mixers. We are in US and the larger venue we had is shut down so the more immediate (next few months) is something for smaller venue since we can't have any audience live, just live feeds and recordings.
        • September 3, 2020
        Nigel67 Hi Johan, Many thanks for the reply, sorry didn't see the notification until now. Yes, I think that the HD is probably a little over the top for your present requirements. Its either the M32 LIVE or the Behringer Wing that we can offer. The Wing is getting some fantastic reviews.
        • September 10, 2020
    • MadDogUS
      GeorgeDougherty The Wing may or may not be adequate for your needs if you're looking for 64 channels. With all the mix channels being stereo capable, you may find you burn fewer mix channels dealing with stereo playbacks and keyboards. You get 40 full-featured mix channels and 8 aux channels. Build quality and operation feels more Midas level despite the Behringer badge and the price point for its capability is killer.
      • September 13, 2020
        MadDogUS We tried the Wing was not impressed compared to even the Allen Heath SQ series. which sounded much clearer. We are looking for a 96k pro board not a 48k recreational board. Although that is also too small for us, so we are currently looking at the size of AH Aventis which should work for us in the next few years for the smaller midsize events/venues. I was hoping for a new version of Pro1 that could compete with Aventis for price and quality but so far the consoles other than AH are either too big or too outdated (Pro1, 2 etc.).
        • September 13, 2020
        GeorgeDougherty Yeah, there's definitely a hole in the Midas lineup currently.

Personally I'd love to see a 64 channel Midas variant of the Wing with 24-36 bus + 8 matrix. Firmware on the Wing keeps improving workflow but it still has some issues for me. Otherwise, I'd hardly call it recreational. It's almost on par with the Yamaha CL series I love in routing and processing, just short on input channel processing.

Most of my gripes are easily software correctable and while I don't discount what you're hearing, with actual Midas stage boxes handling the IO the sound quality is everything I need to put together good and transparent mixes in a live environment. It sounds better than the X32 and I know from experience even an X32 on a D&B J rig sounds damn fine for a touring band and several thousand people.

I was about to pull the trigger on a 32+16 channel DLive C series setup with Dante card prior to my Wing purchase,.
        The tab was pushing $15K, but the Wing + 48 channels of Midas stage boxes did everything I needed out of the DLive at less than half the price.

If 40 channels don't cut it for you that's fine. As for 96K, when I can actually hear the difference between 48K and 96K mixdowns in my studio, and the double-blind studies stop showing other people can't either, I'll worry about that being a bar for "Pro" work in the live arena.
        • September 14, 2020
  • New
    GregWarren
    Contributor - Level 3
    2021-03-30

Hello,

I have a M32C and I was wanting to be able to control it with a touchscreen monitor by way of the Midas M32 edit software. I'm wanting a large monitor and not an iPad. Possible? And if so, any leads on how to do it? 

TIA

read more...
    0 170
  • DavidStackhouse
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-08-22

Hello... I had heard/read that connection from the M Air app to the MR-18 via external router is more reliable than via its internal router, so I bought an external router - a Linksys EA8300.

First, just to be thorough, I tested it conventionally with my Xfinity internet router, found that the Linksys router functions as intended, and updated its firmware. Then I plugged it into the ethernet jack on the MR-18 and set its Remote switch to Ethernet.

I set my Android device to connect to the Linksys router wifi, which it does, and says "Connected, no internet" (which makes sense).

I open the M Air app, and the connection window appears. Strangely, in the lower left it says...
    "Wifi connected to <unknown ssid>
    1.0.3"
    Then, whether I touch Search or Connect, either way the window that appears says...
    "Searching...
    Wifi connected to <unknown ssid>"
    ...but never connects.

I've tinkered with the IP address, and also with the Wifi lock, but still with no success.

One thing of note: Apparently, both the MR18 and the Linksys router assign themselves by default the IP address 192.168.1.1. I don't know if that's the issue, but I don't know how to change that for one or the other.

Bottom line... can anyone help me get this external router working right? If not, do I really even need it? So far the MR-18's internal router has worked just fine. Thanks for your help.

read more...
    0 169
    • DavidStackhouse
      GaryHiggins You need to make your XR18 settings for the ethernet (or wifi) while you are still actually connected via the built in router. Once saved you can then put the switch in the ethernet position and connect via the direct connection. Settings otherwise do not get saved.
      • August 22, 2020
      • M Air app not connecting to MR-18 via external router
        DavidStackhouse Thanks for replying, Gary.... and what exactly would this settings be, and in what screens? Thanks much...
        • August 22, 2020
      • M Air app not connecting to MR-18 via external router
        GaryHiggins Setup/network pages in M-Air
        • ·
        • August 22, 2020
    • DavidStackhouse
      GaryHiggins I might try a static ip, try something like 192.168.1.18 for ip, use 255.255.255.0 for mask and use the router ip for gateway 192.168.1.1 or leave gateway blank. There are other options if that’s a no go. Maybe dhcp next.
      • August 22, 2020
    • DavidStackhouse
      john0121 Hi David, You can find the detailed steps of connecting with an external router in the following FAQ:

https://musictribecommunity.powerappsportals.com/en-us/knowledgebase/article/6886
      • August 24, 2020
    • DavidStackhouse
      DavidStackhouse Thanks, Gary and John... I'll give it a try!
      • August 24, 2020
    • DavidStackhouse
      DavidStackhouse Gary and John, I finally got around to trying your suggestions, but still have no connection via this router.

I know the router works, because I tested it with our home network before trying to use it with the MR-18.

I connected the same cable as I used during that test from the Ethernet port on the MR-18 to the Internet port on the external router. The remote switch on the MR-18 is set to the left for Ethernet.

I have named the external router network "StackLinksys". The attached picture is of the screen of my Android tablet, showing I am successfully connected to the external router via wifi. (Available networks listed are obviously other networks in range, like my home network and my next door neighbors.)

But, having tried all the methods you suggested, the M Air app still does not see the MR-18 via the external router and thus cannot connect as such. If I switch the MR-18 to Access Point, my tablet sees and connects to it just fine without the help of the external router, just as it always has.

Have you any more thoughts and suggestions on how to get this external router working?

But really, what's the point? What am I gaining by getting this external router working, other than putting another piece of equipment into the signal chain that could potentially fail when I need it most?

Thanks again for all your help. Quite frustrated...   - DS.
      • August 29, 2020
  • Martin4995
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-06-28
    It has taken me 2 days to get registered. Now that I can login I still can't get to much of anything on the website. I either get a gateway time out or bad IP address from the responding server. Is this normal? How can I get the firmware update for my Midas M32r Live?? It seems like an awesome mixer, but if I can't get support, I'm not sure it is worth it.
    read more...
    0 169
    • Martin4995
      Paul_Vannatto No this is not normal. I've been on this forum since December 2012 and the last 4 days has been the worse it has been trying to get logged in or refresh of the site. I think we are all getting the continuous timeouts and bad IP errors. What version do you currently have? Here is a copy of 4.02
      https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MNFmKZ9pmGT3vMbAnnRw9u4qyy2NvY-M/view?usp=sharing
      • June 28, 2020
      • Website Functionality Midas M32R Live firmware update failure to find
        Martin4995 I have version 3.12. I just bought this unit Friday and really like it, other than not being to find certain operational things. I would imagine that they are having a server issue of some sorts. Hopefully they will get it sorted soon! I'm sure everyone feels the same way. Thank you for the update, I think I saw a Youtube video about how to do the upgrade of the firmware. I'll give it a shot. thanks again
        • June 28, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto The Midas M32 site is back up and running. Here is the link to the downloads https://www.midasconsoles.com/Categories/Midas/Mixers/Digital/M32R/p/P0BI9/Downloads#googtrans(en|en)
        The firmware I provided (the previous link) may be an X32 firmware.
        • June 29, 2020
    • Martin4995
      -mjk- Yeah, they're constantly working on updates to the firmware, but we won't be able to even get them at this rate.
      • June 29, 2020
        Nigel67 Hi mjk, I can only apologise for the delay, but we have been moving all the data to new servers over the weekend. If you could tell me which software you require and an e-mail address that I can send it to, then I will forward it on to you.
        • ·
        • June 29, 2020
        BillFleming I would like the 4.02 version of the firmware for the M32 and whatever version FW you recommend for the DL16 - you can send to [email protected] FWIW everytime I try to load an M32 support page my browsers complain about too many redirects. Thanks
        • June 30, 2020
        -mjk- Thanks Nigel. No, I should apologize. I was just needlessly complaining. Sorry for adding to your burden.
        • July 2, 2020
Go to page